View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2024, 09:34 AM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: I Can't Sweem [p]

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Lionheart | Moons: 17 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

Seabreeze didn't really expect Eaglepaw to just throw herself into the deep end, literally, and he panicked a small bit and went to follow behind swiftly to make sure the apprentice didn't drown herself right out the gate but she managed to balance herself so he paused, halfway in the water right behind her. Ah, okay, this was fine. His blue eyes watched as the apprentice fumbled a bit but got into a nice rhythm in a short time just as he had expected. He slowly took himself out of the water again and watched Eaglepaw do a circle or two before she finally spoke again and this time she seemed much more excited about things than she had previously.

The lionheart gave a genuine smile back, "You are! You're doing swimmingly!" He laughed to himself a bit at the pun. He was sure that Eaglepaw would be fit for an actual river in probably one or two more practices if only to build endurance and strength in swimming muscles. "In the river, there's a current, and early newleaf it's especially unkind as it takes a bunch of water from the snow and Frost though it should be calming right about now as well. Once you build a bit of endurance and strength, I think you'll do just fine in the river!" He offered as he watched her climb out and then shake right next to him, but he was already wet is he didn't mind much at all.

It was a nice change in pace, the lionheart thought, that an apprentice was so eager to know more. Sometimes it was a bit tiring to talk and teach to cats that don't seem super interested. It was like working with kits, not in a bad way, just in the amount of interest and questions that he got was a breath of fresh air. He grinned at Eaglepaw, "Well, I'm not sure about swimming and fishing, you would scare everything away. They scatter at the slightest of movements, that's why you need to move quickly when fishing. I suppose you can go diving for good rocks, you may need careful though, for rivers when the water is clean enough I don't see an issue but like Lionsbeach please do not." The first question was one that Seabreeze found himself taking an interest in after the raid on Riverclan... and it's been more moons than he already thought since then but it was an interesting thought nonetheless.

"For fighting underwater, it's definitely possible, and would probably be very effective against other clans. I haven't quite tried it out myself but I plan to. It would likely mean tugging others down under the water so you would need to be able to keep your breath and also build strength to be strong enough to do that. Certainly a good idea!" He purred a small bit happy to share some of his ideas and his passion for swimming with another cat. It made him feel like he was actually kind of okay for the time being as dramatic as that was.

[ @Mica - Eaglepaw ]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!