View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2024, 02:45 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: just when i thought i was safe {p}

When Otterkit began to stir, Lostspark glanced over her shoulder at the young tom as she made her way back to camp. Who was she? "Lostspark." She answered simply. That would be all the answer he needed. The Medicine Cat couldn't help but grimace as Otterkit began coughing - blood. That couldn't be good. And then he passed out. Expression turning sour with dislike at these unfortunate turns of events, Lostspark picked up the kit without a word, hurrying back to camp. She needed him in the Medicine Den, and quickly, where she could treat him properly.

-----

After having reached the Medicine Den, Lostspark wasted no time depositing Otterkit in an empty nest. She took a couple moments to clean the blood from his fur - and then paused on his tail. It was not salvageable. Sighing softly, thanking the stars that at least Otterkit's coma would be helpful for something, Lostspark began the long, arduous process of amputating the kitten's tail. It was a gruesome task - soaking the tail in moss, wrapping a vine tight across the base of the tail to stop bloodflow, then to saw her claws over the base of his tail, cleaving the mangled part from the rest.

She remembered doing this, not so long ago, to Cinderpaw. It was just as gruesome now as it had been then, but there was no other choice.

[ @forest - Otterkit | -1 Moss, -1 Marigold, -2 Cobwebs ]

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.