View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2024, 09:15 AM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: Where You Left Your Heart [Private]

It pained him more to see his friend react in such a saddening way. He could understand the fear and self-doubt. It must've been so hard to go this long without the support of others. He couldn't imagine how maddening it must be. Although, the Commander could see it written all over her face and in how she held herself now. Never had he seen her express so much emotion, and while he'd support and welcome it, he couldn't help but worry too.

"Don't underestimate us, Woolly. We'll get you home. If you think we can do it, I'll make sure it happens," Hawkbite would speak softly to the she-cat as she pressed against him again. The warmth that radiated from her touches was soothing. "You'll come home, I promise."

Hawkbite's eyes closed as he pressed his muzzle into her soft fur again. He wasn't sure what she could be thinking right now, but that was okay, because she was here. Well, it was okay until the sob escaped her, and his eyes shot open to study the rapid movements of her chest. She was crying, huh? More tears. That'd been all they exchanged as of lately.

It was okay. He'd be her shoulder to cry on. That was a silent vow he took to her so long ago and he'd honor it now. Even if this was just a dream. Even if she was so far away. She could always rely on him, he swore it. "It'll all be okay. . ." he cooed, pressing his cheek into her and allowing his eyes to close. One of his forepaws moved and seemed to grasp at her to bring her into a deeper embrace.

It was the only comforting thing he could think of doing to help right now.
He wasn't great at this comforting thing.

@Abyssopelagic

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL