Thread: Firefly Cove
View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2024, 11:03 AM

Bump Policy: Bump me ASAP, or whenever :)
Default Re: Firefly Cove

Quote:
Originally Posted by zozelen View Post
Blazepaw's fiery gaze seemed to burn dimmer at Riversong's words, trying to tell him it was okay. To look out for himself. That it wasn't his fault. He already knew that, why was Riversong trying to tell him? Why was...

Why was Finch...

For a flash of a second, Blazepaw felt the stupid, childish urge to run away. Like a star-damned kit. He felt so weak, so helpless, and it made his heart burn with hate. His brother's mentor was talking about how painful it was. Blazepaw already knew that, he could feel it, he-

"Of course he's worth remembering," Blazepaw snarled, voice quiet and trembling. "I never want to forget my brother. It doesn't matter that he's gone, just because something hurts doesn't mean you can just... forget it."
(so sorry for the wait!)

(no sorries! i'm just glad you managed to squeeze a post out during this depressing arc )

RIVERSONG

Riversong watched as Blazepaw turned into a flicker of his former self. It seems like water and fire will never mix, they thought. Just like how a bird will never swim. It was odd listening to Blazepaw's feelings - it just didn't feel quite like their own. Blazepaw could hold on. Blazepaw could stand the pain. But Riversong couldn't. Somedays, the feeling of loss was so great that it felt like a heavy weight sitting on Riversong's chest. One weight after another after another. "You would truly choose to carry on all that pain?" they mewed in disbelief. "Waking up, every day, just to know that he will be Finchpaw forever?"

A weird haziness passed over Riversong's eyes. It seemed as if their mind was fading, slipping away to a forbidden world. "What do you think Finchpaw's warrior name would have been?" It was a pointless question, one that not even Finchpaw would've been able to answer. "I wonder if he would've been Finchleap, Finchblaze, or even Finchsong like I was named," they mewed dreamily. "I'll ask him when I see him again... and we'll chase finches across the plains of StarClan..." With the last amount of clarity in their eyes, Riversong turned to Blazepaw. "I'm sorry Blazepaw. For everything." Their eyes drooped shut, and they sat in the cove, breathing softly.

-sign my sig below if you want-

Last edited by Littlesun0112; April 15th, 2024 at 11:04 AM.