View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2024, 06:48 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: the hideaway (PRIVATE)

A smile. Pit's stomach wriggled slightly. He tamped it down as firmly as he could, mentally scolding his own indiscipline. A second smile slid onto his maw anyway. Damn it. It took him a moment to process Flicker's words, her lilting voice distracting him from the content of her speech momentarily. He, inexplicably, smiled again as she commented something along the lines of him helping her beat some boredom. Nice. If nothing else, he could be a distraction albeit a rather unintelligent one. It took him a moment to decode her complaint as well, though he didn't entirely understand the allusion to experiments. Pit was aware there was some sort of overarching plan that involved the clan cats (he held no love for them, so harm coming to them didn't concern him) but as to the experiments.....he didn't know much. Above his brain capabilities no doubt.

Unfortunately, his reply to Flicker's query would have to be disappointing, he hadn't done anything beyond a quick hunting spree. I'm perfectly alright. he mewed, adding more somberly Nothing too exciting, I just brought back a couple of mice. Now he grew hesitant, fearing that he had misinterpreted the situation and was about to sound like an absolute fool. Though nothing new there, so he might as well go for it. If we're the only ones in camp right now......what will you miss? If you go hunting? He probably sounded fully daft, but Flicker would have to get used to it if they were going to be working together for long. Which, hopefully, they all would. His importance would come if there was any fighting that needed to be done, and given the snatches of the plan he had caught there would certainly be a time for that. @Streamtail