View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2024, 07:04 PM
Lies! I don't know him!

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Default Re: Sweet Songs and Sharp Fangs [P]

Leopardsong felt a long silence settle after she spoke. She faintly wondered if she had said too much. When speaking her mind, she didn't worry about it often, but there was always room for misunderstanding or miscommunication. Her tail tip twitched back and forth behind her while she leaned against the tom's sturdy frame. The chill, which had frost forming on her whiskers, had been chased away. She listened to the soft breathing of the cats around her, trying to chase away the worries that consumed her mind.

When she finally heard him speak, she had to resist the urge to purr a response to her name. The white bengal smiled softly at the gratitude he offered. Embrassement struck her like a bolt of lightning once her emotions caught up to her brain, she wished she didn't blush so fast, that she had some ability to keep her emotions to herself. In an instant her ears were rosy and her feelings were as clear as if she wrote them in little notes and handed them out. She pinned her ears back and ignored the urge to scratch at her pelt as heat boiled beneath it. Not a trace of cold bothered her now.

Even though she felt the urge to remind him that she was not always right, she took the compliment for what it was and listened to his voice. Leopardsong sat back and let the happiness soak right into her bones. The happiness was infectious. It starts as a tingle in her paws and toes, much like the feeling she has when she is anxious, but instead of worrisome it's warm. She felt it pass through her like a warm ocean wave, washing away the stress and leaving her refreshed inside. As the wave fades she savours the memory of its gentle touch. She wanted the feeling to remain when she was old.

This was all she wanted from Wolffang, to let go and to understand that even though he couldn't fix all the mistakes he'd made in the past, what truly mattered was that he had learned from them and was trying to be better. Not everyone would acknowledge that, and not everyone else would accept it, so long as he knew that he was trying, everyone else around him would have to deal with it.

Relationships were fragile things, once broken, they were hard to fix. No matter what you use to glue the pieces back together, there will always be some cracks that would be unmendable. She couldn't say anything about Leechscar, since it didn't seem like he and Wolffang had ever had a good let alone a decent relationship. But with Deadmoon it was different. She hoped that one day the molly could come to accept Wolffang as he was, but if she didn't then that was alright too. If the pair just tried to mend their relationship it would help them both in the long run, rather than letting all the bad fester and hurt their souls.

"Everyone deserves happiness so long as they acknowledge their wrongdoings and at least attempt to make some atonement, even if it's small. You don't deserve to be punished for the rest of your life for it. I'm happy that you got that through your thick head." The she-cat trilled, lifting her head from his shoulder to give her chest fur a few embarrassing licks. He was going to kill her with all this gratitude he was heaping on her. It was like he wanted her to boil over or something.

"Of course you deserve me, naturally, I'll make you the happiest. You'll stick with me, and I'll stick with you. Together we'll be the happiest pair in WindClan, and we can tease Leechscar. I swear he's allergic to happiness." She jested lamely. "But in all seriousness, I'll be holding you to that. You better be always there for me. Don't go places I can't follow." She mewed with a soft yawn. There was this certain sense of contentment now that she got Wolffang in a better mood.

As if the stars themselves deemed the task that kept her awake done, exhaustion swept over her. It could be tiring ensuring that the love of her life wasn't drowning in a sea of doubts and depression. But it wasn't like she'd ever complain about it or stop. She'd pick Wolffang up repeatedly, weather every storm or hurricane plaguing him, bare her claws and fangs at all of his demons that threatened his happiness, so long as it felt like she was making progress. Who wouldn't when you were as hopeless in love as she was?

@TheNyanCatMinecart [Alright so I broke the cycle! I did not realize it's been so long pushing to get these two together. How time flies. These two deserve each other after everything they've been through. I found it hard to keep Leoardsong from blurting out all her feelings for Wolffang here. Her words were a little off since I had to delete and re-type those a few times. Despite the anxiety, I'm pretty content with this post. ]

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training