View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2024, 01:42 AM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Sunset Grove

Firestorm

Ultimate Predator: Inactive | Burn Baby Burn | Monkey’s Paw

Firestorm was no stranger when it came to not feeling well, however, she’d never actually had to hunt under these conditions before. Despite the queasy feeling in her stomach, she was not going to allow herself to be beat by some incumbent challenger. She was the best hunter in WindClan and she was going to show it.

Heading off in a different direction than Cloverhoney, the orange tabby quickly picked up the scent of her favorite prey – rabbit. Grinning to herself, she carefully tracked the scent to a clump of grass. Remaining hidden, she dashed out and pounced on the lagomorph. Narrowly avoiding getting kicked in the stomach, she managed to deliver a bite to the back of it’s neck – ending it’s life instantly. Panting heavily, she got up and looked down at the prey she caught. She hadn’t been anticipating for it to be that big. ”Bloody hell, it’s a good thing that thing didn’t kick me. Spots’d killed me,” She wheezed, struggling to keep the bile rising within her throat down. She needed more. Surely Cloverhoney would’ve caught more than just one piece of prey, and she would not be losing.

Covering the her catch up, Firestorm left it behind in search of some more prey. She made the executive decision that she would be ignoring any other rabbit smells and going after smaller prey. After all, she needed to do her best to protect the budding lives inside of her and couldn’t just be taking risks like that. What would she do if she took a kick to the stomach? Stars alive, she’d never be able to face Lightningstorm after that.

It didn’t take long for her to catch the scent of vole as she walked. Oh~ Spots was going to be so happy with her when she brought this back. Whiskers twitching with amusement at the sight that surely awaited her when she made her way back to camp, she tracked the smell until she could hear the skittering of the creatures. Yes, creatures. There were multiple, three or four maybe? Taking a deep breath, she focused from her positon in the grass before lashing out to catch them. When all was said and done, she was only able to snag two of them before the other escaped. Well, these would do. Killing them quickly, she took the broken bodies to the rabbit she caught earlier and went out looking for more.

One more prey item, and she’d have won for sure she decided. Stepping away from her catches, she didn’t make it too far before she abruptly released the contents of her stomach. Pregnancy was vile stuff, pain in the arse as Spots would call it. Why had she wished for this? Panting, she shook her head at the thought. Being a mother had been her greatest wish since she was a mere kit and she should instead be glad that her wish was granted (presumably) by the stars. ”Focus Firestorm,” She hissed to herself, gritting her teeth as another wave of nausea washed over her ”This is so you can have a family with Lightningstorm. Get it together.”

Pep talk out of the way, the fiery furred lass walked faster. She was losing her edge and she could feel it. She needed to get this done and get back to camp, and soon. Her grasp on reality and just where she was putting her paws was slipping. Some time passed, and she wasn’t quite sure how it happened, but by the time she came to, she had a dead mouse in her jaws and she was on her way back to the rest of her cache. In the back of her mind she could vaguely recall sinking her teeth into it, but outside of that, things were very hazy. Not good.

When she finally got to it, she slipped the body of the rabbit on top of her back, grunting at its weight. It was almost as big as she was!! Reaching down, she grabbed the rest of her catch and made her way back to where she had left Cloverhoney. ”I win.” She mewed softly, all bluster and theatrics long since gone as she led the way back to camp. This. Felt. Terrible.

Rabbit +1, Vole +2, Mouse +1
[ @silver. ]

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here

Last edited by Dark; March 21st, 2024 at 02:32 AM.