View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2024, 02:23 AM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

( @poppy )

Birdsnow was in agreement about all of his ideas, which pleased him. At her thought that perhaps the Lionhearts could serve as supervisors for the tunnel punishments, he ventured, "I was thinking of getting a few volunteers for that, actually. I think it's a good way for some of the warriors to make more of an impact on the Clan. Obviously they'd need to be level-headed and responsible, and have thick skin."

At her question about the water combat, he answered, "It would be a lesson! I'm not exactly sure how many RiverClan cats even are capable of water combat, so I think it would be best to just make it a mass lesson for all. I'm planning on taking a couple cats out to experiment with some moves eventually."

------------------------------------------------------

( Setting this after the meeting )

The calamity of the meeting hadn't stopped Fadingsun from doing what he'd intended on doing since the invasion ended: making his pitch to Birdsnow regarding what he thought RiverClan should do to retaliate against ThunderClan. As he whisked towards her den, memories of the battle - particularly of the fallen and how badly Dusklion had been wounded - filled his mind.

By the time he reached her den, any feelings of being overwhelmed or self-doubting were gone, replaced by anger at ThunderClan and a coursing desire for revenge. Slipping inside, he got straight to the point. "Hey. I know the battle just happened and all, but I want to talk about retaliation. I get why ThunderClan has issues with us, given the way some of our less-than-admirable warriors have acted over the past season. Invading our camp, however, is going way too far. Bumblestar seems to think that she's free to stride in and out of our territory whenever she pleases, and I think we need to put a stop to that."

He plopped his butt down, knowing that if he stayed standing he'd start pacing around the den like a mad cat.

"I think we need to hit back hard, once we're fully recovered and we've had a chance to prepare. We need to show ThunderClan that we aren't going to tolerate our camp being invaded by their cats - no matter whether it's one or thirty. My proposal is that we attempt to take Firefly Cove and Cattail Pond- together. One force will start the fight at Firefly Cove; while ThunderClan is occupied there, another force will occupy Cattail Pond and move the border so that it's within RiverClan territory again.

"I know this is an ambitious plan, but if we manage to do this we'll quash whatever feelings the other Clans have about us being weak and pathetic, and we'll show them what happens when they take things too far with us. It will give the Clan something to rally around, and it will restore confidence in RiverClan. We'd need as many cats participating in this fight as possible- hell, make it a requirement that all able-bodied warriors and battle-trained apprentices participate."

He had a couple of other ideas on how they could prepare, but he'd keep them to himself until Birdsnow gave her thoughts on the idea. "If you agree, I'm thinking we could strike in about a moon."
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.