View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2024, 01:25 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: battle royale! [open to apprentices and warriors!]

Event [#event]

Dusklion - RiverClan Warrior

As Toadpaw came over, Dusklion grinned wider - then realized the apprentice wouldn't be able to see it. "Fightin' is gonna be a little different for you than it is for the rest of the 'paws - but that doesn't mean you'll be any less sharp at it. In order to fight properly, you'll need to make use of your other senses - hearin', feelin' the vibrations in the ground, scentin' where your enemy is." Part of Dusk wondered if this was the correct way, as she had never trained a blind apprentice nor had she ever been blind. It... seemed right though.

Before she could continue her training with Toadpaw however, she felt a small raindrop land squarely on her nose. Dusk blinked and glanced up at the sky; dark clouds had rolled over and the smell of rain was heavy on the breeze. "Looks like we might need to postpone this," she muttered with a glare up at the clouds just as more raindrops started to fall.

It started soft, then just like that it began to pick up more. As much as she wanted to continue training in the rain, the Clan had no medicine cat to help if anyone here caught a cold. Plus, sweeping her gaze around, she realized that only two of the new pairs were actually fighting. One was just talking, and her brother and Swirls... hadn't even done anything yet. Dusk tried to ignore the frustration that ripped through her belly at that, instead settling on sending a disappointed glance their way.

"Alright, everyone!" she called, lifting her voice up over the rain as it started to fall more heavily. "Gonna call it here - only two of the new pairs are fightin', the rest of you are standin' around, and Fades, don't even get me started. You didn't do anythin." Perhaps her sour mood was just because of the rain cancelling the event. "Let's head back to camp before we get too soaked."

Looking down at Toadpaw, she added, "We can try again with those battle moves later, how 'bout it?" The warrior felt bad that the rain had ended the event early, but figured her Clanmates wouldn't want to continue in a storm. With a flick of her tail she turned to lead the group back, ignoring the burning sensation in her chest that despite her anger and frustration at others, it was her fault this event had moved so slow.

I sincerely apologize about the lack of activity for this event. That is entirely on me, as I should have been keeping up with it. As for the prizes, I will still be selecting six cats at random in this event to do artwork of (as long as they are still active in the Clan). Again, my sincerest apologies that this event did not go as intended.
Sparrowsnarl [ @Micanomancy ]
Amberwing [ @Sklee ]
Firetail [ @SpiritWolf_yt ]
Spottedstream, Rainpaw [ @Bean ]
Cherryswirl [ @Dust ]
Fadingsun [ @Cherry~ ]
Bluefang [ @bubble[error]. ]
Mistypaw [ @starry ]
Adderpaw [ @TheLostAmongTheStars ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |