View Single Post
Old February 29th, 2024, 10:44 AM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: stockades for the healing![herb gathering event]

Event [#event]

Truth be told, the medicine cat apprentice had been expecting the worst. At best, either at least one or two cats are willing to participate to help rejuvenate the vast emptiness of the herb storage. If that was bound to be the case, Springpaw still would’ve gone out of her way to collect as many herbs as she could to help her restock the herb storage itself. Could she have gotten reprimanded for the choice? She wasn’t sure, but she wouldn’t pour her thoughts into it. Did she care though? Not really, just for the mere face of it, it got the job done and over with. But, ThunderClan managed to prove her wrong, gratefully. A good portion of cats had managed to gather around and now, since Springpaw knew that she had more than enough cats to help her aid in restocking the storage, she found herself masking her surprise with a smile of relief. Well, now that there was a good portion of gathered cats, she should make at least some sort of game with it, right? It felt as if it would help ease the tensions that were heavily at stake at the moment. The more incentives that joined, the better.

Looking around at the gathered cats, she silently made note of each cat that joined, surprise briefly surpassing her as she noticed Bumblestar within the mix of gathered cats. Springpaw couldn’t state much about it, but she did feel at least some sort of relief that her leader would tag along in hopes of replenishing the herb storage. It needed all the support that it could get to get it all tidied up and restored. Plus, she’d assume that being stuck in the middle of the medicine den would be incredibly boring, since the calico was quick to note that Violetfreckle was among the mix too, alongside Redhawk. While the two mollies weren’t any cats that she knew all too well, she was pleased to see them within the small group of gathered cats. Before the pastel calico forgot, she noted that Treepaw was surprisingly within the mix as well! Hadn’t she participated in an event that she started a while ago that was similar to this? Springpaw didn’t want to linger among the thought for too long, only passing the thought with a quick whisk of her tail.

Now, with her taking note of every gathered cat, it was time to start getting to business and say what would be occurring within this drastically needed event. “Alright… you lot… Thank you… for joining! I don’t… think I… need to… explain our… situation too… much… as I… already stated… what we… will be doing… during this… important event… but… we need… to collect herbs… not just your… ordinary… plain herbs… but the more… important… and desperate ones… without them… cats will… only fall more… and more… weakened… and I’m… sure that… none of us… want to… handle that… and… none of us… should be… reckless… after the current events… our herb stores… cannot support… a day… of any… reckless accidents… as it stands.” The apprentice began, being sure to rest her gaze among every one of the gathered cats as she briefly explained the matter… or rather tried. She hadn’t ever been a cat of just a few words.

"Now... why not… make a day… of it? Let's get… out there… and patrol… our territory together… and get some herbs… to stock up… our supplies... can't… have us all… stripping every single… bit of our… territory bare… though… so we'll be… aiming for one… or two herbs… per spot we visit… per cat… I'll be there… to ensure no one… gets hurt or poisoned… of course… but for the most… part… I want the lot… of you to show me… what you've got!.. First… cat to get a… mouthful of herbs… claims victory… I'll see about… getting a special… treat for you… I've heard juniper berries… dipped in… honey… is a rare… delicacy… but who knows…. we might… just have… enough to make… a small exception… for the winner!" If Springpaw thought about it long enough, she was certain that she had done the same thing with her other event, except it was just honey that she gave out. She almost felt intrigued to see her clan-mate's faces in reply to her reward for the winners.

Either way, with that out of the way, the calico found herself forming a cheeky smile, nodding her own words in confirmation. Food was always a good motivator, and after having figured out how easy it seemed to be for her to get honey from bees, she would be more than certain that Drizzlecloud wouldn’t mind if she used a few berries slathered in honey to give to one of her clan-mates as a potential reward, even if she wasn’t currently in the right state of mind to give any personal thought towards Springpaw’s reward, but she would assume that she’d go along with it. Plus, Springpaw wouldn’t mind treating someone once in a while all because they won for bearing the most herbs. They would have earned it, after all. Looking around for any possible questions to occur, the oriental-shaped molly twitched her tail, ready to lead the way into ThunderClan’s territory. They could get to the landmarks in due time. A sweep of the territory as a whole seemed like a better place to start, though.

“You all… ready? Let’s head… on out… If you… have any… questions… let me know… I don't bite…. now let's… get out… toward the territories!" the medic called out, before she began to make her way towards the entrance of the camp and headed out towards the territory, eyes focused on the different cats as they gathered herbs within the area.

next post will be
3 - 3

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker

Last edited by iliri; February 29th, 2024 at 10:47 AM.