Thread: Firefly Cove
View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2024, 02:20 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Firefly Cove

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellichor View Post
•° Violetfreckle °•
Rapid Recovery • Collector • Master Scout

Stars and Moon and Skies, Violetfreckle would take any excuse to leave camp. So, hunting with Mudhound was good enough for her. She may or may not have enjoyed the chit-chat as well, though the tabby wouldn't admit it. Something about this three-legged chatterbox had grown on her; maybe it was the unspoken cuddles. Probably.

As Mudhound had their little altercation with the squirrel, Violetfreckle spotted a little sparrow pecking at the edge of some leafless underbrush. She dropped into a crouch, and leapt! With startling accuracy, she landed square on the bird's shoulders and killed it, leaving a bird-shaped imprint in the snow. As she turned around to follow Mudhound, she heard a shrill cry. Dropping the sparrow, Violetfreckle rushed forward, claws out and back arched to find... nothing?

She found Mudhound after a frantic glance around, nose to nose with an odd looking lump of snow. At the question, she sighed and relaxed, cringing a bit as her almost-healed wounds ached. "What... is this thing?" she asked, poking at the lump with a claw.

Mudhound
Thunderclan Warrior | They/them | 31 Moons
Bilingual T2 | Flock Together T3 | Rapid Recovery | Beefed up T3

The minor hyperventilating fit had slowed a bit at the end of Violetfreckles reaction, the tripod sprawled at the floor less genuinely upset and more of vestigially upset. "I DUNNO BUT IMMA SMACK THE CAT WHO MADE IT! IT NEARLY SCARED ME TO DEATH!" With a final long low whine Mudhound finally made an attempt to pull themselves together, belly crawling away from the snow cat before standing, shaking off the distress (and snow) physically.

With a slightly grumpy huff the tripod inched closer again, a paw reaching out to tap at the snow cat and head cocking back and forth as they inspected it. "I.... I think its a snow cat? But its ugly. A kit-cat could do better!" Hmmmmmmm.... Golden eyes narrowed and a kinda lopsided grin formed. "We could do better. Violetfreckle lets do better! Come on I need revenge for this scaring me! We need to make a better snow cat and show whoever made this what a proper one looks like!" Mudhound bounced around like a spring, already pawing together a little starter ball of snow together, tail wagging behind them. "Come on, come on, come on! Its not like well catch prey here after how I screeched! Lets do it!"