View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2024, 08:09 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Default Re: IN REGARDS TO RIVERCLAN HIGH RANKS AND PLOT FINDERS

High-rank positions have and always will be a very stressful & intensive role to play on the website. We all manage the stress of it differently and as someone who has roleplayed as a HR before (and has been roleplaying extensively in both text & voice settings for a long time), it can be very hard to not get lost in the sauce of negative or otherwise "against your character" moments in roleplay, especially when personal issues arise in life - more so when time & stress management start to become jumbled. This also includes inactivity, where sometimes your actions feel hopeless. We learn to move through it and appreciate those who show up and show their support.

Ultimately, I agree with the sentiment that kindness, reassurance, and also communication between all roleplayers is super important, especially when dealing with heavier topics :[ This also helps when distinguishing between strictly IC & OOC issues or worries. Always make sure to express yourself, understand your stress and have a good support system to lean on!! Staff have always expressed that breaks are ok, and if it is too much - even when distributing responsibilities between the HR's in your clan - there is nothing wrong with prioritizing your mental health over the site (and this has happened alot!!).

From what I understand, the staff are involved as much as they have been when it comes to HR selection (it seems to be the same as when I was staff). I think a vote is a good idea in practice, but can come to be super divisive among users, as well as overwhelming or confusing, rather than just having one person choose among a generally even playing field based off activity and clan-presence. When I participated in staff, we sometimes reached out to more inactive or struggling HR's with potential ideas for storylines and plots - however I don't know if this is something that is still occurring!!

All in all, I think the intention is very good! But sometimes threads like these can be very polarizing. I think addressing staff privately with ideas and propositions is a good idea - and making sure to report any actual instances of bullying or negative behavior.

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart