View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2024, 11:45 AM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

Default Contested Herbs in Leafbare [HERB HUNTING EVENT]

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

With the cold season upon them, more and more cats were bound to end up sick. And with the herbs that Riverclan currently had in stock… Yeah, that wasn’t gonna work. So the young healer hatches a plan. A plan so genius that no cat could resist!

A contest.

Making her way into the clearing, she glances around at clan mates settled nearby before clearing her throat loud enough hopefully for most to hear.

“Attention, apprentices and warriors of Riverclan! It’s time for a contest! Gather in close if ya wanna hear the details!”

The molly takes a seat in her spot and waits for a crowd to (hopefully) begin to gather around her before she can start explaining what she’s come up with. Chocolate hues scan the space expectantly and once there are enough faces she begins to speak again, explaining the details of the event she hoped would run successfully.

“I’d like to run a little game. A productive game. We’re gatherin’ herbs because Stars know we need ‘em.” She glances around with a pause, as if to see if everyone was listening. “Here’s how it’s gonna work. Dependin’ on how many of ya choose to participate, there’s gonna be teams of two or three. There’s gonna be four rounds of huntin’. Ya can tap out at any point but you won’t win like that. Each round there’s gonna be a few herbs ya gotta look for. Each herb you bring back will be worth a point and your group’s points will be tallied at the end of each week. At the end whichever team has the most points wins. Now that I got yer attention I’m sure you’re itchin’ to know what you’re gonna win…”

Another pause for dramatic effect…

“The winnin’ team will receive an herb lesson from me. So the team with the most amount of points at the end will join me for in depth lesson on some basic healin’ herbs and how to patch a wound. Sound good? Who’s in?”

RULES
- This event is open to apprentices and warriors only!
- No posts will count past the end date of the event.
- Failure to report by the date that points are tallied per round will result in no points gained for the round.
- Herb hunting will function on a d20 dice rolling system. Meaning you will have to match or beat the set DC of 12 in order to find an herb. A roll will have to be made for each time searched! Meaning you cannot find more than one herb at a time. It is winter, after all, it’s not going to be easy.
- Please keep in mind how many herbs your cat can carry at a time! Unless you have the Collector’s purrk, you should only be able to hold five herbs at once.
- That being said, NO POWERPLAYING. Be honest with your rolls.
- Each round lasts a week. The round begins once the herbs are announced (see dates below) and ends at 11:59PM EST of the last day of the round period. Any posts after that time will not count. You are responsible for reporting back to Tansypaw before that time for your points to count.
- Considering this event is timed, if your teammates go two or more days without responding, you may skip them.

TIMELINE
1/5 - Joining period. Signups to participate begin.
1/8-1/14 - Teams are decided and the first set of herbs to hunt is explained.
1/15-1/21 - First hunt points are tallied. Second set of herbs to hunt is explained.
1/22-1/28 - Second hunt points are tallied. Third set of herbs to hunt is explained.
1/30-2/5 - Third hunt points are tallied. Fourth set of herbs to hunt is explained.
2/6 - Event ends and all points are tallied.
2/7 - Winners are announced.

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !

Last edited by silver.; January 5th, 2024 at 11:49 AM.