Old January 2nd, 2024, 02:17 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Default Re: December Gathering

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

As expected, the gathering hadn’t quite gone smoothly. It’s not like gatherings ever went that way, anyways. Something was always awry, someone was always speaking sourly, the clans were always tense with each other no matter how much peace was supposed to be held here. Her gaze shifted, bouncing between the leaders as they shared their news–some exchanging words. If the other medicine cats were speaking with one another, she wasn’t really focusing on any of it… Not because she was ignoring them purposefully, she was just focused on the matters at hand.

Spiderthroat was the second deputy to be appointed since she became Thunderclan’s medicine cat. Although she and him clearly had their differences, she had grown quite fond of the tom. Spiderthroat was her friend. She thought so, at least. She could count on him, and she believed that she could trust him, too. Even with all that he had been accused of–all that he had claimed was true and what was not. So, to be quite honest, she was a little anxious about what the outcome here would be.

With Riverclan’s announcements came a couple of interesting points. The reason for Falconfeather’s absence and the root of the poison that Thunderclan had been dealing with–Ottersplash. Perhaps she’d have the pleasure of ridding the clans of the molly entirely. The thought drifted over her mind in an almost passive manner, and she almost paid it no mind until she actually processed it–it was wrong. She wasn’t supposed to have such thoughts. Was she in the wrong, though? She was livid. Maybe a part of her would always pray for such a scenario to unfold.

Drizzlecloud blinked a few times, coming back to her senses when Bumblestar called out that they would be departing. Now, she also noticed that the Windclan healers had brought the bundle of herbs back to where she and Springpaw sat–expecting answers, presumably. Her gaze shifted from the wrapped up, yellow-petalled flowers, up to Lightnightstorm.

Ah, so she’s about business now. It was kind of a surprise–considering how she usually behaves. The change nearly shocked her, took the breath from her chest–but she supposed that all cats were capable of it.

“We haven’t given this herb a name–Springpaw and I never really sat down to give it one.” Drizzlecloud began slowly, inching closer to the bundle to carefully tug at the binding, allowing it to unfold ever so slightly to reveal the yellow petals within. “Now, I’m not totally sure what you’re dealing with in Windclan, but this helped us clean-up our poison-problem. The petals, chew ‘em up, have the inflicted cat ingest them. It should help them, hopefully, at least.”

The spotted tabby’s gaze shifted for a moment, eyeing Tansypaw before her fluffy tail thumped against the ground beneath her–an attempt at catching the apprentice’s attention. Even if Riverclan was the root cause of Thunderclan’s issue, it wasn’t Tansypaw’s fault. She felt bad for the young healer. With Falconfeather’s passing, and being thrusted into a new rank out of the blue–she knew the feeling of course–she couldn’t help but feel sympathetic. “You, too. Listen, okay?”

Drizzlecloud returned her gaze to the pair before her, speaking directly to them, but loud enough so that Tansypaw could listen as well if she wished to do so. “We found these by cliff-sides, but Starclan reveals that they may also be found in caves, too, I believe.”

There wasn’t much else to reveal about them, though. Their location, what they did and how they could possibly help… What more could she do? Offering the pair a respectful dip of the head, she spoke quietly. “I’m sorry about… Everything that has been going on. I wish Windclan well–I hope you solve the problem, I really do.”

Lifting herself up and onto her paws, she offered the three healers another nod. “We’ll be seeing you. Tansypaw, I wish you well, too.” And, with that, she turned to follow the rest of her clan, her fluffy tail brushing over Springpaw’s shoulder as she departed.

[ Sorry for the wait everyone! @wolfie - cowtuft, @Alchemist Kitsune - Lightningstorm, @rudolph - Springpaw, @silver. - Tansypaw ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!