Thread: [Approved] Kestrelskies
View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2023, 11:20 PM
canonically the 51%

Bump Policy: three days. 24 hours for time sensitive ones.
My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: Kestrelskies

Kestrelskies noticed as only one member of the Covenant showed up, which caused her to wilt a little. Was her case really so inconsequential? Then again, she was sure many cats csme everyday in order to sppeal themselves to the council. Perhaps they were all tired at this point.

But, at least the member that had come was kind, and have a polite tone. She had at least expected prejudice and spite ignited from old clan feuds, but this queen didnt seem to care. Like Lilycreek. Her aunt would have liked her.

Her heart twisted itself into a knot.

"I suppose I could," she answered truthfully. "If it not for one thing. I... never actually got the chance to prove myself to be a fine warrior. I never had the chance to prove I could serve my clan. Though I have my name, it was given to me one my dying breath." She paused for a moment, before her face broke into a rueful grin. "So perhaps, my reason is more selfish than I have let on. I apologize for any deceit. But... this is my duty. My way of repayment. I can only influence the world below so much from here in Starclan. And," she said, meeting her gaze to the queen in a fierce blaze of conviction. "A territory war is all the more reason to go back. I understand well what it is like, to be caught between a battle of two clans." At this, the fire that burned so brightly in her eye dimmed, and she lowered her head. "I'll be damned if I allow myself to watch as my home gets caught in more conflict."

Despite her pricky outer-shell, Kestrelskies has never wanted conflict. Despite her confrontational and ahouty means, she never once wanted fighting. That was a different kind of evil. The kind she was unwilling to submerse herself in. What would Birdsnow say, if she saw?

Birdsnow. Her Birdsnow. Oh god, Birdsnow. Her heart twisted again. She needed to get back to her. If not for the clan, then for Birdsnow. The rest could burn in hell.

[ @clarice. ]

" nothing you can take was ever worth keeping. "

Last edited by sol.; December 15th, 2023 at 11:20 PM.