Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Default Re: December Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangofDoom View Post
Poppysong ═ ✱
windclan warriornb they/them19 moonstags; @Micanomancy
═ ═ ═
Poppysong curls their tail, smiling at the assurance of their wellbeing. They use that piece of hope to fight back memories of being trapped, of being unable to move. They blink to try to dispel the feeling from their mind.

“Oh, stars, Hawkfur. There was nothing you could have done better,” Poppysong promises. “If you didn’t call out I would’ve been completely buried-“ a shiver runs up their spine and they shut their eyes with a deep breath. Their usual excitement is replaced with icey fear.

With a breath, they try to smile at Hawkfur. “You don’t have to apologize. But, if it will help, I do forgive you.”
Hawkfur [he/him, warrior, 45 moons]
[Deep russet tabby with blue eyes, and a white chest, muzzle, and paws]
---------------------
[Poppysong - @MangofDoom ]
---------------------
Hawkfur didn't look convinced, but some of the tension left his shoulders. "Thank you. I think you are a fine warrior, Poppysong. WindClan would be remiss to lose you." He dipped his head a little, radiating comforting warmth. He went to say something else, but suddenly stiffened, the feeling of being watched pricking along his neck. He turned, scanning the crowd of WindClanners with narrowed eyes. There. His eyes widened in surprise at seeing Locustpaw at the Gathering. When he had searched for the tom before leaving, he had found no sign of him.

Hawkfur turned back to Poppysong. "It looks like I have an apprentice to get back to. If you need anything," he met their gaze, his voice firm. "You have a friend in me." With another final wave of his tail, he headed back towards Locustpaw.
---------------------
---------------------
[Locustpaw - @redshiftreign ]
---------------------
When Hawkfur approached Locustpaw, his tail was swishing in amusement. "I'm so glad to see you here, Locustpaw." He sat down next to the little cat, wrapping his tail around his paws. "I was worried you wouldn't make it to your first Gathering." Hawkfur's voice was raspy and occasionally broke, deep breaths often followed by small coughing fits. Locustpaw, if he had been in camp when Hawkfur returned, would know that he had been in one of the tunnels at the Sky Glade when they collapsed, burying Hawkfur and another warrior, Poppysong. Hawkfur hadn't been crushed by debris like Poppysong, but he had inhaled a lot of dust and dirt, damaging his throat and lungs pretty badly. Since then, Hawkfur's stamina had been greatly depleted, and he had to take more frequent breaks during training or hunting. He had been getting better, however. It would take time for him to be back to his usual best.

When Hawkfur had returned, he had a far away look in his eyes, not leaving Poppysong's side the entire time they had been treated by the medicine cats until he was shooed away. He tried not to let the phantom dust weighing down on him prevent him from being a good mentor for Locustpaw, but it did mean he bantered less, instead looking more tired and letting Locustpaw's comments slide more often.

"I know it's a little underwhelming now," he continued, "but once the other clans show up, it's really something to behold." He shivered a little. "Of course, it's better when it's not leaf-bare."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~