View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2017, 11:05 AM
i put the si in almsivi

My Mood: Mellow

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterchild View Post
Lizardpaw stiffened as she saw Possumpaw. She stretched her sunflower yellow eyes wide and pretended to not know what the other apprentice was meowing about. "Was what me??" Lizardpaw was suddenly conscious of the fact she still had twigs and leaves sticking out of her grey pelt at all angles. She looked quite a sorry sight. "I was just hunting a thrush but you scared it off!" Lizardpaw scrunched her nose, pretending to have been going for the thrush instead of the crow she failed to catch and letting out a fake annoyed huff. The tabby molly was quite a liar, but not a very good one.
She gathered sat herself up and groomed the depris from her pelt. "I just tripped. You know, my mentor says if you trip while your hunting it means you are doing a good job." Lizardpaw realized she sounded ridiculous. "I could have caught that thrush if you didn't come barging in." Lizardpaw squinted at the amount of lies she had just told, but she didn't feel guilty at all. I am only doing it to defend myself and keep my dignity, Lizardpaw always told herself. She had no idea it was wrong and quite frankly she didn't care. It had always been herself before others in her mind.
"Did they, now." Possumpaw scrunched up her muzzle, mocking the expression Lizardpaw had just made. Did the she-cat take her for a fool? She simply would not stand for the fact that the little grey molly had lied so openly- no mentor in their right mind would tell their apprentice that. "Lizardpaw. Did your mentor, pray tell, also inform you that getting eaten by a monster is good for your health? I believe a fountain of knowledge like them would have to bestow you some information like that." Sure, she sounded like a prissy foxheart, but Possumpaw was certainly no fool. Sitting down comfortably, the small slate-grey she-cat looked her companion right in the eyes and blinked, hoping to show open defiance.
"You know what, kit? I think you weren't trying to catch my thrush. I think you were trying to jump through the trees like some kind of weird squirrel-cat." With a flick of her ear, she rolled over, exposing her underbelly for a brief second and then slamming right back onto the forest floor, a smirk plastered on her face. "If so, you ain't that smart, pal."

baibai