View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2023, 06:18 AM

Bump Policy: Every 2 days-a week(24hrs-48hrs if important)
My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: wilderness explorers, let's go! [open to apprentices!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie View Post

Event [#event]

Redhawk
She/they | 28 moons | Ultimate Predator
So not every apprentice who had been in the clearing had followed them out - and it looked like they had one who hadn't joined the initial call with them! Okay, Redhawk could handle these changes. Despite being anxious over the circumstances (and about leading her first ever event) she did her best to remain cool and collected on the outside. Easier said than done, considering flashes of worry shot across her gaze as she looked to gauge the reaction to the first landmark.

Intently she decided to focus on the first question poised by Ospreypaw - oh, he was back! - with a grin. "In greenleaf, the entire c-cove lights up with little f-fireflies! They're b-b-beautiful little l-light sources. Tiny creatu-ures, smaller than your p-paws!" Leaf-bare rid the cove of them, but come greenleaf they would flock here in great numbers, as they had before. Briefly her eyes tracked the medicine cat as well, offering a smile in tandem with Silentpaw who expressed her excitement at being here. It seemed as though their young healer had found something, to which Red was glad.

"Alright, everyone! E-Ears up and eyes alert - we'll be m-moving on towards t-t-the next l-location!" With a swish of her tail and a nod to Feathernose (a silent 'good job!' for keeping up the rear), Redhawk moved from the meadow and back into the thick of ThunderClan territory. She made sure her pace wasn't fast enough to leave anybody behind, but set at a comfortable pace. "Now, d-due to recent t-tensions, we won't be v-v-visiting our shared border w-with RiverClan. But despite it's h-history, it's a lo-lovely place. The trees t-there aren't super t-tall - which, I t-t-think is w-why it's c-called Smallpines?" That was venturing an educated guess, at the very least. "Good f-for finding both w-water and land pr-prey."

"Nearby is a-also C-Cattail Pond; a small pond s-surrounded b-b-by tall-stemmed plants w-with fuzzy brown tops." Redhawk stopped and her brows furrowed together. "...I-I don't know how t-t-to fish, and I'm n-not sure if t-t-that is something new in t-the apprentice c-curriculum. Or s-swimming for that m-matter..." ...How often was Cattail Pond used? Doing her best to rid herself of the sheepishness she felt, Redhawk continued, "It m-might be best t-to avoid it for t-the time b-b-eing." A grin before picking up the pace just slightly.

It would be a little bit of a trek from here to their next location as Redhawk brought the group in away from the RiverClan side of things, until their scent was no longer lingering in the air. "Next up will be W-Willow's Rise, b-but before we head t-there; who a-a-ll here knows the h-hunter's crouch?" Excitement lit up her gaze as Redhawk turned to survey the gathered group of apprentices. With how many of them there were she wasn't certain there would be any prey to catch, but practice never did any harm.

Current Landmark:
Brief Description of Smallpines + Cattail Pond - Not visiting, just passing by
ThunderClan Territory - Intermission: Hunting Refresher

To Be Visited:
Willow's Rise
Haggard Ruins
Intermission - Battle Refresher
Thunderglade [WindClan Border]
Herondive Hollow [Not Visit but discuss]

Landmarks Visited:
Firefly Cove
Smallpines [discussed, not visited]
Cattail Pond [discussed, not visited]

next post: 12/14 or 12/15
feel free in this time to have your characters reply to red, teach each other the hunter's crouch if they see an apprentice struggling, etc. - i'll have red give some pointers in my next post as well as move the group along to willow's rise! apologies for the delay in this post
[ @Katiethewolfchild @peppermintbubble. @BEAR. @GhostlyStarfinder @perseus. @Ravenswings @lesbianism @rudolph ]
//Redhawk? Wasn’t the Cattail Pond poisoned by Riverclan? Silentpaw knew the answer. Those mousebrains, in her eyes, weren’t just enemies. They poisoned it on purpose. They’re evil! //