View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2023, 07:13 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Darkpetal

Lichenflood
He/him | Dark Forest
To him, a family meant everything. It meant sacrifice, it meant loyalty. Kinship was of the utmost importance to Lichenflood, right up there with Clan loyalty. Through narrowed green eyes he watched as this cat tried to justify not being an active part in his family. Though he could detect sincerity in his voice, it was difficult to ignore how he'd already seemingly had a second chance with a new family, and didn't seem to take it seriously.

Dewkit was okay offering him another chance, at which Lichenflood sneered. The kit was young and impressionable, no matter how long they'd been in the stars. Minds were easy to twist and mold and manipulate that young. "Your mate and kin, I'm sure, grieved your lost. I refuse to be apart of sending them more of the same. Even though it's not certain you will, the chance of you regaining your memories and returning to them to stir all of that heartache back up... I won't allow it."

Call him harsh, but all he could think about is the two families forgotten. Sure he'd tried to reach out to his ex-mate and ex-fling, but no attempt at the daughter? No attempt to locate the kits that his fling had bore? Lichenflood couldn't ignore the familiar ache he felt in his heart, reminiscent of his own loss. He would've torn the very stars from the sky for his family, and he got the sense that while family was important to this cat, it wasn't that important.

"Attempting to reach out to your mate is honorable, but I cannot ignore the actions in your first life. How I see it, you had not one but two chances, and you ignored them both. I will not be part of sending you back." And that was that. If the other warden saw fit to send him back, so be it. Lichenflood would keep a close eye on the cat if he did in fact return. And if he threw away a third family? His claws would be there to rectify the situation.

[ @FrostyGalaxy @Rani @RavensCall - i went back and forth on how i thought lichen would feel about this situation, and because he's so family centric and cares more about dedication to that than anything else, he'd vote no. there's still another chance from the last warden though! ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |

Last edited by taillow; November 27th, 2023 at 07:13 PM.