Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2023, 05:45 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: The Starcave

Springpaw
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps[all perm. active; sts for battle training]

The moon was awfully bright tonight. Its bright atmosphere shone through the pale concealment of the bleak skies that decorated the tenebrosity along the deep pitch jet-black sky. The endless array of bright stars seemed to not be so visible as they naturally would in such dark nights as these. Her eyes had grown adjacent with the dim silver lighting that had made the medic’s duo trip to the Starcave relatively simple, bearing little troubles during their stroll, only being relatively guided by the bright light of the silver moon. The pale glow decorated a good portion of the cave, eliminating the ridges tops of it with a brighter portion of silver than its natural dank, gloomy gray. Springpaw was almost bound to call the cave monstrously ancient at this point with its shadow, triangular figures features and being omnipresent and resonant. It was a glorious sight to foresee, but it wasn’t enough to warrant away the fact that Springpaw didn’t have a clear indication of wanting to see this place as nothing more than a clear monument to her deep-set dark blue eyes.

Drizzlecloud’s words tore the calico’s eyes away from the foreign sight, focusing clearly up towards the silver-lit molly as the ticked tabby expelled her own words, practically regarding towards Springpaw’s both current physical and mental physic. Her advision was almost something that the young molly wanted to shield herself away from. Her words meant no harm, truly, but they left a bridged gap between her heavy heart and soul that it felt painfully heavy. The intensity of the pounding of her migraine was more keener and louder than the deep and numbing sensation of her split heart tumbling to the bottom of her stomach.

Her mentor’s next set of words brew only a pile of distraught and utter exhaustion deep within the calico’s stomach, her lips merely pursing against the heavy feeling as she felt Drizzlecloud’s silky, long fur brush past her own. The feeling of her mentor’s gentle nudge was more than enough to drift the feline off course from her thoughts, but not enough to distract her from the already arrived medicine cats. Her pupils narrowed to grow attentive towards the moonlit bodies to take in the shapes of who had arrived, and once she had figured out who each cat was, she felt her heavy heart ache more against her body.

Like a pond slowly freezing solid, her blood runs cold. Her breath halts in her throat, and her lungs, half-empty, shudder as though she had been kicked on the lower-half of her belly. The sight of RiverClan’s medics and Elmshadow casted a heavy shock upon her body, merely gripping at her chest with a grip that felt like she was being submerged into the cold depths of the salty waters of the sea. Her naturally rounded paws felt soggy and uncomfortable against the dampened grass that had brushed past her legs far earlier while both Drizzlecloud and her were journeying their way to the Starcave. They were dry to the point where the dampened fur wasn’t visible, but it still stuck to her skin and left an irking feeling that drowsed its way through Springpaw’s stomach, practically swarming it with the nausea that swelled within her.

After Drizzlecloud’s brief greeting towards both of the RiverClan medic duo, Springpaw could feel herself landing on a shaky breath, the young healer parting her lips to say something but nothing comes out. It was absolutely embarrassing, really, that Springpaw herself couldn’t even complicate the words to greet both of the newbie medics. It was rather unfortunate, if she said so herself.

The arrival of Lightningstorm at least gave the oriental calico some composure, as the WindClan medicine cat hadn’t really given the molly much of a problem—other than her sassy outcome of a personality, that is. Either way, the WindClan healer wasn’t much of an issue for Springpaw as she hasn’t seen much of anything negative about her within the first place. However, it wasn’t hard for the naturally keen-eyed molly to take note of the way that the other molly seemed to be hiding something… like what? Having an keen eye for detail wasn’t something that Springpaw necessarily liked, but rather, it was deemed poseable when it was absolutely necessary to be presented. Her greeting briefly caught the calico off-guard from her concerns about Lightingstorm’s hidden thoughts, only focusing on that instead as she casted the molly a small, plantitive smile that coursed its way through her lips.

“It… is… indeed… growing colder… it’s… been growing… harder… to find… herbs… due… to the… frost…” the words gurgled and were quiet against the louder gush of the autumn chills that surpassed through her thick, tri-colored coat. It made the young feline resist the urge to give out teeth-clattering shudder against the slight chill that bit through her body, making it more difficult than she wanted to suppress the words restlessly wanting to escape her throat. In which, the calico had suddenly remembered that both of the new RiverClan medics still needed to bear some acquainted knowledge for the ways of healing the sick and weakened, alongside the wounded. In return, they could give out the knowledge of those herbs that the fourteen moon old recalled the both of them mentioning. Tansy, thyme, blessed thistle, and watermint. The quadruple set being herbs that the calico had no idea existed and were used.

Swallowing thickly, she focused her deep blue eyes towards the direction of the other medic duo, nervously kneading against the cold floor. “E-erm… T… Tansypaw… Falconfeather… do you… both care… to share… the knowledge… of those… four… herbs… that were… mentioned at… the gathering?… I… will give… you both… some knowledge… that would… be reliable… for the… future… if you… wish…” She half-heartedly offered to the duo of medics as she casted them a sheepish smile, hoping that they’ll take her offer for granted and presumably accept what she was willing to teach the newbie pair of medicine cats. What she was bound to offer could at least help them out with their beginnings of their new roles, and maybe even give them a boost for learning the ways of healing just like Coldamber had for her.

@Omari @silverwynds @staurn @Alchemist Kitsune @wolfie @Pitou [ apologies for the lateness of this post! haven’t been feeling the greatest ]

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker

Last edited by iliri; November 11th, 2023 at 03:51 AM.