View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2023, 08:58 PM
let it snow :-)

Bump Policy: anytime! im usually on late nights (EST)
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwynds View Post

yarrowcrest // he/him // 16 moons
purrks active: mind reader

---

What was happening?

Her words sound further and further away as they drip so much raw emotion it makes his head spin. She gets closer and closer until...

'You always were.'

Was this... Was this a confession? Was he understanding this right? The way that she so tenderly licked the side of his muzzle, it had to mean something. It had to mean what he thought it meant. As it sits and processes in his frazzled brain-- once riddled with thoughts of war and blood and death-- it gets so hard to breathe. It's like she had him pinned again, putting her weight on his chest to squeeze the air from his lungs. But no, she was standing before him with kindness in her gaze. No-- with love in her gaze. Had he just been oblivious all this time? For a cat so observant, so in tune with the thoughts and feelings of those around him, there was no way that he could have missed such an important detail.

But he did, because here they were. In the middle of camp for all eyes to see. No one else mattered in this moment, though. He couldn't tear his eyes away from her. Blue orbs widened in surprise, he stares at her, mouth agape like he still doesn't know what to make of all this. Suffocating, burning up... It was so much. Too much. But just as he had said before there was only so much running away one could do until things would catch up.

And she caught him.

"I..." He struggles to get the words out, still awestruck in this moment of the world around them coming to a grinding halt. Everything was so quiet, aside from the beating of his heart in his ears. Though his expression remains that of a kit leaving the nursery for the first time, the warmth in his eyes... He gazed at her with such warmth. "I'm so lucky. To be good enough for you... I'm so lucky."

( IM EATING MY GD HANDS RN RAAAHHHH )
[ #fire ]
339 words = 67 pts.

Sparrowfur - she/her - 16 moons

---

Sparrowfur waits for an eternity. Thats all that she needs to spiral.

Starclan I knew this would happen, its mousebrained to think he would feel the same! And now I just have to sit here and sit through his response. I wanted so badly and my greed caught up to me! Thats what this is. Its Starclans punishment for my greed. I wanted him too much and too long and look where that got me, having to sit here feels like something a Dark Forest cat would put me through. Having to just stay right here and listen to him say-

"I'm so lucky.."

Sparrowfur opened her eyes she didn't even realize she had closed. Was.. was this happening? Really? Sparrowfur felt her mouth go dry, surely this can't be real. The timing of it all.. Mousebrain! Why say it now? Before a war.

"I.. I was afraid there was a chance where I wouldn't be able to tell you at all." she swallowed. "So I figured just in case.. uhm."

For the first time in Sparrowfur's life she was nervous. She had passed her final assessment with ease, no nervous breathing or loud heartbeats. She had spoken to an intruder, passed a giant dog, Starclan even had a close call with twolegs! But nothing, nothing prepared her for the nervousness she was feeling now.. but why? Why was she nervous? She got what she wanted didn't she? She has Yarrowcrest all to herself now right?

oh, but now I have so much more to lose..

Instead, Sparrowfur shakes the thought from her head. Pushing herself into Yarrowcrests chest.

"You're such a mousebrain." she laughs

[ YGDSKKDUC SLOW BURNS BE DARNED ]

hope left a banana peel here. careful, don't trip!