silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo_! View Post

Sparrowfur - she/her - 16 moons

---

Sparrowfur had never seen him so scared before. Her ears flattened as her stomach sank. She bounded back after him, pushing her muzzle against his cheek. She hoped to soothe his uneasiness, she truly had no idea how to do that but she hoped this would help.

"I.. I can't promise a safe future. Or that this war will end with little casualties." she paused uncomfortably, searching for the right words to say. "..I'm sorry, I wish I knew how this ends. But we're here now aren't we? Isn't that enough?" she looks at him desperately, her voice getting quieter and quieter. "Because.. because its enough for me." she whispered.

Her heart was practically leaping out of her chest. She wanted nothing more to run. Off. Away. The words wouldn't stop coming. Starclan, what was she saying? the impending feeling of danger disregarded as she felt herself move closer to Yarrowcrest.

Dont.

"You're enough for me Yarrowcrest."

Stop.

Her body inched closer every so slowly, the seconds felt like years, everything frozen.

STOP.

She gently licks the side of Yarrowcrests muzzle.

"You always were."

Now you've done it

[ THROWS MY LAPTOP ACROSS THE ROOM SCREAMINF CRYING ETC ETC ]

yarrowcrest // he/him // 16 moons
purrks active: mind reader

---

What was happening?

Her words sound further and further away as they drip so much raw emotion it makes his head spin. She gets closer and closer until...

'You always were.'

Was this... Was this a confession? Was he understanding this right? The way that she so tenderly licked the side of his muzzle, it had to mean something. It had to mean what he thought it meant. As it sits and processes in his frazzled brain-- once riddled with thoughts of war and blood and death-- it gets so hard to breathe. It's like she had him pinned again, putting her weight on his chest to squeeze the air from his lungs. But no, she was standing before him with kindness in her gaze. No-- with love in her gaze. Had he just been oblivious all this time? For a cat so observant, so in tune with the thoughts and feelings of those around him, there was no way that he could have missed such an important detail.

But he did, because here they were. In the middle of camp for all eyes to see. No one else mattered in this moment, though. He couldn't tear his eyes away from her. Blue orbs widened in surprise, he stares at her, mouth agape like he still doesn't know what to make of all this. Suffocating, burning up... It was so much. Too much. But just as he had said before there was only so much running away one could do until things would catch up.

And she caught him.

"I..." He struggles to get the words out, still awestruck in this moment of the world around them coming to a grinding halt. Everything was so quiet, aside from the beating of his heart in his ears. Though his expression remains that of a kit leaving the nursery for the first time, the warmth in his eyes... He gazed at her with such warmth. "I'm so lucky. To be good enough for you... I'm so lucky."

( IM EATING MY GD HANDS RN RAAAHHHH )
[ #fire ]
339 words = 67 pts.

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !