View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2023, 04:13 PM
let it snow :-)

Bump Policy: anytime! im usually on late nights (EST)
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwynds View Post

yarrowcrest // he/him // 16 moons
purrks active: mind reader

---

It was a relief knowing that she felt the same way about the announcement. Though he wouldn't voice his opinion so boldly in the clearing of camp for all to hear, even just knowing he wasn't alone in his uneasiness... It was a comforting feeling. Attacking another cat, especially on their territory, went against everything he was taught as a warrior. But the fear of being exiled for not following such an order... Were his morals more important to him or his place in Thunderclan? It was confusing-- he wishes he were like others with undying loyalty, not questioning the change for even a second. Delighting in killing Shadowclan cats. Sure, he wasn't fond of them by any means but deserving of death?

It wasn't right.

Part of him wanted to seek out Alderstep once more and confide in him-- ask him if he was in support of something like this. But there was a guess as to how he would respond to such a conversation and Yarrowcrest wasn't mentally strong enough to handle that right now. The expression on his face was grim, his paws coming to a halt as Sparrowfur continues on, gaze hard on the ground beneath his paws.

"We... We can't just keep leaving it for another time, Sparrowfur. The more we put it off, the more unprepared we'll be when it's upon us. I don't like thinking about it either but... It's too real now to look away from."

As he picks his head up to stare at her again, he wonders if she can pick out the fear in his gaze. The uneasiness in his muscles. The anxiety in the unsheathing and sheathing of his claws...

[ #fire ]
282 words = 56 pts.

Sparrowfur - she/her - 16 moons

---

Sparrowfur had never seen him so scared before. Her ears flattened as her stomach sank. She bounded back after him, pushing her muzzle against his cheek. She hoped to soothe his uneasiness, she truly had no idea how to do that but she hoped this would help.

"I.. I can't promise a safe future. Or that this war will end with little casualties." she paused uncomfortably, searching for the right words to say. "..I'm sorry, I wish I knew how this ends. But we're here now aren't we? Isn't that enough?" she looks at him desperately, her voice getting quieter and quieter. "Because.. because its enough for me." she whispered.

Her heart was practically leaping out of her chest. She wanted nothing more to run. Off. Away. The words wouldn't stop coming. Starclan, what was she saying? the impending feeling of danger disregarded as she felt herself move closer to Yarrowcrest.

Dont.

"You're enough for me Yarrowcrest."

Stop.

Her body inched closer every so slowly, the seconds felt like years, everything frozen.

STOP.

She gently licks the side of Yarrowcrests muzzle.

"You always were."

Now you've done it

[ THROWS MY LAPTOP ACROSS THE ROOM SCREAMINF CRYING ETC ETC ]

hope left a banana peel here. careful, don't trip!