Old August 13th, 2023, 08:42 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: Shadow's Break

• Ravenpaw •
mottled black-and-white molly with gleaming yellow eyes
Purrks: N/A

So this dock was a plant that grew low to the ground and large leaves grow from its center? That sounded more than easy enough to remember! It was a bit unfortunate that Dawny didn’t have much notice of what the plant looked like or what it was used for, but the bicolored feline didn’t have much thought for it. Dawny wasn’t going to be the one-and-only-one that knew everything just automatically; everyone doesn’t carry such a weird feat like that. While the group had been trekking through the Shadow’s Break, the young feline couldn’t help but ponder her eyes around the dimly lit area, eying mainly the small pond and the marsh-lands that decorated the forest floors. It was indeed a pretty little area, even if it was rather small and spooky for somewhere that she would go personally. It wasn’t exactly her style, but she will deal with it anyways. The sound of Darkfall and Rufflepaw speaking grew into the sound of white notice in her ears as the mottled molly silently explored a small bit of the area. Sure, it was definitely against what she was actually supposed to do, but she was curious. She wanted to explore, and this place seemed like a very cool place to start!

Her ears quickly alerted up towards the sound of Dawny speaking again, mainly focused towards her direction when she ordered for her to look for the herb in case she sees it and to call the tabby over in case she found one. Wow, Dawny was trusting her to find the herb on her own in her first patrol? How exciting! Nodding eagerly, a wide grin smacked itself onto the sides of her maw. “Of course, Dawny! I’ll look for it!” she exclaimed with a purr and ecstatic lash of her tail, the apprentice quickly dashing around a fox length away from her mentor to quickly begin her searching. Scrunching up her nose, the molly began to silently nose around the marshy ground for anything that was going to look different in particular than what was already there; she used her mismatched forepaws to help feel around for anything that felt like a weird little leaf that was growing out of the ground, only to come across just more and more grass along the way. Frustration was almost quick to seep into her grasp, the bicolored feline swishing her tail along her flanks irritably as she continued to node the ground. Dock. Dock. Dock. Where in the world was this weird dock? How were they espoused to find a herb if they didn’t even know what it fully looked like out of context?

Huffing out of irritation, the bicolored feline silently stomped her mismatched paws as she gave up momentarily on trying to find the stupid herb. How was she supposed to point something out if she didn’t even know what it looked like? It was dumb! Then again, Dawny wanted her to try to find the herb on her own and call out to her if she found it, so she guessed that she was going to need to keep trying to find the weird herbs until she found something that was relevant. Letting out yet another irritating huff, Ravenpaw snuck her nose down onto a rather random pile of nettles and leaves that she had just stumbled across at, nosing around the small pile to see if she could at least find something that Dawny could take a look at. Just as the young bicolored feline was about to merely give up and waltz back to her mentor empty pawed, a sharp, tangy smell caught the attention of her sentsitive nose, her brows furrowing as she drifted her head towards the direction of the scent that she had just caught. What in the world was that? Peering closer, the young apprentice decided to further inspect the smell as she nudged her nose through the nettles, using a paw or so to move some out of the way so she could peer closer at the scent that she was following. After moments of nudging snd nosing plants away, yellow hues glanced downwards towards a dark green plant that was growing near the ground; leaves decorating around its center as it looked quite familiar to the leaves that would grow among a tree. Not only that, but the plant itself carried a rsther tangy smell that eliminated off its surface. Could this be it? It fitted the description of what Dawny wanted to find, and it looked close in identical to what she probably wanted, so it was most likely it.

“Dawny! Dawny! I think I found it! I think I found it! Come look!” She trilled, yanking her head upwards as she called out to her mentor, the mixture of nettles and leaves from the bushes brushing along her sides rustling as she eagerly called out for her mentor with gratitude and pride gleaming in her yellow eyes. Would Dawny be proud of the fact that she possibly found it? Would she be willing to give her a compliment about finding a herb that Elmshadow needed? Who knew, she wasn’t the kind that could easily read minds. She just had to find out for herself.

@Undertaker @Leafie @Darkclaws

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker