View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2023, 02:34 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: WindClan Patrols

(I'm going to make another Twistedpaw post at the Sky Glade momentarily - please post any responses [even if they're to this post] there!)

(WARNING: The spoiled segments of this post contain internalized ableism. Please do not read them if this subject bothers you.)

~ TWISTEDPAW OF WINDCLAN ~

Small, skinny, black she-cat with a light gray belly and tail-tip; has a crooked jaw, mangled tail, and one blind eye.

Placeholder ref sheet can be viewed here.

Twistedpaw jumped out of her skin and then some when a blaring voice barked her name from across the clearing. A distorted squeal wormed its way out of her crooked mouth, intensifying as her round black paws slapped the muddy earth and slid. In her shock, she didn't realize she was about to fall over until it was too late. Plop! The skinny apprentice fell sideways into the muck and grass. Thick, wet sludge sank into her matted pelt, bringing an uncomfortable chill that bit into her bones. Quickly, Twistedpaw scrambled to a standing position, shaking like a leaf. Her side was coated in dripping dark brown, and she could've sworn everyone in the clearing was looking at her. She ducked her head. Oh, StarClan... They all saw that, didn't they? Shame made her tremble harder, heat sparking within her cheeks - a contrast to the cold dread pervading her stomach.

Featherbrained. Such a featherbrained reaction to someone calling her name...

Wh-who was it? Twistedpaw wondered, referring to whoever had called her. Even her thoughts stuttered. She was afraid to look. But whoever it was must be on the patrol with her. That would've been relieving had she recognized the voice - and not fallen over. Twistedpaw lifted her head and spotted a massive, primarily white she-cat standing by the camp entrance. Looking at me. Twistedpaw had been located in the center of the grassy clearing, out for every one of her Clanmates to see. And there would've been more than usual because Fallownose had called for patrols... StarClan, save me!

Twistedpaw kept her head low and hurried over to the other she-cat, who she recognized as Sheepgrowl. The apprentice didn't know a lot about her. She certainly hadn't made a good first impression.

I bet Sheepgrowl thinks I'm worthless, pathetic, and horrible... with my tail and all my other disfigurements... Well, Twistedpaw deserved the scorn. Sheepgrowl learned how to get along with three legs perfectly fine. I can't manage with my tail, jaw, and eye. I'm worse than her, anyway. She's not bad at all. She's a strong cat. I'm just a failure.

When she reached Sheepgrowl, Twistedpaw kept her head down, unable to bring herself to look at the warrior's face. "I-I'm s-s-sorry..." she whimpered, her distorted voice stumbling. "I-I-I kn-know I m-messed up... I-I m-missed Fallownose c-calling the p-patrols... I'll b-be f-faster n-next t-time..."

I'm a waste, a burden, she added silently but didn't say out loud.

Through the haze of shame and embarrassment, Twistedpaw remembered Sheepgrowl saying something about getting a move-on and leaving Bunnywisp behind. She felt even worse. I held us up.

And what if Bunnywisp wasn't on the patrol because he couldn't bear to go with the ugly, disfigured apprentice?
Trying desperately to hold back her tears so she was less of an embarrassment, Twistedpaw went to follow Sheepgrowl out of the camp.

@x ghostie @Starfall

How Would You Describe My Writing Style?

New and Improved Character Bios!