View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2023, 01:26 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Do we think Ashfur would be a better mate/father than Bramblestar?

Honestly tbh at this point BOTH ARE BAD OPTIONS OML Buuuuuuut pre reveal to the three bramble wasnt half bad to our lady squirrelly and the kiddos but post that? dog water.

My main issue with bramble is he swings widly on his action depending on the main writer for the book because he was bad during the squirrel ash flirtation period and post three parentage reveal. And will probably continue that trend if the latest books are an indication.

HOWEVER. Any ideas people might have that ash wouldve been a better mate is pure fiction imo. Rereading the books about when squirrel was actually receptive to him he did a lot of..... Not cool stuff. Quietly sure more quiet then brambles 'issues' at that time but still not cool. I cant go into details this late at night because tired but as an adult with experience in relationships now its glaring.

As for the direct question..... Ash might be a better mate, kinda if only in direct comparison with bad husband bramble but I agree with apollo that bramble was by far a better dad. To everyone but alder. Poor alder.

I cant agree that ash for sure wouldnt have found some banal reason to snap and gone crazy. Hes always been unstable looking back at his character so this kinda feels fitting for him.