View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2023, 07:50 PM
Lies! I don't know him!

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Default Re: WindClan Joining & Rejoining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssopelagic View Post
Lilyantler was so, so grateful to see his leader.
He approached her, stopping to give her space.
"Twilightstar. I'm so sorry. I got sepelated from the group, believing I could find everyone by scent after resting, but I didn't realize the smoke scent would carry this far, and I got turned around."
He sighed, wishing he didn't sound so pathetic with his explanation. This sure would teach him to be more open about his need for rest.
He was older, no doubt anyone would understand..... it was only his pride that kept him from asking for help. He desperately needed to unlearn it.

[ @Moonraven ]

The rapid apology was unexpected since it seemed like a genuine accident on his part. Although she was glad to hear that he knew where his fault was. If he had just spoken up about wanting extra rest, they could have waited for him or she could have left some warriors behind to make sure that he caught up with them. "It's alright, I'm just glad you managed to find us. We've lost so many cats during the journey." She meowed sadly. "I'm sure you've learned your lesson about being more open when you're in need of support. Remember that we're all together in a clan." Twilightstar told him, then kneaded her tail over her back leading him back to their home.
[All done]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

[ oops, that's my bad! I completely blanked on the fact that WindClan is no longer in the tunnels ahah; thank you! ]

Or not. The hustle and bustle must've been nothing but a trick of the mind, and yet the scent of WindClan remained strong. Hailpaw felt oddly alone in these tunnels, her voice echoing once, twice, before silence engulfed her surroundings. How strange it was. Maybe this was a sign she wasn't meant to return home, maybe this was just another trick pulled by whatever surreal being held control over this world. How... Stupid. First her assessment getting pushed back again and again, her mentors going missing, getting catnapped, now this? What kind of sick joke was this? Was she nothing but some toy to play with? Well, the pretty apprentice would be damned if she let this slide.

That's when she heard it. The stomping of paws; the familiar scent of her home growing increasingly strong. A silhouette appeared. For a moment, she thought it could Weaselskip, here to take her home - but her mind knew better than to yearn for a traitor, someone who lied and abandoned her. This wasn't Weaselskip. Defensive at first, the molly raised her head high, painful as it was to tense her muscles. You never knew what knucklehead this could be; what idiot would think her an outsider. What kind of outsider would know WindClan's tunnels and Twilightstar? Thank the stars this one was calm.

The glint in Hailpaw's light eyes were one of suspicion as the cat revealed their name, Dustbunny: a feline she hardly remembered, but dully knew as one of the clan's few tunnellers, a position she'd always thought to be interesting. It didn't seem as though Dustbunny recognised her, to which Hailpaw held back a scoff. Just as she expected; WindClan hardly ever looked her way, why she recognised after so many moons. At least this one could take her home - or so she said. A certain pair of words stood out to the molly, and her ears perked, momentarily forgetting the pain.
"Lead tunneller?" Her voice echoed, brows quirking. "Whatever happened to Crowtooth?"
Last she checked, the ragged breathing tom was the lead tunneller. Not... Her. Something must've happened. He died, or disgracefully went missing as well - you'd expect better from a lead tunneller (and if anything, he owes her lessons).

"Oh, never mind."
With a light tsk at her own surprise, Hailpaw painfully shook her head; this was not the matter at paw, and frankly she'd like to see Twilightstar as soon as possible. If this cat could take her there, then she ought to not hold them back with silly chit-chat. She'd find out what happened to the feline when the time came, and that time certainly wasn't now. Why did she even wonder about him? They had no relation what so ever. Her ears briefly pinned back, irked by her own concerns. Stars above, what's wrong with her today.
"I know."
Hailpaw quickly uttered, voice clear as she averted her gaze. She was well aware of the maze-like qualities these tunnels had, and didn't need to somecat to tell her. Certainly not one she was hardly familiar with. In fact, the only bit of reassurance Hailpaw had that she could believe Dustbunny was the strong scent of WindClan to her fur - if it wasn't for that, the apprentice would have long since turned tail and left to find them herself.

That's when she offered a shoulder to lean on, and Hailpaw visibly grimaced. If Dustbunny made any attempt to come close to her, Hailpaw would retreat.
"I'm fine."
She quickly mew, hoping ahead a few steps as though showing off just how fine she was, despite the pain searing through her limps as she did. But Hailpaw was tough and stubborn, unwilling to give in and accept any form of help save for the guide back to WindClan.
"Please just... Take me to Twilightstar."
The word 'home' lingered on her tongue, but was left unsaid as she replaced it with Twilightstar. Her eyes darted down to the ground, grimace long since disappeared. She just this journey to finally be over. 'Let us not waste time', is what she thought as blue eyes flitted back to Dustbunny with determination, silently urging the lead tunneller to begin their road back.

[ @Moonraven ]

[Will probably move this to the medicine cat's den due to Hail's injuries, but you should probably post a healing request before we do.]

Dustbunny was not shocked as her offer to aid the molly was turned down. She was silently relieved. As nice as she was trying, getting close to strange cats, even injured, went beyond her comfort zone. Dustbunny didn't seem at all offended or troubled at how snappy the she-cat was being, she was used to cats being like that with her. Being a tunneler was kind of alien in its own way. No one really got you. Even though she had parted her maw to answer the question about Crowtooth, it was snapped shut again with the demand to be taken to Twilightstar.

The tunneler turned tail and began the journey through the dark maze toward their new camp, eager to be rid of the abrasive she-cat. She made Dustbunny extremely uncomfortable, with words too biting, and her tongue just a tad too sharp. She moved through the tunnels at a snail's pace, purposely, lightly, thumping her hindlegs along the floor whenever the ground sloped upwards or downward sharply, she kept her weight low over her paws to adjust to the changes in the tunnel flooring, but that must be difficult when one was injured. She doubted the she-cat wanted to exchange words with her, so it was easier to give little signals. She should be able to detect the tunnels curved or sloped from Dustbunny's paw steps.

It wasn't too long till they reached a large opening where sunlight spilled in, exiting it led them straight into the prairie. Dustbunny paused for a second, eyes shut to adjust to the lighting before she exited the tunnels. "Mind your eyes." The she-cat meowed after being silent the entire walk. She didn't want to give the molly any more of a reason to be snappy with her. She waited quietly for a few heartbeats to make sure the loner wasn't having any troubles, although doubted she'd tell her even if she was, and then carried on their walk.

She faintly wondered if she should bring this cat all the way to camp as she pushed aside some ferns, and tried to take a path that was less strenuous for the injured feline. As they reached the thicket bushes and the slope that lead up toward the plateau and camp, she was never been so grateful to see the scarred, lilac-gray pelt and green eye peeking out from the entrance of the camp. In quick smooth motions, Twilightstar made her way down toward them.

"I thought I smelt fresh dirt and blood." The leader commented, eyeing the tunneler and then locking her single orb on the one behind her.

"I found her in the tunnels, she said she wanted to talk to you," Dustbunny replied, tail tip twitching nervously.

"Hailpaw, I haven't seen you in seasons." Twilightstar's gaze roamed the she-cat's body taking in all her injuries. Yet another lost clanmate returns wounded beyond recognition. Inwardly, it hurt quite a bit seeing her like this. First Cloverpaw, now Hailpaw, who's next. It was straight to Cowtuft with her.

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training

Last edited by Moonraven; June 13th, 2023 at 07:50 PM.