View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2023, 11:26 PM
:P

Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days !
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: WindClan Leader's Den

「☆」 THE GENTLE GIANT 「☆」
╰► COWTUFT
he | him ★ massive white tom with black splotches and floppy ears + scar over his neck; left green eye and right blue eye ★
ೃ⁀➷ @Moonraven

Ohh, goodness holy moly curse him twice and place a hat on him he was having regrets. A small whimper escaped from the medicine cat, turning to look at his limp hindleg with a look of pure betrayal. It was beginning to throb and ache, but unlike regular wounds - the burns were not seeming to begin to bleed through. It still brought tears his round hues.

Cowtuft's attention shifted over to his beloved leader who was currently nursing a bit of a bump on her head. He offered an apologetic smile, dipping his head in a proper greeting. "I did.. not mean to scare you.. Are you alright..?" He gestured, tilting his head to the side. It was.. weird, attempting to communicate when he had to ever so often glance down to make sure his paws were listening. Eyebrows furrowing close together, "V..visit me? Why? Are you hurt?" And now he was getting a bit worried, because what reason did Twilightstar have to see him? Cowtuft was getting off-focus.

"Oh! Yes - Yes I am, .." there was a beat of silence. "Shaken.. up? But, my leg will heal. There's .. is, a lot. Actually? Uhm.." He tapped his uninjured hindleg against the ground, trying to figure out what thing to explain first. So many. Heckin' Things. "Firstly .. there - was a, uhm.. Smallwing is no longer with us.. She r..resides with.. Starclan.."

"After she .. went into labor, we could not all make it to the river. Batglare took Gingerheart's kits and primarily, she helped.. her with her first kit.. but after, the fire started to approach and .. I made a decision to enter into an abandoned badger's den.. and Smallwing had her second kit, " Sadness started to seep into Cowtuft's expressions, as his gestures became slower; more thoughtful. "Unfortunately .. the den.. it was not stable. Mothpaw came right before the full collapse and.. I did my best.. to hold up the entrance.. but after everyone escaped - I.. My leg was stuck under the rumble.. and with the flames approaching.. Mothpaw and Gingerheart did their best to help me - and.. they did!" He took in a deep breath. The blood-curling scream echoing throughout his ears.

"... Mothpaw was.. very brave.. but as a result, he currently has the worse burns and.. wounds overall.. and is confined to my den.. I - I have hope, they will make a full recovery.. ..I am not sure I would be here.. if they did not show such resolve, " Cowtuft confessed. "Throughout all the chaos, the flames were still.. approaching and Smallwing... who had been suffering.. complications.. used her body to shield her kits from the flames.. her death was honorable, and her kits are safe.."

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- currently on a hiatus until further notice --
pronouns.cc