View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2023, 05:11 PM
canonically the 51%

Bump Policy: three days. 24 hours for time sensitive ones.
My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: No One's Here To Sleep. [P]

CEDARDAPPLE

His composure did not slip. His soul was commanding and calm and good.

Too good. The ones that came here for guidance instead of coming here to die were almost always too good. It saddened her a little, how many living ones she's seen, but her smooth and regal mask did not budge an inch. It never would, ever again.

What she could offer him. What guidance she could give her. The way he said it was almost asking her for confirmation, instead of actually asking her to provide him answer. The sob story knew why he was here. Her maw cracked into an easy smile, though the false gleam was still in her eyes. "It seems you already know why you are here, little leader." He was by no means smaller than her; they were roughly the same size. But Cedardapple, in her eternal cage of death, was nothing if not the wiser. "If you know that much, you should know what it is you want from me. Go on." her voice took a challenging edge. "The first part of solving a problem is understanding a problem," she added. "Tell me what it is you want, and I will see what I can offer to you."

Okay, so maybe the leader would think she was being difficult. Truly, she was, but a difficult cat would often make others show true color, and understand what it was they couldn't before. Cedardapple hoped that in her doing so, it would be the latter, but if it was the former, that wouldn't be so bad. It was easier for her to deal with a cat that was infuriatingly rude and annoying than a cat that was infuriatingly polite all the time.

[ @canineantics ]

" nothing you can take was ever worth keeping. "

Last edited by sol.; March 23rd, 2023 at 05:13 PM.