View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2023, 09:30 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

Default Re: The New League: Roleplay [Revived!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by naiad View Post
It was a quiet (i.e. boring) day in the New League tower today. A handful of people seemed busy prepping for Victory Day, which Covey was avoiding like the plague. His mother always made a big show of going out to see the Victory Day parade with a group of her friends and their kids, which meant Covey could not under any circumstances participate as a New League member. He was considering attending as a civilian, and just playing it off as a surprise for his mom, but he was still deliberating on that.

A voice drew him from his thoughts, and the boy looked up to see one of his patrol members, of all people. “Hello to you too, X.” There was no true sarcasm in his tone as he poked fun at her directness. “Yeah, I got time. What do they need to know?” Paperwork was not his forte - last doctor’s appointment he had to call his mom to help him answer some of the questions - so Covey did appreciate that X seemed to be fine with handling all of that stuff.

@Shade.
Raina wasn't really offended by the sarcastic comment, she was aware of social norms but was pointedly ignoring them. No point to fit into a society that didn't care about you one bit. Her light brown eyes scanned the papers in her hand once more.
"They'reasking uf theres any technical issues in your sleeping quarters like lights and outlets malfunctioning. They also need to know how much of the provided budget you're using." she said matter if factly. These questions mostly didn't apply to her as she did not live in the tower and wasn't a minor who needed financial support. She did get paid of course but that was different.

( @Willowfern sorry if im making a lot of stuff up, i tried to make it as generic/close to what you'vetold me as possible.)