Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Assistance (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Closed Images of characters in roleplay (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81948)

IDIOTICBEAN101 April 22nd, 2024 03:49 PM

Images of characters in roleplay

okay so this might sound a bit dumb, but i've seen a few posts with characters above the roleplay bits, but every time i've tried to put one down, the background isn't transparent or anything. I'm just wondering how to properly do that sort of thing
(I've already saved the image as transparent, but it won't upload as such)

-----------

:happycat:

alec April 22nd, 2024 03:54 PM

Re: Images of characters in roleplay

/ @IDIOTICBEAN101

if you want to add a header or similar above your post you just need the drawing without background, in most drawing apps you can do that by just deselecting the background layer in the layer "menu" and it should save transparently :3
personally, ive found procreate can be a bit annoying with that (doesnt save with transparent background for whatever reason) but i still havent found a way to fix that so i couldnt help you regarding that haha
otherwise, there are websites/apps that let you remove the background of images but i dont really have experience with that
hope this makes sense my brain is a bit scrambled :quivering:

glitch April 22nd, 2024 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDIOTICBEAN101 (Post 1582163)
okay so this might sound a bit dumb, but i've seen a few posts with characters above the roleplay bits, but every time i've tried to put one down, the background isn't transparent or anything. I'm just wondering how to properly do that sort of thing

-----------

Oh you mean headers? For transparent images you can go here, and i can make you one!

IDIOTICBEAN101 April 22nd, 2024 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by IDIOTICBEAN101 (Post 1582163)

-----------

Attachment 3367
I will be testing it a few times in replies

EDIT:IM LOSING IT WHY ISNT IT WORKINGGG(I am grateful for all recommendations that have already and will arrive)

Shrew April 22nd, 2024 04:08 PM

Heya @IDIOTICBEAN101 !
I have a site that usually works for me! Here:

https://www.remove.bg/upload

I hope you figure out the issue!

LostInTheOrchids April 22nd, 2024 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDIOTICBEAN101 (Post 1582172)
Attachment 3367
I will be testing it a few times in replies

EDIT:IM LOSING IT WHY ISNT IT WORKINGGG(I am grateful for all recommendations that have already and will arrive)

Hey so,

Ibis paint x on mobile is 100% free and you can get transparent backgrounds easily.

IDIOTICBEAN101 April 22nd, 2024 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostInTheOrchids (Post 1582175)

Hey so,

Ibis paint x on mobile is 100% free and you can get transparent backgrounds easily.

That was what was used to create the art, I am not quite sure what I am doing wrong, I appreciate your help though

LostInTheOrchids April 22nd, 2024 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDIOTICBEAN101 (Post 1582177)
That was what was used to create the art, I am not quite sure what I am doing wrong, I appreciate your help though

So even if you dont have a background drawn, when you go to download the image, make sure you select the back arrow (while editing the image) and then "Save as transparent png"

Then you'll get a transparent background

Spookez. April 22nd, 2024 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDIOTICBEAN101 (Post 1582177)

Using attachments won't work with transparent backgrounds. Instead, upload the image to your albums, copy and paste the image URL that is located under the image description. Then, click the image button that looks like a picture of a gray mountain and a gray sun. (If your images are blocked, just hover over the button and the button should say "Insert image"

Then, click the button, copy and paste your URL in. (Also make sure the image is big enough and actually has a transparent background. If image is too small, then resize it in the app and or resize the screenshot.)

If it doesn't work, tell me and I can give you a full step-to-step tutorial with a video, or just send a support ticket.

IDIOTICBEAN101 April 22nd, 2024 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spookez. (Post 1582183)

Using attachments won't work with transparent backgrounds. Instead, upload the image to your albums, copy and paste the image URL that is located under the image description. Then, click the image button that looks like a picture of a gray mountain and a gray sun. (If your images are blocked, just hover over the button and the button should say "Insert image"

Then, click the button, copy and paste your URL in. (Also make sure the image is big enough and actually has a transparent background. If image is too small, then resize it in the app and or resize the screenshot.)

If it doesn't work, tell me and I can give you a full step-to-step tutorial with a video, or just send a support ticket.

Is it alright if I could use that step-by-step video?