Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   ThunderClan Events (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Moss-Ball For Grown-Ups [Open to Apprentices & Above] (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75342)

occultation December 22nd, 2023 05:01 PM

Moss-Ball For Grown-Ups [Open to Apprentices & Above]

Event [#event]

ThunderClan needed to keep busy. They were facing pressure from multiple angles, leaf-bare was beginning, the threat of predators and outsiders was ever-lurking, and who knew what sort of calamity might be coming down the line.

Part of being a ThunderClan warrior meant being bold, agile, and coordinated. Drizzlenight felt that an event that managed to capture all three of those qualities, to some degree, would be beneficial for all. And, of course, it would give him something actually exciting to participate in.

Making his way to the center of the clearing, he let out a yowl. "ThunderClan! If you'd like to test your agility, coordination, and fighting skill, join me for a game of grown-up moss-ball. Apprentices and up, absolutely no kits. And no pregnant queens, either. Everyone will be split into two teams, and will need to compete to get a moss-ball to a certain spot. You'll have to stop the other team from achieving this, while helping your team work towards that goal yourselves."

( Drizzle will explain in more detail how this works in my next post, but essentially each team will compete to be the one to stick a moss-ball onto a stick that Drizzlenight designates. When someone on a team has the moss-ball, members of the opposing team will be allowed to do whatever they want (within reason and with no claws) to try to steal the ball.

When someone attempts to grab the moss-ball, whether from another cat or when it's on the ground, I'll roll a D20 die to determine the success rate. Rolling under a 10 means it's a failed attempt, between 10 and 15 means the attempt is successful but the cat's grip on it is loose, and 15 and over means they succeed and have a solid grip on the moss-ball. A cat with a loose grip on the moss-ball will get a -2 disadvantage when someone else tries to take it from them.

If a hard blow is dealt to the cat holding the moss-ball, or if they are knocked over, I'll be rolling a D20 to determine whether they're able to hold on to the ball or not. 10 or less means they drop it, 11 or higher means they successfully hold on. The -2 disadvantage I mentioned earlier for a loosely-held moss-ball applies here as well.

Finally, when someone tries to stick the moss-ball on top of the stick, I'll roll a D20 again to determine success or failure. 10 or less means failure, 11 or higher means success. )

bubble[error]. December 22nd, 2023 05:31 PM

Re: Moss-Ball For Grown-Ups [Open to Apprentices & Above]

*Cherrypaw arrived, still scarred*

Katiethewolfchild December 22nd, 2023 05:33 PM

Sunleap joined.

Dogpaw joined.

Beetlepaw joined.

Sheeppaw followed Beetlepaw.

Eraserhead December 23rd, 2023 07:36 PM

Nightpaw arrived.

Shrew December 24th, 2023 05:14 PM

-MintWhisker Has arrived

occultation December 29th, 2023 02:57 PM

[ The next post for this event is going to be delayed until January 2nd, so you have until then to join. Apologies, but I'm going to be quite busy this weekend. ]

Bluue December 29th, 2023 03:54 PM

Asterwish padded up to the slowly gathering group of cats, taking her place among them

Watermeloon December 29th, 2023 09:26 PM

Feathernose walked over. Maybe this would give her the push she needed.

Samantha December 29th, 2023 11:15 PM

Willowstripes leapt up like a shot she loves battle practice. She was walking so fast that she walked right into Feathernose. "Sorry" She slowed her pace so she was talking to Feathernose. " How are you?"
@GhostlyStarfinder

Watermeloon December 30th, 2023 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samantha (Post 1527340)
Willowstripes leapt up like a shot she loves battle practice. She was walking so fast that she walked right into Feathernose. "Sorry" She slowed her pace so she was talking to Feathernose. " How are you?"
@GhostlyStarfinder

Feather nose blinked in surprise, then quickly replied that she was doing okay.