Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Assistance (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   General Image Questions (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14332)

Midgefur February 7th, 2018 12:39 PM

General Image Questions

I was wondering about the rules involving images:
When the General Rules talk about "four images on your account" is that talking about our profiles/signatures? Does this rule count towards image posts in the visual art topic or in albums?
Are there different appropriate sizes for pictures posted in art threads compared with the 600x200 rule for signatures?

Sorry, I just thought I'd be thorough to avoid rule breaking. :rofl:

NightWarrior4Life February 7th, 2018 01:16 PM

Re: General Image Questions

I think the four images only applies to your signature (so it's not overrun with pictures and doesn't take up space in threads)
I also think the image size only applies to the signature too (again, to avoid taking up space)

BEAR. February 7th, 2018 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midgefur (Post 466141)
I was wondering about the rules involving images:
When the General Rules talk about "four images on your account" is that talking about our profiles/signatures? Does this rule count towards image posts in the visual art topic or in albums?
Are there different appropriate sizes for pictures posted in art threads compared with the 600x200 rule for signatures?

Sorry, I just thought I'd be thorough to avoid rule breaking. :rofl:

As NightWarrior has already stated, these apply to signatures only. However, it's recommended to be mindful of your image sizes as having them too large can mess up thread pages. I'd personally suggest keeping it to around 600 x 600 (since it's not super large), but you can do whatever size you'd like.

Midgefur February 7th, 2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad King (Post 466355)

As NightWarrior has already stated, these apply to signatures only. However, it's recommended to be mindful of your image sizes as having them too large can mess up thread pages. I'd personally suggest keeping it to around 600 x 600 (since it's not super large), but you can do whatever size you'd like.

Hi Mad King and @NightWarrior4Life
Thank you both! Do you know the BBcode for resizing images? I tried a few I used to know but nothing did the trick.

BEAR. February 7th, 2018 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midgefur (Post 466373)
Hi Mad King and @NightWarrior4Life
Thank you both! Do you know the BBcode for resizing images? I tried a few I used to know but nothing did the trick.

We don't currently support the resizing image BBCode (you can see a list of what coding WCO has here), but you can resize your image using an application like GIMP or FireAlpaca. You can also use a site like imgur or ezgif.

Midgefur February 7th, 2018 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad King (Post 466396)

We don't currently support the resizing image BBCode (you can see a list of what coding WCO has here), but you can resize your image using an application like GIMP or FireAlpaca. You can also use a site like imgur or ezgif.

Thanks for letting me know. :o I guess I'll make a smaller thumbnail that'll just link to a full sized version on imgur.
Have a good evening!