Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Character Resources (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   ThunderClan Battle Tournament Sign-Ups (10,000 KK prize for the winner!) (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75107)

occultation December 18th, 2023 11:19 PM

ThunderClan Battle Tournament Sign-Ups (10,000 KK prize for the winner!)

My guy Drizzlenight loves any kind of combat, so he's jumping at the chance to host a battle training event for ThunderClan. To make it more interesting, we're going to be turning it into a tournament! IC, the winner will receive a rabbit that Drizzle caught.

OOC, the winner will receive 10,000kk! I wish I could offer more, but the KK bank is a little dry lately after buying Shadowfur all of his perks lol

This tournament will be done in a single-elimination style using this bracket maker. There will be 16 participants allowed, although if this somehow gains a lot of interest I may bump it up. This limit is just to make sure this tournament doesn't take forever.

I'm doing sign-ups in advance so I can ensure there are enough participants. Those who aren't participating are still welcome to watch!

This tournament won't begin until after Christmas no matter what. In order to participate as an apprentice, your cat needs to have had at least one battle training session. No restrictions for any other rank, although Drizzle will not allow kits (obviously) or pregnant queens to participate.

When the event begins, two spars will happen at the same time until we get to the final fight, just to ensure the event moves along at a good pace. Those currently sparring will be given 72 hours to reply when it's their turn. If they don't, they'll be bumped; if they do not respond after an additional 24 hours, they'll automatically lose the spar. Each participant will be allowed three posts each once the spar begins.

For those of you unfamiliar with how single elimination bracket tournaments work, it's very simple. If your cat wins their spar, they'll move forward in the tournament and fight the winner of a different spar. This continues until there are only two cats left, at which point they spar to determine the winner.

The winner of a spar will be determined by points. I'll issue points based on the following criteria:

- Number of hits landed (one point per hit)
- Significance of hits landed (a graze versus a direct hit, between 1 and 3 points per hit)
- Complexity of your cat's approach (are they strategizing/using unique moves, or just sticking to the basics? between 1 and 4 points issued, based on overall effort)
- "Control time" (if your cat pins their opponent down, for example, this will count as a point towards control time in their favor. Essentially, control time refers to a cat having a lot of or total control over their opponent's ability to fight back; one point per post with your cat dominating the fight)

No form, just plop your cat's name below. If they're an apprentice, please link to a completed battle training session or equivalent. Make sure to tag me!

Apollo. December 19th, 2023 05:05 AM

Re: ThunderClan Battle Tournament Sign-Ups (KK prize for the winner!)

@Cherry~ I am so getting larchflame into this

gs29513 December 19th, 2023 08:41 AM

@Cherry~ If you need more cats at any point Tansyjaw'll have a go, even though she's an elder

occultation December 19th, 2023 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollo. (Post 1522817)
@Cherry~ I am so getting larchflame into this

Quote:

Originally Posted by gs29513 (Post 1522973)
@Cherry~ If you need more cats at any point Tansyjaw'll have a go, even though she's an elder

I’ve got you both down!

Katiethewolfchild December 19th, 2023 02:26 PM

Sunleap's joining. @Cherry~

Bean December 19th, 2023 04:22 PM

// @Cherry~ wildtwist is gonna be yeeted in here

SpiritWolf_yt December 19th, 2023 04:26 PM

my massive boi in Brave sky!!! I enter him!!

occultation December 19th, 2023 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katiethewolfchild (Post 1523301)
Sunleap's joining. @Cherry~

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean_The_Cat (Post 1523377)
// @Cherry~ wildtwist is gonna be yeeted in here

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristmasFawn (Post 1523382)
my massive boi in Brave sky!!! I enter him!!

Got you all down!