Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   StarClan (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   StarClan Territory (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63)

BEAR. October 3rd, 2016 11:48 PM

StarClan Territory

Gusty October 10th, 2016 11:28 AM

Re: StarClan Territory

(First! @Suspiciousmindz : there's no StC dreams forum topic, so Ima post here.)
Heatherbird's jaw lowered to the ground as she heard Cobraspirit's echoing words. The fragments of his sentences still replayed in her mind: "...news that you may not wish to hear." The tom's tone was gentle, but had a note of honesty in them. A cruel kind of honesty that would break the queen's heart into pieces.
What news was there to learn? One of Frogspirit, her past mate? One of her destiny? One of her kit's destinies? The news must be ugly enough to trouble Cobraspirit and whisk her into a dream.
But of course she would want to hear the news. No matter how cruel it could be, fate was going to happen, and she might as well hear it sooner than later. Opening her mouth to answer, though, was another story. A brief hesitation played on the molly's lips, and she half-stuttered out the response. "I-I'm ready to hear it."

SuspiciousMindz October 10th, 2016 05:57 PM

The starry ebony tom-cat dipped his head towards Heatherbird, giving her a long look before he decided to continue. If he were to give the news before she was bound to wake up, it would have to be now. With a deep breath Cobraspirit braced himself for her reaction. "I don't wish to trouble you or upset you in anyway. It is Starclan's will that we must soon have Patchkit join our ranks," The tom-cat paused allowing her to take that information in. He understood what it meant to lose a brother, but for a queen to lose a kit... that was something he'd never understand. "Patchkit may not have a chance to be a warrior, but I promise I'll take good care of him here in the stars," Cobraspirit finished. His voice never cracked or hesitated. It may be heartbreaking to say, but the ebony feline would rather Heatherbird know and be prepared than allow her to lose a kit overnight... whenever that may be.

Gusty October 10th, 2016 08:40 PM

Heatherbird listened to Cobraspirit's words, and felt her throats draw tight with each statement. She could hardly breath; it was like she was suffocating. "W-w-what?" The queen asked. It was more of a statement than a question, and she didn't allow the StarClan warrior to answer. "Why him...?" Her words were quiet and serious. She already convinced herself-a mere five minutes ago- that Patchkit would survive. It must have been fate that the exact opposite would happen.
Fate, cruel fate. The queen could almost feel her heart break into a million pieces. "Patchkit is so young." She sobbed, trying her hardest to have control over her emotions. "He shouldn't pass away so early. This is so cruel." Her eyes blinked back the formation of tears.
Her mind relished a memory of Patchkit suckling her; the way his little heart pounded; the way he squirmed every so often. She never believed that these things would be so important to her. Soon enough, all of it would be gone. Whisked away like the wind.

SuspiciousMindz October 11th, 2016 01:30 AM

"Oh Heatherbird," The ebony tom-cat began to speak. He wasn't sure how to comfort her, although within the moments she took to react, he had moved closer to her, resting his tail upon her shoulders gently and letting her grieve. Although Patchkit was still laying in the nest when she would wake up. He didn't mention it, not wanting her to snap on him, although he'd understand if she did. Cobraspirit was quite surprised that the she-cat hadn't asked a whirl or questions or denied it. That was normally the case.

The starry warrior gave Heatherbird a soft lick on her ear before drawing away. A sort of mist formed around his paws and he knew it was time for Heatherbird to leave. She was waking up and he couldn't stop her. "Please try to understand Heatherbird. I mean not to hurt you," the tom-cat paused, aware that his figure was beginning to fade into the territory. "Frogspirit will help you through this," Cobraspirit promised with sadness clouding his yellow hues. "Spend time with Patchkit now, he loves your attention more than you know,"

Cobraspirit's outline faded away. The last to disappear were his yellow hues and the white star on his chest. The starry warrior was gone.

[To The Nursery Now?]

Gusty October 11th, 2016 05:12 PM

{Ok. I'll post in the nursery.}

sNazzy October 12th, 2016 08:41 AM

(Yeah, lets just post here for dreams.) "Hello, mom." he said with a weird sort of calmness. This place gave him such a feeling of wiseness and tranquility. "Do not worry, Olivestone. Treesight has taught me much. I am okay. Take care of the others, for you only have so much time with them.'

Ag75 -- GONE October 12th, 2016 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by man132435 (Post 8633)
(Yeah, lets just post here for dreams.) "Hello, mom." he said with a weird sort of calmness. This place gave him such a feeling of wiseness and tranquility. "Do not worry, Olivestone. Treesight has taught me much. I am okay. Take care of the others, for you only have so much time with them.'

Tree sight stood back and watched as the young kit spoke to his mother. She nodded approvingly at him.

Hexict October 27th, 2016 08:26 PM

@Zero to Hero

Perking her ears as she heard the tom greet her and her orbs opened again. Mistpaw turned to look at Royalwatcher, the first thing she took in was his sleepy appearance. She gave him a small amused smile at the sight. "I'm sorry for bothering you," she mewed. The apprentice hesitated for a moment and knew that she should continue and probably talk about her reasons for coming to Starclan and wishing to speak with Royalwatcher. "D-did you see the fight?" She didn't bother to specify - there had only been one fight that she was a part of since she last saw her starry mentor. Despite not wanting to talk about it, Mistpaw knew that it was probably best if she did. And Royalwatcher was probably the best person to talk to about it.

Zero October 30th, 2016 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexict (Post 10453)
@Zero to Hero

Perking her ears as she heard the tom greet her and her orbs opened again. Mistpaw turned to look at Royalwatcher, the first thing she took in was his sleepy appearance. She gave him a small amused smile at the sight. "I'm sorry for bothering you," she mewed. The apprentice hesitated for a moment and knew that she should continue and probably talk about her reasons for coming to Starclan and wishing to speak with Royalwatcher. "D-did you see the fight?" She didn't bother to specify - there had only been one fight that she was a part of since she last saw her starry mentor. Despite not wanting to talk about it, Mistpaw knew that it was probably best if she did. And Royalwatcher was probably the best person to talk to about it.

Royalwatcher shook his head at her first few words. "It's fine, totally fine," He meowed, sitting and beginning to groom his pelt. The warrior paused, though, when the she-cat almost immediately brought up the fight she had had with her brother. He hadn't expected her to bring it up so soon. "Yeah, I saw," He responded cautiously, not knowing what she really expected him to say. "I saw everything, the arguing, the physical portion, everything." The tom sat up straight, leaning back on his haunches a bit. "Just so you know, I'm not particularly mad at you or anything. I'm proud that you resisted your previous training." He brought his gaze up to meet hers, his eyes curious. "But, talk to me. Tell me your feelings on the matter."

Hexict October 30th, 2016 03:13 PM

There seemed to be a look of disappointment upon her face as she looked towards the ground with her ears acutely flattening as he claimed that he had seen the whole thing. She had expected him to something other than the fact that he was proud of her - hearing this surprised her. The apprentice glance back up at him with widened orbs. Is he serious? Why would he be proud? So what I showed restraint, I sill attacked Aspenmask! Though Mistpaw viewed it best not to openly judge Royalwatcher's words. She returned her pale gaze towards the ground when he started to question her about he feelings towards the event. Well... I'm upset I let myself get dragged in that far by Aspenmask, and I'm upset I almost killed him without thinking. And I'm scared because of that, like I'm going to fall back into that darkness and Deathstalker will be waiting for me - saying that he knew I'd return. As he thoughts started to darken, she shut her eyes tight and felt like she was going to cry though she was able to hold back the tears. After she started to calm down - but remained shaking slightly - she decided that she didn't want to tell him all of that. "I don't know," she muttered pathetically.

Zero November 2nd, 2016 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexict (Post 13332)
There seemed to be a look of disappointment upon her face as she looked towards the ground with her ears acutely flattening as he claimed that he had seen the whole thing. She had expected him to something other than the fact that he was proud of her - hearing this surprised her. The apprentice glance back up at him with widened orbs. Is he serious? Why would he be proud? So what I showed restraint, I sill attacked Aspenmask! Though Mistpaw viewed it best not to openly judge Royalwatcher's words. She returned her pale gaze towards the ground when he started to question her about he feelings towards the event. Well... I'm upset I let myself get dragged in that far by Aspenmask, and I'm upset I almost killed him without thinking. And I'm scared because of that, like I'm going to fall back into that darkness and Deathstalker will be waiting for me - saying that he knew I'd return. As he thoughts started to darken, she shut her eyes tight and felt like she was going to cry though she was able to hold back the tears. After she started to calm down - but remained shaking slightly - she decided that she didn't want to tell him all of that. "I don't know," she muttered pathetically.

Royalwatcher instantly noticed the surprised and slightly confused look of Mistpaw's face after he had spoken, his watchful gaze always seeming to pick up those types of details. He questioned what he had said wrong and opened his mouth to clarify. "I mean, it's not easy to resist falling into old instincts. The fact that you had attacked him, I'm not proud of that. I'm happy that you stopped yourself in time, that you didn't go through with... you know, seriously hurting him." The older tom's eyes widened a bit when Mistpaw suddenly looked as if she was going to cry, and sputtered out a weak, 'I don't know,' in response to his question. However, instead of doing what most would expect and comforting her, he just sat up straighter and cleared his throat. "Look at me," His voice was still calm. "Stop feeling bad for yourself. You attacked your brother. Siblings fight, I used to fight with my brother all the time, it got physical all the time. You could have killed him, but you didn't do that. Take responsibility for your mistake, and dont run from it. You feel guilty now, and you know what? Those feelings will help you to remember not to do it again."

Hexict November 2nd, 2016 06:59 PM

Upon his clarification, the young molly winced a bit when he pointed out that she hadn't tried to kill him - though had used different. She wished that she could go back in time and prevent herself from getting into that fight with Aspenmask. In fact, it might be even better if she had never left Riverclan in the first place... but she had her reasons for leaving, and wasn't sure if she would actually change whether she wouldn't left or not anyway. Mistpaw looked up as Royalwatcher spoke again, stating that she had to stop feeling bad for herself. That she should allow her guilt to prevent her from doing something like that again. He made sense, and she could understand what he was saying. He shouldn't have to use killing to show that I've improved, the molly thought, knowing that it was pretty bad when that was the comparison. Yet, she did take in his words and gave him a nod. "I-I understand," Mistpaw mewed softly.

She turned away fora moment, her thoughts swirling around her mind. She couldn't really put her thoughts together and think of something to say. The apprentice's fur was heating up with the conversation directed towards her misguided action towards her brother. Mistpaw's pale orbs blinked when they caught some of the starry bushes and remembered the Starclan stream. "I learned to catch fish," she stated sheepishly, feeling even more awkward and embarrassed as she attempted to change the subject. The grey and silver apprentice turned back towards her mentor again.

Zero November 3rd, 2016 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexict (Post 17080)
Upon his clarification, the young molly winced a bit when he pointed out that she hadn't tried to kill him - though had used different. She wished that she could go back in time and prevent herself from getting into that fight with Aspenmask. In fact, it might be even better if she had never left Riverclan in the first place... but she had her reasons for leaving, and wasn't sure if she would actually change whether she wouldn't left or not anyway. Mistpaw looked up as Royalwatcher spoke again, stating that she had to stop feeling bad for herself. That she should allow her guilt to prevent her from doing something like that again. He made sense, and she could understand what he was saying. He shouldn't have to use killing to show that I've improved, the molly thought, knowing that it was pretty bad when that was the comparison. Yet, she did take in his words and gave him a nod. "I-I understand," Mistpaw mewed softly.

She turned away fora moment, her thoughts swirling around her mind. She couldn't really put her thoughts together and think of something to say. The apprentice's fur was heating up with the conversation directed towards her misguided action towards her brother. Mistpaw's pale orbs blinked when they caught some of the starry bushes and remembered the Starclan stream. "I learned to catch fish," she stated sheepishly, feeling even more awkward and embarrassed as she attempted to change the subject. The grey and silver apprentice turned back towards her mentor again.

Royalwatcher let out a soft sigh, clamping his mouth shut in order to stop scolding her. His blue gaze slightly watched her reaction to his words, and was a bit relieved when Mistpaw seemed to accept what he was saying. "You're a good cat," He meowed simply, speaking the truth. "And nobody is perfect." He watched her with a level-headed gaze, even as she tried to change the subject. "Just apologize to him next time you see him, things'll work themselves out over time," He mewed softly before moving on to what she had said about fishing. The tom hadn't been watching her at the time, having been busy with some other things. His gaze followed her's the to way that led to the starry river. "Oh yeah? Think you can catch more fish than me?" The warrior gave a wide grin, leaning forward a bit. He figured a little competition would be just the thing to cheer the other cat up a bit. His fishing skills were a bit rusty, having not fished since he had shown Mist how to do so a few weeks earlier. But, he figured he'd remember how to do it well once he got to the river and looked in. He returned his gaze to the younger cat as he waited for her reply.

Hexict November 4th, 2016 08:59 AM

Since the molly was still unsure about herself, she couldn't really believe Royalwatcher's words when he told her that she was a good cat. Good cats don't train in the Dark Forest... but I suppose Evil cats wouldn't train in Starclan either.... Though she didn't word out her thoughts, not wanting to linger on this subject any longer than she had to. She also wasn't looking forward to apologizing to Aspenmask. Mistpaw thought it would be much easier to just ignore him and keep her distance, if they didn't talk than they couldn't fight. But, she wasn't here for the easy way out - if she was, then she would've stayed out of Riverclan. The grey and silver apprentice did however perk up as he decided to play off of her subject changing, and challenged her to see who was the better fisher. Mistpaw wasn't the best, still much better at fighting than at hunting, but she did want to see where she stood with her abilities to catch fish. "Okay, if you think you can keep!" Her confidence was pretty much a lie, but she wanted to experience a bit of fun, and similar to Royalwatcher, she believed this little competition could possibly cheer her up and lighten the mood.

Zero November 8th, 2016 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexict (Post 18752)
Since the molly was still unsure about herself, she couldn't really believe Royalwatcher's words when he told her that she was a good cat. Good cats don't train in the Dark Forest... but I suppose Evil cats wouldn't train in Starclan either.... Though she didn't word out her thoughts, not wanting to linger on this subject any longer than she had to. She also wasn't looking forward to apologizing to Aspenmask. Mistpaw thought it would be much easier to just ignore him and keep her distance, if they didn't talk than they couldn't fight. But, she wasn't here for the easy way out - if she was, then she would've stayed out of Riverclan. The grey and silver apprentice did however perk up as he decided to play off of her subject changing, and challenged her to see who was the better fisher. Mistpaw wasn't the best, still much better at fighting than at hunting, but she did want to see where she stood with her abilities to catch fish. "Okay, if you think you can keep!" Her confidence was pretty much a lie, but she wanted to experience a bit of fun, and similar to Royalwatcher, she believed this little competition could possibly cheer her up and lighten the mood.

"Oh, I don't just think I can. I know," Royalwatcher meowed more confidently than he felt. Of course, he had been fishing much longer than Mist, but he hadn't practiced as recently as she had. It was a battle of experience versus recently learned skills. He felt a new rush of joy because she went along with his idea and looked slightly happier already because of her perking up. "Come on," He meowed, turning quickly and heading in the direction of the river. The tom strode forward gracefully, moving silently and almost beautifully across the ground. It was only a few seconds before they reached the star-coated river. If you listened from where they usually met, you could hear it's soft rushing noise. He paused for a moment, it's beauty momentarily taking his breath away like usual. He could still remember when he had been a kitten, and had first arrived in StarClan. After the pain of his brother's death bite, he had felt nothing momentarily before a sudden feeling of peace, like being cuddled by his mother. Then, when he opened his eyes, he had been staring at this very river before them. Shaking those thoughts from his head, he turned toward Mist with a smile. "Let's see who the very best is, shall we?" He mewed playfully, his smile widening into a crooked, kit-like grin.

Hexict November 9th, 2016 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero to Hero (Post 25320)
"Oh, I don't just think I can. I know," Royalwatcher meowed more confidently than he felt. Of course, he had been fishing much longer than Mist, but he hadn't practiced as recently as she had. It was a battle of experience versus recently learned skills. He felt a new rush of joy because she went along with his idea and looked slightly happier already because of her perking up. "Come on," He meowed, turning quickly and heading in the direction of the river. The tom strode forward gracefully, moving silently and almost beautifully across the ground. It was only a few seconds before they reached the star-coated river. If you listened from where they usually met, you could hear it's soft rushing noise. He paused for a moment, it's beauty momentarily taking his breath away like usual. He could still remember when he had been a kitten, and had first arrived in StarClan. After the pain of his brother's death bite, he had felt nothing momentarily before a sudden feeling of peace, like being cuddled by his mother. Then, when he opened his eyes, he had been staring at this very river before them. Shaking those thoughts from his head, he turned toward Mist with a smile. "Let's see who the very best is, shall we?" He mewed playfully, his smile widening into a crooked, kit-like grin.

Only being here few times before, the molly didn't know this territory well and followed Royalwatcher to the river. Upon reaching her, her pale orbs feel onto the shimmering surface, watching the water gently head downstream. She had forgotten it's beauty. Mistpaw blinked and glanced back at her mentor when she was ready to start, but hesitated when she notice that he was thinking about something. Not wanting to disturb his thoughts she remained silent as she patiently waited for him to snap himself back to her. She doubted that it was too serious of a thought - though she was wrong about that - since he gave her a smile and was quick to bring back their little competition. "I've been ready," the grey and silver apprentice through the tom a competitive look as she positioned herself beside the edge of the river. As always, it seemed to be filled with fish. Why would dead cats even need this much fish? Mistpaw narrowed her orbs as she watched the fish, deciding it would do no good to ponder on such an unimportant subject. "You better have been practicing, 'cause I have!" Right as said this, the smoky cat launched her paw into the river. It wasn't as swift or as graceful as a master's strike would be, but it wasn't all that bad and had little splash - especially compared to how she was when she started hunting with Royalwatcher. She was able to catch a fish, it's size wasn't special, but she had a look of pride shining in her orbs as she killed in and started a tiny pile at her side. "Beat that!" She challenged, though her confidence was still more of an act in the situation, not trying to expect too much of herself just yet.

Zero November 11th, 2016 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexict (Post 25833)
Only being here few times before, the molly didn't know this territory well and followed Royalwatcher to the river. Upon reaching her, her pale orbs feel onto the shimmering surface, watching the water gently head downstream. She had forgotten it's beauty. Mistpaw blinked and glanced back at her mentor when she was ready to start, but hesitated when she notice that he was thinking about something. Not wanting to disturb his thoughts she remained silent as she patiently waited for him to snap himself back to her. She doubted that it was too serious of a thought - though she was wrong about that - since he gave her a smile and was quick to bring back their little competition. "I've been ready," the grey and silver apprentice through the tom a competitive look as she positioned herself beside the edge of the river. As always, it seemed to be filled with fish. Why would dead cats even need this much fish? Mistpaw narrowed her orbs as she watched the fish, deciding it would do no good to ponder on such an unimportant subject. "You better have been practicing, 'cause I have!" Right as said this, the smoky cat launched her paw into the river. It wasn't as swift or as graceful as a master's strike would be, but it wasn't all that bad and had little splash - especially compared to how she was when she started hunting with Royalwatcher. She was able to catch a fish, it's size wasn't special, but she had a look of pride shining in her orbs as she killed in and started a tiny pile at her side. "Beat that!" She challenged, though her confidence was still more of an act in the situation, not trying to expect too much of herself just yet.

"Of course I have!" Royalwatcher meowed with a nervous laugh, his blue eyes filled with amusement. He was momentarily proud when Mist almost instantly caught a fish, even though he hadn't really been the only one to teach her. However, he quickly shook that feeling from his chest, and focused his attention back on the competition. No sympatizing with the competitor! The warrior turned his gaze to the shimmering water, gaze flicking around in search of the perfect fish. When he had his target figured out, he became perfectly still, waiting for it to wander close enough. Moments later, his orange paw quickly shot out from under him, slipping into the water with the smoothness that came with experience. However, he was off target, and by chance, he managed to scoop up another fish that had been close by. When it hit the ground beside him, he held it down with one paw. It was small, probably only an inch or two bigger than a minnow, but he was glad he at least caught something. "I didn't beat you with this fish! But maybe the next one will!" He meowed, eyeing Mistpaw. The tom didn't voice the mistake he had made, but if Mist had been watching closely enough, she would have seen it. He wondered momentarily if she'd tease him for it.

Hexict November 14th, 2016 10:15 AM

With her gaze glued to the water, the silver and grey molly hadn't noticed the proud look on Royalwatcher's gaze as she caught her first fish in the starry river. It wasn't her first catch ever, but it was the first that her mentor had seen. The apprentice was striving for that proud look that had lasted for a heatbeat and which she had missed. Instead Mistpaw made sure all her focus was on the drock. But she couldn't help her curious instincts at the sound of the tom going in for a fish not too longer after she had, causing her pale orbs to shoot towards him and watched carefully as he missed the initial target of his strike, but had enough luck to accidentally catch another. Mistpaw gave a small laugh at this and flicked her tail as he declared that his next one would beat her own catches. "Oh I'm sure you can - you were able to catch one with a move like that, it's almost as if your eyes were closed," her tease was friendly, proving it with a pleasant grin. Closing her eyes for a moment she let the it all sink in. It was like nothing could go wrong here and all of her worries and bad memories were being deteriorated and now traveled down the perfect river before her. This was one of the reasons why she loved these visits; it was so peaceful and she could get away from everything in the waking world- plus, the orange tabby was good company. Why can't things ever be like this back home? Mist questioned silently, though it felt like this question seemed to scream itself at her constantly. Why is everything so complicated?

Her pale blue orbs flashed opened upon remembering that she was in the middle of a little hunting competition with Roaylwatcher. Mistpaw lashed her tail and leaned forward as silver scales flared from the stunning river. Her silvery paw raised and orbs narrowed, patiently - or not so much- waiting for the prey to make it's way to the apprentice, holding her position until it was an appropriate point for her to strike. The glaring scales made the fish appear large, and she knew that this would be a prey to be proud of if she could catch it. The molly didn't even think of Royalwatcher who might be watching or even the other fish in the river and let herself focus completely on the single soon-to-be fresh-kill. Diving down, her paw seemed to misjudge where the fish had been. Instantly fearing that she had missed Mistpaw found it a relief when the fish panicked and happened to burst forward - right into her claws. Mist gave a visible sigh of alleviation when she flung it up and killed it with a single bite. It was then that she realized how she had misjudged the fish's position: the glaring light from it's beaming scales and the already shimmering water had formed some light around it, which the light looked to be part of the fish when it in fact wasn't. Her initial blow was on the light - luckily the fish had been too panicked to think straight and had landed right where she had original thought it was. Menaing that the fish was actually pretty small, and very dissatisfying after her believes of it being large. She wondered what Royalwatcher would say now if he had noticed, similar to how she had teased him for his lucky catch after the mess up. Mist' face was painted a pinkish color by embarrassment, but tried her best to pretend that it was all part of her plan.

Zero November 15th, 2016 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexict (Post 33312)
With her gaze glued to the water, the silver and grey molly hadn't noticed the proud look on Royalwatcher's gaze as she caught her first fish in the starry river. It wasn't her first catch ever, but it was the first that her mentor had seen. The apprentice was striving for that proud look that had lasted for a heatbeat and which she had missed. Instead Mistpaw made sure all her focus was on the drock. But she couldn't help her curious instincts at the sound of the tom going in for a fish not too longer after she had, causing her pale orbs to shoot towards him and watched carefully as he missed the initial target of his strike, but had enough luck to accidentally catch another. Mistpaw gave a small laugh at this and flicked her tail as he declared that his next one would beat her own catches. "Oh I'm sure you can - you were able to catch one with a move like that, it's almost as if your eyes were closed," her tease was friendly, proving it with a pleasant grin. Closing her eyes for a moment she let the it all sink in. It was like nothing could go wrong here and all of her worries and bad memories were being deteriorated and now traveled down the perfect river before her. This was one of the reasons why she loved these visits; it was so peaceful and she could get away from everything in the waking world- plus, the orange tabby was good company. Why can't things ever be like this back home? Mist questioned silently, though it felt like this question seemed to scream itself at her constantly. Why is everything so complicated?

Her pale blue orbs flashed opened upon remembering that she was in the middle of a little hunting competition with Roaylwatcher. Mistpaw lashed her tail and leaned forward as silver scales flared from the stunning river. Her silvery paw raised and orbs narrowed, patiently - or not so much- waiting for the prey to make it's way to the apprentice, holding her position until it was an appropriate point for her to strike. The glaring scales made the fish appear large, and she knew that this would be a prey to be proud of if she could catch it. The molly didn't even think of Royalwatcher who might be watching or even the other fish in the river and let herself focus completely on the single soon-to-be fresh-kill. Diving down, her paw seemed to misjudge where the fish had been. Instantly fearing that she had missed Mistpaw found it a relief when the fish panicked and happened to burst forward - right into her claws. Mist gave a visible sigh of alleviation when she flung it up and killed it with a single bite. It was then that she realized how she had misjudged the fish's position: the glaring light from it's beaming scales and the already shimmering water had formed some light around it, which the light looked to be part of the fish when it in fact wasn't. Her initial blow was on the light - luckily the fish had been too panicked to think straight and had landed right where she had original thought it was. Menaing that the fish was actually pretty small, and very dissatisfying after her believes of it being large. She wondered what Royalwatcher would say now if he had noticed, similar to how she had teased him for his lucky catch after the mess up. Mist' face was painted a pinkish color by embarrassment, but tried her best to pretend that it was all part of her plan.

(Oh my, friend, you are seriously trying to kill me now XD)

Royalwatcher set his tiny fish to the side, pausing as he was mesmorized by it speckled red, silver, and black side. He remembered the first time he had caught a fish. His father, Quillwing, had been his StarClan mentor after he had died. He vividly remembered the proud look on Quillwing's face after he had killed a fish not much bigger than this; he had been proud of Royal as both his mentor and father. He could guess that it had mirrored his own look of proudness he had had moments ago. However, the memory was tinted with sadness when afterwards Royalpaw had wondered about Rivalpaw, and how at just the mention of him, Quillwing quickly changed the subject. Snapping back to reality at Mistpaw's mew, Royalwatcher let out a nervous chuckle even when his whole body went hot with embarrassment, tinging any exposed skin a light pink. However, he knew that Mist was just teasing him, especially when she cast him a pleasant grin at the end of the statement. "Oh just you wait, youngin'" He meowed, determination coating his ton. "I'm just warming up." And it was true, that had been his practice shot, he was fairly certain he'd get one next time.

Royalwatcher forced himself to stop watching Mistpaw with pride as she continued to hunt, knowing he didn't have time if he was going to win. He turned his gaze to the swirling water, pin-pointing a bigger fish near him. The fish slowly inched forward into paws-reach as the warrior sat there in complete and utter silence and stillness, barely breathing. He let out the breath slowly as he prepared to strike, his eyes narrowing. With a small lunge, his paw flashed out, striking his target right on. With a graceful swing, he flipped the scaly creature out of it's home in a large arch. When it hit the ground beside him, he pounced on it eagarly, killing it swiftly. It certainly wasn't the largest fish he had ever caught, but it was quite bigger than his last catch. "Haha!" He laughed, his eyes wide with excitement. His heart beat widely in his chest, and silently, Royalwatcher realized that this was the most fun he'd had in long time. "Look at this!" He picked the fish up, his jaw almost instantly beginning to ache with it's weight.

Hexict November 16th, 2016 07:48 AM

(XD sorry)

With her attention loyal to the stream in front of her, Mistpaw hadn't noticed Royalwatcher's expression of thoughts. She didn't know about his family and had never really thought to ask. Her pale orbs kept searching for a good catch as she watched all the fish flow past her. Though her ears did perk as she heard the sound of another of Royalwatcher's catches. She tried her best not to lose focus until he called out to her, showing off his largest catch of the day. Mist glanced up half-heartedly but froze when she saw the fish. It was bigger than he two fish, and she knew feared that he would actually beat her... yet, in some way, she was fine with it. Her whole life she always tried to be the best, become great so that maybe someday she could actually help her clan. That thought had started so long ago, it felt like ages. How could a two moon old kit have such ambitions? Something that they let lead them to the darkness in their own minds? Mistpaw had thought for moons that she had to become strong and unstoppable so she could lead the clan, her faith in Otterstar had been shaken when she was two moons old and had witnessed a murders - and the young molly had always believed that Otterstar could've prevented such tragedies but was too weak to protect Riverclan. The apprentice has disappeared from the clans right before Otter's rule and returned not too long after her death, so she never got to see what kind of leader Otterstar really had been. She couldn't protect the clan from Bucknight... the apprentice thought darkly, but shook her head. Neither can I, so I suppose it doesn't matter who was leader if Riverclan was doomed to fall into the claws of the Dark Forest... right? Mist knew she had to think more like that, with less hate and blame towards others. Her orbs blinked as she saw a promising fish swimming her way. He returned to the hunting position and readied her, though when she went for it, the molly's silvery paw missed. She had let her mind wander to deep into her previous thought and her focus was shaken from the river. "Dung!" She hissed under her breath. She wasn't even able to recover and catch one of the fish around her, all being able to slip past her paw. In the embarrassment of another mess up, the grey and silver molly's face returned to a pink color as it started to heat up due to her mistake.

Zero November 17th, 2016 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexict (Post 35785)
(XD sorry)

With her attention loyal to the stream in front of her, Mistpaw hadn't noticed Royalwatcher's expression of thoughts. She didn't know about his family and had never really thought to ask. Her pale orbs kept searching for a good catch as she watched all the fish flow past her. Though her ears did perk as she heard the sound of another of Royalwatcher's catches. She tried her best not to lose focus until he called out to her, showing off his largest catch of the day. Mist glanced up half-heartedly but froze when she saw the fish. It was bigger than he two fish, and she knew feared that he would actually beat her... yet, in some way, she was fine with it. Her whole life she always tried to be the best, become great so that maybe someday she could actually help her clan. That thought had started so long ago, it felt like ages. How could a two moon old kit have such ambitions? Something that they let lead them to the darkness in their own minds? Mistpaw had thought for moons that she had to become strong and unstoppable so she could lead the clan, her faith in Otterstar had been shaken when she was two moons old and had witnessed a murders - and the young molly had always believed that Otterstar could've prevented such tragedies but was too weak to protect Riverclan. The apprentice has disappeared from the clans right before Otter's rule and returned not too long after her death, so she never got to see what kind of leader Otterstar really had been. She couldn't protect the clan from Bucknight... the apprentice thought darkly, but shook her head. Neither can I, so I suppose it doesn't matter who was leader if Riverclan was doomed to fall into the claws of the Dark Forest... right? Mist knew she had to think more like that, with less hate and blame towards others. Her orbs blinked as she saw a promising fish swimming her way. He returned to the hunting position and readied her, though when she went for it, the molly's silvery paw missed. She had let her mind wander to deep into her previous thought and her focus was shaken from the river. "Dung!" She hissed under her breath. She wasn't even able to recover and catch one of the fish around her, all being able to slip past her paw. In the embarrassment of another mess up, the grey and silver molly's face returned to a pink color as it started to heat up due to her mistake.

Royalwatcher watched Mist's face closely as she turned and saw his most recent catch, sombering up a bit when she seems a bit... afraid? ... or was it disappointed? - he actually struggled to read her for the first time ever. However, after a moment she seemed to almost look like she accepted the fact that she was loosing, and for a second he thought she was going to give up, especially when she didn't move for a minute or two. He realized, though, that she hadn't and had just been deep in thought when she turned back toward the river. The tom was still a bit disappointed, however, that he hadn't gotten the reaction he had been looking for in response to his catch and slowly lowered it to the ground beside his other tiny fish. He looked up just in time to see her become still as she awaited her next target, and decided to stop for a moment and watch her. He noticed almost instantly that she hadn't been focused enough, and his realization was confirmed when her paw missed her target. Still caught up in the competition, Royal had to bite his lip to keep from letting out a childish giggle, but the moment passed when she looked genuinely embarrassed by her slip up. He turned quickly, hoping that she hadn't seen that he had been watching, knowing it would save her a bit of embarrassment if she thought he hadn't caught her mistake. After a moment, he turned back to her, an innocent look on his face. "Hey, wanna learn a new technique?" He asked suddenly.

Crumbleless November 22nd, 2016 12:29 PM

A white ball of fluff slowly appeared in Starclan territory. Sheeppaw glanced round his yes filled with misery,"I can't be dead yet! I still have to Greenkit." He mewed looking for someone or something that he could talk to. The dead Windclan apprentice ,"Maybe now I see Blossomfern at least." The white tom looked around once more and to his prevail no cat was there still. Sheppaw sighed and continued to look.

Ag75 -- GONE November 22nd, 2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goose (Post 44646)
A white ball of fluff slowly appeared in Starclan territory. Sheeppaw glanced round his yes filled with misery,"I can't be dead yet! I still have to Greenkit." He mewed looking for someone or something that he could talk to. The dead Windclan apprentice ,"Maybe now I see Blossomfern at least." The white tom looked around once more and to his prevail no cat was there still. Sheppaw sighed and continued to look.

Treesight watched Rainkit speak with his mother. She glanced across the clearing, and saw Sheeppaw. She padded quietly to his side, so as not to disturb Rainkit. "Who are you?" She asked. "I'm Treesight."

Crumbleless November 22nd, 2016 07:28 PM

Sheeppaw stared at Treesight for a moment before mewing,"My name is Sheeppaw of Windclan. I'm looking for Blossomfern." He mewed as the Starclan she-cat padded closer," I died in the when saving Greenkit."

doghouse November 22nd, 2016 09:05 PM

(Open)
Redmoon blinked. She was crouched on the ground in a peaceful, starlit forest. Her red black and white fur seemed to have stars in it. She must be dreaming. Or was she? She wasn't sure. The ShadowClan molly looked around. The wounds on her throat were gone, and she suddenly remembered Redpool attacking her and killing her. She was dead! No! No, no! I can't be dead! Not yet! She was terrified. Her thoughts were racing. Surely it was all a dream? But something deep down told her this was real. She was dead. Her eyes watered slightly as she looked around. “H-hello?” the pretty tortoiseshell called out, hoping for a response.

Starfall November 22nd, 2016 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirited Darkness (Post 45246)
(Open)
Redmoon blinked. She was crouched on the ground in a peaceful, starlit forest. Her red black and white fur seemed to have stars in it. She must be dreaming. Or was she? She wasn't sure. The ShadowClan molly looked around. The wounds on her throat were gone, and she suddenly remembered Redpool attacking her and killing her. She was dead! No! No, no! I can't be dead! Not yet! She was terrified. Her thoughts were racing. Surely it was all a dream? But something deep down told her this was real. She was dead. Her eyes watered slightly as she looked around. “H-hello?” the pretty tortoiseshell called out, hoping for a response.

Cypressmoon flicked his ears and looked up, spotting a she cat the old tom picked himself up with a grunt and began to pad twords the she cat "hello, welcome to starclan, what might your name be?" He asked politely, his tail flicking back and fourth as he waited for a response Fromm the worried she cat.

doghouse November 22nd, 2016 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starfall (Post 45250)
Cypressmoon flicked his ears and looked up, spotting a she cat the old tom picked himself up with a grunt and began to pad twords the she cat "hello, welcome to starclan, what might your name be?" He asked politely, his tail flicking back and fourth as he waited for a response Fromm the worried she cat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharppaw (Xxwolfie) (Post 45255)
Dawntail, a she-cat, formerly of riverclan, herd the she cat crying. And walked over to see what happened, she noticed it was a new starclan member.
"Hello I'm dawntail... is something wrong?" The she cat was familiar to dawntail somehow.

Redmoon turned. “I'm Redmoon. You are?” the tortoiseshell molly replied, then looked over at the other cat. “Something's always wrong.” she muttered, closing her eyes and remembering the look of menace in Redpool's eyes as he'd killed her. “It's nice to meet you both. And yes. My own Clanmate killed me....” she found it odd to say this, considering she was dead, and she'd never seen a dead cat speak. It felt even weirder to be dead, yet feel so alive.

Starfall November 22nd, 2016 09:30 PM

@Spirited Darkness
Cypressmoons golden eyes wavered with sadness as he let out a chuckle "yeah,my former apprentice killed me."he said, sadness dripped from the words and dispare laced them. The old tom shook his head and put a smile back on his maw "weird isn't it? Being dead and all,but you'll get used to it eventually."he sighed out as he sat himself down with a grunt.

doghouse November 22nd, 2016 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starfall (Post 45273)
@Spirited Darkness
Cypressmoons golden eyes wavered with sadness as he let out a chuckle "yeah,my former apprentice killed me."he said, sadness dripped from the words and dispare laced them. The old tom shook his head and put a smile back on his maw "weird isn't it? Being dead and all,but you'll get used to it eventually."he sighed out as he sat himself down with a grunt.

“Oh. Does your Clan know you're dead?” she asked, since, to the best of her knowledge, ShadowClan was completely unaware of her death. If Pinestorm goes looking for me, maybe he'll find out. Redmoon thought, sitting down as well, though her whole body was trembling from shock at what had been happening. She looked at the much older tom, fairly certain he wasn't ShadowClan. She'd never seen him, and he looked a bit more like a WindClan cat than a ShadowClan cat.

Starfall November 23rd, 2016 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirited Darkness (Post 45279)

“Oh. Does your Clan know you're dead?” she asked, since, to the best of her knowledge, ShadowClan was completely unaware of her death. If Pinestorm goes looking for me, maybe he'll find out. Redmoon thought, sitting down as well, though her whole body was trembling from shock at what had been happening. She looked at the much older tom, fairly certain he wasn't ShadowClan. She'd never seen him, and he looked a bit more like a WindClan cat than a ShadowClan cat.

Cypressmoon blinked at the she cat then shrugged "probably not, my body's probably burning in the fire right about now so she could cover up her pawprints." He said, sadness laced his words. The tom looked down, untold emotions danced within his golden orbs, his breathing almost halted for a few minutes. Then spontaneously, all of the depressing emotions passed, and were replaced with positive emotions "how about you?" He questioned "Wanna tell me your story? Then I'll tell you mine." He proposed, wrapping his tail neatly around his paws.

doghouse November 23rd, 2016 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starfall (Post 45500)
Cypressmoon blinked at the she cat then shrugged "probably not, my body's probably burning in the fire right about now so she could cover up her pawprints." He said, sadness laced his words. The tom looked down, untold emotions danced within his golden orbs, his breathing almost halted for a few minutes. Then spontaneously, all of the depressing emotions passed, and were replaced with positive emotions "how about you?" He questioned "Wanna tell me your story? Then I'll tell you mine." He proposed, wrapping his tail neatly around his paws.

Redmoon tilted her head in confusion. “My story? What do you mean?” she asked, puzzled. She looked down at her paws, still uncertain of what the tom meant by that. She sighed quietly, almost inaudibly and tucked her paws under her chest comfortably and looked around with wonder. She figured that staying here until she was completely forgotten by all the living and were to fade away didn't seem like a bed thing. She'd find a way to enjoy it. Somehow.

sNazzy November 27th, 2016 11:40 AM

(I really cant let Rainkit be llike this forever. Also, @Rabbitpaw) Rainkit noticed that Olivestone wasn't moving. "Hello? Can you hear me?" He called. He then noticed that Olivestone was awake. "Oh," He sighed in dissapointment. "She cant hear me." The grey kit slumped over to Treesight. "She's awake." He lifted his head and noticed Sheeppaw. "Who are you?" Rainkit asked dully.

Hexict November 28th, 2016 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero to Hero (Post 37275)
Royalwatcher watched Mist's face closely as she turned and saw his most recent catch, sombering up a bit when she seems a bit... afraid? ... or was it disappointed? - he actually struggled to read her for the first time ever. However, after a moment she seemed to almost look like she accepted the fact that she was loosing, and for a second he thought she was going to give up, especially when she didn't move for a minute or two. He realized, though, that she hadn't and had just been deep in thought when she turned back toward the river. The tom was still a bit disappointed, however, that he hadn't gotten the reaction he had been looking for in response to his catch and slowly lowered it to the ground beside his other tiny fish. He looked up just in time to see her become still as she awaited her next target, and decided to stop for a moment and watch her. He noticed almost instantly that she hadn't been focused enough, and his realization was confirmed when her paw missed her target. Still caught up in the competition, Royal had to bite his lip to keep from letting out a childish giggle, but the moment passed when she looked genuinely embarrassed by her slip up. He turned quickly, hoping that she hadn't seen that he had been watching, knowing it would save her a bit of embarrassment if she thought he hadn't caught her mistake. After a moment, he turned back to her, an innocent look on his face. "Hey, wanna learn a new technique?" He asked suddenly.

Though she hadn't seen how her own reaction to Royalwatcher's catch had dampened his spirits, if she had, than she would've felt honestly felt bad for it. She hadn't looked up to see if her dead mentor had been watching her, but she felt his gaze on her as she messed up her attempt for a catch. The fact that he had seen only made her embarrassment worse, making her pelt heat up to an almost unbearable degree. I should be more focused! Mistpaw shook out her silvery head and narrowed her pale orbs at the water. Not a heartbeat later she realized that she was acting inappropriately. She closed her orbs took a deep breath and sighed, trying to calm down and relax a bit. Royalwatcher wanted to do this little hunt to cheer me up, not upset me - it's unfair to act this way when he's trying hard to life the spirits, Mistpaw took anther breath but stopped once the golden tabby suddenly broke the silence and offered to teach her a new technique. She pondered on this for juts a few moments before giving him a curt nod. "Okay," she gave him a small smile, a show that she was fine now and wanted to continue.

Ag75 -- GONE November 28th, 2016 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by man132435 (Post 53091)
(I really cant let Rainkit be llike this forever. Also, @Rabbitpaw) Rainkit noticed that Olivestone wasn't moving. "Hello? Can you hear me?" He called. He then noticed that Olivestone was awake. "Oh," He sighed in dissapointment. "She cant hear me." The grey kit slumped over to Treesight. "She's awake." He lifted his head and noticed Sheeppaw. "Who are you?" Rainkit asked dully.

(Sheep hasn't responded) "Oh, what a shame," she told him, pity showing in her eyes. "I'm sure we can come back later when she's asleep," she mewed. She then looked at Sheeppaw, and mewed, "I'm not sure who this critter is yet. He/she looks a lot like you did when you first came. Alone, and well, scared. Why don't you introduce yourself?"

sNazzy November 28th, 2016 04:02 PM

(Dont say he/she, just say they) "Okay." he said, cheered up that they were going back later. "I'm Rainkit. I died at birth, but Starclan has shown me lot of things. Its okay if you want to cry. Me and Treesight are here for you." he said comfortably.

Zero December 1st, 2016 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexict (Post 54416)
Though she hadn't seen how her own reaction to Royalwatcher's catch had dampened his spirits, if she had, than she would've felt honestly felt bad for it. She hadn't looked up to see if her dead mentor had been watching her, but she felt his gaze on her as she messed up her attempt for a catch. The fact that he had seen only made her embarrassment worse, making her pelt heat up to an almost unbearable degree. I should be more focused! Mistpaw shook out her silvery head and narrowed her pale orbs at the water. Not a heartbeat later she realized that she was acting inappropriately. She closed her orbs took a deep breath and sighed, trying to calm down and relax a bit. Royalwatcher wanted to do this little hunt to cheer me up, not upset me - it's unfair to act this way when he's trying hard to life the spirits, Mistpaw took anther breath but stopped once the golden tabby suddenly broke the silence and offered to teach her a new technique. She pondered on this for juts a few moments before giving him a curt nod. "Okay," she gave him a small smile, a show that she was fine now and wanted to continue.

Royalwatcher casted out a relieved smile after having held his breath waiting for her response, shuffling back over to her side. "Now, I'm unsure if this would work outside of StarClan because I'm sure the river isn't as full of fish there..." He started, watching her before he continued. "But, it's pretty fun. It's a one shot thing because it kind of scares the fish away, but again... it's fun." He returned to his spot a few fox-lengths away, not wanting to splash her on accident. The warrior then went into a slightly adjusted hunting crouch and stared at the water like before. However, when he saw a fish he wanted, instead of scooping it out with a paw, he dove head-first into the water after it. The clear surface rippled and splashed in response to this, and many of the fish scattered in a panic. However, the StarClan tom resurfaced seconds later with a large fish flapping away in his jaws. He tossed it up onto the shore and climbed up after it, killing it with a swift bite. Then, he looked at Mist and grinned, his pelt dripping because he refused to shake the water away and rudely soak his apprentice with the spray.

Hexict December 2nd, 2016 08:34 AM

Mist blinked as the tom released a smile and moved closer towards her. She perked up her ears and listened closely to what the starry tom had to show her. He went on to explain that he was unsure it's usefulness in the waking world due to the fact that Starclan's river was filled with the shiny prey, where Riverclan's river was less wealthy. Her lifted her brow when he stated that it was one-shot because it had a tendency to frighten the other fish around. She was tempted to ask why it was used than, but he added that it was fun. Plus, she didn't want to question his mentoring - he was doing her a favor, and she was grateful to him.

Her pale gaze followed him as he retreated in order to show her his technique. She kept one orb on him and the other searching the rippling stream in order to see which fish he was going to go after. All her attention snapped back to him once he seemed to have a target already. Through the waves of fish she was unable to tell which he was going after. She leaned a little closer to Royalwatcher, wondering what he was about to attempt.

She was taken aback when he suddenly dove in head first without any warning of sorts. Due to her leaning forward, the splash got very close to her - only enough to sprinkle her with little droplets though. she stunned into silence as she watched him blankly going after the fish in the water. Mist's periwinkle gaze blinked a few times as the golden tabby re-appeared - and was surprising holding a large fish in his jaws. She took note in how panicked he had made the fish, causing them to scatter and try to avoid the surprise cat in their waters.

For a moment, she was lost of words. the silvery and grey molly than shook her head and bounded towards him. "Wow, that was... different," her voice did have a bit of an excited tone along with awe at his daring catch. She eyed the large fish and smiled at Royalwatcher. "That's a very impressive catch, it was great," she purred a bit as she stated this, still watching the fresh-kill. "And I think you're right - that won't work in Riverclan."

Fawn December 3rd, 2016 05:55 PM

@Lunacross

The lack of contact with StarClan as demanded by the circumstances had been draining for Bravestep, and something foreign to him pressed at the urge to visit regardless of the potential risk or consequences that may result from such an action. He'd tried to dream for so long but the starry ancestors simply hadn't talked to him, at least not until now.

Waking up in the familiar territory of StarClan sent a thrill throughout his body, leaving him weightless and refreshed, almost as if he was young again without the burden of time clinging to his physical being. Around him danced the glittering of stars reflected on grass and endless, lush fields; it was as if the real forest had combined to generate one suitable for cats of all Clans. "Pardon me, but might I have the pleasure to speak with someone..?" Bravestep called with a pinch of hesitance, blinking as he surveyed the clearing in hopes of finding who had summoned him.

BEAR. December 3rd, 2016 06:05 PM

@Raywood

From the edges of the clearing limped the form of a golden tom, his blazing gaze set on the tabby form of the ShadowClan Medicine Cat as he crossed through the grasses. It'd been some time since he last made an appearance, and the lack of communication wasn't his fault. The other council members clung to the ideals of letting the course run free. He didn't. "Apprentice." Thunderhowl coarsely greeted, not out of disrespect but habit.

"I'm not here for pleasantries, as much as I'd love to catch up." He wouldn't. That was beside the point. "You have a duty to attend to, if you're willing to accept it. Just know, if you do accept - you will die. What you're requested of will anger two dangerous cats, and they will feed you to hounds."