Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   SkyClan (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59)

Fawn October 3rd, 2016 11:47 PM

SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Brooklyn Trees November 20th, 2016 08:33 PM

Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Ebonypaw entered the medicine den slowly, looking around the unfamiliar walls of the den. It was a bit... Different than any of the others dens that she had been in before, but then again that had really mainly been the nursery and apprentices dens. This one, the medicine den, was different than those though, largely, she thought, because of the scent. The scent was unusual and she had never scented anything such as the smell of herbs that was inside this den.

The she-cat sat uncertainly in the entrance to the den and looked from one side of the den to another with curiosity and slight foreboding. She didn't really know what exactly she was doing... Well, more of she didn't know at all what she was doing. The dark-furred she-cat looked slowly around the den again and then stood. She had discovered which direction the scent of whatever it was was coming from and padded towards it, the scent becoming stronger until she came to a stop by the herb store. To her, it was just a bunch of dry leaves and why anybody would want dry leaves in their den was beyond her comprehension. The she-cat tilted her head slightly to the side as she looked down at the bits of plant in their piles and wondered why exactly they were here. She wondered for a moment if the previous Medicine Cat had collected leaves and twigs and funny black dots and flowers. The black and white tuxedo cat stood there with her head partially to the side and looked with a confused air at the herbs, her long, dark tail sweeping the den floor behind her.

BEAR. November 23rd, 2016 01:17 PM

@Brooklyn Trees

Aconiteheart couldn't remember the last time he stepped in the realm of the living. Generations stood between him and his last visit, and since then he wasn't needed. Something about medicine cats actually having mentors -- what absurdity!

Materializing in the heart of the once-empty den, the spectral figure of the spotted tabby gazed around the familiar setting. An age of younger cats could not change what was his second den, and he found himself drifting towards the herb storage.

Stormlight's abrupt departure left the supply intact, if not a little dusty, and there was relief in the knowledge the cache of herbs wasn't destroyed or damaged by rambunctious kits. Noticing the perplexed form of Ebonypaw, Aconiteheart glanced at the apprentice. "Quite a sight, isn't it?"

Brooklyn Trees November 24th, 2016 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunacross (Post 46060)
@Brooklyn Trees

Aconiteheart couldn't remember the last time he stepped in the realm of the living. Generations stood between him and his last visit, and since then he wasn't needed. Something about medicine cats actually having mentors -- what absurdity!

Materializing in the heart of the once-empty den, the spectral figure of the spotted tabby gazed around the familiar setting. An age of younger cats could not change what was his second den, and he found himself drifting towards the herb storage.

Stormlight's abrupt departure left the supply intact, if not a little dusty, and there was relief in the knowledge the cache of herbs wasn't destroyed or damaged by rambunctious kits. Noticing the perplexed form of Ebonypaw, Aconiteheart glanced at the apprentice. "Quite a sight, isn't it?"

Ebonypaw started at the suddenness of the unfamiliar voice from behind her. She has not realized that anybody else was in the den with her, having not originally seen anyone other than herself here and not having heard the arrival of this other cat. Her claws slid from her paws and into the earth without her consent as she started and then refused to be sheathed, though in all honesty she was not trying very hard to sheath them again.

The black and white furred she-cat swept her tail slowly along the ground before turning to look at the speaker of the cat who had slipped in like a ghost. She didn't realize that her thoughts were actually the truth of this tom, that he had slipped like a ghost, because he was. She didn't realize this fact about him though, just honking that this was some cat who was just far more advanced in stalking prey than she had ever been in the short time of her warrior training and that this had caused him to be very light-footed.
"What?" She mewed, not sure if she was trying to sound intimidating or curious and really succeeding in neither tone of voice. Ebonypaw flicked an ear at the fact that her mew had sounded in neither way that she had intended, blue eyes slowly traveling over the stranger's flank, more out of habit than actual necessity as her wandering eyes never gave her any real information about the cat that she was looking at.

BEAR. November 24th, 2016 09:54 PM

@Brooklyn Trees

"Quite a sight, isn't it?" Aconiteheart repeated himself with ease, amusement lacing his words as he gazed at the variety of dried leaves, petals, stalks, and tubers. "The herbs. Warriors seem to think their prey and fighting is 'the stuff', but let's be real, plants is where it's at."

His tail twitched, and he took a seat near the entrance of the storage. "I'm sorry, it was awfully rude for me to not introduce myself first. I'm Aconiteheart; one of the first medicine cats of SkyClan. Before you ask; yes, I am dead. I have been dead for - what may now be eons. I don't know." A distant look crossed his gaze; attempting to recall the last days of his life with no avail. He survived past the fire that brought DuskClan and DawnClan together to create SkyClan, could remember the breathing difficulties that followed, but specifics were a blur.

"As you're already aware, you have been selected to be SkyClan's next medicine cat, and because Stormlight is no longer available to pass on his knowledge, I'll be your guide. Do you have any questions?"

Brooklyn Trees November 27th, 2016 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunacross (Post 49069)
@Brooklyn Trees

"Quite a sight, isn't it?" Aconiteheart repeated himself with ease, amusement lacing his words as he gazed at the variety of dried leaves, petals, stalks, and tubers. "The herbs. Warriors seem to think their prey and fighting is 'the stuff', but let's be real, plants is where it's at."

His tail twitched, and he took a seat near the entrance of the storage. "I'm sorry, it was awfully rude for me to not introduce myself first. I'm Aconiteheart; one of the first medicine cats of SkyClan. Before you ask; yes, I am dead. I have been dead for - what may now be eons. I don't know." A distant look crossed his gaze; attempting to recall the last days of his life with no avail. He survived past the fire that brought DuskClan and DawnClan together to create SkyClan, could remember the breathing difficulties that followed, but specifics were a blur.

"As you're already aware, you have been selected to be SkyClan's next medicine cat, and because Stormlight is no longer available to pass on his knowledge, I'll be your guide. Do you have any questions?"

(Sorry for the late reply)

Ebonypaw felt her eyes widen slightly, and then forced them to go back to their general size, not wanting to look surprised by this, though she was. This cat was dead. And he was talking to her. How was he talking to her? She thought that only medicine cats had a good enough connection to Starclan to talk to... Oh, wait. She flicked her ear in slight annoyance at the fact that she had forgotten that she was a medicine cat... It still seemed very surreal to the she-cat, even if she was exploring the den and talking to a cat who was dead.

She remained in her standing position, tail sweeping the ground behind her in long strokes as she listened to this tom- Aconiteheart. That was what he had said his name was, right? Who wouldn't have questions? she asked herself in her thoughts, flicking an ear at this, though deciding on one of her questions, she ended up with,
"Guide?" She asked, repositioning one of her front paws and waiting for an answer from this eon-old dead medicine cat. She was still wary of the fact that he had just kind of appeared here, but it was less... Well, less odd would not be the right kind of thing to describe it, but it was less strange how he had appeared suddenly and soundlessly.

BEAR. November 28th, 2016 04:05 PM

@Brooklyn Trees

Contrary to Ebonypaw's belief, it wasn't just medicine cats that StarClan could visit. Even those that held little faith could be approached by the spirits, albeit it was unusual.

Idly waiting for the new apprentice's inquiries, Aconiteheart's gaze wandered from the herbs and the female to take in his surroundings. To him, his second den was a reminder of mistakes cemented in blood and tears. How vengeful the stars could be when the clans weren't in their favor.

"Yes, guide. You'll need a mentor to teach you how to heal - it's not like you can learn everything on your own. Experimentation is an option but at the end of the day, you'll just waste supplies and risk lives. Which is a no-go, especially in Leafbare when herbs are low. Anything else, or would you like to get started? I figure today we can focus on the basics."

Brooklyn Trees November 30th, 2016 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunacross (Post 54829)
@Brooklyn Trees

Contrary to Ebonypaw's belief, it wasn't just medicine cats that StarClan could visit. Even those that held little faith could be approached by the spirits, albeit it was unusual.

Idly waiting for the new apprentice's inquiries, Aconiteheart's gaze wandered from the herbs and the female to take in his surroundings. To him, his second den was a reminder of mistakes cemented in blood and tears. How vengeful the stars could be when the clans weren't in their favor.

"Yes, guide. You'll need a mentor to teach you how to heal - it's not like you can learn everything on your own. Experimentation is an option but at the end of the day, you'll just waste supplies and risk lives. Which is a no-go, especially in Leafbare when herbs are low. Anything else, or would you like to get started? I figure today we can focus on the basics."

(Sorry for the late reply. I didn't see the post.)

Ebonypaw flicked her ear lightly again and looked the tabby up and down. That was fast. She didn't want to sound like she had too many questions. She wasn't a naturally curious feline, and so she nodded.
"Okay." She mewed, though it occurred to her too late that that single word may not make sense in the context of what was happening.

The dark furred she-cat swept her tail along the ground again. This action was common with the young feline, to have her tail constantly sweeping the ground. She wasn't quite sure where she adopted this trait from, or when it had begun, she just kind of did it. The she-cat looked at the tom, trying to find some sign that what she had said had made sense, even if she knew that even if it had she would never be able to tell, as she had never been able to with anyone.

BEAR. December 2nd, 2016 11:19 AM

@Brooklyn Trees

With the confirmation she was ready to proceed, Aconiteheart rose to his paws and slipped past the darker feline. He stopped closer to the herbs, reaching to carefully remove samples from the herbs he considered basic. Namely: cobwebs, sticks, poppy seeds, and dock.

Setting the specimens in front of Ebonypaw, the spotted tabby prompted, "First, we'll start off with what you know. I have here four herbs. What you're going to do is try to identify them, and if possible tell me of their usage. Don't worry about the application of them; we'll go over that shortly."

By starting off with her involvement, he hoped to ease her into the thought process of a healer. She seemed a little out of it.

Brooklyn Trees December 2nd, 2016 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunacross (Post 60253)
@Brooklyn Trees

With the confirmation she was ready to proceed, Aconiteheart rose to his paws and slipped past the darker feline. He stopped closer to the herbs, reaching to carefully remove samples from the herbs he considered basic. Namely: cobwebs, sticks, poppy seeds, and dock.

Setting the specimens in front of Ebonypaw, the spotted tabby prompted, "First, we'll start off with what you know. I have here four herbs. What you're going to do is try to identify them, and if possible tell me of their usage. Don't worry about the application of them; we'll go over that shortly."

By starting off with her involvement, he hoped to ease her into the thought process of a healer. She seemed a little out of it.

Ebonypaw
turned to watch the tom remove the objects from the herb store, turning back around as he set the four things down between their paws.
The tuxedo cat looked up at Aconiteheart as he began to speak again, slowly lowing herself down into a sitting position, her eyes still on the ancient feline. she curled her dark tail tightly around her paws once she was seated, still watching him. She was still wary of this cat, but looked away from him down at the four things.
She
looked closely at the plants, but that was all that they looked like in her eyes. Well, actually, that wasn't true. Only one of them looked like a plant. there were also sticks, a white... thing that she couldn't identify and some weird black dots. She looked up at Aconiteheart again for a moment before returning her gaze to the strange things.
"That's a stick." She mewed, pawing softly at a stick, since it was the only thing that she could actually identify, but why you would need a stick was beyond her. She looked up at Aconiteheart again, since she had never seen or heard of any of the other things.
"I
don't know any of the others." She added, flicking an ear in slight anger at her own ignorance, though she really didn't have a reason to have known any of these things as a warrior apprentice.

BEAR. December 2nd, 2016 03:41 PM

@Brooklyn Trees

"Correct," he praised. It was disappointing she didn't recognize cobwebs as well. It was almost as common as sticks. "The leaf is dock, the white webbing is cobwebs, and the seeds are poppy." Ebonypaw hadn't provided any indication she had an inkling for their use, so he continued. "Sticks have two primary uses: they can be used to set broken limbs, and they can be given to a queen during kitting to alleviate pain. Poppy seeds are another painkiller, but they can not be given to a queen. Especially during kitting. One of the attributes of poppy seeds is that they cause cats to fall asleep, and if a queen fell asleep while in labor .. it risks both their life and the kits."

Awaiting a moment to let that sink in, he went on. "Cobwebs are fairly simple. They're primarily used to stop bleeding, and can be used as a binding for poultices and sticks. Depending on the severity of the wound, they can be soaked through -- so just be ready to add more."

"Now dock can be used to make a slippery substance, and if a cat's caught in a trap, that can be rubbed on their pelt to release them. It's also useful for bellyaches and scratches -- it's not an antibiotic like marigold but it serves to soothe them." Taking a break from speaking, the spirit glanced from the medicinal objects to the apprentice. "Did you get all that?"

Brooklyn Trees December 2nd, 2016 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunacross (Post 60560)
@Brooklyn Trees

"Correct," he praised. It was disappointing she didn't recognize cobwebs as well. It was almost as common as sticks. "The leaf is dock, the white webbing is cobwebs, and the seeds are poppy." Ebonypaw hadn't provided any indication she had an inkling for their use, so he continued. "Sticks have two primary uses: they can be used to set broken limbs, and they can be given to a queen during kitting to alleviate pain. Poppy seeds are another painkiller, but they can not be given to a queen. Especially during kitting. One of the attributes of poppy seeds is that they cause cats to fall asleep, and if a queen fell asleep while in labor .. it risks both their life and the kits."

Awaiting a moment to let that sink in, he went on. "Cobwebs are fairly simple. They're primarily used to stop bleeding, and can be used as a binding for poultices and sticks. Depending on the severity of the wound, they can be soaked through -- so just be ready to add more."

"Now dock can be used to make a slippery substance, and if a cat's caught in a trap, that can be rubbed on their pelt to release them. It's also useful for bellyaches and scratches -- it's not an antibiotic like marigold but it serves to soothe them." Taking a break from speaking, the spirit glanced from the medicinal objects to the apprentice. "Did you get all that?"

Ebonypaw's eyes widened as Aconiteheart began to speak before she forced them to go back to their general position. She could end up killing cats if she wasn't careful, something that she wasn't too excited about actually. The she-cat looked at them carefully as he spoke, trying to create a general list in her mind of what the tom was saying, and continued to do so, repeating his words in her mind as he asked if she had gotten all of that.

The she-cat looked up at the tom and nodded.
"Yes. I think." She mewed, and then asked a question that had entered her mind as he spoke. A word that she had not heard before.
"What's marigold?" She figured that they would get to it later, but she was curious about what this plant could do, and also to figure out what an antibiotic was.

She went back to carefully dragging her eyes over the four plants on the floor. She had a good memory if she was trying to remember things, she was just afraid that she would forget one of the important things, like 'do not give a poppy seed to a queen who is kitting', and also to try to remember what each looked like individually.

BEAR. December 2nd, 2016 11:34 PM

@Brooklyn Trees

Accidentally killing a cat was always a concern, but experience went a long ways, and given time he was certain Ebonypaw would become more comfortable with the idea of her clan-mates lives being in her paws.

"Marigold is a low-grown flower; normally yellow, but you can see it in orange. It's used to stop infections - hence why I referred to it as an antibiotic, but it can also be used for stopping bleeding and treating the inflammation of stiff joints. I would use cobwebs over it for bleeding however; it's more common and does the job just as well! To apply it -- you normally chew it up and spit the juices onto the injury. You can also use it in a poultice, which is a herbal mixture bound to a wound."

"Ah.. oh, yes! Cobwebs are just pressed directly to the wound. Poppy seeds are given orally - that is, they eat it, and dock can be as well if you're using it for bellyaches. You can also chew dock and spit the juices on the scratches that're being bothersome. The juices are also the substance you can rub on pelts to help them escape. You'll come to learn many of these are the same procedure."

"I hope I'm not going too fast..? I know I can ramble off, and I'm not entirely organized, so if there's something that's not making sense, please let me know." It was just - nice to be able to talk to someone again. Shatteredstar didn't exactly provide the best company.

Brooklyn Trees December 24th, 2016 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunacross (Post 61463)
@Brooklyn Trees

Accidentally killing a cat was always a concern, but experience went a long ways, and given time he was certain Ebonypaw would become more comfortable with the idea of her clan-mates lives being in her paws.

"Marigold is a low-grown flower; normally yellow, but you can see it in orange. It's used to stop infections - hence why I referred to it as an antibiotic, but it can also be used for stopping bleeding and treating the inflammation of stiff joints. I would use cobwebs over it for bleeding however; it's more common and does the job just as well! To apply it -- you normally chew it up and spit the juices onto the injury. You can also use it in a poultice, which is a herbal mixture bound to a wound."

"Ah.. oh, yes! Cobwebs are just pressed directly to the wound. Poppy seeds are given orally - that is, they eat it, and dock can be as well if you're using it for bellyaches. You can also chew dock and spit the juices on the scratches that're being bothersome. The juices are also the substance you can rub on pelts to help them escape. You'll come to learn many of these are the same procedure."

"I hope I'm not going too fast..? I know I can ramble off, and I'm not entirely organized, so if there's something that's not making sense, please let me know." It was just - nice to be able to talk to someone again. Shatteredstar didn't exactly provide the best company.

Ebonypaw flicked her ear. She was trying to sort through the new information as quickly as possible and though he was going quite fast she was paying close attention. Not that it wasn't difficult of course, but she had at least retained the information of what those herbs were called, mostly what they were used for and at least a bit of how to apply them. Even with what she had retained from it she probably wouldn't admit if she didn't understand something anyways, she wasnt sure how that would play out but admitting deficiency had never been something that she was particularly good at.

Then again, if she didn't admit her confusion when she came across it then that could result in... Very bad things. She wouldn't doubt her common sense, like the fact that it was probably not a good idea to have somebody eat cobwebs, about those things if it came to that, though her common sense wasn't always very reliable. Actually maybe you were supposed to feed cobwebs to somebody for a specific reason or another? She tried to push away her earlier thought of 'you shouldn't do that' so that it wouldn't counteract her ideas of how she was supposed to do things if she was told otherwise later on.

"I'll let you know." She mewed, not sure if she would keep this half-promise of hers when it actually came to it. She didn't want to put anybody's life on the line but she also didn't want to admit that she could be wrong about something. She decided to push her thoughts away and go over it again if it came to it so that she could spend more time committing the facts that she had just been given to memory. She knew that she had no difficulty remembering things if she was trying to but she didn't want to take any chances for a first time forgetting.

(Sorry if some of my sentences don't make much sense it's a bit late here and for some reason I'm not able to properly construct sentences when I'm tired, which is how one of my essays ended up with 'the symbolization of the symbols symbolizing' one night... I'm going to stop rambling now and just post this XD)

Empress Of Evil January 13th, 2017 09:12 AM

@Brooklyn Trees @Nighty
Auroraflame heaved herself into the Medicine Cat Den, the pungent smell of herbs immediately hit her nose. Not being used to the smell, she wrinkled her nose. On her back, lay an unconcious Cliffheart. She had put him on her back when he fell unconcious. The tom wasn't what she could call 'light as a feather', but he wasn't fat, he was pretty normal. It was quite hard having to walk back with an unconcious cat, for though they wouldn't feel the pain in it, she was scared she might drop him and damage his leg further. "Ebonypaw!", Auroraflame called, her icy blues hues searched the den for the Medicine Cat. It didn't take long for the deputy to find the she cat. "Cliffheart was hunting with me when something happened and he injured his injured leg to the point where he fell unconcious", Auroraflame explained. Now, Auroraflame was quite calm, she wasn't too worried but she did have some concern for the tom. She trusted that Ebonypaw would take care of him well. Having Cliffheart limp on her back made her leg become rather tired, so she spotted a nest and lay him down in it carefully, trying not to hurt the tom.

Brooklyn Trees January 13th, 2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil (Post 127580)
@Brooklyn Trees @Nighty
Auroraflame heaved herself into the Medicine Cat Den, the pungent smell of herbs immediately hit her nose. Not being used to the smell, she wrinkled her nose. On her back, lay an unconcious Cliffheart. She had put him on her back when he fell unconcious. The tom wasn't what she could call 'light as a feather', but he wasn't fat, he was pretty normal. It was quite hard having to walk back with an unconcious cat, for though they wouldn't feel the pain in it, she was scared she might drop him and damage his leg further. "Ebonypaw!", Auroraflame called, her icy blues hues searched the den for the Medicine Cat. It didn't take long for the deputy to find the she cat. "Cliffheart was hunting with me when something happened and he injured his injured leg to the point where he fell unconcious", Auroraflame explained. Now, Auroraflame was quite calm, she wasn't too worried but she did have some concern for the tom. She trusted that Ebonypaw would take care of him well. Having Cliffheart limp on her back made her leg become rather tired, so she spotted a nest and lay him down in it carefully, trying not to hurt the tom.

Ebonypaw pricked her ears at the sudden calling of her name. The tuxedo she-cat was still having difficulty distinguishing the scent of cats over the scent of the many different plants that lay inside the herb store.
The dark she-cat turned around from where she had been silently going through the things that the ancient Starclan tom Aconiteheart had taught her in the sleep-training of the previous night to be sure that she remembered everything that they had gone through. Ebonypaw was surprised to see Auroraflame, the she-cat that she had once spoken to in the territory, standing with an unconscious tom draped across her back.
She followed the older she-cat as she padded across the den and watched the tom being lowered into the moss nest before padding up to the other side of the unconscious tom.
Being unsure as to what exactly was wrong with his leg she remembered back to the night before when she was taught of a few injuries. Carefully, she tested for the still limited amount of leg injuries that she knew of. There could be thousands out there that she was still unaware about.
"Ruptured ligament." She mewed, glancing up at the Skyclan deputy for a moment. She was pretty sure it was a ruptured ligament anyways. She went through a mental recap of what she was supposed to get for a ruptured ligament and then padded over to the herb store again, crouching down next to it and pawing softly at the leaves and flowers trying to find what she was looking for.

goddess of ducks January 13th, 2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil (Post 127580)
@Brooklyn Trees @Nighty

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Trees (Post 127682)
Ebonypaw pricked her ears at the sudden calling of her name. The tuxedo she-cat was still having difficulty distinguishing the scent of cats over the scent of the many different plants that lay inside the herb store.
The dark she-cat turned around from where she had been silently going through the things that the ancient Starclan tom Aconiteheart had taught her in the sleep-training of the previous night to be sure that she remembered everything that they had gone through. Ebonypaw was surprised to see Auroraflame, the she-cat that she had once spoken to in the territory, standing with an unconscious tom draped across her back.
She followed the older she-cat as she padded across the den and watched the tom being lowered into the moss nest before padding up to the other side of the unconscious tom.
Being unsure as to what exactly was wrong with his leg she remembered back to the night before when she was taught of a few injuries. Carefully, she tested for the still limited amount of leg injuries that she knew of. There could be thousands out there that she was still unaware about.
"Ruptured ligament." She mewed, glancing up at the Skyclan deputy for a moment. She was pretty sure it was a ruptured ligament anyways. She went through a mental recap of what she was supposed to get for a ruptured ligament and then padded over to the herb store again, crouching down next to it and pawing softly at the leaves and flowers trying to find what she was looking for.

Cliffheart's dust tinted body hit the nest where Auroraflame had dropped him off. His frame landed with a small thud. It wasn't much, nor nothing to do damage, but is was enough to shake away the darkness that had rendered him unconscious. He blinked his pastel green eyes a few times, making sure he was sure of what he was seeing. He saw the slightly blurred form of Auroraflame nearby, but something was different. The last thing the tom remembered was him in the territory, loosing the rabbit in the chase. At that moment he realized the throbbing pain, less now than it had been earlier, yet still sore. As he became more aware of his surroundings, the strong pungent scent of herbs wafted across his nose. He lifted his head warily gazing around, catching a glimpse of Ebonypaw's black fur in the shadows as she sorted through her herbs. "Auroraflame?" he asked weakly turning his head towards the deputy. "What exactly happened out there?" He asked. He knew there was pain in his twisted leg, but he didn't have much memory on the subject, nor did he know why his leg had the pain like it did.

Brooklyn Trees January 13th, 2017 08:02 PM

[QUOTE=Nighty;127744]
Cliffheart's dust tinted body hit the nest where Auroraflame had dropped him off. His frame landed with a small thud. It wasn't much, nor nothing to do damage, but is was enough to shake away the darkness that had rendered him unconscious. He blinked his pastel green eyes a few times, making sure he was sure of what he was seeing. He saw the slightly blurred form of Auroraflame nearby, but something was different. The last thing the tom remembered was him in the territory, loosing the rabbit in the chase. At that moment he realized the throbbing pain, less now than it had been earlier, yet still sore. As he became more aware of his surroundings, the strong pungent scent of herbs wafted across his nose. He lifted his head warily gazing around, catching a glimpse of Ebonypaw's black fur in the shadows as she sorted through her herbs. "Auroraflame?" he asked weakly turning his head towards the deputy. "What exactly happened out there?" He asked. He knew there was pain in his twisted leg, but he didn't have much memory on the subject, nor did he know why his leg had the pain like it did.
[/QUOTE

Ebonypaw continued to paw around her store until she had found the objects that she had been looking for. The nine moon old she-cat began to drag a vine and a few sticks towards the tom, heading around towards the other side of the tom from where Auroraflame stood to access the Tom's twisted leg. She quietly prepared and attached the splint to Cliffheart's leg as she listened to the tom, who seemed to have woken up. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? She asked herself. She saw to that the splint was attached to the tom's leg and went in search of a poppy seed. Poppy seeds for pain. She thought to herself, drawing her pink tongue over the pads of one of her white paws before poking it softly at the small black seeds that lay in the leaf wrap that she had undone.

goddess of ducks January 14th, 2017 10:48 PM

[QUOTE=Brooklyn Trees;128520]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighty (Post 127744)
[/QUOTE

Ebonypaw continued to paw around her store until she had found the objects that she had been looking for. The nine moon old she-cat began to drag a vine and a few sticks towards the tom, heading around towards the other side of the tom from where Auroraflame stood to access the Tom's twisted leg. She quietly prepared and attached the splint to Cliffheart's leg as she listened to the tom, who seemed to have woken up. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? She asked herself. She saw to that the splint was attached to the tom's leg and went in search of a poppy seed. Poppy seeds for pain. She thought to herself, drawing her pink tongue over the pads of one of her white paws before poking it softly at the small black seeds that lay in the leaf wrap that she had undone.

Cliffharts gaze followed the apprentice as she shuffled around the den pulling out various items and herbs. He watched her, somewhat curiously. He had been slightly interested in healing and medicine as a kit, but quickly lost the passion as he trained to be a warrior, loving the exhilaration it brought him. He loved the freedom of being a warrior, and the freedom and training had wiped all thought of medicine cats. He had been in this cafe a few times, mostly when he was a kit and his leg was first checked over and it was confirmed that the twist would be permanent. Other than that, he had never spent much time in the den itself. He gazed around, his eyes trailing over the roof of the den, and along the back walls where the young medicine cat stored her herbs. He watched as she pulled a long tendrils towards him along with a stick. Rather confused, he cocked his Sandy colored head, wondering what she was about to do. Then as she moved towards his leg, reality struck him, and he knew it was most likely going to hurt when she tightened it. He felt a small sting of pain as she placed the sling around his injured leg, and bit back a cry of agony. He didn't need the medicine cat viewing him as a weak, insufficient cat as well.

Brooklyn Trees January 15th, 2017 12:23 PM

[QUOTE=Nighty;130830]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Trees (Post 128520)
Cliffharts gaze followed the apprentice as she shuffled around the den pulling out various items and herbs. He watched her, somewhat curiously. He had been slightly interested in healing and medicine as a kit, but quickly lost the passion as he trained to be a warrior, loving the exhilaration it brought him. He loved the freedom of being a warrior, and the freedom and training had wiped all thought of medicine cats. He had been in this cafe a few times, mostly when he was a kit and his leg was first checked over and it was confirmed that the twist would be permanent. Other than that, he had never spent much time in the den itself. He gazed around, his eyes trailing over the roof of the den, and along the back walls where the young medicine cat stored her herbs. He watched as she pulled a long tendrils towards him along with a stick. Rather confused, he cocked his Sandy colored head, wondering what she was about to do. Then as she moved towards his leg, reality struck him, and he knew it was most likely going to hurt when she tightened it. He felt a small sting of pain as she placed the sling around his injured leg, and bit back a cry of agony. He didn't need the medicine cat viewing him as a weak, insufficient cat as well.

Ebonypaw padded over, walking slightly lopsided as she tried not to crush the poppy seed that she had on her paw, walking up beside the deputy and extending her paw to him. The young feline had been silent until then, trying to draw as much from her memories as possible so that she didn't shmuck up with the splint. Now that the splint was on now though, she wasn't thinking as much. She had a good memory anyways, but still...
"Here, eat this. It's a poppy seed, it'll help with the pain." She mewed, leaving her paw extended for the tom to lap up the small black orb. She certainly wasn't very professional, but she was only nine moons old. As for brief speech, she thought he may want to know what he was eating, since she had no clue what the commonly known herbs were, having not been a warrior apprentice for much more than a moon, and speaking quickly since she wasn't really sure what she was supposed to do next or how else to explain a poppy seed. She swept her long black tail along the ground behind her as she often did.

(Is Cliffheart going to stay in the medicine den or in the warriors den now that he is going to have to have limited to no mobility?)

goddess of ducks January 15th, 2017 09:58 PM

[QUOTE=Brooklyn Trees;131764]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighty (Post 130830)

Ebonypaw padded over, walking slightly lopsided as she tried not to crush the poppy seed that she had on her paw, walking up beside the deputy and extending her paw to him. The young feline had been silent until then, trying to draw as much from her memories as possible so that she didn't shmuck up with the splint. Now that the splint was on now though, she wasn't thinking as much. She had a good memory anyways, but still...
"Here, eat this. It's a poppy seed, it'll help with the pain." She mewed, leaving her paw extended for the tom to lap up the small black orb. She certainly wasn't very professional, but she was only nine moons old. As for brief speech, she thought he may want to know what he was eating, since she had no clue what the commonly known herbs were, having not been a warrior apprentice for much more than a moon, and speaking quickly since she wasn't really sure what she was supposed to do next or how else to explain a poppy seed. She swept her long black tail along the ground behind her as she often did.

(Is Cliffheart going to stay in the medicine den or in the warriors den now that he is going to have to have limited to no mobility?)

[Umm, would you mind if he stayed in the medicine den? I'm not sure what you have planned for when the green cough epidemic arrives in the Clan, but I signed Cliff up for that too. Haha I'm so mean to my cats]
Cliffheart's leg was feeling better, the pressure was noticeably changing the amount of pain that his body let seep through. He grunted a little as he shifted when Ebonypaw moved around. He shifted into a more upright position now, rather than laying sprawled out on his side. He offered up an encouraging smile for Ebonypaw, hoping to give the young cat a vote of confidence, in case she needed it. Now that he was here, watching her deal with his leg and any others issues she had dealt with and would deal with in the future, he felt bad for her. He knew no apprentice, especially one who was training as a medicine cat should have to train without a mentor. Sure he knew that she had training from a Starclan cat, because they obviously wouldn't leave the Clan with a self taught medicine cat who did guess work. "Thank you Ebonypaw." He said as he stick out his rough tongue to lick the small seed. He didn't really remember his last experience with poppy seeds, but knew they weren't horrible. Much better than many of the other herbs, with their pungent smells and acrid tastes. He was thankful, that either the seed was too small to taste, or it had no taste at all. Either way he was happy for the fact that he wouldn't have to choke down the smelly herbs. "So, uhh, Ebonypaw?" He started off awkwardly. Although, now that he had begun his questions, he wasn't sure if he wanted the answers. "What's wrong with my leg? Wil I be able to walk again?" He asked, his voice laced over with worry that he tried desperately to suppress, although he failed quiet miserably at it.

Brooklyn Trees January 16th, 2017 12:54 AM

[QUOTE=Nighty;133019]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Trees (Post 131764)
[Umm, would you mind if he stayed in the medicine den? I'm not sure what you have planned for when the green cough epidemic arrives in the Clan, but I signed Cliff up for that too. Haha I'm so mean to my cats]
Cliffheart's leg was feeling better, the pressure was noticeably changing the amount of pain that his body let seep through. He grunted a little as he shifted when Ebonypaw moved around. He shifted into a more upright position now, rather than laying sprawled out on his side. He offered up an encouraging smile for Ebonypaw, hoping to give the young cat a vote of confidence, in case she needed it. Now that he was here, watching her deal with his leg and any others issues she had dealt with and would deal with in the future, he felt bad for her. He knew no apprentice, especially one who was training as a medicine cat should have to train without a mentor. Sure he knew that she had training from a Starclan cat, because they obviously wouldn't leave the Clan with a self taught medicine cat who did guess work. "Thank you Ebonypaw." He said as he stick out his rough tongue to lick the small seed. He didn't really remember his last experience with poppy seeds, but knew they weren't horrible. Much better than many of the other herbs, with their pungent smells and acrid tastes. He was thankful, that either the seed was too small to taste, or it had no taste at all. Either way he was happy for the fact that he wouldn't have to choke down the smelly herbs. "So, uhh, Ebonypaw?" He started off awkwardly. Although, now that he had begun his questions, he wasn't sure if he wanted the answers. "What's wrong with my leg? Wil I be able to walk again?" He asked, his voice laced over with worry that he tried desperately to suppress, although he failed quiet miserably at it.

(I don't mind =^^= And aren't we all mean to our cats in one way or another? I am, especially Bugpaw and Gingerwish for some reason.)
(Wait, epidemic? When is this supposed to happen?)

Ebonypaw returned her paw to the floor after he had consumed the seed, not entirely sure as to what she was supposed to do after this. Was there something that she was supposed to do? She flicked an ear as he spoke, asking questions. She could answer questions, which was at least something rather than just nothing.
"Your ligament's ruptured." She mewed, sweeping her tail along the ground again.
"And you will most likely walk again." I'm pretty sure. "Though you are going to have to let it heal." The tuxedo cat sat down, wrapping her tail around her paws as she watched the tom. He sounded worried, maybe the poppy seed wasn't effecting him, or just wasn't yet, or maybe one didn't relax you... She still had a bit to learn about poppy seeds. These things were what came to mind rather than the fact that this tom was worried about what was going to happen to him. Was that a good thing or a bad thing? She had never really been good with comforting, so she wasn't entirely sure how to reassure him that he would most likely walk again, so she disnt. Maybe that was just to simplify it or maybe it was just because she didn't want to admit that she had no idea how to even begin doing that. Lack had never been something that she was good at accepting in herself.

goddess of ducks January 16th, 2017 03:31 PM

[QUOTE=Brooklyn Trees;133262]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighty (Post 133019)

(I don't mind =^^= And aren't we all mean to our cats in one way or another? I am, especially Bugpaw and Gingerwish for some reason.)
(Wait, epidemic? When is this supposed to happen?)

Ebonypaw returned her paw to the floor after he had consumed the seed, not entirely sure as to what she was supposed to do after this. Was there something that she was supposed to do? She flicked an ear as he spoke, asking questions. She could answer questions, which was at least something rather than just nothing.
"Your ligament's ruptured." She mewed, sweeping her tail along the ground again.
"And you will most likely walk again." I'm pretty sure. "Though you are going to have to let it heal." The tuxedo cat sat down, wrapping her tail around her paws as she watched the tom. He sounded worried, maybe the poppy seed wasn't effecting him, or just wasn't yet, or maybe one didn't relax you... She still had a bit to learn about poppy seeds. These things were what came to mind rather than the fact that this tom was worried about what was going to happen to him. Was that a good thing or a bad thing? She had never really been good with comforting, so she wasn't entirely sure how to reassure him that he would most likely walk again, so she disnt. Maybe that was just to simplify it or maybe it was just because she didn't want to admit that she had no idea how to even begin doing that. Lack had never been something that she was good at accepting in herself.

(Yes, my kitties go through varying amounts of torture xD)
(And the epidemic is a plot thing where greencough is sweeping the Clans. They can be found in the plot resources, I'm not too sure because I think it has to sweep through Shadowclan, then Riverclan, then finally Skyclan)
Cliffheart wasn't exactly sure what a ruptured ligament was, but obviously it wasn't good news. AS she told him that he would have to take some time off, he sighed. He didn't want to stay still. He wanted to serve his Clan. He wanted to show them that he was capable, that he wasn't hindered by his malformity. Frustrated though, he understood that it was hindering him. Right now it was stopping him from running through the territory, hunting and protecting his Clan. He could tell the uncertainty and uneasiness in Ebonypaw's expression and vocal tone. He nodded his head in acceptance. "Alright, so I suppose I'll be staying in here for a while?" he asked, disappointment was noticeable in his tone. He didn't want this, and he certainly didn't ask for it. But at least Ebonypaw had said that he would be able to walk again. Which meant he wouldn't have to retire and become the youngest elder there was, in probably all the Clans.

Brooklyn Trees January 16th, 2017 03:58 PM

[QUOTE=Nighty;134185]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Trees (Post 133262)
(Yes, my kitties go through varying amounts of torture xD)
(And the epidemic is a plot thing where greencough is sweeping the Clans. They can be found in the plot resources, I'm not too sure because I think it has to sweep through Shadowclan, then Riverclan, then finally Skyclan)
Cliffheart wasn't exactly sure what a ruptured ligament was, but obviously it wasn't good news. AS she told him that he would have to take some time off, he sighed. He didn't want to stay still. He wanted to serve his Clan. He wanted to show them that he was capable, that he wasn't hindered by his malformity. Frustrated though, he understood that it was hindering him. Right now it was stopping him from running through the territory, hunting and protecting his Clan. He could tell the uncertainty and uneasiness in Ebonypaw's expression and vocal tone. He nodded his head in acceptance. "Alright, so I suppose I'll be staying in here for a while?" he asked, disappointment was noticeable in his tone. He didn't want this, and he certainly didn't ask for it. But at least Ebonypaw had said that he would be able to walk again. Which meant he wouldn't have to retire and become the youngest elder there was, in probably all the Clans.

"Yes." The dark feline mewed. She felt uneasy, but being herself and herself not wanting to appear lacking or uncertain to anyone she didn't let it show, not that she was exactly sure how to show it. Expressing herself was one of the things that she was not too good at. At least confidence was something she could generally fake if needed. He would definitely live though and therefor she felt that she had done her job, not that a ruptured ligament would have killed him. She flicked the tip of her tail lightly against her pale paws and tried to read the expression that Cliffheart wore. Being herself though she failed at reading his expression, having no idea how you go about reading someone else's feelings from their face or eyes or voice.

goddess of ducks January 16th, 2017 10:27 PM

[QUOTE=Brooklyn Trees;134224]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighty (Post 134185)

"Yes." The dark feline mewed. She felt uneasy, but being herself and herself not wanting to appear lacking or uncertain to anyone she didn't let it show, not that she was exactly sure how to show it. Expressing herself was one of the things that she was not too good at. At least confidence was something she could generally fake if needed. He would definitely live though and therefor she felt that she had done her job, not that a ruptured ligament would have killed him. She flicked the tip of her tail lightly against her pale paws and tried to read the expression that Cliffheart wore. Being herself though she failed at reading his expression, having no idea how you go about reading someone else's feelings from their face or eyes or voice.

Cliffheart nodded absent mindedly. He was beginning to feel drowsy, no more alert like usual. What was it that poppyseed a did? He wasn't too sure, nor did his mind feel like working to remember it. "Thanks Ebonypaw." He meowed sluggishly, his words slightly slurred as he felt his brain shutting down, forcing him to lie his head back into the sift nest, drifting into sleep. This time though he slept peacefully, his dreams filled with hunting trips, flawless runs, things that only happened in dream like scenarios. As he raced along, chasing the same rabbit that he had attempted to catch earlier, he grew nervous as he remembered the spot where he had tripped on the root, leading to his ruptured ligament. He braced for the impact, ready for the pain again, but it never came, he kept running. Surprised he ou pished onwards, gaining on the hare and it fled from his thundering paws. Finally he was close enough to knock it off balance, sending it sprawling. He jumped in it and ended it with a swift bite. As he picked it up and turned to head back to Auroraflame, blackness shrouded the vision, reminding him self consciously that it was a dream and only a dream.

Brooklyn Trees January 16th, 2017 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighty (Post 135045)
Cliffheart nodded absent mindedly. He was beginning to feel drowsy, no more alert like usual. What was it that poppyseed a did? He wasn't too sure, nor did his mind feel like working to remember it. "Thanks Ebonypaw." He meowed sluggishly, his words slightly slurred as he felt his brain shutting down, forcing him to lie his head back into the sift nest, drifting into sleep. This time though he slept peacefully, his dreams filled with hunting trips, flawless runs, things that only happened in dream like scenarios. As he raced along, chasing the same rabbit that he had attempted to catch earlier, he grew nervous as he remembered the spot where he had tripped on the root, leading to his ruptured ligament. He braced for the impact, ready for the pain again, but it never came, he kept running. Surprised he ou pished onwards, gaining on the hare and it fled from his thundering paws. Finally he was close enough to knock it off balance, sending it sprawling. He jumped in it and ended it with a swift bite. As he picked it up and turned to head back to Auroraflame, blackness shrouded the vision, reminding him self consciously that it was a dream and only a dream.

Ebonypaw watched him drift off, slightly surprised that a single poppy seed had done that. Then again shock or pain could also have made him pass out again, right? She blinked and then turned to look back at Auroraflame (not entirely sure if she is still here or not.) before leaving the tom to his unconsciousness because she had realized that she had forgotten something.
The tuxedo she-cat nestled down, paws tucked beneath her and began to reveal the poppy seeds leaf wrap up again, since that had been something she had forgotten. She had unwrapped it and taken a seed and then just left it open on the floor. She wasn't sure if that was a conscious decision or if she had decided at all to do so.

(Would you mind if I start her role playing with another cat now that Cliff is unconscious?)

goddess of ducks January 17th, 2017 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Trees (Post 135093)
Ebonypaw watched him drift off, slightly surprised that a single poppy seed had done that. Then again shock or pain could also have made him pass out again, right? She blinked and then turned to look back at Auroraflame (not entirely sure if she is still here or not.) before leaving the tom to his unconsciousness because she had realized that she had forgotten something.
The tuxedo she-cat nestled down, paws tucked beneath her and began to reveal the poppy seeds leaf wrap up again, since that had been something she had forgotten. She had unwrapped it and taken a seed and then just left it open on the floor. She wasn't sure if that was a conscious decision or if she had decided at all to do so.

(Would you mind if I start her role playing with another cat now that Cliff is unconscious?)

[Nope, go ahead. I may have him wake up every once in a while and he'll watch her as she treats others, but that's about it]

Brooklyn Trees January 17th, 2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighty (Post 135288)
[Nope, go ahead. I may have him wake up every once in a while and he'll watch her as she treats others, but that's about it]

(Mkay then =^^=)

judas January 18th, 2017 06:57 AM

The brown kit stumbled her way in the den. Her paws wabbled beneath her as she tried to catch herself, hoping that none of the herbs were knocked over. Fawnkit looked up, seeing that the only thing she knocked down was her balance. Fawnkit sniffed around the den, the sent if herbs was thick, but in a way quiet calming. She scrambled deeper into the den, looking for the medicine cat apprentice. Her green orbs flickered from one pile if herbs to the next. They all seem stacked nicely, maybe one or two out of place. Soon she desided to call for Ebonypaw, hoping she wouldn't annoy the other cats. "Ebonypaw?" She mewed softly, she crept in until she was near the middle of the herb sented den. "Hello?"

Brooklyn Trees January 18th, 2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonfur (Post 136641)
The brown kit stumbled her way in the den. Her paws wabbled beneath her as she tried to catch herself, hoping that none of the herbs were knocked over. Fawnkit looked up, seeing that the only thing she knocked down was her balance. Fawnkit sniffed around the den, the sent if herbs was thick, but in a way quiet calming. She scrambled deeper into the den, looking for the medicine cat apprentice. Her green orbs flickered from one pile if herbs to the next. They all seem stacked nicely, maybe one or two out of place. Soon she desided to call for Ebonypaw, hoping she wouldn't annoy the other cats. "Ebonypaw?" She mewed softly, she crept in until she was near the middle of the herb sented den. "Hello?"

Ebonypaw's ears flicked up and she rose partially from where she had been rewrapping the leaf wrap around the poppy seeds in the herb store. She had thought she had heard something before, though she had thought that perhaps it was Cliffheart shifting in his sleep since the young feline still had difficulty differentiating the scent of cats in the herb-thick air of the den.
The tuxedo spotted the source of the voice fairly quickly, a brown kit standing near the center of the den.
"Yes?" She asked. The kit didn't look particularly injured or actually at all injured or sick so she continued to fold the confusing package of the leaf between her white paws.

judas January 18th, 2017 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Trees (Post 136923)
Ebonypaw's ears flicked up and she rose partially from where she had been rewrapping the leaf wrap around the poppy seeds in the herb store. She had thought she had heard something before, though she had thought that perhaps it was Cliffheart shifting in his sleep since the young feline still had difficulty differentiating the scent of cats in the herb-thick air of the den.
The tuxedo spotted the source of the voice fairly quickly, a brown kit standing near the center of the den.
"Yes?" She asked. The kit didn't look particularly injured or actually at all injured or sick so she continued to fold the confusing package of the leaf between her white paws.

Fawnkit let out a small sigh of relief. The cat didn't seem mad she had come in. But being in front of a high rank cat made her paws tingle with happyness and fear. Fawnkit shifted her paws, "I just wanted to maybe help out and ask a few things, if you aren't to busy." She mewed. Fawnkit looked up at Ebonypaw, if the cat had the paicence to listen to her questions the the lest she could do was help. Fawnkit knew she could ask difficult questions at some times. But if Ebonypaw could only have a quick chat, Fawnkit would just have to ask the question that had been haunting her mind. She shifted her gaze over to what Ebonypaw had been doing. It seemed she had been rapping some sort of seeds in a leaf. Her green orbs flickered with curiosity. Why was she rapping the seeds? What kind of leaf was that? The questions buzzed around her mind. Fawnkit flicked her tail, hardly holding in the questions she so desperately wanted to blurt out.

Brooklyn Trees January 18th, 2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonfur (Post 137021)
Fawnkit let out a small sigh of relief. The cat didn't seem mad she had come in. But being in front of a high rank cat made her paws tingle with happyness and fear. Fawnkit shifted her paws, "I just wanted to maybe help out and ask a few things, if you aren't to busy." She mewed. Fawnkit looked up at Ebonypaw, if the cat had the paicence to listen to her questions the the lest she could do was help. Fawnkit knew she could ask difficult questions at some times. But if Ebonypaw could only have a quick chat, Fawnkit would just have to ask the question that had been haunting her mind. She shifted her gaze over to what Ebonypaw had been doing. It seemed she had been rapping some sort of seeds in a leaf. Her green orbs flickered with curiosity. Why was she rapping the seeds? What kind of leaf was that? The questions buzzed around her mind. Fawnkit flicked her tail, hardly holding in the questions she so desperately wanted to blurt out.

Ebonypaw looked back down at the small black seeds on the half-open leaf between her paws and then returned her gaze to the kit. She was apprehensive of letting the kit near the herbs, since she had been a kit and leaves had been very fun to shred apart or play with.
"I'm... Not sure if it's such a good idea for you to help me, and there isn't really much to help with, but if you're quiet so you don't wake Cliffheart you can ask some questions." She told the younger she-cat, her blue eyes licerong momentarily over to the unconscious feline form before returning to the other cat. She had never had a cat stay in the den before and somehow it seemed kind of... Weird, like most new things were when they first began.

judas January 18th, 2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Trees (Post 137252)
Ebonypaw looked back down at the small black seeds on the half-open leaf between her paws and then returned her gaze to the kit. She was apprehensive of letting the kit near the herbs, since she had been a kit and leaves had been very fun to shred apart or play with.
"I'm... Not sure if it's such a good idea for you to help me, and there isn't really much to help with, but if you're quiet so you don't wake Cliffheart you can ask some questions." She told the younger she-cat, her blue eyes licerong momentarily over to the unconscious feline form before returning to the other cat. She had never had a cat stay in the den before and somehow it seemed kind of... Weird, like most new things were when they first began.

Fawnkit looked over at Cliffheart, then back at Evonypaw. She began to wonder even more things. Why was Cliffheart in here? Why couldn't she help? Fawnkit already knew one thing. Ebonypaw most likely didn't want her to help because if her age. Most kits seemed to fight with leafs. Fawnkit usually just collected the pale purple ones and hid them in her nest. She didn't see why they would destroy such a pretty thing. Starfall's question still echoed her mind as she quietly padded closer to the apprentice in effort to not wake the other cats. She managed to sit quietly, keeping her claws sheath. Holding her breath, Fawnkit asked her first question. "If your a apprentice, who trains you?" She quietly squeaked. She shifted her paws, there were a few rumors about who had been training her, but Fawnkit wanted a direct answer.

Brooklyn Trees January 18th, 2017 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonfur (Post 137443)
Fawnkit looked over at Cliffheart, then back at Evonypaw. She began to wonder even more things. Why was Cliffheart in here? Why couldn't she help? Fawnkit already knew one thing. Ebonypaw most likely didn't want her to help because if her age. Most kits seemed to fight with leafs. Fawnkit usually just collected the pale purple ones and hid them in her nest. She didn't see why they would destroy such a pretty thing. Starfall's question still echoed her mind as she quietly padded closer to the apprentice in effort to not wake the other cats. She managed to sit quietly, keeping her claws sheath. Holding her breath, Fawnkit asked her first question. "If your a apprentice, who trains you?" She quietly squeaked. She shifted her paws, there were a few rumors about who had been training her, but Fawnkit wanted a direct answer.

Ebonypaw waited, watching the brown she-cat lad closed and then sit down before she shifted her gaze back to the leaf between her paws and continued to try to get it wrapped up again.
The first question was at least one that she could answer, which she was very glad about. Being only nine moons old and still largely inexperienced in medicine she didn't know much, let alone anything that could really be questioned, about the world in general, and wasn't really sure what all of the herbs in the debwere or if she was allowed to give the information to someone else. Things that she had not thought about when she told the Kit that she could ask questions.
"Aconiteheart." She replied simply, not taking her eyes from the poppy seeds.

judas January 18th, 2017 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Trees (Post 137490)
Ebonypaw waited, watching the brown she-cat lad closed and then sit down before she shifted her gaze back to the leaf between her paws and continued to try to get it wrapped up again.
The first question was at least one that she could answer, which she was very glad about. Being only nine moons old and still largely inexperienced in medicine she didn't know much, let alone anything that could really be questioned, about the world in general, and wasn't really sure what all of the herbs in the debwere or if she was allowed to give the information to someone else. Things that she had not thought about when she told the Kit that she could ask questions.
"Aconiteheart." She replied simply, not taking her eyes from the poppy seeds.

Fawnkit nodded, flicking her gaze over to the stores of herbs. She turned her ears at Ebonypaw. She didn't want to bother the cat with to many questions. So she just thought maybe Starclan sent this 'Aconiteheart.' Fawnkit curled her tail tightly around her paws, sitting straight up. She looked over at Ebonypaw. Afraid of how that cat would react, she keep her tone low. "Did Starclan choose you, or did the leader?" Even if it was just the leader, Ebonypaw seemed to be a good medicine cat. Fawnkit looked at Ebonypaw's paws, seeing she was trying to fold the leaf. Fawnkit shifted her paws as if she was doing the same. I wonder why she would do that, Fawnkit thought. She stopped, tucking her paws back. She sniffed the air, but it only seemed to be herbs. Fawnkit let out a small smile. This place was kind of nice. No wonder Ebonypaw was a medicine cat.

Brooklyn Trees January 19th, 2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonfur (Post 137586)
Fawnkit nodded, flicking her gaze over to the stores of herbs. She turned her ears at Ebonypaw. She didn't want to bother the cat with to many questions. So she just thought maybe Starclan sent this 'Aconiteheart.' Fawnkit curled her tail tightly around her paws, sitting straight up. She looked over at Ebonypaw. Afraid of how that cat would react, she keep her tone low. "Did Starclan choose you, or did the leader?" Even if it was just the leader, Ebonypaw seemed to be a good medicine cat. Fawnkit looked at Ebonypaw's paws, seeing she was trying to fold the leaf. Fawnkit shifted her paws as if she was doing the same. I wonder why she would do that, Fawnkit thought. She stopped, tucking her paws back. She sniffed the air, but it only seemed to be herbs. Fawnkit let out a small smile. This place was kind of nice. No wonder Ebonypaw was a medicine cat.

Ebonypaw glanced sideways at the brown she-cat who was sitting beside her momentarily before returning her eyes to the leaf, which she had paused in wrapping.
"There was a sign." She mewed, licking her chest lightly before going back to wrapping up the leaf.
The tuxedo finished wrapping it, glad at the fact it would stay together, and pawed it back into the herb store among the other leaves and leaf wraps that it held.

judas January 19th, 2017 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Trees (Post 137967)
Ebonypaw glanced sideways at the brown she-cat who was sitting beside her momentarily before returning her eyes to the leaf, which she had paused in wrapping.
"There was a sign." She mewed, licking her chest lightly before going back to wrapping up the leaf.
The tuxedo finished wrapping it, glad at the fact it would stay together, and pawed it back into the herb store among the other leaves and leaf wraps that it held.

Fawnkit leaned over to see what Ebonypaw had been doing. Her ears narrowed forward. She sat back up, beginning to question more things. Her gaze flickered back to Ebonypaw. She ignored the other questions that pushed against her muzzle. She looked over at The leaf rap. "Why were you rapping that? Will they go bad if you don't?" She asked. Fawnkit let her stiff posture fade out. She was sure Ebonypaw wouldn't get upset as a wuestion as simple as that.

Brooklyn Trees January 19th, 2017 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonfur (Post 138174)
Fawnkit leaned over to see what Ebonypaw had been doing. Her ears narrowed forward. She sat back up, beginning to question more things. Her gaze flickered back to Ebonypaw. She ignored the other questions that pushed against her muzzle. She looked over at The leaf rap. "Why were you rapping that? Will they go bad if you don't?" She asked. Fawnkit let her stiff posture fade out. She was sure Ebonypaw wouldn't get upset as a wuestion as simple as that.

Ebonypaw blinked slowly and then pulled her forelegs back under her body and turning to face Fawnkit, pushing herself up into a sitting position.
"Mainly just so they don't roll around and get lost." The tuxedo cat mewed, flicking an ear and wrapping her tail around her paws once she had finished speaking. It was weird to be taller than another cat when sitting, she hadn't really interacted much with kits since she left the nursery and she found it a bit weird to look down rather than up are or just directly at those who you were speaking to.

judas January 19th, 2017 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Trees (Post 138186)
Ebonypaw blinked slowly and then pulled her forelegs back under her body and turning to face Fawnkit, pushing herself up into a sitting position.
"Mainly just so they don't roll around and get lost." The tuxedo cat mewed, flicking an ear and wrapping her tail around her paws once she had finished speaking. It was weird to be taller than another cat when sitting, she hadn't really interacted much with kits since she left the nursery and she found it a bit weird to look down rather than up are or just directly at those who you were speaking to.

Fawnkit nodded, that made since. She looked over more. Curiosity flickered in her eyes. She hardly knew anything about herbs, it was nice to see Ebonypaw knew a lot about herbs. The brown kit let out a small purr as she began to ask her next question. "What was it like when you first walked in as a medicine cat apprentice?" Fawnkit asked. She shuffled her paws, ready to blurt out multiple questions. She had to wait, just wait. Fawnkit looked up at Ebonypaw, her face beeming with questions.

Brooklyn Trees January 19th, 2017 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonfur (Post 138230)
Fawnkit nodded, that made since. She looked over more. Curiosity flickered in her eyes. She hardly knew anything about herbs, it was nice to see Ebonypaw knew a lot about herbs. The brown kit let out a small purr as she began to ask her next question. "What was it like when you first walked in as a medicine cat apprentice?" Fawnkit asked. She shuffled her paws, ready to blurt out multiple questions. She had to wait, just wait. Fawnkit looked up at Ebonypaw, her face beeming with questions.

Ebonypaw scanned the young feline with her blue orbs, watching how she moved. She honestly had no clue if they looked excited or not, their voice sounded excited though. Excited about what? She flicked an ear as she shook away the thoughts. How exactly was she going to answer that question? Ebonypaw was generally very quiet about her own feelings and didn't often tell them to somebody else, so she decided to instead find a loophole in the question.
"Pretty much exactly like this." She meowed, sweeping her tail partway up and then settling it back down against her paws to gesture at the surrounding area that was the den.