Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Assistance (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   regarding character prefixes (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12555)

Mango November 21st, 2017 06:40 AM

regarding character prefixes

I have a few prefixes I'm considering using, however; I'm not positive they are okay
  • Okapi- (Skyclan name)
    Mistletoe-
    Reindeer-
    Horse-
    Donkey-
Are those okay for clanborns or do they need to be born as outsiders...

mvoxhu November 21st, 2017 07:06 AM

Re: regarding character prefixes

Well, I’m not a mod or anything, but I would doubt that ‘Okapi’ would be allowed — even for a skyclan cat.
I also would say that ‘Reindeer’ wouldn’t be okay, but you could always just use ‘deer’ instead. The others would probably be fine. I’ve seen people use sheep- and lamb- , so why not horse- or donkey- ?

Bandido November 21st, 2017 08:15 AM

None of those species are in the forest, but horse should be fine since there were horses in WindClan territory in the books.

AbsurdJinx November 21st, 2017 11:52 AM

Okapi - Okay for outsider, but not for Clan cats
Mistletoe - Compound names are sorta frowned upon {ex. Sandstorm}
Reindeer - The cats aren't aware what reindeer are, but they do know what deer/fawns are
Horse - The cats do know what horses are - especially in WindClan - so I suppose this is an acceptable name

Donkey - The cats aren't aware of what donkeys are

BEAR. November 21st, 2017 12:05 PM

okapi - outsiders only.
donkey - not common in the united states, so i'd put it as outsiders only.
mistletoe - eastern mistletoe is native to the united states (and can be found in maine) so i think it'd be okay for all the clans.
horse - is fine.
reindeer aren't that common in the united states now (given many of them were hunted to near extinction) so i'm leaning towards no unless they were an outsider.

Mango November 21st, 2017 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad King (Post 425193)
okapi - outsiders only.
donkey - not common in the united states, so i'd put it as outsiders only.
mistletoe - eastern mistletoe is native to the united states (and can be found in maine) so i think it'd be okay for all the clans.
horse - is fine.
reindeer aren't that common in the united states now (given many of them were hunted to near extinction) so i'm leaning towards no unless they were an outsider.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx (Post 425189)
Okapi - Okay for outsider, but not for Clan cats
Mistletoe - Compound names are sorta frowned upon {ex. Sandstorm}
Reindeer - The cats aren't aware what reindeer are, but they do know what deer/fawns are
Horse - The cats do know what horses are - especially in WindClan - so I suppose this is an acceptable name

Donkey - The cats aren't aware of what donkeys are

Thank you staffle and member who acts like staff.

Bandido November 21st, 2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okapi (Post 425196)
Thank you staffle and member who acts like staff.

Absurd was only trying to help, since you did ask in the site assistance (Where members can reply) instead of PMing a staff member.

Mango November 21st, 2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloody Bandit (Post 425268)
Absurd was only trying to help, since you did ask in the site assistance (Where members can reply) instead of PMing a staff member.

IK. But Absurd acts 100% of the time like a mini-mod Mad should appoint them as mini-mod

SuspiciousMindz November 21st, 2017 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okapi (Post 425310)
IK. But Absurd acts 100% of the time like a mini-mod Mad should appoint them as mini-mod

As stated, Jinx is just trying to help. It's appreciated, but just being helpful doesn't make them act like a mini-mod as there's more to it than that. Also, suggesting someone for the staff role isn't how we decide staff.

Mango November 22nd, 2017 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz (Post 425630)

As stated, Jinx is just trying to help. It's appreciated, but just being helpful doesn't make them act like a mini-mod as there's more to it than that. Also, suggesting someone for the staff role isn't how we decide staff.

They do the massive welcomes including the links to FAQs, Site assistance, all that jazz on profile and introduction center...and that’s kinda what you do Great, now I half feel inclined to tell you that your just a mini-mod.