Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Assistance (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How do I get started? (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14735)

June February 20th, 2018 08:44 PM

How do I get started?

I know that this is in the FAQ, but im still way too intimidated to know how to start roleplaying. I have a character ready that I want to use, but I dont know anyone, and I dont know how to ask someone to start a roleplay. Can anyone help?

Fawn February 20th, 2018 08:46 PM

Re: How do I get started?

We have plenty of friendly folks around. I'm sure you'd get a handful of responses simply by leaving a visitor message on profiles asking to RP, maybe introducing your character and/or a brief plot you'd like to do.

Alternatively, you can post in Character Resources asking for relations for your character(s) or RP partners, and could find somebody to interact with that way. Applying to the threads of others is a good idea too!

She Kittyx February 21st, 2018 03:45 AM

[QUOTE=Rose Queen;473712][FONT="Times New Roman"]We have plenty of friendly folks around. I'm sure you'd get a handful of responses simply by leaving a visitor message on profiles asking to RP, maybe introducing your character and/or a brief plot you'd like to do.

i just want to know to create the actual name and stuff??
:balloon::flower1::bunny:

Mango February 21st, 2018 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 473710)
I know that this is in the FAQ, but im still way too intimidated to know how to start roleplaying. I have a character ready that I want to use, but I dont know anyone, and I dont know how to ask someone to start a roleplay. Can anyone help?

Yeah. Rose covered you. Literally VM someone a few people may decline due to a busy schedule/too many rps currently/only do OOC stuff, but I guarantee if you ask five ppl you'll get atleast one.

fresh February 21st, 2018 06:40 AM

[ @June ]

you don’t need to know anyone, really, to have a good roleplay with them! heck, you might even make a friend or two while doing it. i see rose covered you for literally everything else, but... i could roleplay with you any time! ;3

BEAR. February 21st, 2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by She Kittyx (Post 473760)
i just want to know to create the actual name and stuff??
:balloon::flower1::bunny:

what do you mean by 'the actual name'?

Fuzzy February 21st, 2018 02:45 PM

@June

Yeah, everyone here that I've gotten to know is very friendly and wouldn't mind being asked to RP. You can post a viseter message or look for RP trackers, that's what I do, most of the time.

She Kittyx February 22nd, 2018 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad King (Post 473865)

what do you mean by 'the actual name'?

like err

''dew feather'' sky clan ect...

Blueberry February 22nd, 2018 05:33 AM

@june
Feel free to ask anyone to rp. We have a great community here and I dout anyone will turn you down! :D

BEAR. February 22nd, 2018 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by She Kittyx (Post 474108)
like err

''dew feather'' sky clan ect...

You can just create the name and use it in your posts.

For example, if you wanted to have a cat named 'Dewfeather', you could post something like:

Dewfeather padded into the clearing and looked around.

You can also create a bio for your characters on a character site or use our Biographies section. If you're not sure how to start, there's a form that's provided you're welcome to use!

If you're not sure how to join a Clan, you can read the current joining requirements for each one here. If your character is being roleplayed as Clan-born and isn't joining as an outsider, you don't need to contact a leader.

As for Clan names, you can create them in the Alternative Warriors Roleplay category. We ask you not use the names of the main Clans (Thunder, Wind, River, Shadow, Sky) unless it's clear it's based in the bookverse. Names in that category can be anything you want, from EagleClan to MageClan.