Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Twolegplace (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Desolated Tracks (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34380)

BEAR. January 12th, 2021 10:08 PM

Desolated Tracks

Note: This is a public thread, open to everyone who wishes to use it.

Once a bustling railroad station, now since forgotten as the world
expanded and grew around it.

The building itself is not very large, roughly the size of a small Twoleg den,
but it provides enough shelter from the elements that cats
have taken to it as a home.

Rodents run rampant in the building and along the worn tracks,
giving cats access to plenty of food.

Of course.. the building is not without its own dangers.
Parts of the tracks have broken and jutt out of the ground
like rusty spikes, and it isn't uncommon for pieces of the building to fall.
In some cases, this has crushed cats under boards.

It's probably a good idea to proceed with caution,
lest cats want to join those who have perished here.

MooingPanda January 12th, 2021 10:37 PM

Re: Desolated Tracks

Tigerlilly weaved through spikes jutting up through the ground, her ears pricked, ready for action at the slightest sound. She had come upon this place merely by chance, for the Twolegplace that she had wandered for so long had lost it's touch. Besides, prey was getting pretty hard to come by. She had even resorted to digging through hard, shiny containers, searching for a snack that a Twoleg had thrown away. Tigerlilly considered herself to be rather resorceful, but scrounging for scraps left by Twolegs was, in her opinion, only a last resort.

She had often wondered what layed beyond all the noisy alleys with their smelly monsters. It had been and interesting time so far. Almost immediately, Tigerlilly had been chased by some giant brown animals that flew across the ground with their massive thundering feet, escaping by only scrambling under a fence. She had then stumbled upon a raccoon washing his food in a creek. The raccoon, not feeling friendly in the least, had flew at her, squaling angrily. It was only after she hissed and gave him some clawing that he had relaxed, ambling away with his snack.

When Tigerlilly reached this strange building, it had been quite late in the evening. She smelled a couple prey scents, presumably rats, but was too tired to try and catch one. She crawled under some pieces of wood that looked dry enough and fell asleep almost immediately.

MooingPanda January 13th, 2021 09:47 AM

Tigerlilly was startled awake by a rumbling crash. Leaping to her feet, she smacked her head on her wooden shelter. "Ouch", she muttered. By now the noise had stopped. Tigerlilly rubbed her head and scrambled out. It was very early in the morning, the sun was barely up. To her left, dust billowed out from openings in the building. Tigerlilly picked her way to an entrance and saw a hard, gray, rock-like object had fallen from the ceiling. The building was mostly bare, with more of the rocks scattered about; it was about ready to fall down.

MooingPanda January 13th, 2021 10:08 AM

Tigerlilly really wasn't feeling like being crushed by falling rocks, so decided to explore other places. There were weird things on the ground, which looked like smooth branches. They ran parallel to one another and, when Tigerlilly laid a paw on one, felt as cold as ice. Moving to a smaller shed that appeared to be in slightly better condition, she began to search for a rat. They weren't hard to find, and seemed like they hadn't ever seen a cat before. Tigerlilly soon caught one and settled down to eat.

(Anyone else want to join)?

Cobra January 13th, 2021 10:14 AM

Hoax walked over to Tigerlily, watching the cat. They felt Trick pushing at them, begging to make a "good first impression". No. They were themselves with Eagleflight - had been themself. But.. Trick smiled gracefully at Tigerlily, their eyes bright and cheerful. "Hello! My name is Hoax and Trick." They flicked their tail casually, the smile still on their face. Trick was a master at introductions, and perhaps the rest could be introduced later. They were not as dignified, though, so.. perhaps it was best to leave them out. For now. Perhaps they would come out later. "Call me Trick, though - I have more me's.. more personalities. It's hard to explain." Trick let out a light laugh.

// @MooingPanda

MooingPanda January 13th, 2021 10:24 AM

Tigerlilly jumped when she heard the voice. Looking up from her meal, she saw a cat staring down at her, smiling brightly. "Hey Trick," she meowed, swallowing. "I'm Tigerlilly. How long have you been here?"
@Cobra

Cobra January 13th, 2021 10:30 AM

Trick nodded. "That's a beautiful name!" they approved. "How is your meal, may I ask? Rat, I presume?" How long had they been there? "Hoax says we've been here for a moon or so. They're surprised we didn't see you, but then again - it's easy to get lost in this huge area."

// @MooingPanda

MooingPanda January 13th, 2021 10:36 AM

"It is pretty big," Tigerlilly agreed. "I've just got here, so I have no idea what this is." She finished her rat and jumped to her feet. "I would warn you, though. The roofs of the den's are really falling apart." @Cobra

Cobra January 13th, 2021 10:40 AM

"Yes, it's huge," Trick added. "I think.. there used to be loud noises coming from here. Oh! Hoax says they were snake-monsters. Long, different colors - the ones through here were green, though. Very weird. And they're falling apart? Ah, better be careful!"

// @MooingPanda

MooingPanda January 13th, 2021 10:44 AM

Tigerlilly began to groom herself. "Yeah, I don't think they're here anymore." She paused. "Who's Hoax?" @Cobra

MooingPanda January 13th, 2021 09:22 PM

bump

MooingPanda January 14th, 2021 08:56 PM

bump

Willow_Tree March 26th, 2021 02:12 PM

Shadow, a young she-cat about 7 moons old, surveyed the twoleg den from a distance, wondering if she dared to explore it. It might offer a safe place to live. Far safer than the alleyways she was used to, that’s for sure. She decides it’s worth the risk and approaches the abandoned twoleg den cautiously at dusk, avoiding the metal spikes. Her pure black fur, apart from the large white blotch on her left and ear, helping her blend in. She flicks her tail nervously as she approaches, not sure whether there are other cats there or not.
@MooingPanda

MooingPanda March 26th, 2021 04:19 PM

Tigerlily weaved her way cautiously through the rubble. This was the first time she had been in this den since part of the roof collapsed yesterday. That hadn't happened in a while, but she knew from experience that one fall usually triggered another. She caught the scent of another cat and stiffened. It had also been a while since she had seen a cat around here. She lowered herself into the shelter of a rock and slowly scanned the area. Nearby, she spotted movement, a white blur against the darkening sky. She decided to stay still and see where the stranger was headed. @ShadowWing65

Willow_Tree March 26th, 2021 04:21 PM

Shadow pauses cautiously before going into the abandoned twoleg den. She looks around, wondering if anyone is here, she catches the scent of another cat and hides in the shadows, wondering if the other cat will show itself.
@MooingPanda

MooingPanda March 26th, 2021 04:41 PM

Tigerlily tensed her muscles, moving her head around slightly as the cat entered the den. It was always a good idea to have an escape route in plan, just in case. The small movement must have alerted it, because the cat looked up as if aware it wasn't alone. Deciding to stay hidden, she growled, "why are you here? Go away." @ShadowWing65

Willow_Tree March 26th, 2021 04:46 PM

Shadow lashed her tail slightly, but other than that, didn't move. She narrows her eyes. "Why should I? This territory seems like it's big enough for two cats. Unless there're more of you here."
@MooingPanda

MooingPanda March 26th, 2021 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowWing65 (Post 957257)
Shadow lashed her tail slightly, but other than that, didn't move. She narrows her eyes. "Why should I? This territory seems like it's big enough for two cats. Unless there're more of you here."
@MooingPanda

Tigerlily thought about it for a moment before responding. There was plenty of room. She just wasn't fond of visitors. "That doesn't mean that you're welcome here," she hissed.

Willow_Tree March 26th, 2021 07:03 PM

Shadow is almost tempted to snap at her, but instead, she stalks out of the Twolegs den to find a different place to stay.
@MooingPanda

MooingPanda March 27th, 2021 06:22 PM

Tigerlily watched the cat with slitted eyes. It appeared that she was leaving, but just to make sure, she crept out of her hiding spot and watched the cat leave from the entrance of the den. Satisfied that she actually gone, Tigerlily relaxed and turned away. @ShadowWing65

Willow_Tree March 29th, 2021 09:24 AM

Shadow makes her way out of the Twoleg den, before catching a scent. Her ears prickle forward, crouching as she makes her way stealthily towards the source of it. When she gets close to see what it is, she freezes. It’s a coyote, and a big one too, she watches it for a second, before it starts to make its way to the Twolegs den, which she had just left. Shadow relaxes, relieved that it’s heading away from her, then realizes the other cat is in there. She hesitates, the other cat had pretty much driven her out of the shelter, but, then again, she wouldn’t be all that welcoming to a stranger either. She darts towards the Twolegs den, trying not to be spotted by the coyote, but managing to get there before it, she doesn’t know where the other cat is, but she knows that it’s in here. “THere’s a coyote!” She says, trying to find out where the other cat is hiding, “It’s a pretty big one, and it’s heading here, you might wanna hide somewhere else until it leaves.” She warns

@MooingPanda

MooingPanda March 30th, 2021 10:12 AM

Tigerlily sniffed around for traces of prey. Most of the time, the only thing she found were rats, but she noticed a fresh mouse trail. She must have just missed it. Probably waltzed on by as she was getting rid of that other cat.

As if her thoughts summoned her, Tigerlily jerked her head up as the stranger's scent washed over her. Ducking quickly back into cover, she glimpsed movement just outside the den. Why had she come back? Maybe she was just faking leaving. Tigerlily noticed another scent. A coyote. A familier scent around here, she didn't see them often, but knew there was one hanging around due to the scent trails she had found.

She pricked her ears as the other cat called out a warning. Interesting that she would go out of her way to warn her about something like a coyote. No matter. Priding herself on always being prepared, Tigerlily had planned for stuff like this. Leaping lightly up the fallen pieces of stone roof, she settled into a little niche, formed by pieces of the roof when it fell. She debated whether to let the other cat know, then decided against it. It was their fault if they died, trying to save a cat that didn't like them. @ShadowWing65

Feathercreek April 14th, 2021 09:43 AM

Thief stretched her long legs. It was because of the black "mask" like marking on her face, she was named Thief. She yawned, showing all of her sharp white teeth. All of the claws stuck to her collar gleamed. This place was her home. She made sure to stay out of the other cat's way, but sometimes she attacked one or two, just to practice her battle skills. Thief's nest was in the darkest corner, made out of cloth that she found in the twoleg thrash cans. Making sure not to step on sharp things, the dark brown spotted she-cat padded toward the center of the Forgotten Twoleg Den.

(OPEN!)

Fenz April 14th, 2021 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feathercreek (Post 970871)
Thief stretched her long legs. It was because of the black "mask" like marking on her face, she was named Thief. She yawned, showing all of her sharp white teeth. All of the claws stuck to her collar gleamed. This place was her home. She made sure to stay out of the other cat's way, but sometimes she attacked one or two, just to practice her battle skills. Thief's nest was in the darkest corner, made out of cloth that she found in the twoleg thrash cans. Making sure not to step on sharp things, the dark brown spotted she-cat padded toward the center of the Forgotten Twoleg Den.

(OPEN!)

Fox, a large and strongly built Tom had seen thief and had gotten curious about her. He got his name from his foxish looks and how he resembled a real fox. Here’s his pic http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...ictureid=20891 ) padding silently past broken glass he followed her making sure not to make any noise that might give him away.

Feathercreek April 14th, 2021 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonpatch (Post 970886)

Fox, a large and strongly built Tom had seen thief and had gotten curious about her. He got his name from his foxish looks and how he resembled a real fox. Here’s his pic http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...ictureid=20891 ) padding silently past broken glass he followed her making sure not to make any noise that might give him away.

(here is her picture: http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...ictureid=21120)
At first, Thief did not notice Fox. But her keen ears and nose gave him away. She had smelled him, and heard his careful pawsteps. Spinning around, Thief hissed at the tom, a malicious grin spreading. "Well, look at that! Another cat. Wanna practice battle?" she said in her creamy, silky voice that did not fit her not one bit. Before even letting Fox answer, she lashed out a claw with blinding speed, trying to claw the tom. "Didn't notice that coming, did ya? Well, it ain't gonna be surprising if I win, 'cause I'm the great-great-great granddaughter of Scourge."

Feathercreek April 14th, 2021 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonpatch (Post 970929)

Fox sighed ( his mother shadowclaw is the successor of scourges clan and changed the name to deathclan)
Guess I gave myself away fox smirked his teeth shone in the dark. Bloodlust coated his eyes and his voice was silky cold. His claws where twice the size of hers and his teeth where too. Fox took a step closer towards thief, looming over her. A viscous smile replaced his smirk- you wanna fight well I’ll give you a choice fight and die or be a nice little girl he teased her.

Thief was not unnerved. "I don't do jokes." she growled. "I'll fight. If you win, I will leave this place and never come back again. You would get to sleep in my nest if you want. But if I win, I get to shred you." she said, her voice icy cold and hard. She sat down, apparently marveling at her claws. Like a twoleg who just got his claws painted. It was blood-chilling, the way she talked about killing or shredding another cat so calmly, as if it was normal.
"FIGHT!" she suddenly yowled, and launched herself at Fox.

Fenz April 14th, 2021 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feathercreek (Post 970956)
Thief was not unnerved. "I don't do jokes." she growled. "I'll fight. If you win, I will leave this place and never come back again. You would get to sleep in my nest if you want. But if I win, I get to shred you." she said, her voice icy cold and hard. She sat down, apparently marveling at her claws. Like a twoleg who just got his claws painted. It was blood-chilling, the way she talked about killing or shredding another cat so calmly, as if it was normal.
"FIGHT!" she suddenly yowled, and launched herself at Fox.

Fox stepped aside and allowed thief to go sailing past him a amused look spread across his face. Not bad but you fight like a kit he joked ( he could be flirting with her in a mean way ) fox turned to face her, his expression showed that he was bored I don’t want you to leave or take your nest fox sighed.

Feathercreek April 14th, 2021 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonpatch (Post 970974)

Fox stepped aside and allowed thief to go sailing past him a amused look spread across his face. Not bad but you fight like a kit he joked ( he could be flirting with her in a mean way ) fox turned to face her, his expression showed that he was bored I don’t want you to leave or take your nest fox sighed.

Thief was furious. If this was a cartoon, she would have had smoke come out of her ears. Hissing, she circled Fox and attempted to kick him with her back legs with all her might.

Feathercreek April 16th, 2021 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonpatch (Post 973223)

Fox stood still letting her land a little helpless attack. Oh wow that was your strongest attack, you know why I’m named fox right. I’m part fox ( he’s a hybrid) and I killed my own father

Wow. This cat was large, bulky and all muscles. But he was pretty mouse-brained. Who would kill their own father? Thief snorted, chuckling. Fox's teeth were large, and they could crush bone, by the looks of it. But Thief's teeth were long and sharp, which could latch onto things easily. Her fangs were also sharp as needles, and because of their length, they could slice through thick fur. She whirled around, keeping an eye on her rival. "You part fox?" she asked. "No wonder you killed your father. Your no cat. Your a crow-food eating, stinky smelling, bad mannered fox! I wouldn't be surprised if you ate rotten eggs for dinner!" she taunted, attempting to get a good grip on Fox's back, where he wouldn't be able to reach her with his claws or teeth. "You've got the weapons of a fox, I've got the cunning of a fox!"

Fenz April 16th, 2021 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feathercreek (Post 973300)
Wow. This cat was large, bulky and all muscles. But he was pretty mouse-brained. Who would kill their own father? Thief snorted, chuckling. Fox's teeth were large, and they could crush bone, by the looks of it. But Thief's teeth were long and sharp, which could latch onto things easily. Her fangs were also sharp as needles, and because of their length, they could slice through thick fur. She whirled around, keeping an eye on her rival. "You part fox?" she asked. "No wonder you killed your father. Your no cat. Your a crow-food eating, stinky smelling, bad mannered fox! I wouldn't be surprised if you ate rotten eggs for dinner!" she taunted, attempting to get a good grip on Fox's back, where he wouldn't be able to reach her with his claws or teeth. "You've got the weapons of a fox, I've got the cunning of a fox!"

Fox sighed I killed my father because he killed my siblings because he didn’t think they where strong enough, he even came after my mother foxs eyes clouded with grief just for a second. well I guess I found a worthy opponent for now, but I’m getting kinda bored here(he’s going to run into a assain out in the woods when he leaves ) fox turned and padded away.

Feathercreek April 16th, 2021 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonpatch (Post 973308)

Fox sighed I killed my father because he killed my siblings because he didn’t think they where strong enough, he even came after my mother foxs eyes clouded with grief just for a second. well I guess I found a worthy opponent for now, but I’m getting kinda bored here(he’s going to run into a assain out in the woods when he leaves ) fox turned and padded away.

Thief wanted to say sorry for saying all of the bad things about Fox, but he had already left. She understood what it felt like. Saddened and guilty, she padded back to her nest.

windtail May 1st, 2021 11:45 PM

from a distance a cat was lisening to them horiffied.

gs29513 July 27th, 2021 02:59 PM

Hazel was cold. With her thin fur soaked and a breeze cutting across her body, it was no wonder. Shivering violently, the queen staggered into the perceived safety of the tunnel. As soon as she had reached a corner she collapsed, limbs splayed and head drooping as she tumbled into sleep. But her slumber was soon interrupted, a pain shooting through her abdomen and waking her. Gasping a breath of air, the molly yowled as the contractions took hold.

The sound bounced about the cavern, echoing eerily until it faded, only to be replaced by another, and another, and another cry of agony. The queen's body contorted, contractions rippling through her and forcing out the kittens. Gasping as she struggled to keep air in her lungs, Hazel closed her eyes. She just wanted it to be OVER! Kits were not worth it, she had known that for a long time. But this HURT! OH!

With a final, laboring breath and gasp, Hazel felt the contractions stop, laying motionless for a few seconds before reaching for the kits in order to clean them off. This was when things began to go poorly, for after cleaning two kits, Hazel discovered that the third was unmoving. After a few attempts to rouse it she gave up, and focused her attention on the remaining scrap of fur. This one too was unmoving at first, but began to respond after a few, rough laps of the tongue.

Nudging the three living kits to her belly, Hazel lay back against the rock with a gasping sigh, looking down on the kits with some degree of fondness. She hadn't wanted them, but now that they were here it was hard to not feel protective of them. As they began to shiver, she realized that they were laying on a cold rock. As was she, but she at least had some ability to keep herself warm. Pulling them closer, she tried to will warmth into their little bodies as they suckled. She could get moss tomorrow, but she was exhausted.

The next day came with the three kits still living beside her, to her relief. Moving them onto the now warm rock she vacated, Hazel picked up their sibling before exiting the place she had found shelter. After burying the small body, she collected moss, several pieces being brought to the place she had taken refuge. Making a small nest took little time, and she placed all of the kits in it before going to hunt.

As she continued a bit farther away from the corner she had found sanctuary in, the smell of rodents increased greatly. After a quick bout of stalking she captured one, killing it and tearing into it's flesh in famished mouthfuls before returning to the kittens, who by now were wailing with hunger. As she settled down beside them, tail forming a wall to keep them close to her belly, Hazel murmured their names.

The small black she-cat was the first to receive a name, a small murmur of Night. the only indication a decision had been reached. Her brother, white and dotted with brown spots was dubbed Flea, and the smallest and weakest of the trio was given the name Toad. Relaxing against the rock behind her, Hazel fell asleep quickly.

gs29513 August 2nd, 2021 02:32 PM

It only took a few days. Toad died just three days after his birth, as he was taking his first few steps. Stumbling over the edge of the train platform on wobbly legs, he smashed his head against a metal rail and lay still and unmoving. Night and Flea peered down from the platform, and when Hazel returned it was to the two remaining kits stock still there. Surmising what had happened, she took Toad outside to bury, grieving privately before forbidding her remaining kits from going near the edge of the platform. Ever.

Things did not get better for the family of three. While they had a few weeks of relative peace and safety, all this was soon shattered. The kits were almost at the age to be weaned, and Hazel had gone hunting outside for a tender piece of prey to start them on when disaster struck. A young fisher cat, all teeth and claws, slunk into the twoleg den. After a few moments of observing the two kits it lunged, hoping to fasten its teeth into Night's neck. It missed but not by much, biting into her ear and clinging their as she cried out in pain.

Swinging her claws wildly, she managed to detach it from her flesh, although it came away with a good chunk of fur and flesh in its maw. The young molly didn't know what to do besides cry for help, and in her distraction it leapt again, bowling her over the edge of the same platform that had killed toad. While her head was unharmed, a rock dislodged from where it had leaned upwards and rolled, uncaring of who was in it's way, towards the fighting ball.

Night was to absorbed in the pain of her ear and chest, where the Fisher was currently focusing its efforts, to hear the chunk coming, and as she swung a front paw forward it came through. With a sickening crunch it rolled over the middle of the foreleg. Yowling as even more pain rocked her system, Night collapsed under the Fisher, no longer able to beat back it's savage attacks.

As it's teeth sought her throat she kicked out with her hind legs, the will to live filling her with adrenaline that momentarily numbed the pain and creep of fuzzy vision the loss of blood had induced. It instead bit the side of her jaw, another chunk of bloody flesh removed as the flow of blood slowed in one wound only to increase in another. And then, suddenly, the weight was gone. Her mother stood over her, the young fisher dead in her mouth.

But Night felt no sense of relief, all she could feel was pain. Pain from her broken foreleg, pain from her ear and chest, pain from her jaw sliced at the lip to reveal her bloody teeth. Whimpering, crying out for help, Night lay on the platform as Hazel bustled about her, wrapping the various injuries in cobwebs. How successful her attempts at healing would be would only be shown by time, but it was all she knew how to do, that and try to comfort the small she-cat as she cried out in pain at all hours.

After a week, it had become clear that things were not going as they should. The wounded leg began to smell sour, and even the slightest touch now sent Night into tears. Eventually, Hazel decided it was infected beyond reasonable repair. After ordering her kit to hold a stick firmly in her maw she removed it, slicing through flesh in a quick motion that ended with a strangled wail and hasty reassurances as cobwebs were wrapped around the stump in practiced motions. While the she-kit had lost half her leg, she did manage to heal.

poppy May 7th, 2022 05:55 PM

Brackenfire padded around, teeth gritted as she still had no sight of Bounceberry.

beau May 14th, 2022 06:18 PM

It was a dreary day. Perhaps it was not what most cats considered gloomy, but it was gloomy to Lucille. The sun was bright - sharply flashing in her stormy eyes; the air was warm - she felt like she was breathing water with the humidity; and the ground was dry - her paws ached terrible from the soil's refusal to give from under them. Those approaching from her right would see her as a shadow, her silhouette backlit by the setting sun. Perhaps she would appear as a shadow from other angles. She wouldn't be surprised considering her sable-black fur.

Yes, that cursed fur which seemed to absorb all of the heat from the sun. She would not be surprised to find that the rest of the world was frigid as a result of the her pelt absorbing all of the sunlight. It was a ragged thing, her fur: wild and ungroomed, hanging loosely from her gaunt frame. Not exactly attractive. Of course, Lucille wasn't very concerned with her appearance - she had been on the move for a couple of days, and would take the time to groom herself once she seemed it fit to return back to her uprights' home. For now, her top priority was finding a meal.

She had considered going to the Reaching Stones. The uprights there seemed far kinder than hers, and it was always cool and shady there. Unfortunately, the rodent population was picked over at the moment. Her next pick was easy; the tracks were always fairly empty, and the rodents were plump and stupid. In winter the tracks seemed to be completely devoid of life, but she had given the area ample time to awaken.

It seemed she was right. The soft skittering of paws revealed a young dormouse, nervously pacing back and forth. Quietly, she slunk behind an old pile of upright junk - nasty metal things with a horribly unnatural smell. Dull sapphire eyes peered around the pile at her target. Slowly, the feline sank into a comfortable crouch, her bobbed tail twitching with anticipation. The rodent seemed to be taunting her: wandering towards her hiding spot, before slowly looping away. But she could be patient. With every pace the mouse grew closer, and soon enough she would be able to simply snag it with a quick flash of her paw. If nobody interrupted her, that is.

[open! trying out a new charrie :heartbounce:]

SpiritWolf_yt May 14th, 2022 07:12 PM

it was dreary day for archscar for he wasn't all happy he wished he had a mate but he didn't think of it useful purpose, he looked at the ground seeing other cat tracks he followed it until he gave up,

he didn't relize a cat was nearby so he kept going the tom cat didn't care much for food or something he just wanted to find a cat he continues following track but doesn't know where he is going,

he comes to and end seeing another cat he approached caustiously so that he doesn't scare off the cat
@Naiad

coalfur May 16th, 2022 09:16 PM

A calico cat strutted down the tracks, confident in their movements. The she-cat, who calls herself cali, seems to be on the older side, and has lived near the tracks for many moons.

open for interaction!

Levi May 29th, 2022 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coalfur (Post 1200419)
A calico cat strutted down the tracks, confident in their movements. The she-cat, who calls herself cali, seems to be on the older side, and has lived near the tracks for many moons.

open for interaction!

Rain

He looked left, then right, a cool breeze ruffling his fur as he stared at the tracks beside him. He scented an unfamiliar smell, a cat, it seemed. He stayed still in his place, ears perked and attentive to his surroundings. He strayed a step further, parting his maw to taste the air. Sitting down, he licked his paw and drew it over his face. "Why hello there," he meowed, wondering where this new cat was. He couldn't see them, but he had hoped that they could hear him, for he spoke rather loudly for this particular interaction.

Wintersun June 13th, 2022 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naiad (Post 1199045)
It was a dreary day. Perhaps it was not what most cats considered gloomy, but it was gloomy to Lucille. The sun was bright - sharply flashing in her stormy eyes; the air was warm - she felt like she was breathing water with the humidity; and the ground was dry - her paws ached terrible from the soil's refusal to give from under them. Those approaching from her right would see her as a shadow, her silhouette backlit by the setting sun. Perhaps she would appear as a shadow from other angles. She wouldn't be surprised considering her sable-black fur.

Yes, that cursed fur which seemed to absorb all of the heat from the sun. She would not be surprised to find that the rest of the world was frigid as a result of the her pelt absorbing all of the sunlight. It was a ragged thing, her fur: wild and ungroomed, hanging loosely from her gaunt frame. Not exactly attractive. Of course, Lucille wasn't very concerned with her appearance - she had been on the move for a couple of days, and would take the time to groom herself once she seemed it fit to return back to her uprights' home. For now, her top priority was finding a meal.

She had considered going to the Reaching Stones. The uprights there seemed far kinder than hers, and it was always cool and shady there. Unfortunately, the rodent population was picked over at the moment. Her next pick was easy; the tracks were always fairly empty, and the rodents were plump and stupid. In winter the tracks seemed to be completely devoid of life, but she had given the area ample time to awaken.

It seemed she was right. The soft skittering of paws revealed a young dormouse, nervously pacing back and forth. Quietly, she slunk behind an old pile of upright junk - nasty metal things with a horribly unnatural smell. Dull sapphire eyes peered around the pile at her target. Slowly, the feline sank into a comfortable crouch, her bobbed tail twitching with anticipation. The rodent seemed to be taunting her: wandering towards her hiding spot, before slowly looping away. But she could be patient. With every pace the mouse grew closer, and soon enough she would be able to simply snag it with a quick flash of her paw. If nobody interrupted her, that is.

[open! trying out a new charrie :heartbounce:]

Willowpaw was eyeing the other cat warrily, watching her hunt. She bristled a tiny bit at the thought o interacting with the other cat. A small mouse skittered away, scaring her out of the bush she was hiding in as well as scaring away the the critter the other she-cat was attempting to catch. "uhh... Hi?" Willowpaw said cringing at herself as she laid on her back. Quickly hopping off and shaking herself off, she bowed her head in apology for scaring away this cat's prey. "Uh... Sorry for scaring away your food, if you want I'll catch you something..." Willowpaw offered, the wind blowing her black and brown splotched white fur. She glanced away completely rigid in case she had to run or fight.Her blue adnd green eyes glanced around nervously looking for a good escape route, she knew the territory well but so could this cat.