Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   ThunderClan Events (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   get off your butts before we make you [TC APP EVENT] (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79900)

BEAR. March 10th, 2024 08:39 AM

get off your butts before we make you [TC APP EVENT]

Dawn had just started spilling between the branches that loomed over ThunderClan's camp, and the bright red-gold light made Wolfhive squint as he made his way out of the warriors' den. He'd just been speaking to Mudhound [ @Rani] and Redhawk [ @tally] and with them on board, he was ready to gather the apprentices together.

He stopped when he reached the entrance of the apprentice den. He hadn't seen any of them outside on his way over, so unless they'd gone on an early patrol most should be within. "Apprentices! Get up, we got a training session planned for all of you today." He waited a second, giving them the opportunity to peek out and see him before he led them toward camp's exit. He would pause before it, off to a side as to not disturb traffic. Once the apprentice train stopped piling up, he continued.

"I know getting the sessions to complete training can be difficult, so we're doing something a bit different than the usual event. I need you guys to tell us what you haven't trained on or what you'd like to work on. Today's group is going to be split into three: based on what you say, you'll either be going with Mudhound, Redhawk, or myself for practice."

And once they said their topic of desire, he'd break them up accordingly.

---

Calling ALL ThunderClan apprentices!

If you're mentioned, that means you have one active on the allegiances!

This event should be pretty simple: have your apprentice let Wolfhive know where they want more training (hunting, fighting, or climbing) and he'll assign them to the group covering that topic. You will have 2 days to do this before Team Hornets head out of camp to get things rolling.

Note: even if your cat knows the above, they can still participate! It can count for the 2 general requirements or just serve as a brush-up so your apprentice is more prepared for the upcoming ShadowClan battle.

Your cat needs at least 3 posts responding to the training aspect of this roleplay to count toward their rank requirement and get them closer to a warrior ceremony! Posts like "he listened" without attempting to practice the techniques will not be counted, as they are considered low effort and are against the spirit of actively training.

Blazing March 10th, 2024 08:47 AM

Re: get off your butts before we make you [TC APP EVENT]

WOODPAW
Apprentice - ThunderClan - Tom

As he heard the call from Wolfhive, Woodpaw's ears perked up from beside the apprentice den, his pelt well-groomed as he was cleaning his paws. His bright yellow eyes glowed slightly under the beam of the dawn skies as he stood up and made his way over, a slight tilt in his head at what was going to happen today, anticipating it.

Gazing around at fellow apprentices thinking and talking out loud about what they needed to do better of, Woodpaw first searched for the figure of his friend, Acornpaw, to not have spotted her at first. Sighing in a bit of a defeat, and hoping she was not with Blazepaw again, he stood up towards the warrior with a dip of his head in respect. Though unsure if he'd hear from the abundance of apprentices, he meowed, slightly louder than usual, "I'd like to improve my battling techniques." It'll always be mandatory, consider the current tension between the clans.

SeonghwasBunnyEars March 10th, 2024 09:11 AM

Oatpaw woke up. The grieving apprentice looked worn out and depressed as he exited his den. His fur a bit messy and his eyes heavy, his tail dragged in the dirt behind him as he gave himself a few lazy licks. "Battle training... I guess" Oatpaw mewed after a long yawn

Desert Rain Frog March 10th, 2024 09:20 AM

SilverPaw Short Up. Yes, WolfHive? He Said, As Awake As Possible... He'd Gotten Good At That.

Tiabirb March 10th, 2024 10:08 AM

Shadepaw
-------------

The mottled grey she-cat bounded up when she heard some training session was happening. Her eyes actually showed interest rather than bemusement today, and she envied that she hadn't gotten a chance to be in the battle.
"I want to learn battle training!" Shadepaw growled excitedly, lashing her tail, "I want to learn every technique used in the last battle!"

nyx March 10th, 2024 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEAR. (Post 1564505)
Dawn had just started spilling between the branches that loomed over ThunderClan's camp, and the bright red-gold light made Wolfhive squint as he made his way out of the warriors' den. He'd just been speaking to Mudhound [ @Rani] and Redhawk [ @tally] and with them on board, he was ready to gather the apprentices together.

He stopped when he reached the entrance of the apprentice den. He hadn't seen any of them outside on his way over, so unless they'd gone on an early patrol most should be within. "Apprentices! Get up, we got a training session planned for all of you today." He waited a second, giving them the opportunity to peek out and see him before he led them toward camp's exit. He would pause before it, off to a side as to not disturb traffic. Once the apprentice train stopped piling up, he continued.

"I know getting the sessions to complete training can be difficult, so we're doing something a bit different than the usual event. I need you guys to tell us what you haven't trained on or what you'd like to work on. Today's group is going to be split into three: based on what you say, you'll either be going with Mudhound, Redhawk, or myself for practice."

This event should be pretty simple: have your apprentice let Wolfhive know where they want more training (hunting, fighting, or climbing) and he'll assign them to the group covering that topic. You will have 2 days to do this before Team Hornets head out of camp to get things rolling.

Note: even if your cat knows the above, they can still participate! It can count for the 2 general requirements or just serve as a brush-up so your apprentice is more prepared for the upcoming ShadowClan battle.

Your cat needs at least 3 posts responding to the training aspect of this roleplay to count toward their rank requirement and get them closer to a warrior ceremony! Posts like "he listened" without attempting to practice the techniques will not be counted, as they are considered low effort and are against the spirit of actively training.

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ictureid=49352

《 Copperpaw 》
16/100

they/them / thunderclan apprentice / ambitious

The brown tabby jumped up at the mention of training. They've been in camp for a while, not wanting to risk going out without a warrior again. They bounded out of their den to follow the newly made warrior Wolfhive. Copperpaw's fur prickled with antiapation, that will be them one day! They pipped up to talk about his training so they can get started as soon as possible. "Haven't really trained anything yet, but I want to learn how to fight!" Copperpaw swished their tail excitedly.
(@Bear ; Wolfhive )

Hestia! March 10th, 2024 10:44 AM

mousepaw came over and said i'd like to do battle training, please!

dino. March 10th, 2024 10:46 AM

OOO! TRAINING!

At Wolfhive's call, Elkpaw scrambled out of his nest and bolted into the clearing, bouncing up and down on his paws as the others filtered in. "Fighting!" he called out. Redhawk probably wouldn't be okay with it, she seemed very protective, but he wanted to learn!

taillow March 10th, 2024 10:57 AM

Redhawk - ThunderClan Hornet

It was a good idea, the one Wolfhive had come to her and Mudhound with. A flash of excitement shot through her gaze as she watched the apprentice's gather around, noting that so far all of them seemed to want to dive into fighting. Her whiskers twitched in amusement; it looks like this next generation would have some pretty talented fighters.

"Wolfhive asked what you haven't you worked on yet or would like t-to work on, Silverpaw," Red called out gently with a reassuring smile. Perhaps the apprentice hadn't heard Wolfhive the first time, asking the group to say what they wanted to train in.

Just as she asked that question, a familiar voice piped up. Of course Elkpaw would be here, and while the sight of him made her flash a grin towards him, his question was a bit of a different story. Immediate shock registered in her body as Red glanced at Elk. He was far too young for any intense battle training, and so her gaze went to Wolfhive briefly. She knew he wouldn't let anything bad happen to the young tom, but also wouldn't be surprised if he assigned Elk to either hunting or climbing instead. For now she would be quiet.

[ @Desert Rain Frog ]

19796 March 10th, 2024 11:07 AM

Salmonpaw
She-Cat | Thunderclan Apprentice | Mentor : Flutterminnow

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Salmonpaw heard the event and trotted over

Desert Rain Frog March 10th, 2024 11:08 AM

SilverPaw 72/100
He Yawned. Oh, Uhm... Well, Ive Worked On Climbing, Working On Hunting, And AlderCry Is Teaching Me Battle Bacics. He Began Grooming The Moss Out Of His Pelt After He Finished. He Shook His Head And Stretched, Time To Get Productive... He'd Be Doin' A Lot Of Training Today.. But Id Like To Continue Some Of The Hunting, Ive Only Cought One Thing. Water Vole. Id Also Like To Go For More Advanced, Battle Training, Sence Im Just Learning The Basics From AlderCry.
. @tally @Bear @Rani

Shrew March 10th, 2024 12:28 PM

^WispPaw & EchoPaw^

"Battle Training!" EchoPaw said excitedly. "Same I guess," WispPaw sighed.

Spider-in-the-corner March 10th, 2024 12:32 PM

Falling paw heard wolf-hive and walked up "ehh my hunting could use some work and so could my battle traning..." he thought flicking his ears "Battle or hunting training are a few things I could use work on." he said

@tally @Bear @Rani

Starphobia March 10th, 2024 01:40 PM

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
Firepaw
Half-blind, badly scarred she-cat with a single blue eye and red fur
She/Her
[25/100]
. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.
https://i.postimg.cc/DZ1RNpgK/2024-01-19-0ea-Kleki.png
. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.
Firepaw twitched her tail nervously, struggling to meet Wolfhive's eyes.

"Well, uh... I am in need of some.. Battle.. Training.." She trailed off before giving the warrior infront of her a sweet smile that seemed forced.
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

bubble[error]. March 10th, 2024 04:35 PM

*Cherrypaw came*

zozelen March 10th, 2024 06:49 PM

Blazepaw opened his amber eyes, raising his head from his nest. He stretched and began to groom one of his white paws with an unbothered air. "I'll join the battle training," he meowed. It looked like most of the other apprentices were choosing that as well- actually, all of them were, but Blazepaw didn't want to practice his fighting skills just to go along with the crowd. Though he didn't feel insecure to be part of such a big group either. It would just be more cats to spar with, and he had been itching for a real opponent to fight anyways- it just wasn't the same with somecat teaching him.

Ladiebugg March 10th, 2024 10:11 PM

DaylightPaw padded over. Sure, she knew all this stuff, but more training never hurts!

Fawn March 10th, 2024 11:33 PM

https://i.ibb.co/3y2qrhY/beachpixel1.png
°•. info & relations ✿ they/them ✿ finder coming soon ✿ challenge mode! [skill-perk free]   .•°
Beachpaw -
Beachpaw stirred. Their ears twitched up to catch most of the announcement, and with a whoosh of youthful energy they were awake, on their feet, and scuttling to join their denmates in the training.

With Wolfpaw—no, WOLFHIVE—already being a warrior and hornet, it'd been a wakeup call that they seriously needed to get their act together. They were behind!!! Wolfhive wouldn't be caught DEAD with some loser forever-apprentice, probably, but if he would they'd make sure it wasn't going to be them. They wouldn't bring shame to the Wolfhive name!

(he was the greatest friend of all time, kind of a shame he didn't get the chance to beat up Goatscrunch at the request of Beachpaw though)

They squinted at Wolfhive. Wondered what he would be training, because it'd be so cool if they could train with him. … Battle probably. He was rugged and tough, that felt like battle to them. But he could also do hunting, or climbing, since they were convinced he was a master at all of them.

"...I would like the Everything Training, please." Who was the one in charge of teaching that?

Rani March 11th, 2024 12:32 AM

Mudhound
Thunderclan Hornet | They/them | 35 Moons
Bilingual T2 | Flock Together T3 | Rapid Recovery | Beefed up T3

Wow that was a lotta kiddos after fighting lessons! The hornet supposed that made sense, the clan just came off of a huge raid victorious with tales and scars to match. The new ambitious battle hungry apprentices wanted a slice of the glory too, and so needed training for it. Even the worried less eager to fight apprentices this knowledge was essential, for defense against the riled riverclan (and the ever bloodthirsty shadowclan) if nothing else.

Hmmm either Redhawk or them were probably gonna be pulled off of their original plans werent they. Ah well, at least learning would occur! It was nice to see the early turn out so far, and Mudhound even turned to specially call to their own trio. "Swanpaw! Come on over kiddo, hunting with me or fighting with Wolfie, your choice but learning is important!" @Dark "Oh, and Leafpaw and Sprucepaw I know you've both had battle training from me and have hunting but touch ups are always good, not needed though~" @Alchemist Kitsune @Leafy

kittycatburmise March 11th, 2024 04:22 AM

Mallowpaw
36/100

As Wolfhive's call reached her ears, Mallowpaw followed the newly-named Hornet out of camp. Ears pricked as he explained what was going to happen, Mallowpaw thought about what she was going to pick. She was in the process of learning climbing and battle training, and Mushroomcloud had shown her the hunters' crouch.

Eventually she decided. "Battle training."

Starii March 11th, 2024 05:54 AM

Forestpaw bounded into the clearing, following the warriors out of camp; she hasn't gotton ANY training so she was up to learn whatever!

glitch March 11th, 2024 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEAR. (Post 1564505)

---

Calling ALL ThunderClan apprentices!

If you're mentioned, that means you have one active on the allegiances!

Flintpaw bounded up, excited.

Katiethewolfchild March 11th, 2024 10:14 AM

Dogpaw meowed fighting.

Once Beetlepaw signed to Sheeppaw what was happening the deaf large ten moon old meowed fighting.

Beetlepaw was with the other apprentices, the ridiculously tiny mute almost 11 moon old apprentice not sure how she was supposed to tell Wolfhive that she wanted to train in fighting since she doubted that he understood sign language and well she couldn't speak.

Mantispaw meowed fighting, as she knew that knowing how to defend herself would be crucial. All open}

Alchemist Kitsune March 11th, 2024 07:16 PM

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ictureid=41690
| Sprucepaw |
Kitty Softpaws - Active | Ultimate Predator - Inactive | Agatha Kitty - Inactive

Belly up as the first rays of morning light washed over the camp's clearing, the barren, winter dead branches allowing plenty of it to paint the ground a lovely, golden hue, Fudge lay in a rare moment of blissful, peaceful sleep, his breathing slow and stead as he basked in what had promised to be a day all to himself. As much as the apprentice enjoyed spending time with his mentor, he had been working hard of late. Too many patrols and burying of cats and just... nasty things happening all around. He didn't understand all of it, of course, but it didn't mean it didn't stress him out as well. So early in the morning, however, the chocolate point felt oddly safe. It had always been at these earliest hours of the day, when the loners of the street that preferred the night were heading off to whatever hole they called a home and the day dwellers were just waking up that he had been left to his own devices, allowed to just be in this strange space of pause in a world that was otherwise far too much in motion for his tastes.

Unfortunately for the former kittypet, his bliss would not last this morning as an unfamiliar voice began yowling at the top of its lungs, the owner earning an upside down, deadpanned stare. Despite not having been in the den himself - he was late to the den and early out, not enjoying the cramped feeling of it ever since he was young, haunted by memories of the monster that had once lurked within - he could hear the tom clearly as he yowled inside. Ugh... it was far too late for anyone to be this energetic. You see, this is why he picked his little hidden corners in the camp. Who could even get in the mood to deal with that before breakfast? Well, he could certainly not tell you who, but he could most definitely say who couldn't. This tom, right here...

He felt bad for the poor saps in the den who had been ensnared by the far too peppy warrior. In a oh no, so sad, too bad, anyways kind of way. Not in the I will join you, comrades way. He enjoyed his sleep. Closing his eyes, the apprentice snuggled against the dirt, ready to take on more rays and get back to sleep when... Oh no... No no no no. Come on, Boulder. Buddy. It was his day off. Surely they could take pity on his poor, pitiful soul and not have him practice how to beat up other cats for one day, right?

Emerald hues cracking open just a sliver, Fudge considered his options. The Boulder had specifically called for him. Along with two others, but they did not matter in the grand scheme of things. What mattered was that his clan given name had been called... in full. Not Sprucey... no no, Sprucepaw. Which meant The Boulder meant business. Which meant not showing up would probably take a few points off his best apprentice card. Ugh... why? Why did they have to get to this so early?! Fine... Just fine. Besides, with the way everyone kept getting murdered lately, might as well brush up on how to murder back.

A yawn escaping the Birman mix, he stretched, feeling his long legs burn pleasantly before rolling over and getting up, his brown fur still toasty from the dawn sun. Reluctantly, deadpanned, sleepy gaze on his otherwise blank features, the paw walked towards the colossal hornet, granting them a small sniff, equal parts disapproval and letting them know he was here. Look, the important thing was that he had shown up and was ready to get to work. He would be damned, however, if he was expected to silently suffer through it. Well... he would be silent, but he could still silently complain about it, so there. Semantics... no one cared about those anyways.

@Rani [Mudhound]

SuspiciousMindz March 11th, 2024 09:52 PM

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ictureid=45086
[Treepaw] | Trees Friend
​ThunderClan Apprentice
Silver Tongue

Treepaw was summoned from her resting spot. The newest hornet was offering training and considering she was almost finished with hers, she'd take advantage. The assessment would be coming up soon, but no one had properly trained her to hunt. It was a pretty lousy attempt every time she tried, but dammit, she tried!

"I need hunting training," Treepaw spoke when she approached. Her gaze shot from Wolfhive to Redhawk to Mudhound. Her tail tip twitched as she awaited further instruction on where to go.

SpiritedWarrior March 12th, 2024 03:06 PM

Crowpaw

Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty

Oh... yippee. A training session with not one, not even two, but THREE supervisors! And it looked like Redhawk was one of them. Redhawk was his mentor, so of course Crowpaw would be participating. This was good though, wasn't it? He'd be getting one step closer to leaving the apprentice's den and joining his older Clanmates? Probably... though no one will catch me starting any small conversations.

What was it he needed to do again? Oh, right... hunting. I doubt they'd be able to take me and any other apprentice to the ShadowClan border, especially with the hostility between us. It was kind of ridiculous to be in an event headed by a warrior much younger than him. But so long as this event was over with in a decent amount of time and he actually learned something, Wolfhive just might get a small amount of respect from the older apprentice.

"I need to learn how to hunt." The young tom spoke up with a bit of a raspy voice. That was the first time he had spoken since he woke up, and he immediately grimaced at the sound of his voice. Reminder to self: never speak until I've eaten or drank something. Since his father disowned him about seven moons ago, Crowpaw's fur had gotten cleaned up, though it still retained some of that curly appearance in his chest and belly. His mohawk was ruffled, but somewhat kept up better than when he was younger. He had cleaned up a bit when he woke up, which was the first time in multiple moons.

He was somewhat proud of himself for actually taking care of his fur, but he was still skinny. He will be for a bit of time, of course, since it was leaf-bare. But it was a start, right? A couple nights ago, he had met the most wonderful cat he had ever seen and it helped to have that conversation with her. One day we'll meet each other outside of the dreams... I hope it's soon.

Estelle March 12th, 2024 03:20 PM

So... This wasn't mister Crest. But!! Poppy could learn!! She could surprise him by being a mega super amazing apprentice already!! Smiling brightly, the wobbly Poppypaw chirped along with the other cats, leaning heavily on her left paws before stumbling aside with a little laugh.
"Hunt! Hunt!"
Teehee, she needed to know how to hunt! Poppy remembered that silly patrol with the bigcat, she didn't know how to help then! But that would change now!

vellichor March 12th, 2024 03:31 PM

•° Timberpaw °•
Dreamwalker • Flock Together I • Kitty Softpaws

Oh! Training! Training!! The calico cat sprinted over, nearly falling over her own paws in the process. "Me me! Uhh, I'm uh, I dunno anything yet." Hopefully it would be fine. Right? Yes. Right? Surely. Right?? Oh no, now she was kinda nervous.

Eden March 12th, 2024 04:24 PM

https://i.imgur.com/ASaacEh.png
Leafpaw
Dark brown Siamese-Abyssinian-Turkish Angora mix ▵ She/Her
❀•°❀°•❀
‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

Leafpaw came waltzing over, curious to what was going on before Mudhound called out her name. Blue eyes graced the hornet with her attention once she heard her name. She gave no verbal noise to show she heard but instead had taken to coming over towards her mentor. "Guess you got me" she said idly paying mind to the other apprentices gathered around.

@Rani [changed users so my old one didn't work :sob: ]

══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

Sunpaw
▵ She/Her ▵
❀•°❀°•❀
‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

Oh boy, this would be fun, she just knew it especially since she could spot one of her siblings here already and one being called for. Sunpaw couldn't catch sight of her mentor at the moment but that was okay, someone else could teach her. The ginger apprentice couldn't decide on what she wanted to learn, the list was too long for her! "I need a lot of training but battle sounds fun to me!" she shouted, everyone would hear her for sure.

══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

Dark March 12th, 2024 05:39 PM

Swankit

She/Her - They/them
(1/100)

Hearing their name called by their new mentor, Swanpaw poked her head out of her new den. Of course, her rambunctious older brother was already racing out into the clearing, demanding that he be trained in the ways of battle. She was hesitant, she wanted to learn how to hunt, yes, but she also wanted to learn some battle moves so that she could protect Sunpaw…

She was a bit hesitant about not going with her mentor in fear that she’d disappoint them, but this time she was going to follow after her brother. If she could get stronger and protect everyone else, then Mommy and Daddy would be proud of her. Plus, she’d have the opportunity to learn hunting from Mudhound later on. Offering a shy smile to he hornet, she turned and headed over to where Wolfhive was so that she could learn alongside Elkpaw.

[ @Rani ]

taillow March 12th, 2024 10:23 PM

Redhawk - ThunderClan Hornet

With Silverpaw spoken for, the reddish-brown hornet gave a smile and let her gaze travel over the rest of the gathering crowd. Most, unsurprisingly, were gearing towards battle - even her headstrong newest apprentice. A few were hunting. However there were... none for tree climbing. Apprehension dripped like water from a flooding leaf down into her paws and the hornet's whiskers twitched, paws kneading the ground while her tail drooped ever so slightly. She recalled being ecstatic when she was an apprentice to learn how to climb trees but... it seemed like no one here wanted to learn.

That was okay though. Maybe she would just... help out Mudhound or Wolfhive? She first glanced at the tripod, then at the new warrior - a brief flash of defeat in her gaze - before facing forward once more. She wouldn't let herself get too down over this - after all, this was a good turn out! Training the next generation was an honor and Red would do whatever was required of her.

Two that had approached didn't exactly specify what kind of training, but more so seemed to want to learn everything, and to both of them - Beachpaw and Timberpaw - Red offered an encouraging smile. "Hopefully t-this will be a good foundation to sss-start with; afterwards, you can both work with your m-mentors to build off of it!"

[ @Fawn @vellichor - for her direct interaction to the two! :heartbounce: ]

BEAR. March 13th, 2024 06:57 AM

Wolfhive immediately noticed the surplus of apprentices who wanted to do battle training over anything else. That was fine, of course, but it sorta derailed the Hornets plans of having three groups. No one wanted climbing, a pawful wanted to hunt. Several said nothing.

Well, he gave them plenty of time to speak up. He supposed he'd just assign them. He didn't miss the look of defeat on Redhawk's face, but he'd already made up his mind about how they'd go about this, 'n he didn't think she'd mind. "Slight change of plans, Red. We'll just do a merge - you always wanted us to utilize the trees more!" The bright side of this, the apprentices who wanted to fight would get a bonus of climbing training. If they didn't have it before, they'd have it now - another step closer to warriorhood.

He could see Beetlepaw doing something with her tail - and it ilicited a response from Sheeppaw. He didn't really understand what was happening there but figured he'd just lump them together to be safe. He also saw Beachpaw, and noted his request, but the battle-side of things was pretty full and he knew he could cover this topic with him easily later.

"Alright, when I call your name stand by me and Redhawk. We'll be doing a joint session of fighting and climbing, which means if you've had neither, you'll have both under your pelt.

"Woodpaw, Oatpaw, Shadepaw, Copperpaw, Mousepaw, Elkpaw, Wisppaw, Echopaw, Firepaw, Mallowpaw, Dogpaw, Beetlepaw, Sheeppaw, Mantispaw, Timberpaw, Sunpaw, Forestpaw, and Swanpaw.

[ @Blazing @SeonghwasBunnyEars @Tiabirb @nyx @Hestia! @dino. @CrimsonOak @Starphobia @kittycatburmise @Katiethewolfchild @vellichor @Eden @Dark ]

"The next batch of names is going with Mudhound, who's gonna take you hunting. There's a lot of you, 'n we don't want any incidents so make sure you listen to them closely.

[ @Rani will be posting later today to get the hunting crew started. Stay tuned! ]

"Silverpaw, Salmonpaw, Fallingpaw, Cherrypaw, Daylightpaw, Echopaw, Beachpaw, Blazepaw, Flintpaw, Sprucepaw, Treepaw, Crowpaw, Poppypaw, and Leafpaw!"
[ @zozelen @Desert Rain Frog @Merp Machine @Spider-in-the-corner @bubble[error]. @Ladiebugg @Fawn @mars @Alchemist Kitsune @SuspiciousMindz @SpiritedWarrior @Estelle @Eden ]
---
[ BELOW APPLIES ONLY TO THE FIGHTING / CLIMBING GROUP! @tally will be continuing this to go into the battle technique ]

He'd give all the groups an opportunity to gather together, before he began to lead their group out of camp. Wolfhive wasn't taking the battle group far - just away enough from camp to where they'd be outta the way and have enough room for the dozen 'n then some apprentices.

"First things first for this session, you're gonna want to know how to climb a tree. It's easier to use trees that have clawmarks in them, 'cause that tells you where to put your paws. If they don't have that though, you can make it work - look for cracks in the bark where you can hook into." To demonstrate, Wolfhive reared upward to hook his foreclaws into the bark. He made a point of tugging downward, to show his claws had been caught in the crevices. "Then, push upwards with your hindclaws." He pushed himself from the ground and sank his backclaws into the bark, while his foreclaws reached up to latch onto the bark again.

Wolfhive made it up a couple branches before he stopped atop one, looking down at the crew below. "Even if you know how to climb, think of this as a refresher and make it up here. For those who haven't, might take you a try or two, but don't get discourage if it's hard. Just takes practice."

He leapt down from the branch to make room for the apprentices to work their way up. Once they were integrated a bit, Redhawk could take over to go over the battle move she wanted to try.

-- NOTE --

The battle / climbing sessions will count as 2 separate training sessions for the purpose of rank requirements! This means if your cat needs both (or needs to fulfill the 2 general slots), they get both as long as you have at least 3 practice posts going forward. This should include one climbing, one battle, and one of your choice of those topics.

nyx March 13th, 2024 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEAR. (Post 1566375)

Wolfhive immediately noticed the surplus of apprentices who wanted to do battle training over anything else. That was fine, of course, but it sorta derailed the Hornets plans of having three groups. No one wanted climbing, a pawful wanted to hunt. Several said nothing.

Well, he gave them plenty of time to speak up. He supposed he'd just assign them. He didn't miss the look of defeat on Redhawk's face, but he'd already made up his mind about how they'd go about this, 'n he didn't think she'd mind. "Slight change of plans, Red. We'll just do a merge - you always wanted us to utilize the trees more!" The bright side of this, the apprentices who wanted to fight would get a bonus of climbing training. If they didn't have it before, they'd have it now - another step closer to warriorhood.

He could see Beetlepaw doing something with her tail - and it ilicited a response from Sheeppaw. He didn't really understand what was happening there but figured he'd just lump them together to be safe. He also saw Beachpaw, and noted his request, but the battle-side of things was pretty full and he knew he could cover this topic with him easily later.

[b]"Alright, when I call your name stand by me and Redhawk. We'll be doing a joint session of fighting and climbing, which means if you've had neither, you'll have both under your pelt.

"The next batch of names is going with Mudhound, who's gonna take you hunting. There's a lot of you, 'n we don't want any incidents so make sure you listen to them closely.

] will be posting later today to get the hunting crew started. Stay tuned! ]

will be continuing this to go into the battle technique ]

He'd give all the groups an opportunity to gather together, before he began to lead their group out of camp. Wolfhive wasn't taking the battle group far - just away enough from camp to where they'd be outta the way and have enough room for the dozen 'n then some apprentices.

"First things first for this session, you're gonna want to know how to climb a tree. It's easier to use trees that have clawmarks in them, 'cause that tells you where to put your paws. If they don't have that though, you can make it work - look for cracks in the bark where you can hook into." To demonstrate, Wolfhive reared upward to hook his foreclaws into the bark. He made a point of tugging downward, to show his claws had been caught in the crevices. "Then, push upwards with your hindclaws." He pushed himself from the ground and sank his backclaws into the bark, while his foreclaws reached up to latch onto the bark again.

Wolfhive made it up a couple branches before he stopped atop one, looking down at the crew below. "Even if you know how to climb, think of this as a refresher and make it up here. For those who haven't, might take you a try or two, but don't get discourage if it's hard. Just takes practice."

He leapt down from the branch to make room for the apprentices to work their way up. Once they were integrated a bit, Redhawk could take over to go over the battle move she wanted to try.

-- NOTE --

The battle / climbing sessions will count as 2 separate training sessions for the purpose of rank requirements! This means if your cat needs both (or needs to fulfill the 2 general slots), they get both as long as you have at least 3 practice posts going forward. This should include one climbing, one battle, and one of your choice of those topics.

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ictureid=49352

《 Copperpaw 》
25/100

they/them / thunderclan apprentice / ambitious

A wide grin spread across the brown tabby's face. "Perfect! Now I'll get both fighting and tree climbing!" they thought. "I'll come back to Aldercry with so much training!" They stepped next to the Thunderclan hornets as they called their name. They stood with their tail in the air and their claws sheathing and unsheathing in excitement.

They watched carefully as the new Thunderclan hornet show'd them the best way to climb. They stepped forward and inspected the bark for claw marks, like they were just shown. Copperpaw extended their claws and latched them into the claw-marked tree. With a huff, they straightened their hind paws to the tree and looked to make sure they were caught in the grooves.

They very slowly (and wobbly) made their way up the tree, slipping sometimes on the way. Their eyes focused on where they put their paws instead of looking upwards. They climbed onto one of the lower branches and their tail curled around the bark... just in case. They felt a bit sore but they were proud of themselves. "I did it!!" they thought in delight.
(@tally ; Redhawk , @Bear ; Wolfhive )

Starii March 13th, 2024 08:46 AM

Finally! Forestpaw was going to get the training she so needed; she listened closely to the warrios, 'ok, hook you claws into the bark, and jump!' how hard would that be?

She looked around, all the apprentices had already been successful, what if she failed? What if she wasn't able to climb? she looked around nervously; I can't do it, I'm too small, I'm underprepared.

She looked around; maybe someone would be able to help?
@BEAR.
[my cat needs HELP, she is anxious, so please help her!]

BEAR. March 13th, 2024 08:54 AM

Wolfhive noticed Forestpaw seemed a little uncertain, and he moved to join her side. "Take a breath." It was a murmur, an attempt at being soothing. He didn't have a lot of experience comforting others, so hopefully that'd do something? "Start with one paw at a time." They could do it together, even. If that helped.

He beckoned her to join him beneath one of the trees and placed one of his paws against the trunk, claws latching between the bark. "Like this, okay?" They could take it slow. No need to stress over it.

[ @Starii ]

Starii March 13th, 2024 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEAR. (Post 1566406)
Wolfhive noticed Forestpaw seemed a little uncertain, and he moved to join her side. "Take a breath." It was a murmur, an attempt at being soothing. He didn't have a lot of experience comforting others, so hopefully that'd do something? "Start with one paw at a time." They could do it together, even. If that helped.

He beckoned her to join him beneath one of the trees and placed one of his paws against the trunk, claws latching between the bark. "Like this, okay?" They could take it slow. No need to stress over it.

[ @Starii ]

She looked back at the warrior, how helpful! she nodded to him, "sure, one step at a time" she repeated; copying his move she put her right forepaw on the tree; she could feel the park beneath her paw, she sunk her claws deep, using the barks rough texture to her advantage; when she put weight over it, her paw slipped back down to the ground.

"URGH!" she meowed frustrated at herself, I can't make myself climb a stupid tree! What an arsehole I am, she cursed at herself, hoping the senior warrior didn't hear her she tried again; with determination sparkling in her eyes, she tried again, this time with her left forepaw, she did the same process; she found a rough textured area, and sank her claws as deep as she could without breaking them, this time she waited for wolfhive to tell her what to do next 'perhaps there is something else I'm supposed to do before I put the weight on my paws?' she thought to herself.

She looked at the warrior, waiting for his next move.

BEAR. March 13th, 2024 09:15 AM

Judging by her reaction, Wolfhive's attempt at comfort must've been okay. She seemed to refocus her attention on the task at paw - tree climbing. "You got this."

She did not, indeed, have this, as she hooked one paw in and tried to put her weight on it without gripping with her other. Whoops! Maybe he wasn't clear enough? Was his earlier demonstration not a good reference? Wolfhive hadn't trained others on tree climbing before, the plan prior to adaption was that he would be the battle trainer. "Hey, do you remember what I said a bit ago? Climbing isn't easy, it takes practice. Don't let it discourage you -- you'll get the hang of it!"

He used his other paw to hook into the bark, a repeat of how he gripped it with his other paw. "Make sure both your front paws have a secure hold, then you can put your weight on them." He didn't want to go too fast, so he paused to give her time to make the adjustment. "Now you can use your legs to push off the ground, and you wanna latch them into the bark too."

[ @Starii ]

Blazing March 13th, 2024 09:55 AM

WOODPAW

Apprentice - ThunderClan - Tom

Woodpaw paddled forward as his name was called, and he gazed up at the warrior before at the other group of apprentices now surrounding him, also interested in battling. He saw Blazepaw too, which is not surprising.

Continued to listen attentively and quietly, he watched as young Thunderclanners started to attempt to climb one by one. The tabby's eyes glinted as he looked up at the large trees. Won't any apprentices fall if everyone goes like this without order? Walking nearer towards the edge, at one of the trees where there are fewer cats, the apprentice tried climbing.

Listening to Wolfhive, he unsheathed his claw where claw marks could be seen and slowly rose, slipping every so often, yet remaining steady most of the time. Throughout the way, he fell for a bit and had to retry, but it didn't stop him. Taking a deep breath, he finally got to one of the lowest branches after several tries. He clung up and watched as a few others continued to attempt. Some proved to be failing while others were successful.

He should be doing okay.
@Bear @tally

Katiethewolfchild March 13th, 2024 10:20 AM

Dogpaw nodded at Wolfhive's words. She hooked unsheathed claws into the crevices of a tree and climbed up onto one of the lower branches easily, as she had had a climbing lesson back as a kit, as back then the kit curriculum had been mandatory. She had needed a climbing lesson and one other to become an apprentice.

When other apprentices began climbing Sheeppaw hooked unsheathed claws into the crevices of a tree and climbed up onto one of the lower branches as easily, as Dogpaw had, as she had also had a climbing lesson as a kit, as the two sisters were the same age, despite the fact that Sheeppaw was larger than her, as she was larger than most ten moon old apprentices, though she wasn't massive.

Beetlepaw was relieved that she was doing the training she had wanted to do, though she was also training in climbing. She listened to Wolfhive's instructions and when it was her turn hooked unsheathed claws into the crevices of her chosen tree and easily climbed up to a branch, as easily as her two sisters, as she was the same age as her sisters despite her much smaller size and had also had a climbing lesson with the kit curriculum as a kit.

Mantispaw nodded. Having both fighting and climbing training would be quite helpful and help her become a warrior sooner. When they left camp and Wolfhive began instructing them in how to climb and showed them how it was done Mantispaw nodded and watched as some of the other apprentices climbed up a tree. Once she thought she had watched long enough she had a try at it herself. Hooking unsheathed claws into the crevices in the tree, the six-moon old climbed up carefully. She arrived at one of the lower branches without too much trouble. She had wanted to take a climbing kit curriculum lesson, but she hadn't been able to find anyone to teach her. To be utterly honest she had wanted to take a kit curriculum lesson in everything that was offered, but she hadn't been able to find anyone to teach her. @tally @BEAR.

bubble[error]. March 13th, 2024 11:13 AM

*Cherrypaw looked for her group*

( @Desert Rain Frog @Merp Machine @Spider-in-the-corner @Ladiebugg @Fawn @Starii @mars @Alchemist Kitsune @SuspiciousMindz @SpiritedWarrior @Estelle @Eden @BEAR. @tally )

(Wasn't sure if I was supposed to mention all. If not, please let me know so I can delete this and redo it)