Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Roleplay (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   RiverClan Training Island (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52)

Kitty Mama January 19th, 2020 01:02 AM

Re: RiverClan Training Island

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtfur (Post 631415)
The little apprentice growled and dug his claws in the marshy grass. What if Wolfpaw didn't missed and got hit by the paw? With a mumble of unknowable words, he sprint to his mentor to catch.

Wolfpaw's barreling made her smile, at least he was determined! She could give him that! Hazelberry gradually stopped to let him catch up the rest of the way before saying, "I thought we could do battle training after what Lionstar said." Just a little, she didn't want to spend the whole day doing that. Boring. "You know about dodging, what about attacking?"

wolfie January 19th, 2020 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtfur (Post 631329)
@x ghostie

Dirtfur swore that he saw a smile from his apprentice though the dirty cat's vision must be messing with his mind now. The mentor smiled as Wormpaw decided to keep the warrior's secret. He nodded and hoped that Shiverpetal has herbs for eye sickness as well as ear disorders. But what if the medicine cat has none?
He shook his head, remembering the battle move he was meant to teach to his apprentice rather than talking about their problems. "Right...." Dirtfur meowed, pointing his nose to a open space. "Go over there." the small mentor ordered.

wormpaw nodded, walking over to the spot where dirtfur was pointing to. he lowered his head and braced himself to be shooken. he listened carefully-- something he was finally picking up on instead of relying on sight alone. at least his mentor's brown fur stuck out against the leaf-bare background.

FuzzyRatto January 19th, 2020 07:23 PM

@Tundra

Lightstreak's ears pricked up. Was that someone yelling from camp? It was faint. She got up from the crouch. Lightstreak felt concern grow. "Did you hear that?" If her apprentice didn't... Well maybe they should go back anyways. "I think there's something happening back at the camp. Shall we go?" Without waiting for an answer, she turned and started toward the camp.
[If this is unrealistic (Lightstreak and maybe Owlpaw hearing it) tell me, and I'll change it.]

Dirtfur January 20th, 2020 12:25 PM

@Kitty Mama

The black chausie halted beside his mentor. He took some breaths to recover from the running he had. He looked up at Hazelberry, ears twitching. He looked away, trying to remember a time he was trained to attack. "Hm.... I learned how to leap onto a cat's shoulders?" he guessed; his mind was blank and couldn't think of a memory. "That's all I know."

~~~~
@x ghostie

The tabby mentor watched as Wormpaw stood onto the spot. "First, you grab the hold of your opponent's scruff." the old warrior explained, padding towards his apprentice and bit softly on his scruff, this is a practice so there's no need to bite deeper or shook Wormpaw violently. Dirtfur mumbled through the apprentice's fur, "Then you clench your teef into the fur in order to have a good grip."

wolfie January 20th, 2020 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtfur (Post 631809)
@x ghostie

The tabby mentor watched as Wormpaw stood onto the spot. "First, you grab the hold of your opponent's scruff." the old warrior explained, padding towards his apprentice and bit softly on his scruff, this is a practice so there's no need to bite deeper or shook Wormpaw violently. Dirtfur mumbled through the apprentice's fur, "Then you clench your teef into the fur in order to have a good grip."

wormpaw flinch out of habit but relax his muscles from the contact. it tickled. everything in his body was telling him to shake the tom off. he nodded slowly, clenching his teeth to practice. "got it, let me try now, " he mew-- duck his head to break away from the warrior' soft grip. he turned around, his tail flickering. wormpaw seem to be generally excited at the new move. it seemed pretty easy.

Dirtfur January 20th, 2020 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x ghostie (Post 631907)
wormpaw flinch out of habit but relax his muscles from the contact. it tickled. everything in his body was telling him to shake the tom off. he nodded slowly, clenching his teeth to practice. "got it, let me try now, " he mew-- duck his head to break away from the warrior' soft grip. he turned around, his tail flickering. wormpaw seem to be generally excited at the new move. it seemed pretty easy.

Dirtfur let go of his apprentice's scruff. He sat down and let Wormpaw try.

Kitty Mama January 20th, 2020 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtfur (Post 631809)
@Kitty Mama

The black chausie halted beside his mentor. He took some breaths to recover from the running he had. He looked up at Hazelberry, ears twitching. He looked away, trying to remember a time he was trained to attack. "Hm.... I learned how to leap onto a cat's shoulders?" he guessed; his mind was blank and couldn't think of a memory. "That's all I know."

Hazelberry took note of that but then replied, "See, I'm not really that fond of traditional learning and I don't think that's a good way to memorize battle moves. You're not going to think about what I taught you during a battle against a stinky Shadowclanner, you're just going to do it." Fluffing out her coat and getting into a crouch, her whiskers twitched. "Let's just try a little skirmish. Ready? Go!"

wolfie January 20th, 2020 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtfur (Post 631912)
Dirtfur let go of his apprentice's scruff. He sat down and let Wormpaw try.

wormpaw nodded, padding a few paw-lengths away before turning back around. he rushed at dirtfur, weaving his body so he would turn instead of crashing into the warrior- he twisted his head and gently sunk his teeth into dirtfur's scruff. he shook his head, giving the ol' tom a good shake. wormpaw took a few steps back after he was finished, scrunching his face up. "dirt's in my mouth ! bleh!" he stuck out his tongue, grimacing. not tasty :''(.

Dirtfur January 20th, 2020 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x ghostie (Post 632066)
wormpaw nodded, padding a few paw-lengths away before turning back around. he rushed at dirtfur, weaving his body so he would turn instead of crashing into the warrior- he twisted his head and gently sunk his teeth into dirtfur's scruff. he shook his head, giving the ol' tom a good shake. wormpaw took a few steps back after he was finished, scrunching his face up. "dirt's in my mouth ! bleh!" he stuck out his tongue, grimacing. not tasty :''(.

Dirtfur felt a small tug from his apprentice and a shook, though not violently. As Wormpaw backed away and complaining, the dusty tomcat smirked to himself for his clever idea of using debris on his scruff. "Well done, how's the taste of my scruff?" he teased to the tall apprentice.

FuzzyRatto January 21st, 2020 07:02 PM

@Tundra

Ah, well. It was probably fine. Lightstreak looked back at Owlpaw. The bird was gone, but she could use this time to critique her apprentice's stance. She walked over and pushed Owlpaw's hind legs together a little more. "Close. Keep your legs closer together, though. You want more height; without it, if the bird flies away, you won't land on top of it." Smell anything else? We can't go back empty-pawed." She parted her jaws and scanned the island's scents again. "There are others here too, now."