Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   ShadowClan (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   ShadowClan Territory (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28)

Rose April 20th, 2024 02:33 AM

Re: ShadowClan Territory

She/Her | Purrks Overlook

Marigold. They had so little of it. Lostspark intended to change that. So early in the morning (or late at night), well before first light, the seemingly blind molly trekked out into the territory. 'Course, she could see perfectly well, but had Lostspark really been blind... well, she was pretty sure she could still make her way through these woods sightless.

Smirking slightly to herself at the challenge she'd unintentionally posed herself, the Medicine Cat immediately sealed her eyes shut. Her gait instantly slowed on instinct, but her gait was strong and assured. Her mind whirred, mapping out mentally a path to take. Her other senses heightened, ears swiveling with the faintest of sounds, nose picking up on the scents of the cats who'd traveled down this path just as she had.

Her strides were even and long, and Lostspark was grinning, fangs flashing white in the dark, as she stopped beside a familiar scent, one she had been searching for. Amber eyes finally opening, Lostspark cocked her head, inspecting the marigold bunch. This would do nicely. Her heart thrummed still with the glee of knowing she still had it - that mental map of ShadowClan's territory. Her muscle memory from the small while she'd been blind still stood strong in the forefront of her mind, and Lostspark intended not to lose that skill.

So after picking up that bundle of marigold flowers, Lostspark retraced her steps back home once more, eyes closed again, and her smell slightly hindered by the marigold in her maw.

[ +5 Marigold ]

SuspiciousMindz April 21st, 2024 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolomedes (Post 1579938)
https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ictureid=50120
Moonmeadow
| She/they | ShC warrior | Moons: 21 | Purrks: Shadow Fiend |Beefed Up Tier 1 |

Moonmeadow cheered out when they heard the call of Hawkbite ending the final round. Yes! That's how it's done alright! The warrior squeezed out from the tree roots that lined the camp and shook out their fur, keeping an ear on Hawkbite as he went through the last few things. As she picked some of the remnants of the tree bark that stuck to their fur, Moonmeadow cleaned swiftly before coming forth to gather around Hawkbite as directed. Other apprentices and kits joined but...ummm...no other warriors, surely her fellow warriors had a bit more in them? Maybe they weren't taking it as seriously because it was a game, lazy in Moonmeadow's opinion, but they won so they weren't going to complain much. She smiled and purred as Hawkbit listed the apprentices that won and offered a pleased swoosh of their tail.

Then Hawkbite signed her out, likely for being the only warrior and asked to have her follow. Moonmeadow smiled and nodded with a small 'sure thing,' before she was on her paws and following the enforcer out of camp and into the territory. When they finally slowed to a stop, the walk having left Moonmeadow wondering what kind of prize Hawkbite was going to offer her, under the shade of a pine tree the enforcer sat. Moonmeadow copied and gave the enforcer a smile, "What's so secret abou-"

Oh, Oh!! Moonmeadow certainly wasn't expecting such a question. Though, the question as it was being asked after a game of seek was kind of a bit silly. "Me being an enforcer? Now that's a thought, isn't it." Moonmeadow thought about it, being an enforcer around camp. It would mean that she could do better about taking care of apprentice training concerns, and being able to help around camp in ways that they previously couldn't, but there was no way that she was being offered such a thing, right? Moonmeadow wasn't as talented a warrior as Hawkbite or Mistlewhisker or Darkfall or any of the enforcers. Surely not, Moonmeadow almost hoped she wouldn't because while recognition was nice, Moonmeadow had only ever done her job and then helped out as she could, that should be the low bar for warriors. She took a breath, starting slowly, "Well, I suppose that I never thought of myself as anything other than a warrior, and as much as I would like to be an enforcer, being able to help in ways I couldn't before, I just...I don't know, it feels almost wrong to be rewarded for something that I feel should be the average for a warrior, you know? Almost like, I shouldn't even be considered for such a position...but I would love to be one if you see me fit."

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ictureid=49521
[Hawkbite]
Enforcer Commander
Shadow Fiend | Agatha Kitty

Hawkbite's whiskers twitched in amusement. If Moonmeadow truly thought the event win was the sole reason for the question, then she'd be humbled in a moment. Quietly, he'd ponder her response, but nod a little as if he understood. There was two spots open and needing filled and Dawnstar had instructed he keep an eye on this warrior for one. So, he had. She was right, as always and now Hawkbite was confronting the warrior about the decision.

"We'd been watching you for a bit and you assisted with Midnightpaw's fox kill training. That was another test I threw at you," Hawkbite began, blinking that stoic gaze of his. "The event win was just an excuse for me to present the option to you and if you want it, I'll bring it up to Dawnstar. So, do you want to be an Enforcer?" Hawkbite spoke. He didn't need the self-doubt answer he'd received, he needed a simple yes or no. Did this warrior want the rank or not?

Dolomedes April 21st, 2024 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuspiciousMindz (Post 1581766)

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer Commander
Shadow Fiend | Agatha Kitty

Hawkbite's whiskers twitched in amusement. If Moonmeadow truly thought the event win was the sole reason for the question, then she'd be humbled in a moment. Quietly, he'd ponder her response, but nod a little as if he understood. There was two spots open and needing filled and Dawnstar had instructed he keep an eye on this warrior for one. So, he had. She was right, as always and now Hawkbite was confronting the warrior about the decision.

"We'd been watching you for a bit and you assisted with Midnightpaw's fox kill training. That was another test I threw at you," Hawkbite began, blinking that stoic gaze of his. "The event win was just an excuse for me to present the option to you and if you want it, I'll bring it up to Dawnstar. So, do you want to be an Enforcer?" Hawkbite spoke. He didn't need the self-doubt answer he'd received, he needed a simple yes or no. Did this warrior want the rank or not?

Moonmeadow
| She/they | ShC warrior | Moons: 22 | Purrks: Shadow Fiend |Beefed Up Tier 1 |

Moonmeadow stalled for a moment more, trying to put her own thoughts in order but eventually she decided that she would certainly regret not trying for this opportunity. The feline nodded, "Yes, I want to be an enforcer." There, much better than the messy answer that they gave moments before. Still they really weren't sure that they would live up to the Shadow Queen's expectations, same with Mistlewhisker and Hawkbite but she would try. She already put her all into what she does for Shadowclan so she'll just have to do even more, easy enough! He also brought up the fox fight. That had been something, but they hadn't thought it a test for themself. Well. They waited for Hawkbite's response, she took a moment to lay her tail across her tail. Regardless of the outcome, at least she has done well enough to be considered for something like this.

taillow April 26th, 2024 08:51 AM

MIREPAW
she/her | shadowclan apprentice | 6 moons

Trotting out of camp after Starlingstreak, Mirepaw couldn't help the 'o' shape her mouth took on as she gazed around at the tall trees around her. Everything out here was so big! The black-and-gray apprentice nearly tripped over her own paws from not paying attention, blue-green eyes snapping back towards her mentor. The hunter's crouch? "What's that?" she piped up, unsure really what the older warrior meant by that. Was 'crouching' like 'crawling'? They sounded similar but the apprentice wasn't too sure.

Glancing at Howls, she nudged her sister and tried to whisper in her ear - though didn't realize that their mentor could likely hear them. "Psst, Howls, do you know what 'crouching' is?" Howls had to know - she knew everything! Mire was confident that she'd get an answer, and then she'd be able to impress her mentor!

[ Starlingstreak - @carmen ] [ Iceclaw - @Starphobia ] [ Heronpaw - @stag ] [ Wispypaw - @Eden ]

Starphobia April 26th, 2024 09:06 AM

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
Iceclaw
Blind white furred tom with pale blue, almost white, siamese points and long, non-sheathable claws. They’re cold! Perhaps they’re ice?
He/Him | 30 Moons | Aggresive, Harsh
. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.
https://i.postimg.cc/vHmtRWT8/2024-02-08-0uh-Kleki.png
. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.
With a sigh, he turned to the direction of where Mirepaw's voice came, thinking whether or not to answer the apprentice. After a moment, he decided not to, the question was directed to him, was it? He found no importance in answering a question that was directly asked to him. It was common manners, really.
He heard Mirepaw whisper something but he couldn't make up what it was. Iceclaw frowned. He was already blind, was he going deaf, too?

{ @taillow }
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

carmen April 26th, 2024 08:36 PM

starlingstreak

so the kiddo didn’t know what the hunters’ crouch was. oh dear. she shouldn’t have been surprised, she was barely six moons afterall, but uh, how was she supposed to proceed. ah, nevermind. the show must go in. come rain, come sleet, come snow. the show must go on, and so it would. she was a trendsetter, not a dissapointment. she would never disappoint, could never disappoint. and today would be no different.

as the apprentice leaned over to whisper to her sister, starlingstreak smiled.“ah! no worries, dearie! i’ll be teaching the both of ya, then we can head on back, alright?”

“the hunters crouch is a little thing us warriors find important. while hunting, it helps to have a specific stance to use, our ‘hunters crouch.’ it helps with staying quiet and keeping hidden. here i’ll show ya.” she took a few steps back before dropping into the stance, tail hovering above the ground as she took a few steps forward. starling sat up, twitching her tail as though bowing. “now you try. it’s alright if you don’t get it your first try, there’s always later.”

after giving them a chance to test it out, she’d turn back towards the trees, raising her nose to the air. “do you two want to see some hunting in action?” it wasn’t so much a request. they would watch her hunt and they would be impressed. she was wonderful, how could they not? catching the scent of a shrew, she’d pace forward, dropping into a crouch before eventually leaping onto its back. nice. risking a glance backwards to see if the others had seen, she continued onwards, eyes alighting on the plump form of a thrush.

ohoho, it had no idea what was coming for it. (it was starlingstreak. she was going to eat it later. revel in her glory and all that jazz.) this time, the approach was slower, toe-beans moving silently across the ground until she was just close enough to leap onto its back.

returning to the pair with the bird in her mouth, starling grabbed the shrew from the ground. “lets find the others!” the words had become mangled around her prey, falling out in an untelligable spattering of giberish. ah how unfortunate, but an actor did not dwell.

[ @taillow - @Starphobia - @stag - @Eden ]

[ ok so lowkey this got terribly messed up, i’ll be reported it now, but if you all need/want to get one more post out, go for it aha. i’m so sorry :sob: ]

ChaosBringer. April 27th, 2024 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertaker (Post 1579038)

[My bad for the late reply, I thought I had replied to this]
Dawnstar observed Cryingelk's frog-hunting attempt and admitted it wasn't too bad. It could have been worse. He caught the frog though. Padding over to the apprentice, she grunted in acceptance. "Well, you caught it. Your technique could use a little work, but, all in all, not bad."She meowed, eyeing the dead frog.

"You've proven you can hunt around here, you know the territory." Dawnstar quietly began listing off what he needed to learn to become a full warrior. "Your stealth's not bad, I'll have to check how well you fight, but that can be later. Grab what you caught, we're heading back to camp." She ordered. Once she was assured that Cryingelk could handle himself in a battle, she could move him to the warrior den.

Cryingelk(20/100)

Cryingelk felt like the stars had given him wings to fly. He smiled excitedly at Dawnstar's words and nodded. Cryingelk pawed at the ground where he buried the mouse and picked that up.

[ +1 mouse +1 frog]

Omari May 1st, 2024 03:34 PM

Midnightpaw
Shadowclan
She/her
74/100

As she watched Honeybite’s example, she found herself getting pretty excited, in all honesty. Tree climbing could be pretty useful, and maybe even a little bit entertaining! Perhaps it could help her with ambushing in the future, or–well, she didn’t know, but it was a skill that not everyone possessed, she knew that for certain.

Midnightpaw’s lip quirked up into a smile for a moment, but only a moment, before she wore that same blank expression as before. Seeing a cat on their hind paws was a bit funny–it was just so unnatural that she couldn’t help but find some entertainment in the sight of it. “Okay, giving it a shot now!”

The black furred molly sidled up to her tree of choice, which was one that was just next to the one that Honeybite had used for their example. Her approach was a lot less nice to look at, as she sprang upward and dug her claws into the bark, slowly dragging her claws downwards as she tried to position her hind paws comfortably behind her. Slowly but surely, she managed to find comfort in her upward stance, and her eyes darted to the warrior nearby. “There! All ready to get going with the next step.”

[ @Abyssopelagic ]

.Sunshine. May 7th, 2024 10:19 AM

Loonbay
a white fluffy she-cat with black stripes and vibrent green eyes
she/her

marigolds and cobwebs-. lets see ah! here we are. she looked around in a bush she found and ended up finding a few! [+3 cobwebs] she purred happily.

(we were supposed to go here /w\ @Zei @Spider-in-the-corner)

Dolomedes May 7th, 2024 08:02 PM

Moonmeadow
| She/they | ShC warrior | Moons: 22 | Purrks: Shadow Fiend |Beefed Up Tier 1 |

Moonmeadow heaved a sigh as she watched Sootspirit do as she asked with little fighting, not that the warrior expected them to, it was more so she was fearing Sootspirit would fight to stay back and stay. Her hazy green eyes moved from Flashpaw and Sootspirit’s fading forms and back to the case at paw. Foreststrike, if Moonmeadow’s memory serves them well enough. The warrior didn’t see much of the other but Moonmeadow wasn’t exactly one to pay attention all the time, she got a bit tunnel vision-y when it came to work. Speaking of, she should get to that. Now then, to preface, Moonmeadow wasn’t an expert, but it didn’t take an expert to know that this was a murder and one that was incredibly gruesome at that.

There seemed to be chunks of flesh taken off the body as though eaten and Moonmeadow’s mind immediately went to the minks but this wasn’t too near there and there wasn’t a single lick of anything nearby that held that scent or any other predators. Not even anything stale, there were no other clan scents either and besides the body there seemed to be no evidence there was even a murder really. The forest was quiet and held secrets with no clues suggesting anything. Her mind went to the gathering, what Thunderclan had accused Shadowclan of and for a moment she couldn’t help but think… but no, no cat would do something like that. Perhaps something had killed him and some critters got to him before they did. Obviously he’d been here for some time. Though like the warrior said before, she was no expert and what she should do was bring him back to camp where Lost and Mossy could get a look, and then get this poor fellow a proper burial.

There was nothing else to find here and nothing would be lost from moving the body, at least by Moonmeadow’s standards. So after thoroughly checking through the nearby areas again just in case she missed something and then the body in its current state. She grimaced when the realization that she would have to carry the corpse hit her but Moonmeadow didn’t let that make her freeze for very long. She heaved the other warrior onto her back, “Come on then, can’t keep everyone waiting.” She was sure that Dawnstar had already been informed by the time Moonmeadow had made it outside of the camp and she gently laid the body right outside of the exit. The kits and apprentices, hell, even some of the warriors didn’t deserve to see the poor guy in this state. And the stench of death would linger for a long while. The warrior waited for any of the enforcers or Dawnstar herself to come out with Flash’ and Soot’.
[ @Undertaker - Dawnstar | @zBlaze - Flashpaw | @Maybi - Sootspirit ]
[ Didn't know where I should post this so I hope this is fine! Please vm me immediately if something about this post is wrong! ]
https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ictureid=48958
Moonmeadow gif made by ramen!

Ragwort May 8th, 2024 08:03 AM

, @.Sunshine. @Spider-in-the-corner

popping out of some tall grass with 2 marigold flowers in his mouth he meowed "shall we return?"

Spider-in-the-corner May 8th, 2024 05:48 PM

@.Sunshine. @Zei

Floodpaw put her face in a bush she stepped back and had cobweb in her fur "Got some!" she purred

(1+ cobweb)

.Sunshine. May 8th, 2024 06:02 PM

Yea i think we can go. hopefully this should be enough. she spotted her apprentice and purred in approval. then she started padding back to camp.

@Zei @Spider-in-the-corner

Neptune. May 9th, 2024 02:08 PM

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ictureid=50865
Petalrot
~<>~
29 moons || bug/bug’s || ShadowClan Warrior
slim tortoiseshell w/ white tuxedo markings; green eyes

"This is unnamed lands," bug says as bug guides Batpaw through the territory, weaving around trees and bushes, padding lightly along the soft floor of carpet moss and pine needles. "I imagine you've seen this before, but it's important to be very familiar with our territory, so another look isn't a bad idea." Bug leads bug's apprentice around a cluster of three trees together, watching with little interest as a beetle scampers up the trunk. "We live among the evergreens and the marshes, our forest floor is coated in plush moss, ferns, and pine. If you ever need to sneak around, stick to the moss, it'll dampen the noise of your pawsteps. Familiarize yourself for a moment, and then we'll continue." Petalrot takes a seat, waiting for comments or questions, or for Batpaw to simply be ready to move on - whatever came first.

[ @silver. ]

silver. May 9th, 2024 02:16 PM

batpaw
he/him // 16 moons // shc apprentice
purrks: shadow fiend, burn baby burn

---

Ah, yes, an area he was remotely familiar with. Though it was a bit annoying to be shown territory he already knew, he supposes it doesn't hurt to cover all the bases. Looking bug over as bug takes a seat, the young tom listens to bug's words with an expression of boredom. He was one of the sneakiest cats in the entire damn clan. Of course he knew that! Or rather even if he didn't know that it had never been a problem for him in the past. Hmph.

"I've been here before. We don't need to linger for long." One more sweep around the territory and he glances back to bug with a nod, a snide grin pulling at his lips. "Unless there's actually something interesting about these unnamed lands."

petalrot | @Neptune.

Wingnettle May 11th, 2024 11:52 AM

Lynxshade
Shadowclan Enforcer
33 moons | she/her

Shadow Fiend | Primal Instincts | Beefed Up (T3) | Bilingual (T3)
Lynxshade led Gracklepaw in a cornered place in Shadowclan territory, one where a small river trickled between the rocks covered by pine needles. It was silent, peaceful and especially free from other cats roaming around. The perfect place for a lesson. She'd hate being disturbed in the middle of it.

The Enforcer turned around and sat down, letting the squirrel in her jaw fall on the ground with a small thump. She put her paw on it and stared at the apprentice for a few moments, before speaking.
"So, Gracklepaw... tell me why you'd like to learn how to skin prey." Her serious gaze squared the young cat from tail tip to ears. This was her first lesson in this type of... practice.

Abyssopelagic May 11th, 2024 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omari (Post 1585051)
Midnightpaw
Shadowclan
She/her
74/100

As she watched Honeybite’s example, she found herself getting pretty excited, in all honesty. Tree climbing could be pretty useful, and maybe even a little bit entertaining! Perhaps it could help her with ambushing in the future, or–well, she didn’t know, but it was a skill that not everyone possessed, she knew that for certain.

Midnightpaw’s lip quirked up into a smile for a moment, but only a moment, before she wore that same blank expression as before. Seeing a cat on their hind paws was a bit funny–it was just so unnatural that she couldn’t help but find some entertainment in the sight of it. “Okay, giving it a shot now!”

The black furred molly sidled up to her tree of choice, which was one that was just next to the one that Honeybite had used for their example. Her approach was a lot less nice to look at, as she sprang upward and dug her claws into the bark, slowly dragging her claws downwards as she tried to position her hind paws comfortably behind her. Slowly but surely, she managed to find comfort in her upward stance, and her eyes darted to the warrior nearby. “There! All ready to get going with the next step.”

[ @Abyssopelagic ]

\\I am literally so sorry for how long this took asdfghj//

Honeybite takes a moment to look over Midnightpaw's form, and could only roll her eyes (a good humored eye roll, mind you) at the humor the apprentice saw in the situation. Standing as such was, in fact, silly, but it was a good way for beginners to learn.
Her technique wasn't elegant, but neither had the warrior's been, and it was effective for today's needs, and they could always work on getting this down to a faster method.

The warrior nodded, a sign of approval of Midnightpaw's form. The bi-coloured warrior returned to the tree she'd taken up position previously, returned to her stance, and looked back to Midnightpaw.
"Now, with your claws firmly pressed into the bark, lift one of your hind paws to replicate the position your front one's have taken. This will put some weight on your claws, and while it might feel weird, unless it is painful, there is no reason to worry about it. This will also test if your claws are secure enough before we start actually climbing."
Honeybite does as she's instructed the apprentice to show her how to do it. The weight of her small form hanging by her claws is familiar, and the urge to sprint up the tree overwhelms her.
She flicks her tail to distract the part of her that seems to forget that they are meant to be teaching.
"When your grip on all three paws is secure, lift your final paw to grab the bark. This will test your stance and your grasp. A secure hold will keep you up. Though do not worry if you need to re-try. It took me many attempts before I could properly hold on when I'd been little."
She paused, processing her own words, before remembering her slight build and more slight stature. She swung her head towards Midnightpaw.
"Littler, I suppose would be the proper word."
And if the apprentice wished to make her own joke, so be it. She was in a good mood today.

chickadee May 12th, 2024 01:33 PM

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ictureid=52332
(header image by @/marigoldwhisper!)

Gracklepaw
11 moons || ShadowClan || 49/100

. . .

Gracklepaw trailed behind the enforcer through the ShadowClan territory. He observed her every move, from how she carried herself to even the slightest flick of her ear or tail. To say that he looked up to ShadowClan's guards and enforcers was quite the understatement.

He stopped as they reached the secluded area, and sat down after she did. His eyes flickered to the squirrel on the ground back up to Lynxshade. [I]Why did he want to learn to flay?[lI] That was a good question.

His blue eyes met hers as he spoke. He wanted to exude confidence, despite his nervousness from her serious gaze. He sat up a little straighter and began to speak clearly. "I'd never met a cat who could flay before I joined this Clan. I knew that there were cats and other animals that could, but I would've never got the chance to learn before now."

He took a deep breath as he continued. "I used to be what the Clan's call a loner before Dawnstar allowed me to join ShadowClan. I've noticed that flaying seems to be a unique skill to ShadowClan, and lots of cats like to decorate their dens with pelts. I'd like to learn and participate in the tradition of flaying too," Manners, Grackle. He reminded himself then quickly added on, "ma'am."

. . .

@Wingnettle

silver. May 13th, 2024 07:42 PM

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...733543&thumb=1
batpaw
12/100

---

Making his way out into the territory, he scoffs and begins his hunt. If the other two weren't going to put the effort forth into this patrol, he at least could avoid punishment. So he lifts his nose to the air and opens his mouth to make an attempt to scent something. Anything, nearby. All he's scenting is frog so he guesses that's what he's going to be going after. Creeping along toward where the ground becomes more of a marsh, he's on high alert for the crying prey animals, orange hues on the lookout for leaping movement.

[ Batpaw rolled a 10 to catch a frog. ]

The slimy thing is almost too fast for him! But not fast enough. For the Leader of Darkness catches the frog by it's hind leg as it tries to jump toward water for safety. He hated the taste of frog but food was food. Tugging it toward himself he delivers a killing bit and drags it away from the small body of water it was trying to escape into.

honeyspot | @f0rg0tt3n_v0id // badgerstripe | @Honey Bee

[ +1 frog ]

f0rg0tt3n_v0id May 13th, 2024 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver. (Post 1590253)
batpaw
12/100

---

Making his way out into the territory, he scoffs and begins his hunt. If the other two weren't going to put the effort forth into this patrol, he at least could avoid punishment. So he lifts his nose to the air and opens his mouth to make an attempt to scent something. Anything, nearby. All he's scenting is frog so he guesses that's what he's going to be going after. Creeping along toward where the ground becomes more of a marsh, he's on high alert for the crying prey animals, orange hues on the lookout for leaping movement.

[ Batpaw rolled a 10 to catch a frog. ]

The slimy thing is almost too fast for him! But not fast enough. For the Leader of Darkness catches the frog by it's hind leg as it tries to jump toward water for safety. He hated the taste of frog but food was food. Tugging it toward himself he delivers a killing bit and drags it away from the small body of water it was trying to escape into.

[ +1 frog ]

♱⁺.⊹꒦HoneySpot || She-Cat || ShadowClan Warrior || 20 moons || Bi꒦⊹.⁺♱

Tagz: @silver. , @Honey Bee
Honeyspot follows then moves away from the tom, to do some hunting as well. She sniffed out the enviroment around her. Her ears twitched as she heard a sound from a bush near her. Honeyspot couches down into hunting position, moving stalking towards the bush, before pouncing and digging her claws into a rabbit. The rabbit let out a loud squeal as it fights for its life. Honeyspot quickly bit into the rabbit's neck, ending its life there.

Wingnettle May 14th, 2024 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickadee (Post 1589593)
https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ictureid=52332
(header image by @/marigoldwhisper!)

Gracklepaw
11 moons || ShadowClan || 49/100

. . .

Gracklepaw trailed behind the enforcer through the ShadowClan territory. He observed her every move, from how she carried herself to even the slightest flick of her ear or tail. To say that he looked up to ShadowClan's guards and enforcers was quite the understatement.

He stopped as they reached the secluded area, and sat down after she did. His eyes flickered to the squirrel on the ground back up to Lynxshade. [I]Why did he want to learn to flay?[lI] That was a good question.

His blue eyes met hers as he spoke. He wanted to exude confidence, despite his nervousness from her serious gaze. He sat up a little straighter and began to speak clearly. "I'd never met a cat who could flay before I joined this Clan. I knew that there were cats and other animals that could, but I would've never got the chance to learn before now."

He took a deep breath as he continued. "I used to be what the Clan's call a loner before Dawnstar allowed me to join ShadowClan. I've noticed that flaying seems to be a unique skill to ShadowClan, and lots of cats like to decorate their dens with pelts. I'd like to learn and participate in the tradition of flaying too," Manners, Grackle. He reminded himself then quickly added on, "ma'am."

. . .

@Wingnettle

Lynxshade
Shadowclan Enforcer
33 moons | she/her

Shadow Fiend | Primal Instincts | Beefed Up (T3) | Bilingual (T3)
Lynxshade observed the apprentice quietly, silently cursing herself for not having chosen a rabbit instead of a scrawny squirrel. It would've been easier with bigger prey, but she would have to do with what she had.

"You see, this practice became famous after Dawnstar started claiming the pelts of cats she killed in battle, and soon other warriors started following her example. But... I'm not teaching you to do the same. Dawnstar has her beliefs, but I believe that every cat fallen in battle should keep their honor and dignity and be buried by their beloved ones as we would like to do with ours. Now, tell me again. Why do you want to learn this practice?"

Lynxshade's green gaze burned into the apprentice's, making no moves, staying silent until he spoke. She wasn't really interested in what he would tell her. Every cat in Shadowclan had the right to follow their choices, even if unfortunately they didn't match with the Warrior Code that Dawnstar so obstinately rejected. She was just curious.

She hold a paw pressed on the squirrel, her sharp claws unsheathed. The scent of death rose up to her nostrils, but she welcomed it.

Rose May 14th, 2024 02:28 PM

Lostspark had slowed down once she'd heard Mirepaw scampering after her, the reason behind her slowed pace being both for her daughter's shorter legs and so that Redrobin would have time to cool down a tad bit.

Smiling softly down at Mirepaw, Lostspark gently ran her tail along the younger feline's spine. "Have you had your territory tour yet?" She asked idly as they followed Redrobin's scent trail. It was a little while later that they caught up to the cat in question. "Ah, there you are." Lostspark said, mostly in greeting so Redrobin would not be startled by their sudden appearance.

[ @paris - Redrobin / @taillow - Mirepaw ]

taillow May 14th, 2024 02:34 PM

MIREPAW
she/her | shadowclan apprentice | 7 moons
As she felt her mother's tail on her back, Mirepaw let out a purr and rubbed her head along Mama's flank, standing on her tip toes to do so. "Not yet! But I've been the RiverClan border! Robin-cat actually took me!!" She remembered the way she had felt relaxed around the older cat, which made her mean words towards Mama all the more confusing. Maybe Robin-cat was just having a bad day?? Papa had been kinda scary...

"Hi!" The young apprentice waved her tail in greeting, standing beside Mama as she attempted to smile at the cat. Yeah, maybe she was just having a bad day. If Mama wasn't going to be upset, then Mirepaw wouldn't be either. "I, um, didn't mean to make you upset! I'm sorry if I did. I just didn't want my Mama to be sad, that's all." Oh, wait, but would that come across as though she wanted the other cat to be sad? Mire didn't want any cat to be sad! "But - I don't want you to be sad either!"

[ Lostspark - @Rose ] [ Redrobin - @paris ]

paris May 14th, 2024 02:54 PM

Redrobin turned to see Lostspark with Mirepaw right behind her, and Redrobin felt her fur lay flat at the sight of Lostspark's daughter. She bent her neck to touch her nose to the young apprentice's head between her ears.

''Don't worry, Mirepaw. It wasn't you,'' Redrobin purred, though it was shaky. ''If I had to say it was a specific cat, then that cat most definitely would have been Darkfall.''

Redrobin glanced at Lostspark. ''Lynxshade had me take her and Tuftedtusk out to mark the border with RiverClan.''

She looked at Lostspark. ''I'm....sorry, Lostspark. I'm sorry that I got all worked up. It's just....It's just hard, you know. I want ShadowClan to be the best it can be, and I guess that I just wasn't thinking straight at the moment - especially after my sister's death..''

Applestream [ NPC ] had passed away recently, and it had broken Redrobin's heart and tore away most of the patience that she had had back then. ''I know that Mirepaw might disagree with me on this, but if I had to say I had a favorite cat, it would have been Applestream. She was always so....always so....bubbly and kind, sweet and caring,'' Redrobin's green gaze glittered with grief and longing. ''Let's just say that Mirepaw is a lot like her, and I'm sure you're proud of her.''

''But, my sister isn't what you're here to talk about, and I don't want to think of her at the moment, so....'' Redrobin closed her eyes and took a deep breath. ''I'm sorry that I got so defensive when you told me that I could have done a bit better. I know that I have room for improvement, and I know that there are a lot of cats who make mistakes, and that I am one of them.''

@Rose // @taillow

Goopysharkboi May 14th, 2024 03:04 PM

A lost little kit strayed far into Shadowclan territory, confusion and fear and loneliness drawing them further in. Their ears quietly twitched and flopped as they travelled far. They were rather scrawny and young. They had a grey tabby striped pattern, and fearfully treaded further.

finley !! May 14th, 2024 05:11 PM

mumblemoth

they/them . thc . 11 moons . autistic
tags ; @Forgetfulshape
trigger warnings for this post: none

' oh, goodness! ' mumblemoth, well, mumbled, padding towards the small kit. they purred softly as they walked, ear twitching. they had been on a nice little stroll through the territory, but a stray kit just wouldn't do. ' come here, sweetie. are you lost? you don't have.. shadowclan scent.. '

Rose May 14th, 2024 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taillow (Post 1590591)
MIREPAW
As she felt her mother's tail on her back, Mirepaw let out a purr and rubbed her head along Mama's flank, standing on her tip toes to do so. "Not yet! But I've been the RiverClan border! Robin-cat actually took me!!" She remembered the way she had felt relaxed around the older cat, which made her mean words towards Mama all the more confusing. Maybe Robin-cat was just having a bad day?? Papa had been kinda scary...

"Hi!" The young apprentice waved her tail in greeting, standing beside Mama as she attempted to smile at the cat. Yeah, maybe she was just having a bad day. If Mama wasn't going to be upset, then Mirepaw wouldn't be either. "I, um, didn't mean to make you upset! I'm sorry if I did. I just didn't want my Mama to be sad, that's all." Oh, wait, but would that come across as though she wanted the other cat to be sad? Mire didn't want any cat to be sad! "But - I don't want you to be sad either!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by paris (Post 1590606)
Redrobin turned to see Lostspark with Mirepaw right behind her, and Redrobin felt her fur lay flat at the sight of Lostspark's daughter. She bent her neck to touch her nose to the young apprentice's head between her ears.

''Don't worry, Mirepaw. It wasn't you,'' Redrobin purred, though it was shaky. ''If I had to say it was a specific cat, then that cat most definitely would have been Darkfall.''

Redrobin glanced at Lostspark. ''Lynxshade had me take her and Tuftedtusk out to mark the border with RiverClan.''

She looked at Lostspark. ''I'm....sorry, Lostspark. I'm sorry that I got all worked up. It's just....It's just hard, you know. I want ShadowClan to be the best it can be, and I guess that I just wasn't thinking straight at the moment - especially after my sister's death..''

Applestream [ NPC ] had passed away recently, and it had broken Redrobin's heart and tore away most of the patience that she had had back then. ''I know that Mirepaw might disagree with me on this, but if I had to say I had a favorite cat, it would have been Applestream. She was always so....always so....bubbly and kind, sweet and caring,'' Redrobin's green gaze glittered with grief and longing. ''Let's just say that Mirepaw is a lot like her, and I'm sure you're proud of her.''

''But, my sister isn't what you're here to talk about, and I don't want to think of her at the moment, so....'' Redrobin closed her eyes and took a deep breath. ''I'm sorry that I got so defensive when you told me that I could have done a bit better. I know that I have room for improvement, and I know that there are a lot of cats who make mistakes, and that I am one of them.''

@Rose // @taillow

Lostspark smiled at Mirepaw as the apprentice spoke about visiting Saltmeadow Marsh with Redrobin. Lostspark had some apologizing and thanking in order, it seemed.

Turning to Redrobin as the she-cat spoke, Lostspark tipped her head. "Speak as harshly or unharshly to me as you wish, Redrobin, it does not affect me." She said simply, and then shrugged. That was the truth. Lostspark did not care about other's opinions of her. They could think what they liked.

"And there is no need to apologize. There were never any hard feelings. I should know best that a little kindness goes a long way. We each have our own flaws. My words were not an order, they were a question, and a suggestion. I never raised my voice at you, Redrobin, because I was not scolding you. But while we're at the topic of apologies, I suppose I should give one as well. I am sorry for whatever hurt I inflicted on you with my words. I understand the pains of going through loss, Redrobin, and while I myself have caved to the grief on previous occasions, it has only taught me that losing control of ourselves is the worst way to remember those who have passed. You can grieve your sister, certainly, but don't... don't let it affect your relation with your Clan."

The scarred grey feline, lifted her head. "Come along, we should head back. Your event has yet to run it's course. Your originally placed effort cannot be put to waste."

taillow May 14th, 2024 06:05 PM

MIREPAW
Eyes crossing and shifting up as a nose got closer to her, the young apprentice stepped back just a little, but not entirely out of the way as the nose touched the space between her ears. At first Mirepaw was elated that she hadn't caused any pain - but then frowned as Robin-cat mentioned that Papa had been the cause of her discomfort. Shuffling her paws nervously, she looked up at Mama with a questioning gaze.

Then Robin-cat spoke about losing someone - a sister - and Mirepaw turned to look back with a gasp. Her blue eyes grew wide. Oh, that was terrible! She couldn't imagine losing any of her siblings, even though some of them - er, well, most of them - didn't really talk to her. Outside of Bleedingkit and Birdy she hadn't had much interaction with any of them. Howls... well, she didn't know where Howls was. "I'm sorry about your sister, Redrobin," she offered in a murmur, maw twisting into a frown. Instinctively she stepped closer to Mama, tail going to wrap around her as if Mama would disappear like Robin-cat's sister had. She still wasn't sure how she felt about the words spoken about Papa... Yeah, he had been angry, but he was Papa...

"I would like to participate in the event! I don't have lots of battle training yet so I would like to learn!" If only she hadn't been so focused on the rock she had found to play with, she could've joined in sooner.

paris May 15th, 2024 05:27 AM

Redrobin regarded Lostspark with a mixture of respect and curiosity, her green eyes holding a flicker of appreciation for the honesty and vulnerability in her words. Though their interactions had been marked by tension in the past, there was a newfound understanding blossoming between them.

"Your words carry weight, Lostspark," Redrobin replied, her tone softened by a hint of gratitude. "Thank you for your candor."

She nodded, acknowledging the apology with a grace born of experience. "We all bear scars, some visible, some hidden," she murmured, her gaze drifting momentarily to the horizon where the sun dipped low, casting long shadows across the landscape. "But it's how we choose to carry them that defines us."

With a determined flick of her tail, Redrobin turned to Mirepaw, her warrior instincts kicking in as she focused on the task at paw.

Redrobin felt a surge of affection for Mirepaw as she observed the young apprentice's reactions, her heart warming at the genuine empathy shining in those blue eyes. She offered a reassuring smile as Mirepaw flicked away, and let her tail gently brushing against the apprentice's flank in a silent gesture of kindness.

"Thank you, Mirepaw," Redrobin replied softly, her voice carrying a note of gratitude for the young cat's kind words. "Losing someone we love is never easy, but it's the memories we hold dear that keep their spirit alive within us."

She watched as Mirepaw's determination shone through, her admiration for the apprentice's eagerness to learn swelling within her chest."You're already showing great courage and enthusiasm, Mirepaw," Redrobin praised, her amber eyes glowing with pride. "I have no doubt that with time and training, you'll become a formidable warrior."

With a gentle nudge of encouragement, Redrobin led the way back to camp, her heart filled with hope for the future and the bonds of kinship that held them all together, even in the face of loss and uncertainty.

Redrobin glanced at Mirepaw over her shoulder as the three cats walked. ''I'd love to have you participate, Mirepaw, as long as your mother allows it.''

@Rose // @taillow

Goopysharkboi May 15th, 2024 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillycreatur (Post 1590655)
mumblemoth

they/them . thc . 11 moons . autistic
tags ; @Forgetfulshape
trigger warnings for this post: none

' oh, goodness! ' mumblemoth, well, mumbled, padding towards the small kit. they purred softly as they walked, ear twitching. they had been on a nice little stroll through the territory, but a stray kit just wouldn't do. ' come here, sweetie. are you lost? you don't have.. shadowclan scent.. '

"...W-Where am I..?" The kit mewed fearfully.

silver. May 15th, 2024 11:40 AM

batpaw
15/100

No sign of the other, huh? That was just great. At least Honeyspot had the smart idea to show up and actually hunt successfully. Watching as the warrior scores a rabbit, here of all places, he tilts his head in confusion. It doesn't last long, though, because the faster the hunt was finished the faster he could return back to camp.

[ Batpaw rolled a 5 to track prey. ]

Inexperienced, it takes him quite a lot of time to track down his next victim. Another... Frog. Ugh. He hated frogs. They were always so slimy and wet. How cats could eat them he'd never know. Nonetheless he had finally tracked something else down! The patrol was nearing it's end so he best finish this quickly.

[ Batpaw rolled a 20 to catch a frog. ]

Easy. Even easier than the last one. It didn't even see him coming before he had it pinned and dead beneath his weight. Tail raised high in the air, pleased with his performance, he trots back to where he buried his other frog and recovers it. Setting them next to one another at his paws he sits and waits for his patrol members to return.

[ total: 2 frogs ]

f0rg0tt3n_v0id May 15th, 2024 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver. (Post 1591035)
batpaw
15/100

No sign of the other, huh? That was just great. At least Honeyspot had the smart idea to show up and actually hunt successfully. Watching as the warrior scores a rabbit, here of all places, he tilts his head in confusion. It doesn't last long, though, because the faster the hunt was finished the faster he could return back to camp.

[ Batpaw rolled a 5 to track prey. ]

Inexperienced, it takes him quite a lot of time to track down his next victim. Another... Frog. Ugh. He hated frogs. They were always so slimy and wet. How cats could eat them he'd never know. Nonetheless he had finally tracked something else down! The patrol was nearing it's end so he best finish this quickly.

[ Batpaw rolled a 20 to catch a frog. ]

Easy. Even easier than the last one. It didn't even see him coming before he had it pinned and dead beneath his weight. Tail raised high in the air, pleased with his performance, he trots back to where he buried his other frog and recovers it. Setting them next to one another at his paws he sits and waits for his patrol members to return.

[ total: 2 frogs ]

Honeyspot quickly bound to another spot, to catch another prey. She crouched down, her ears perked as she heard a soft rustling in the grass. She crept closer before pouncing and landing on something soft. She quickly drugged her claws into the squirming prey and felt it went limp. She looked down to see a dead mouse. She went over to put the mouse with the rabbit then countiuned to catch another mouse then a crow.

silver. May 16th, 2024 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f0rg0tt3n_v0id (Post 1591173)

Honeyspot quickly bound to another spot, to catch another prey. She crouched down, her ears perked as she heard a soft rustling in the grass. She crept closer before pouncing and landing on something soft. She quickly drugged her claws into the squirming prey and felt it went limp. She looked down to see a dead mouse. She went over to put the mouse with the rabbit then countiuned to catch another mouse then a crow.

batpaw
16/100

---

"Are you ready to depart? I don't think Badgerstripe is going to show. Pity... But I'm sure Lynxshade will punish them accordingly~ I wonder if we'll get to watch, fufu~"

Waiting patiently for Honeyspot to approach him once she was finished with his frogs at his paws, he tilts his head off to a side as he takes notice of her haul. Not bad. Looks like she was quite successful. Good. The Enforcer would most likely be pleased with their combined six prey items. Pretty good for a duo of an untrained apprentice and a missing patrol member.

alec May 16th, 2024 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose (Post 1590702)

Lostspark noted down what her apprentice was saying. Making her way out of camp, Lostspark slowed so Rookpaw could precede her. Humming softly to herself in thought, Lostspark nodded after a moment. "I'm pretty sure you have no idea where you're going - since I expect no has given you a territory tour yet, as they shouldn't have." She tilted her head. "I'll give you one in a couple days. But anyway, for now we'll just wander around, I'll follow you, you're free to explore. I just want us to find and bring back chervil by the end of the day. Lead on."

[moved from clearing to territory for convenience]

->> rookpaw <<-
[ she/they | shadowclan | 14moons | purrks ]
a scarred dark blueish grey and white cat with grey eyes

rookpaw looked around, taking in the dark trees, few of them stood out to her, not by name at least, mainly the large dark pine trees, so different to the sparse trees she had observed in riverclan territory. the ground was also more dense, darker undergrowth and small bits of dark grass made for spots of green amongst needle covered ground. it was pretty dark, even though the sun mustve been high in the sky by now.
distracted by her surroundings she almost didnt notice lostspark slow down, but just almost, so she came to a stop before lostspark could properly fall behind and gave her mentor a questioning look. 'I'm pretty sure you have no idea where you're going' she nodded, this was the first time she had left camp since arriving, and most cats didnt seem super pleased of her presence but even if a warrior had offered she wouldve declined.
another nod before she turned, attention off lostspark and on her surroundings again. finding chervil shouldnt be too difficult, even in unfamiliar environment..unless shadowclans dense forest was enough to not allow growth. actually, that was something she was very interested in finding out, would some of the herbs she knew not be able to grow within the forest? did shadowclan territory have some less wooded places where plants that needed a lot of sun would grow? was chervil able to deal with the colder territory? she knew chervil didnt like too much sun but rather half shadow so perhaps even the dense forest could provide enough light..
head close to the ground, only lifting it once in a while to check their location and ensure lostspark was still there, she started moving further into the territory. rookpaw took her time, only a tiny but worried that lostspark might get annoyed at the snail pace they were moving at, but there was a lot to see. they passed a few other herbs that caught her attention, she sharp scent of watermint somewhere off in the distance, the spicy scent of borage behind a scrub, and around all the other unfamiliar scents she had almost missed the sweet floral scent unique to chervil. rook took a sharp turn to the right, avoided a bush and lead lostspark to the chervil. "do you want to get leaves, root or both?"

f0rg0tt3n_v0id May 16th, 2024 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver. (Post 1591507)

batpaw
16/100

---

"Are you ready to depart? I don't think Badgerstripe is going to show. Pity... But I'm sure Lynxshade will punish them accordingly~ I wonder if we'll get to watch, fufu~"

Waiting patiently for Honeyspot to approach him once she was finished with his frogs at his paws, he tilts his head off to a side as he takes notice of her haul. Not bad. Looks like she was quite successful. Good. The Enforcer would most likely be pleased with their combined six prey items. Pretty good for a duo of an untrained apprentice and a missing patrol member.

Honeyspot nods towards Batpaw. "Good work," she mews then she quickly gathers the prey she killed and lead the way back to camp, turning every now and then to see if Batpaw was following.

Snivellus May 18th, 2024 05:22 PM

Rottenheart

Rottenheart tried to hunt in the rain. He didn't catch anything. He didn't even catch a whitecough.

[Activity post - Closed]

Rani May 22nd, 2024 07:21 AM

Shadowclan Kit | He/Him | 4 Moons | Just a Scratch | Shadow Fiend

The vague trembling in his limbs, the weak and floppy feeling he felt trying to move them, how it took so much effort were all signs of how exhausted Bleedingkit was, had he been able to feel pain normally the kitten was certain he'd ache. But he wasnt, so the throbbing in his overexerted self just had him laying limp and weak in the little den hole he'd found himself in. Itd been maybe 15 minutes since Moonpaw had run him off, since Bleedingkit had tore through the territory in desperation to get away and had hidden here, silently sobbing into his own paws and terrified. Bleedingkit had eventually cried himself into numbness, unable to summon more real tears but the occasional weak trickle.

He'd silently wailed himself horse, cried in terror and heartbreak and devastation until his face was matter wet with tears and nose clogged with snot, breath had hitched with the force of it until even now it hurt to breath normal. Now Bleedingkit was just left tired and alone with emotions numbed but still there.

The kitten didnt wonder why Moonpaw had driven him away, the older tom had made it clear and the bengals own low self esteem made him believe all to easily it was justified, but it still hurt.
Bleedingkit didnt wanna leave shadowclan like he'd been threatened too. He didnt wanna leave his mama. He didnt wanna leave Mirepaw, Birdpaw, Sleepypaw, and now Quietpaw too. He didnt wanna die out here, alone in a wilderness he knew he couldnt survive alone just yet. He wanted to go home.

But home was gone. There was no way he was finding the rest of shadowclan right now. For one he was too exhausted and weak to travel to them, two he was terrified of Moonpaws wrath if he did, three he was totally lost and didnt know where he was, and four even if he did find something he recognized what the kitten knew was the old camp. A camp now abandoned and so useless to him.

Now all that was left was to try and survive and pray for a miracle and a change of fate to save him. And Bleedingkit was already off to a bad start. He was a kitten and a disabled one and between traveling at all, running from Moonpaw, and crying he didnt have much left to give and could only just lay down in his little safe hollow. The tom was just so tired after all of it.... It was so hard to stay awake even if he knew he should.... The kitten couldnt quiet manage it...... He feel asleep anyways.

Blinking awake an unknown time later the kitten squeaked in fear realizing that it hadnt been a dream. It looked to be the same day as when this whole mess started and he'd gotten lost at least, though the sun being hidden by the trees made it hard to tell, but really the circumstances hadnt changed with a nap. The bengal was still lost and alone.

He had more energy though, and knowing he couldnt just hide in that hollow forever the kitten pulled himself out into the open, promptly tumbling head over paws.

It was so... big out here, trees towering over the forest floor and animals making noises all around as the kitten snuck around unnoticed. The distant sound of twolegs (still) ruining the forest did mar it somewhat, and the animals sounds were quieted as the forest held its breath around the intruders, but it was still beautiful. Bleedingkits home was incredible..... Or was it even really his home if he never found shadowclan again and just died out here. The tom shoved down more tears at the thought, forcing himself to remain focused knowing that- CAW!

Caw?
The kitten blinked blue eyes open, looking around to see a crow having landed nearby the black bird juuuust slightly bigger then him. What did a crow want with him, the bengal wondered head cocking as it walked over, he'd never heard of a crow approaching a cat befo-OW!
The kitten yelped, briefly feeling the sharp speck of pain as the crow pecked him hard, sharp beak easily opening a cut in his thin kitten pelt as he tried to reel away. The bird was emboldened however, seeing its natural predator so small weak and vulnerable and took the opportunity to try and hurt the kit further, lashing out with beak and talons and sharp smacks of its wings as Bleedingkit tried to get away.
For his part the kitten was startled and increasingly afraid, he'd never heard of a crow attacking a cat but he'd only ever heard of grown cats hunting crows and he was a kitten! A now bleeding kitten who had no chance of outrunning a crow, and was steadily becoming more desperate. He couldnt die from a crow, he just couldnt! He had to fight, he had to live!

In the end it was luck that saved him. A lucky claw swipe from a desperate kit dug into the throat of the bird, weakening it and swaying closer on accident as a wobble tipped him, Bleedingkit instantly turned the motion into a lunge and a bite, ending the birds life. The black crow, bigger then the kitten was now dead though not without costs as Bleedingkit was covered in cuts and bruises, exhausted once again.

He really was doomed wasnt he, if a simple crow could do this to him. Bleedingkit was gonna. He was gonna die out here alone to something dumb! He wanted to go home, he wanted his Mama! He just wanted to be loved, why did Moonpaw hate him so much for that!
Unable to take it Bleedingkit just sunk to the ground in front of the crow, sobbing once more as he curled into a tight paw, sucking on his tail in a desperate bid to self sooth. Even with his pain tolerance everything hurt and what did it even matter if it was his now bloody pelt or emotional, he was dead either way!

@SuspiciousMindz (whenever you can pull hawk from the event to come find bleeding feel free to have him stumble upon him! No rush tho take your time. Anyone else who wants to potentially be apart of finding bleeding pm me and Ill consider)

SuspiciousMindz May 24th, 2024 11:45 PM

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer Commander
Shadow Fiend | Agatha Kitty | Kitty Softpaws

The Commander's pace picked up, straying further and further from the little search party that had formed. He hadn't bothered to check if Darkfall stuck around with Dawnstar or followed him. The path Hawkbite took seemed bizarre to the average cat. But no stone could be left unturned! Bleedking would be found! Even if it met the extra twists and turns Hawkbite took didn't lead anywhere.

The scent grew stronger and stronger. The screeching of a crow nearby wasn't anything out of the ordinary and Hawkbite nearly overlooked the clue, but something itched him to investigate. Crows didn't sound so eager. . . or hurt? Not unless they found something, or they were caught. Something wasn't right. Perhaps his odd choice to stray away was going to come up with something after all.

Thinking it into existence, Hawkbite earned a small ego boost as a sobbing Bleedingkit came into view. The pathetic little creature was curled up beside the crow that he assumed had made the noise. Purposefully stomping his paws into the ground so he could be heard, Hawkbite quickly approached the little kit.

"Hey kitto, what're you doing out here? You got half the clan worried about you," Hawkbite called out finally. His tone was calm. There was no malice or scolding to be found. It was simply calm concern for him.

@Rani - Bleedingkit | @Dark - Darkdad

Dark May 29th, 2024 04:52 AM

Darkfall: "The Spectre"

Shadow Fiend: Inactive | Beefed Up (T3) | Ultimate Predator: Inactive | Hulk SMASH! [Inactive]

CW: Dissociation

Dawnstar had seemed frustrated with him. Perhaps it was the tone he used, or perhaps it was the way he looked at her as if she had been feeble. It wasn’t intentional, but seeing the Queen of Mean’s body riddled with exhaustion and pain had simply been something that he was unaccustomed to. It hadn’t been long before Hawkbite joined them, and then quickly leaving, running off to go find Bleedingkit. As much as he respected the older tom, he couldn’t help but feel a sense of frustration at the behavior. When Dawnstar ordered him to follow, he had nodded without putting up any resistance. He’d have done it anyway, and he trusted that Slytiger would be able to handle the leader should any problems arise.

Mumbling curses under his breath. The Spectre followed after the Enforcer Commander with haste. Hawkbite seemed to care little for caution in his effort to find the yellow-furred kit, and with the possibility of encountering twolegs at any corner of the territory, the massive tom didn’t feel comfortable leaving him alone. Plus, Bleedingkit was his son. Though he hadn’t yet made any effort to be involved in raising the former outsider, that did not change that fact. After all, Lostspark had offered to co-parent the little tom and though, as The Spectre, he didn’t feel obligated to do so, it just seemed like the right thing to do. At least, this would be a start.

It didn’t take long, he was able to quickly catch up to Hawkbite and couldn’t help but feel a flicker of irritation at the odd route they were taking. He didn’t say anything though, opting to instead follow along and keep his eyes, ears, and nose peeled for any sign of the young tom. A crow’s strangled call sounded in the distance and he found himself frowning. Azure eyes flicked toward the brown tabby beside him, it seemed as though that was the direction they would be heading in.

Some time passed and they came across the small frame of the kit which was huddled next to the corpse of a crow. Had he done that? With access to some of Darkfall’s memories, The Spectre recalled that being the first prey he successfully caught during an event held by the previous Commander, Cougarivy. Tough little buggers, those birds were. The one he had caught was massive and put up a fight that left him battered and bruised after – did Bleedingkit catch this one alone?

Pushing past Hawkbite, The Spectre drew closer and leaned down to sniff the crow. It was covered in Bleedingkit’s scent, showing no signs of tampering or outside involvement. Intriguing. Taking a step back, icy blue orbs fixed themselves on the bundle of blonde fur in front of him. True to his name, he was bleeding from minor cuts and sported some bruising, but otherwise seemed fine. Whiskers twitching in thought, he slowly blinked at the kit, as if trying to convey some unfamiliar emotion to him. Turning to Hawkbite, he attempted to nudge his shoulder ”Wrong question, you big oaf.” He grumbled before refocusing his attention on his son of sorts, gaze mellowing a bit as he spoke in a softer tone ”We can get to that later. Are you alright?”

Rani May 29th, 2024 05:46 AM

Shadowclan Kit | He/Him | 4 Moons | Just a Scratch | Shadow Fiend

Possibly the worst part of all of this was the creeping feeling that this, this cruel long end full of sorrow was because of him. Because it was Bleedingkit that was the little freak, the warped wrong thing that'd intruded into his Mamas much better family. A family lead by someone as amazing as Miss Tiger and Mama, and Mr Darkfall too (even if Bleedingkit wasnt really close to him... Maybe he saw how bad and wrong of a kitten he was and had purposefully stayed away) and filling with cats like Sleepypaw and Quietpaw and Mirepaw who were all amazing in their own right. Bleedingkit wasnt like that, Rosa, the cat who'd birthed him, taught him that. He was wrong and a freak and no wonder Moonpaw wanted him out of a family like that which was far better then he deserved. The kit deserved this, he was sure for daring to try, for being foolish enough to run off like he did, for not thinking, for not being good enough, it was his fault.

The kitten gasped, a sharp intake of air, at a voice having completely missed the two toms approach and jolted away in fear, so on edge about everything in this dangerous place. He didnt go far, so overtaxed and tired and injured as he was, and instead just tumbled over as always, ended up pressed against a tree at his back, blood welling from injuries anew. It wasnt some new threat, another enemy however and the kittens little pink nose twitched as he trembled against the tree, heart rate slowing.

He-he'd been found somehow, by Mr Pats who'd taught him to hide a skill that'd saved his life out here while he'd been alone and Mr Darkfall. His not Papa. How had they found him he- Well it didnt matter in the end, they were here, they were here to save him. But he didnt deserve to be saved, didnt he?

Even Bleedingkit couldnt tell if it was that thought or the twos words that broke him.

The little tom sobbed, sinking to the ground as tears started anew, burying his face in his paws as he choked out desperate little cries of "I-Im sorry! I-I-I wasnt t-thinking and I g-got lost and then there was the c-crow and-" The kitten whimpered, thinking of the bird that was the cause of all the sluggishly bleeding wounds marring his pretty bengal pelt "I d-didnt mean to worry anyone, Im sorry!" He could understand if they didnt want him back after he'd messed up so bad, he didnt deserve it but- but-

"I w-wanna go home! I w-want my Mama!"

With his declaration and the kitten not getting any more coherent after all he'd gone through today he shot forward, wobbling his way right over the crow he'd killed and squeezed himself between the two toms where it was safe. Even if it was selfish for the freak to want this he didnt care, he'd be selfish as long as Quietpaw, Sleepypaw, Mirepaw, Mama and the others had any of the love Bleedingkit so desperately wanted.

@SuspiciousMindz @Dark