PDA

View Full Version : The Thieves of Solluna

Ivyshade
November 14th, 2016, 06:10 PM
THE THIEVES OF SOLLUNA

Welcome to the mystical land of Solluna! It's a bustling city in the Lunan Mountains that makes a fortune off of the gem mines located nearby. The city is literally a goldmine...so it's no wonder that the place attracts thieves. Lately the city's defenses have been getting more and more thorough, and anyone who is caught is enslaved and shipped off to the mines. But there are rumors that a priceless treasure has been found and is being brought to the city for safe-keeping. If you managed to get your hands on such a thing it would set you up for life! But is it worth the risk of living a never-ending death in the disease-ridden mines?

Form:
Name: Jayco
Age (12+): 17
Appearance: short black hair with gray-blue eyes, rust-covered greaves and a very worn cloak-like thing ;)
Personality: TBRP'd
Weapons (medieval): Daggers, one of which has a curved point, ideal for picking locks

Name: Asha
Appearance: Short with long dirty blond hair that she often puts up during jobs
Weapons: a thin rapier

I'll add my own form in a bit. The main thing you need to know is that this rp takes place in a semi-medieval world; think of Lord of the Rings. So the main form of transportation is either on foot or on horseback. All thieves start out independent but depending on how the role-play goes they might team up or form rivalries or whatever.

Hallowed Echo
November 14th, 2016, 07:01 PM
Name: Jesse
Age (12+): 17
Appearance: Black hair with blue eyes. He wears black clothing with a hood and a mask
Weapons (medieval): Two swords
Other: no

Grimshadow
November 14th, 2016, 07:02 PM
Form:
Name: Aston Bradlund
Age (12+): 16
Appearance: Tousled brown hair, a sharp face with light stubble growing, and hazel eyes. He has a slim, athletic build, honed by his thiefy ways (yes, I just made that up. :P). He wears common clothes with bits of leather for padding, mainly around his joints.
Personality: Aston acts snarky and jokes around a lot, but he tends to be rather reserved, because street life has led him to believe that no one can be trusted, following his own code of "don't give anyone the opportunity to betray you".
Weapons (medieval): Castle-forged rapier, one of the first things he stole, and throwing daggers.
Other: Can we know a bit more about this world?

Ivyshade
November 14th, 2016, 07:52 PM
Both accepted!

Grimshadow Sorry I probably should have been more clear. So...this world is mostly based on medieval themes, but don't think knights and kings and castles...the first thing that came to my mind was Laketown from the The Hobbit movies, except obviously in a more mountainous region. Actually the set-up is a lot like the kingdom in the Tangled (Rapunzel) movie, like the way the guards are, etc. Another movie that comes to mind is Puss in Boots. Basically...this place is pretty much like any medieval type story setting portrayed in cinema. As far as ranks go, up in Solluna since it is so reserved from the rest of civilization (which does not really factor into the role play as far as I know) it's mostly the few nobles/merchants/money-lenders and the many peasants, like Robin Hood on a smaller scale.

I hope that shed some light...is there anything specifically you were curious about? Haha, I'm still pretty new at this and literally just thought of this so nothing's set in stone.

Grimshadow
November 14th, 2016, 08:02 PM
Nah, that's good. x3 Thanke.

Grimshadow
November 15th, 2016, 07:49 AM
Bump?

Leaf
November 15th, 2016, 09:17 AM
Name: Ali'ikai (pronounced ah-lee-'ee-kai)
Appearance: Ali'ikai has long chestnut coloured hair with hazel eyes and a slightly tan skintone. She can mostly be seen wearing a small hooded cloak over a dark brown shirt and tanner sandy colored shorts.
Personality: TBRP'D
Weapons (medieval): Are katanas allowed?
Other: Nah

Ivyshade
November 15th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Bump?

Thanks! Lol I guess I should be bumping my own threads...still used to this.

Name: Ali'ikai (pronounced ah-lee-'ee-kai)
Appearance: Ali'ikai has long chestnut coloured hair with hazel eyes and a slightly tan skintone. She can mostly be seen wearing a small hooded cloak over a dark brown shirt and tanner sandy colored shorts.
Personality: TBRP'D
Weapons (medieval): Are katanas allowed?
Other: Nah

Accepted, and yeah, that's fine!

We can start roleplaying whenever...I'll post my starters below when I get a chance but you all can start if you want.

Ivyshade
November 15th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Phoenix Grimshadow Leaf (I guess I'll start then :whistle: )

A sharp metallic clang rang out in the cold night air, making a shadow barely distinguishable from the rotting wood wall hiss softly in alarm. It pressed itself against the rickety structure as two guards hurried by, armor showing beneath the various rags and shreds of fabric that acted as impromptu scarves. The shadow waited until they passed then ran lightly after them, sticking to the deepest shadows and not stopping for a second lest the dry wood floors creak underneath him. When the footsteps of the soldiers ceased Jayco slammed against a wall, biting his tongue as he realized too late that it was made of stone. He comforted himself by recalling that stone walls were often built near the center of Sollunan structures. The logic behind this was that the fireplaces located somewhere within would then warm the whole house. He grimaced as he ran his hand along the freezing stone; he must be close.

Asha watched the house from the outside, wrapping her cloak closer around her as the wind whistled shrilly through the pines. She had seen the shadow who had slipped into the building and knew that she stood a better chance of success by herself. She too had heard of the bounty that would be within the Head Merchant's house; priceless Sollunan diamonds, each one so precious that selling one could set anyone up for life. Her fingers twitched as she imagined holding one of the gems...she must get a hold of one...She leaned against a tree trunk as someone within the Merchant's house lit a torch. She hoped that they had found the other thief...the uproar caused by his capture would allow her to swoop in and take the treasure for herself...

Grimshadow
November 15th, 2016, 02:56 PM
(Sorry xD Question~ How are the seasons like here, and what is the current season, just so my character's clothing is appropriate. ^.^)

A figure moved through the small crowds of commoners, blending in with the shadows wherever possible. They weren't being particularly sneaky, as anyone who might actually pay attention to the figure would think nothing more of them than perhaps a beggar. It was more out of habit, but it always pays to be cautious when you think you ought not need to. They moved onwards, drawing closer and closer to their destination, some old nobleman's house near the outskirts of the city; a convenient enough place for a thief to make a bit of coin. The patrols passed less often through the outskirts, and even then, there were rarely many men, fewer still enough that were capable of catching this agile thief.

Ivyshade
November 15th, 2016, 03:19 PM
(Sorry xD Question~ How are the seasons like here, and what is the current season, just so my character's clothing is appropriate. ^.^)

A figure moved through the small crowds of commoners, blending in with the shadows wherever possible. They weren't being particularly sneaky, as anyone who might actually pay attention to the figure would think nothing more of them than perhaps a beggar. It was more out of habit, but it always pays to be cautious when you think you ought not need to. They moved onwards, drawing closer and closer to their destination, some old nobleman's house near the outskirts of the city; a convenient enough place for a thief to make a bit of coin. The patrols passed less often through the outskirts, and even then, there were rarely many men, fewer still enough that were capable of catching this agile thief.
(No you're fine - I caught myself wondering the same thing...so up in the mountain range there's almost always snow on the ground, and it's always rather cold. This world has four seasons, but this high up there's not that much distinction. If no one has any objections I was thinking the current season is...maybe early winter, like it is now [in the US anyway].)

Grimshadow
November 15th, 2016, 03:24 PM
(Mmk, welp, I shall add a fur-trimmed steampunkish-esque trench coat to my character then.)

Leaf
November 15th, 2016, 05:21 PM
(Ok) A young girl, seen no older than a youth by many, walked casually through people. Her hood was down, her chestnut hair swept back neatly behind her. Her hazel eyes shimmered mischievously, no one but her knowing what she was attempting to do right now. A merchant tried stopping her, offering something she didn't see the need for. The girl brushed past him, her speed picking up a little. She spotted the building up ahead. Breaking free from the crowd, she began jogging, pulling up the hood of her cloak over her head. A small, sly grin appeared on her face, if not more a joyous one. She stopped suddenly, swearing she had seen a shadow moving. And not just an animal or tree one either. The girl began creeping forward slowly, easing ever so slightly towards her target.

Grimshadow
November 15th, 2016, 05:56 PM
(Is the shadow one of us? >.>)

Leaf
November 15th, 2016, 06:38 PM
(Would you mind if it was Ashton?)

Grimshadow
November 15th, 2016, 06:50 PM
(Not at all. xP *Aston)

The figure quickly reached the home before the other. They took a moment to look for anyone who might see them going about their criminal business but deduced it was safe enough to not be spotted. Casually, the figure walked up to the door and then got on one knee to get eye level with the lock in the knob. Then they reached into a supplies pouch attached to them by a belt and pulled out a case. Inside was a small knife and several lockpicks, and they used them to picklock the door. It took a few more moments of twisting and jiggling, but then the satisfying click that signaled it had been unlocked sounded, and the figure pushed the door open and crept inside.

Leaf
November 15th, 2016, 07:06 PM
(Oops sorry) The girl ran forward, trying to be quick so as not to be seen. She found the door already cracked open a bit. She was beginning to have second thoughts but quickly pushed them aside. She really needed the money. The girl slowly opened the door, expecting someone to be there. Her hazel eyes searched the dark room, pupils starting to dilate to focus in the dim lighting. She eased the door closed, feeling against the wall for a lamp or some source of light.

Grimshadow
November 15th, 2016, 07:20 PM
Aston was entirely unawares of the other person inside the house. In fact, he didn't think anyone but him was in it. He'd been staking the place out for the last couple days and in turn knew that the nobleman had already left, so he barely even bothered to try and not move around without making a sound. He only intended to get in, find the valuables, and get out as quick as possible, and then later make a profit off of them. The first room he entered after the entryway was the dining room. Hopefully there would be some valuable cutlery and such, and what he soon found, he swiftly discarded into an old burlap sack, and as he walked, the pieces clattered together.

Leaf
November 15th, 2016, 07:30 PM
She heard the faint clanking of something. Thinking for a moment, she decided to call out to the probable person. "Who's there?" She called out boldly, in a commanding tone. Her hand drifted to her belt, a small regular knife hanging in its sheath. She would've brought her katana but figured that would look extremely suspicious. The girl flipped her hood back, seeing no need for it to be up while inside the house. She took a small step forward, still reaching out for a lamp or candle or something that would radiate light.

Grimshadow
November 15th, 2016, 07:46 PM
Aston stopped dead in his tracks, and with it, the sound. He gently placed the sack on the ground, now intending to create as little noise as he could. Does that nobleman have a wife or a daughter? Damn, I didn't know that, he thought. His footfalls against the wood floor resumed as he walked out from the dining room, looking for the source of the voice in the dim light. He stared down the hall and then peaked around the corner, his eyes landing on the girl who'd come in after him, then stepped around with a tired his expression on his face, starting to eye up the unexpected intruder's intruder. His gaze trailed down from their face and landed on...he averted his eyes. Her knife. "Uh...hello. I was looking for someone. I don't suppose you've seen them. Old, wrinkly skin, this tall. The owner of the place, actually." Aston used gestures as he half-attempted to describe the nobleman. "Are you his daughter?"

Leaf
November 15th, 2016, 07:51 PM
Ali'ikai snorted. "Never seen him. So no, I'm no daughter of him." Her arm moved from her knife, relaxing. "And I'm guessing your no son of who ever owns this place otherwise you wouldn't have asked me that. So, who are you?" She asked in turn, crossing her arms. She looked him over. He looked to be about 17 or 18. Most other thieves were normally older than she but that didn't discourage her. If he was a thieve, that is.

Grimshadow
November 15th, 2016, 08:03 PM
"Afraid not. Like I said, I'm looking for him. We're old pals, you see, and he invited me over for tea. Nice guy. You probably overheard me getting everything ready. But you," Aston slitted his eyes, "You don't know him at all. So I take it you don't belong here. And you probably intend on taking his things. It'd be harsh of me to let you do that, but I assure you, if you leave now, not a word of this will escape my lips." He promised. Hopefully that will scare off the competition, and I can get back to work. At his side, slid into his belt, was a rapier, its blade near three and a half feet long, and it hung awkwardly without a proper sling or sheath to contain it from swaying back and forth as he walked.

Leaf
November 15th, 2016, 08:10 PM
Ali'ikai's eyes grew wider, noticing his rapier. She gulped. "I don't think you know him at all. In fact, I think you're here for the same reason I am. And I also think you know what I'm talking about too," she said matter of factly. She began to wish she'd brought the katana in case she'd be fighting tonight. Her arm dropped to her knife, ready to pull it out again.

Grimshadow
November 15th, 2016, 08:23 PM
"Well, that is a possibility. But I do, in a sense, know him. Watching their daily routine teaches you a bit about a person. In truth, he just doesn't know me. After his things are gone, I'm sure he will want to, though." Aston rambled as he watched her hand slide back to the knife, and grinned innocently, completely relaxed. "It isn't my intention to hurt you, and it's not like I could. I'm actually pretty shoddy with this old thing. I'm just looking to get some coin to feed myself for a few days. I get the feeling that you're doing the same, but I was here first. So I would be grateful if you would find your own home to rob."

Grimshadow
November 15th, 2016, 08:38 PM
(I take it we happened upon the house with all the stuff? I intended we'd happen upon it later, not now. xD Release the guards I guess. ^.^)

Leaf
November 15th, 2016, 09:18 PM
(Yeeeeees) Ali'ikai's eyes narrowed. "Well you got that right. But no, I'm not going to leave. Sorry buddy. Perhaps we could split what ever is here?" She offered, hand firmly grasped around the knife now. She wouldn't want to hurt anyone, but if necessary she might. Of course, the sma knife she had with her wouldn't do much damage. It wouldn't take her long to go and retrieve the katana she had hidden amongst roots and farm crops but she feared she would return with no entry.

Grimshadow
November 15th, 2016, 09:33 PM
(Next post x3)

Aston hmmed for a moment and rubbed his chin with one hand, leaning against the wall. "I wasn't aware we were buddies. It must be a new concept that I am not at all aquatinted with. Help me out, do buddies usually have their hands on their weapons, ready to use on one another? As you can see, I haven't even laid eyes on mine, so I must be quite bad at this." To further emphasize his harmlessness, Aston raised his hands. "But, I guess I have no choice but to share the riches here, otherwise I fear neither of us will have it. So, to answer your question, we can split what ever is here. I would say finders, keepers, but it looks like you don't follow that logic." His grin did not once leave his face as he talked and talked, but he reached out a timid hand to shake upon their agreement once he finished.

Leaf
November 15th, 2016, 09:40 PM
Ali'ikai released her knife to shake hands with the boy. "Sometimes I don't follow logic. Sometimes I do." She told him. "What's your name anyways? Mine is Ali'ikai." Her hazel eyes drifted to the rooms behind him, spotting household items that had another class to them. Only a rich man could afford those. Which the owner of the house seemed to be. Ali'ikai heard something faint, but figured it was the townspeople outside, crowded around merchants and stalls and vendors.

Ivyshade
November 15th, 2016, 09:41 PM
(Ack, sorry! I assumed we were all robbing the same house but lol I'll adjust my post, no problem. Sorry 'bout that, haha...)

Leaf
November 15th, 2016, 09:44 PM
(@Ivyshade That's what I had thought too. Are we robbing different houses? XD)

Ivyshade
November 15th, 2016, 09:49 PM
(@Ivyshade That's what I had thought too. Are we robbing different houses? XD)
(Grimshadow says they intended to start out robbing different house from the one I'm robbing and then move on to the one where Jayco is, at least that's how I'm taking that. Which is fine, I just didn't know. So...I deleted my post talking about you all talking, and I'll write a new one in a sec)

Grimshadow
November 15th, 2016, 09:50 PM
(It'd be fine though. But that was why I said, "some old nobleman's" and not "the greatest riches in the world". xD But we need to meet up somehow, and I'm sure you want to role play. And uh, next post. Our conversation is prolonging it. xP)

He lowered his other hand that was still raised and said, "Bless you." He chuckled. "Sorry, that's an odd name. Is it real? And I'm Cedric," he added without hesitation. He backed up a bit farther down the hallway, counting how many doors there were in it. Four at least, including the dining room he'd already been in. This would be a bit.

Leaf
November 15th, 2016, 09:58 PM
(Ah ok) "Well then nice to meet you Cedric. And yes it's a real name. Because it's my real name," Ali'ikai said, the clanking of something getting louder. Suddenly there were many more people in the room, the rest covered in armour, the silver or iron glinting ever so slightly in the dim lighting. They towered threateningly over the short girl, weapons ready at their hands. "Should have brought my katana," she told them sweetly with a fake sweet smile, reaching towards her small knife hanging in its sheath on the side of her belt.

Grimshadow
November 15th, 2016, 10:06 PM
(I should have clarified that better. Sorry. >.< I feel awful now.)

Aston sighed ruefully. Thanks for wasting my time. He pulled the rapier from his belt and positioned himself, his technique apparent in his stance. The hallway would also prove to work in his favour, a thrusting weapon like a rapier thrived in this exact kind of spot, whereas a sword or a hammer would be much harder to use. "Are you not even going to try to arrest us? Just get right to the stabbing, eh?" He looked for all the chinks in their armour and spied any possible exits while he waited to see what would happen next.

Ivyshade
November 15th, 2016, 10:14 PM
(You're fine! Lol, that's what I get for not planning the world out better before doing this! Next time I'll get a map together and organize it better, my bad. But it'll work out, actually we could make you and Leaf's characters (plus Asha) not really know about the diamonds being there anyway. They could all know about the nobleman being gone and that's why they decided to pick tonight to break in. Jayco on the other hand...I don't know, he found out somehow XD if Jayco is ever personable enough to talk to anyone then he'll explain how he found out then, haha)
Jayco fumbled with the lock, smiling to himself when he heard a faint click. Seconds later the door was opening, and Jayco took a step forward--
Whoosh. The young thief jumped out of the way as an ax that had been propped up by some mechanism on the door crashed down, splitting the stone where he had been standing just moments before. He stood there in stunned silence for a few moments before looking up into the dimly lit room. To his shock it was completely empty. The whole thing had been a trap... The diamonds must be hidden somewhere else...but where? Maybe--
Some commotion was taking place back the way he had come. Well, there was no escaping that way. He looked around at the room, seeing that it only had one door, which he had nearly died coming through. He quietly pulled it shut and slid the lock back into place, then began to search the stone walls for any hidden compartments. He wouldn't put it past the nobles to have such things crafted for their loot.

Asha perked up when she heard noises coming from the house. The intruders must have been caught. Now it's my turn... She set off toward the house, ducking under low branches and sliding down small drops until she reached the stony walls.

Leaf
November 16th, 2016, 09:45 AM
(That works for me) Ali'ikai inched towards the exit. "It'd only take me a moment to go get it but I fear I wouldn't find myself back in here," she said, pulling the knife out. She looked for weak spots in their armour, then suddenly lashed out at the guard closest to her. She drove her knife clean across a chink in his armour, resulting in a sharp cry of pain from him.

Grimshadow
November 16th, 2016, 04:27 PM
(Sounds good)

As one of the guards took a great step forward towards Aston, their sword raised, ready to swing down in an awkward chop, the thief lunged forward and pierced through the weak leather beneath the chainmail they wore. It poked past their ribs but it didn't cause any fatal harm, and it gave Aston the opportunity to weave around his attacker, who was clutching the wound as blood seeped out, and reach the exit. His conscience, however, prevented him from leaving. He watched as two of the other guards were battling with his fellow, and despite his want to leave, his inner morals were kinder than to leave someone to their death.

Leaf
November 16th, 2016, 05:11 PM
Ali'ikai watched Aston cut the guy. The guard she had struck in the side was raising his sword above her. Her hazel eyes widened in fear as he brought the sword thundering down, she ducking out of the way just in time to barely miss the attack. "Sorry sir," she told him, actually meaning it as she brought her knife through another chink in his armour. She couldn't do much damage, she knew that, but it was at least enough to make the guard drop his weapon and press on the wounds.

Grimshadow
November 16th, 2016, 05:26 PM
Aston drove the tip of the rapier through the leg of the other guard who'd still been trying to swipe at Ali'ikai, which caused them to collapse, effectively unable to balance on that leg. Before they'd even hit the ground, the blade of the rapier slapped across the face of the guard Ali'ikai already cut, creating a shallow but stinging cut that would also leave a painful welt. With only two guards that hadn't been injured yet, an opening was available to the female thief, and with his conscience knowing that, Aston escaped outside.

Ivyshade
November 16th, 2016, 05:27 PM
Asha cautiously pushed the door open, gripping her rapier tightly with the other hand. If she was lucky she could slip past the chaos unnoticed and find something valuable...She walked carefully down the hallway, seeing where it split off into the entrances to several rooms. She darted forward, meaning to pass the entrance to the room where most of the noise seemed to be coming from but tripped on the rough stone, barely saving herself from colliding into it face first. Her rapier was flung away from her with a harsh metallic clang due to the impact of her fall. She lay there, winded, mind racing as she tried to desperately figure out how to get out of this situation. She pushed herself into an upright position as one guard disengaged from the fight in the room and approached.

Jayco scowled and slashed at the solid stone with his twisted dagger in frustration. There was nothing here! Had it all been a ruse, a trap to catch over-inquisitive thieves? One thing was obvious; the longer he stayed here the worse his odds of escaping alive became. He stepped over the axe and kicked the door open, cringing as it slammed against the stone wall. He ran forward through the hallways, taking a detour when he reached the main hallway, where most of the sounds were coming from. He ducked into a vacant room, swiftly scanning the walls for a window or other opening he could escape through. Whoever planned this did a marvelous job, he thought drily, hearing a gasp of pain from across the hall.

Grimshadow
November 16th, 2016, 09:06 PM
Aston drove the tip of the rapier through the leg of the other guard who'd still been trying to swipe at Ali'ikai, which caused them to collapse, effectively unable to balance on that leg. Before they'd even hit the ground, the blade of the rapier slapped across the face of the guard Ali'ikai already cut, creating a shallow but stinging cut that would also leave a painful welt. With only two guards that hadn't been injured yet, an opening was available to the female thief, and with his conscience knowing that, Aston escaped outside.

(Bump)

Leaf
November 16th, 2016, 09:44 PM
Ali'ikai, seeing the opening Aston had created, followed after him, getting outside. "Thanks," she thanked him, panting from the attacking, barely dodging, and quick sprint outside. She jogged over to a tree behind a vendor's stall. The young girl reached up a felt a familiar hilt and sheath. She pulled it down, fastened it to her belt and walked back over to him. "Now I've got my katana," She said, a grin on her face. The black vine patterned hilt of it was sticking out of the sheath, the katana itself having a nice, sharp, clean, shiny iron sturdiness to it.

Grimshadow
November 16th, 2016, 09:55 PM
(Again, I feel so bad. xD Ivyshade You came in right when we were leaving. >.<)

Aston didn't have the time to ask what she was doing, but it was answered soon enough anyways. It was a pretty impressive piece of weaponry. "Congratulations. But we're not that far from them, we should keep moving. And thanks, by the way, for ruining my heist." He slid his rapier back into his belt and scouted the nearest alleyway and began moving for it. "Another night without food..." He grumbled under his breath. "I don't know what you're planning to do now, but I hope it doesn't include following me. I couldn't bear having you botch another robbery that I'll have to spend days prepping for." Aston hadn't entirely meant to be that harsh, but he'd gone nearly a week without actual food that wasn't stolen apples and the like, and it was wearing on him.

Ivyshade
November 16th, 2016, 10:39 PM
Grimshadow Don't worry about it! My characters are leaving soon anyways...)

Jayco groped around in the dark, stumbling over something hard. He bent down to pick it up, realizing too late that it was a blade of some sort, most likely a rapier. He drew back, hissing through his teeth as blood from the cut trickled down his fingers, and caught sight of a guard in the hallway beside him. His eyes widened as he saw a girl around his age stumbling to her feet just a few feet away. The guard had drawn his sword and was advancing swiftly. One look at the girl's bewildered movements told Jayco that she would never make it out alive if he didn't help her. Thinking fast he tossed the rapier into the hallway and then darted out himself, slipping past both startled beings and escaping through the open door into the snowy world outside.

Asha watched in disbelief as her rapier appeared beside he seemingly out of nowhere. Taking advantage of the guard's shock the thief grabbed her weapon and jabbed mercilessly at her attacker, waiting until he sank into unconsciousness before turning to leave the house. Once outside she bent down and wiped her blade on the freshly fallen snow. Then she set her course for the inner city, not bothering to go back even though most of the guards were probably too busy tending their wounds to worry about a few stolen doodads. Her unlikely savior had run outside without bothering to help her any further...he must have been one of the thieves she had spotted entering the house. Therefore, it was safe to assume that the dwelling had been sucked dry of any loot it may have had before. Scowling she sheathed her rapier and pulled her hood over her head, walking slowly through the streets, not desiring to go anywhere in particular.

Grimshadow
November 16th, 2016, 10:45 PM
(Hang on, retcon the bit about going to an inn, I'll have Aston return so we can all get together.)

Ivyshade
November 17th, 2016, 07:33 AM
Grimshadow alright that should be good...)

Leaf
November 17th, 2016, 09:29 AM
(?) Ali'ikai felt bad. "Sorry," she muttered. She thought for a moment before walking over to a food vendor. He was only selling bread which was fine. She tapped the guy's shoulder, him swivelling around confused. "There is a very rich man over there who is looking for only the best quality bread," she told him, pointing into a crowd of people. She knew that money was a good way to bait people and watched as he rushed off with a loaf of bread. Ali'ikai made sure he was out of sight and motioned Aston over. This is how she had gotten most of the food she had ever eaten, using any money she'd ever had for clothes when they got small.

Grimshadow
November 17th, 2016, 04:15 PM
(@Ivyshade Again, really sorry. >.<)

Aston took a quick glance at the offered bread and huffed. "Apology accepted I suppose." He tore a piece off reluctantly after he figured it couldn't be poisoned when he'd just watched her steal it, and so he stuffed it into his mouth and ate it. "I didn't even see the guards leave the house," Aston said when he finished. "I think the other two were distracted by something else when we escaped, so I'm going back to go check it out," he told Ali'ikai. Without another word, he made his way back to the nobleman's house, uncaring of whether he was followed or not. Just a few meters away, he spotted a solo figure heading away from it. The door to the house was left open, and he spotted a fourth guard on the floor, a bit inside, being tended to. Oddly, without a second thought, he rushed over to what he believed was the person who had prevented the guards from following suit. "Did you get anything?" was the first thing he uttered.

Leaf
November 17th, 2016, 05:17 PM
Ali'ikai nodded and took a piece of bread, taking a bite of it. She walked after the direction in which Aston had gone into. She took another bite of bread and watched him to talk to someone. She peered inside, seeing guards tending to their wounds. Her hazel eyes, sparkling with interest, moved back to the two.

Ivyshade
November 17th, 2016, 08:46 PM
( Grimshadow Leaf Sorry for taking so long to respond!)

Asha started as she heard hurried footsteps on the chilly ground and stopped where she stood, fingering her rapier. Her eyes widened as she heard what the stranger had to say and she stood there, mind blank with shock. How the heck does he know that I'm a thief? It's not like...okay never mind, I guess it's pretty obvious. She stood there silently, sizing him up. "I don't know what you're talking about," she muttered at last. "I'm just passing through..."

Grimshadow
November 17th, 2016, 09:00 PM
(No worries.)

"Well someone stabbed that guard after we got away, and you're the only other person around." Aston was being surprisingly open about this. When he said 'we', he took note that Ali'ikai had indeed come after him. "Also, the rapier. But look, I was just curious if you managed to get anything because...well, I didn't. And neither did she." He looked to Ali'ikai, indicating that he was talking about her, as if that wasn't clear enough. As a side note he muttered, "There sure are a lot of thieves after this guy."

Leaf
November 17th, 2016, 09:43 PM
Ivyshade Dun worry Grimshadow ) Ali'ikai continued munching on the bread, thinking. She thought about what she would do, when she would do what she was going to do, how she would do what she was going to do. She snapped back into reality, giving a small wave to Aston and the person he was talking to. She wondered if she should go over but figured she'd already interrupted enough things tonight.

Ivyshade
November 17th, 2016, 09:56 PM
Leaf Grimshadow )

Asha shrugged and curled her lip upwards in a tiny smile, deciding to trust the other, since apparently he knew her occupation and where she had been tonight. "Well that's hardly surprising, isn't it? I mean, the guy practically told the whole city that he was going on a road trip. No wonder every thief in the area had their eyes on his fortress," she murmured amiably. "But no, I never got a chance to snag anything. I think I came in while you and her--" she pointed toward the girl by the bread stand "--were fighting the guards. I was going to try and sneak past into the treasury during the chaos but I tripped and blew my cover." She glanced gratefully at the other. "Thanks for tossing me my rapier. Otherwise I would have been doomed."

(If it isn't clear, Asha thinks that Aston is the one who threw her her rapier.)

Grimshadow
November 17th, 2016, 10:15 PM
(I guess I'll keep doing this to notify you guys. Leaf Ivyshade)

Aston listened patiently to her chatting and silently agreed on her reasoning about the sudden number of thieves. "Well, that's a shame." But when she mentioned that he'd tossed her that rapier, his eyebrows raised in confusion. "Er...right. No problem?" He wasn't sure when he'd done that. The thief spent a few seconds looking over the other two, thinking and pondering. Minutes ago, leaving Ali'ikai felt fine, but now-- Why am I thinking like this? he wondered. "I...we're all acquainted now, and I really have no idea what to do. Splitting ways feel a bit wrong, but so does staying here. So now what?"

Ivyshade
November 18th, 2016, 06:28 AM
Grimshadow Leaf

Asha was about to respond when a freezing gust of wind interrupted her. When most of it had passed Asha looked forlornly at the house she had just escaped from and then the busy marketplace. Many potential customers were walking quickly in various directions, cloaks wrapped around them to keep out the cold. She shivered a little then mumbled, "The first thing I'm doing is finding shelter. Whether you all come with me or not is up to you." With that she began to head down an abandoned alleyway, hugging herself in a vain attempt to keep out the chill.

Grimshadow
November 18th, 2016, 08:07 AM
(@Ivyshade Leaf)

Aston shivered as well. Standing in one spot outside in the onset of winter was a guaranteed way of freezing, and sleeping outside was like to get you killed, so he'd come prepared. He called after her, "I have a small room at a rundown inn for the next three days. It's a coin a day and I've paid in advanced. It isn't the greatest, and there's only one bed, but you and Ali'ikai can share it. I'll sleep on the floor." When he had come here to rob the nobleman, he was hoping the coin he made off of him would buy him another few weeks, but that had been dashed away when those guards found them. It was something he liked to brood on now. And speaking of the guards, reinforcements were already arriving at the house, ten more at least. There was no chance of going back now. Though sharing a room with two strangers who might come to slit his throat or steal his things wasn't the brightest prospect either, but regretfully for him, his conscience wouldn't leave him alone, and so secretly hoped they would reject.

Leaf
November 18th, 2016, 09:18 AM
Ivyshade Grimshadow ) Ali'ikai pulled her cloak hood over her head, shivering. She had overheard parts of their conversation and walked over. "What's going on?" She asked, hazel eyes full of confusion. The faded black cloak was billowing around in the breeze so she pulled it to her for warmth.

Grimshadow
November 18th, 2016, 09:32 AM
(@Leaf Ivyshade)

"As you clearly already know, it's too cold out here. I'm...offering you two a bed, roof, and some walls to keep warm at an inn," Aston answered in a strained tone. "The place also has a hearth for fire and, as a result, cooking," he continued. He could feel the cold mostly on his face as the wind nipped at the exposed flesh. Unfortunately, his coat did not come with an attached hood, and his ears and face were beginning to grow red. Wish I had a cloak.

Ivyshade
November 18th, 2016, 10:39 AM
Leaf Grimshadow )

Asha turned around, surprised by the other's offer. "Wait, you're serious?" This guy is either really stupid or...really generous, she thought to herself. "If you're serious then lead the way," she mumbled through her chattering teeth.

Grimshadow
November 18th, 2016, 11:13 AM
( Leaf Ivyshade )

Aston clenched his jaw. "Right... Let's go." His posture was rigid from the cold as he swept an arm through the air, signaling them to follow him and led them through a couple alleys and down some streets until they arrived at the inn. It was above a ramshackle, but it wasn't luxurious. The wood the inn was made of was wet and showed signs of mold, but it was enough to keep the weather out, and there were no windows. The sign that hung above the door swung as the wind blew it, reading 'Broken Star Inn & Bar'. It was a rather flashy name for such an abandoned looking building. Looks can be deceiving however. The inside was near crowded by patrons sitting at the aforementioned bar, getting drunk on beers and the such, while others were sitting at stalls conversing, and the lighting itself was warm and pleasant. In the back was a stone hearth that had a cooking pot with something boiling in it as the fires crackled beneath. And off to the side in a recessed landing in the ground were three doors, side by side. Aston pointed them out as they entered, met with a wave of warm air, saying, "The one on the right is mine."

Leaf
November 18th, 2016, 08:01 PM
Grimshadow Ivyshade ) "Thanks. A lot," Ali'ikai told Aston, meaning it entirely. She fished around in her pocket as they were greeted by a wave of warmth and drunk people. She finally found a coin in the bottom of it. She had been going to save it but she felt she owed Aston something. She nudged him and held the coin out to him. "Here. You deserve it. For, you know,... Helping us."

Grimshadow
November 18th, 2016, 08:26 PM
(@Leaf Ivyshade )

A few of the patrons took a look at the newcomers, but didn't seem all that interested. "Oh, thanks." Aston stared at Ali'ikai suspiciously and slowly reached out to pluck the coin from her hand. "This will pay for another day at least. I've always liked a bit of borrowed time. If you guys own anything else, I suggest going to get it. There's a bit of room under the bed to stuff any of your belongings, I've learned. Food is going to be an issue, though; the innkeep doesn't give free meals," Aston explained. By now, he had warmed up a bit and so he made his way to the room, having to move out of the path of a drunken peasant on the way. When he opened the door, it revealed exactly what he'd told them, a single bed that was in an otherwise empty room, ten feet by ten feet. It wasn't the most spacious in all honesty, but it had to do. "I don't actually know if you have problems about having to share the bed, so if that's the case, I'll go sleep in the stables nearby and one of you can have the ground."

Leaf
November 18th, 2016, 08:36 PM
Grimshadow Ivyshade ) Ali'ikai felt awkward now. "Uh no it's fine," she said.
"'Sides, I don't have anything other than what I'm wearing," she said grinning. She sat down on the floor, removing the hood of her cloak from the top of her head.

Grimshadow
November 18th, 2016, 08:59 PM
( Time check? Leaf Ivyshade )

Aston nodded. "Ah, poverty does suck, doesn't it?" he asked rhetorically while he unstrapped and unbuckled his leather paddings and his trench coat before removing each piece and setting them aside in spot that wouldn't interfere. Beneath was his simple tunic that covered his wiry body, stained and showing obvious repairs from previous rips. "I was thinking on the way here...seeing as there's three of us...maybe we could work together and you know...do what it is that we do," he suggested ambiguously, cautious of anyone who might overhear them speaking. "I'm unsure of it myself, but maybe doing it together might make things easier."

Leaf
November 18th, 2016, 09:04 PM
*shrug* Grimshadow Ivyshade ) Ali'ikai nodded, listening. "That sounds great! You seem like you're good in your profession," she told him, watching put his stuff down.

Grimshadow
November 18th, 2016, 09:13 PM
( Leaf We'll wait for Ivyshade )

Leaf
November 18th, 2016, 09:13 PM
Grimshadow K)

Ivyshade
November 18th, 2016, 10:19 PM
Leaf Grimshadow (Sorry to keep you all waiting DX As for time...well it can be early evening, maybe? I mean, the vendors were still out but people were starting to head home...plus there's a bunch of people in the inn and those seem to get active after sundown.)

Asha looked around the room curiously. It wasn't a palace, that was for sure. But it seemed homely enough, plus the inn didn't seem that bad compared to others she had been in. She turned toward Ali'Kai with an amused expression. "I think we should be able to get along just fine, am I right?" She listened to Aston's offer in silence, then looked up with a weary sigh. "I'd agree to that. I mean...I haven't had that much success on my own, and I almost died tonight so...plus, it could be fun." She untangled herself from her cape and draped it onto the bed before turning to the others expectantly. "So what now? I have a few "earnings" but probably only about enough for all of us to have a meal. If we use it tonight then we'll have to go out again tomorrow..."

Leaf
November 18th, 2016, 10:27 PM
Grimshadow Ivyshade ) Ali'ikai nodded again. "I've got nothing left and today was a total bust. I saw this nice looking place earlier. They've probably got some good money somewhere." She yawned, pulling her cloak tight around her.

Grimshadow
November 18th, 2016, 10:36 PM
( Ivyshade Okie. Again, no worries. Leaf )

Aston visibly reddened. "I hope that isn't some kind of innuendo," he mumbled quietly. While she was talking, he watched the rest of the inn from the doorway until she mentioned what to do with her coin. "I can go another night," he replied. "If you're feeling hungry, well...it's your money, help yourself." Regarding what Ali'ikai said, he responded, "We should take a look at that place tomorrow. I guess we're all partners now though, huh? Yet I still don't even know your name." Aston pointed at Asha. With a quick glance to Ali'ikai that practically said, 'don't get mad', he spoke, "I'm Aston."

Ivyshade
November 18th, 2016, 10:45 PM
Grimshadow Leaf

Asha shrugged indecisively and listened to what Aston was saying. "Oh! Um...I'm Asha," she mumbled. "And sure, that sounds good to me..."

Leaf
November 19th, 2016, 12:47 AM
Grimshadow Ivyshade ) "Cool names," Ali'ikai told the two, sitting up against a wall. She wondered what the house might hold. It'd be nice if they found money in general, but she figured they'd be able to sell things if they needed to. Her thoughts drifted to the fact that she was on a team now. It was definitely a new thing to her but she'd try her best to completely understand it.

Grimshadow
November 19th, 2016, 09:41 AM
( Leaf Ivyshade )

"It is a nice name," Aston agreed. That was a better reaction than I thought. "Seems I have to speak for our other friend here. This one's Al...Ali'i...Ali'ikai!" he had some difficulty recalling her name, but he thought he'd gotten it right after he sounded it out. "Triple A," Aston noted absently. From under the bed, he pulled out a rucksack and unstrapped a brown bedroll from it. "If you'd excuse me," he coughed, eyeing Ali'ikai who was sat on the floor.

Leaf
November 19th, 2016, 10:23 AM
Grimshadow Ivyshade ) "Oh right," Ali'ikai muttered, embarrassed. She got up and moved out of his way. Her hazel gaze drifted to Asha. "So how long have you been in the business?" She asked her out of nowhere.

Grimshadow
November 19th, 2016, 11:22 AM
As they were chatting, Aston closed the door to the room and began setting up his bedroll. It took up most of what was left of the floor. Afterwards, he took to sitting on it cross-legged, listening to the muffled din of the inn and fiddling with his rapier that was now in his lap. His eyelids were starting to feel heavy, but not so much that he was actually drowsy. He presumed that they were going to get an early sleep tonight, which he both hated and welcomed, because he hadn't had proper sleep since he started scouting out that nobleman's house, but he also felt the urge to get things done. Oh well, Aston resigned and propped his head up with his arm.

Grimshadow
November 19th, 2016, 01:11 PM
( Ivyshade Leaf I'll be gone the rest of the day so carry on without me.)

Grimshadow
November 20th, 2016, 10:41 AM
(Or not. x3 Bump Ivyshade Leaf )

Leaf
November 20th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Grimshadow Ivyshade Ali'ikai is waiting for a response which is why I haven't posted)

Ivyshade
November 20th, 2016, 04:13 PM
Grimshadow Leaf

Asha stood with her back against the wall, jumping a little when Ali'ikai addressed her. "Erm...well," she stammered. She shook her head as if to clear it. "I...not that long. Last year my mom died of sickness and my dad had died in those cursed mines before I even met him so...once I had no one left I picked up this...trade for survival." She briefly wondered if perhaps she had told too much, but something felt so good about sharing this, no, about talking to others without having to weave in a creative lie every other sentence. She glanced over at Aston. "We're not hitting the hay now, are we?" She asked, ending off with a yawn. She looked down in embarrassment at her direct contradiction. "Nevermind, I guess," she murmured.

Grimshadow
November 20th, 2016, 04:36 PM
( Ivyshade Leaf )

Family is an unreliable thing... He surmised to no one but himself, and clicked his tongue. "Do you have any other plans?" Aston smirked, amused by Asha's traitorous yawn, but genuinely curious about what she had to say. "Too late and too cold to about planning another robbery, and we're more or less stuck in this room until otherwise. Unless if anyone would care for an evening stroll?" There wasn't much sincerity in his offer, just another jape that he expected would be turned down.

Leaf
November 20th, 2016, 05:31 PM
Grimshadow Ivyshade ) Ali'ikai shook her head. "I'm rather beat today," she replied, glancing at Asha. She turned back to towards Aston, hazel eyes clearing showing how tired she was. Food wasn't normally a problem for the girl, but sleep was. Most of the time when she should've been sleeping she'd find herself doing something else. She looked away.

Ivyshade
November 20th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Leaf Grimshadow

Asha shrugged indecisively. "I don't know...I guess I'm just restless. It's not like I usually give up on a job this easily." She glanced over at Ali'ikai and nodded hesitantly. "Alright. Yeah, it's not like we're gonna be able to do much else tonight anyways."

Grimshadow
November 20th, 2016, 06:37 PM
( Leaf Ivyshade )

"Good." His smirk turned into a content smile. "Night then." With no more than that, Aston climbed into his bedroll and settled in comfortably on his stomach. "Try not to snore, yeah?" he requested jokingly just before he closed his eyes and drifted off into a slumber. He would never have believed he could have done it so easily, knowing how vulnerable he was. Why did he trust these two so much? Trust had only ever led him to suffering and woe. Damn...

Leaf
November 21st, 2016, 09:48 AM
Grimshadow Ivyshade ) Ali'ikai turned to Asha and shrugged. She crawled into the bed, leaving more than half for Asha. She was a short girl, proving useful when robbing because no one would see her most of the time, but irritating when she couldn't quite reach stuff all the way.

Grimshadow
November 21st, 2016, 06:21 PM
( Leaf I don't think we can really continue without Ivy)

Leaf
November 21st, 2016, 07:40 PM
Grimshadow Yea. We couldn't )