PDA

View Full Version : Tales Reboot 2.0

Solstice_X
August 8th, 2017, 09:57 PM
(Oopsie, Leaf Grimshadow )

|| Reboot of "Tales of a Dungeon School (Reboot)" (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=310766#post310766) ||

|| Link to the original "Tales of a Dungeon School" (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2364&page=75) ||

Elise took a running start before she flung herself up and onto her Kiera. The Morgan whinnied and shook her mane as her rider's weight was suddenly flung onto her. "Easy girl," the rider reassured as she gave a few comforting pats to her horse.

Klaus rode up beside her. He had a map open and steered Melody to stand close enough to Kiera for the two riders to be able to read it, "We're still a far ways away from Crossford."

The blonde girl nodded. Her eyes scanned the parchment as she recalculated their location on the map and where to go from there. "If we keep heading north towards crossford and the forest, we should reach the half way point by this evening."

"Mhmm." Nodded the blonde aristocrat, "I hear you and Casotel are planning a scavenger hunt?"

"Eavesdropper."

Klaus playfully ruffled Elise's hair before snapping the reigns for him and Melody to move forward. He shot back a grin as the white horse settled into a two-beat trot ahead of the wagon.

Elise could hear Erin's chuckle not far behind before the wheels of the wagon rolled back to life and the thundering trot of hooves could be heard in rhythm. Part of it was directed towards Viv, the other towards what just happened between his sister and Klaus.

Myr had seated himself closer to the front of the wagon and was now watching the two figures on horseback, admiring the control they both had over their horses. There was a glimmer of excitement in his eyes at being able to ride horses once again.

Zephyr eyed both figures in the back of the wagon. It was quiet, but more like the restless quiet that got irritating after a while of sitting in it. To him, it seemed like a bit of a doom and gloom air. Despite not being the mood maker, he decided to try to lighten the mood by saying to Iedeo and Alohi, "How 'bout the three of us play a little game while we keep an eye on the unknown figure back there?"

"Hm?" Nirei (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/e2/d9/92/e2d992075c6e5d56dbaaaad9c49a3335.jpg) raised an eyebrow before zipping forward towards the white haired figure following the wagon. The cloaked, white-haired and golden eyed boy was curious as to who was this randomer that was following Elise and company. He let out a puff of breath down the stanger's neck before going invisible to stand a few inches in front of them unseen.

Grimshadow
August 26th, 2017, 08:16 PM
(Oh my my ^^' I need a warmup, forgive me... Leaf Solstice_X )

The sound of Zephyr's voice caught Iedeo's attention immediately in the quiet atmosphere, his eyes snapping to the speaker. He wasn't sure what game could be played between the three of them in the back of a carriage, but he was enticed nonetheless. As a kid, he often played games of chess in his father's study by himself, more as an order given by his grandfather as a sort of mental training than for actual recreation, but it let him devise many scenarios and strategies, even if he was playing for the enemy as well. In his eyes, that just let him learn twice as much. So the option of playing a game with friends excited him.
"Okay, what kind of game?" Iedeo asked and turned to face Zephyr from the blanket he was sat on as the brief memories came and went like a flicker through his mind.

A feeling of joy exploded in Viv's chest when she heard Erin chuckle, her body tensing up. "Wowowow," she stuttered through her excitement. "I made him laugh...! Gotta say, I fully expected you'd get mad at me, or make a sarcastic remark or, or...something~!" she said gleefully, even though his response was just a chuckle. Then she settled back into her seat, kicking her legs. "In spite of the disappointing result, I'm kinda glad..." She mumbled looking down, before her head shot back up just as fast. "Heyey, why haven't you asked me about who I really am? No one has! What's with all these surprises?"

Leaf
August 26th, 2017, 11:35 PM
Grimshadow Solstice_X YAYYYYYYY)

Alohi perked up when she heard the word 'game'. "Yea what kind of game do you have in mind? Seeing as we're in, uh, a wagon," she stated bluntly, not really knowing how else to point it out. She shifted slightly so that she was facing the other two in the back with her but not so much that she wouldn't be able to see their stalker. Speaking of him, she took a glance to see that the person was trailing much farther behind them now. "You think they've given up? They don't look like they're trying to catch up to us anymore," she muttered quietly, so that only Iedeo and Zephyr could hear it. She felt like being quieter for some odd reason, not quite able to put her finger on it.

Kalo, who'd been pretty much dragging his feet along the path to ensure to keep his distance from the party so as not set off any red flags anymore. He was covered in mud from the previous illusion scare back at the gate. He was slightly irritated at himself that that had scared him. To be fair, however, who wouldn't be scared by that devil that had appeared out of thin air. The mud that was now very dry and had been so for a few hours, was proving to be quite annoying as he walked. The more he actually thought about it, the more he was aware of it which just furthered his slight temper.

(silently pondering if there's a way I can bring Autumn back)

Solstice_X
August 29th, 2017, 07:04 PM
( Leaf She could bumple herself into Euly and his family when they roll into town? Grimshadow Yoiz~ )

"Would it be invasive if I did?" Erin asked, tilted his head questioningly at her, "Even so, I tend to judge people on their character now rather than their past. People are always changing, so the past should be considered, but the present judged." His thought was that if Viv wanted to truly let them know her real identity, she would do it on her own instead of having it coaxed out of her. After all, one is a more meaningful move than the other.

"I was thinking a word game." Zephyr replied, "Myr sometimes calls it 'the trying to not spell a word game'. Rules are simple. We each take turns saying letters that could spell a word. For example, if I was thinking of the word 'magic' and started with an 'm', whoever goes next would add a letter to m that could lead to someone else spelling a word. Whoever spells a word loses a point. You can also doubt another person's letter if you think there are no words that can be spelled with the letter we already have. Each time someone loses a point, the word resets and the next person over starts the next word." He gave each of them a look in turn, "So whaddya' say? Wanna play? Also, let me know if that explanation wasn't clear enough."

Nirei watched the white-haired boy go and silently stalked him from a few steps behind. He thanked the fact that he had his invisibility cloak on him, but he also wondered about who the stalker was. Did they pose a harm to the travelling group? What did they want with them?

(Nirei is following Kalo)

Solstice_X
September 1st, 2017, 09:06 PM
( Grimshadow Leaf )

(Teehee! A lil spoiler~)
Name: M
Appearance (http://b3.ifrm.com/30565/16/0/a3403889/avatar-3403889.jpg)

Name: S
Appearance (https://i.pinimg.com/736x/98/b7/b2/98b7b2963afccb84fe4b123bb0432b0f--flower-girls-beautiful-anime-girl.jpg)

Grimshadow
September 2nd, 2017, 07:29 PM
( We'll be time skipping right away Leaf Solstice_X )

Viv was surprised once again. She didn't expect such an explanation, or to think of how openminded she thought it was, but of course she couldn't let that show to the boy who would certainly get smug if he knew. "...hoho, aha, you're so noble. I only thought you might be curious of a little mystery, I didn't ask you how you think. Never planning on telling anyone anyways, so yes, it would be invasive, I just find it unusual that a magical thief with no known background hasn't been asked about how she came to be." She shrugged sheepishly. "But if we're discussing our views, then I think the past is very important. It leads to everything we are now, doesn't it? At the very least, it's interesting. I'm sure there's some reason you're so moody and detached, and also why I enjoy pestering you so much," she prodded with a grin. "Emotions can't be that hard. Or maybe it's just that your hormones are too difficult for you to handle," she shrugged again. "I dunno, you tell me, unless that's too invasive." she beamed, grin growing larger. "...I'd be glad to know you better," she added wistfully like an afterthought, shuffling her shoulders.

Iedeo listened to the explanation of the word game carefully, not wanting to make a mistake when they started playing. He looked from Zephyr to Alohi, seeing that she was interested, then looked back to Zephyr and gave him a nod. "Sure, that sounds good. Who goes first?"

Leaf
September 4th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Grimshadow Solstice_X )

"Oooo that sounds fun. I think you should start," Alohi said, poking a thumb towards Zephyr. "Since you brought it up." She didn't think she would fare the greatest in this game. Letter by letter to make up a word... yea this was far from anything she might hope to be good at. Nonetheless, a spark was visible in her eyes at the excitement of something new, something that she had never heard of before. She'd try her hardest, as she always did.

Kalo felt like something was watching him. It was something he couldn't shake off though he knew that no one should be behind him. He sighed and looked at his mud covered clothes. He was a mess. Normally he didn't care if he got dirty but his constant failure today simply agitated him. Not to remind himself of that feeling which only added to it. Finally it got to the point where he didn't care if he'd be talking to the wind, he needed to do something about it. "Who's there?" He called out with annoyance ever present in his tone. He hadn't said it so loud that the party could hear him but loud enough that anyone within a few yards of him could.

Solstice_X
September 21st, 2017, 09:47 PM
( Grimshadow Leaf , *leads the timeskip* )

"Uh...E?" Zephyr replied. He was a bit unsure of whether or not tacking that letter onto the word would spell anything. One moment passed, and then another as he put the letters together in his head. E-L-E-M. Those were the letters before tacking on his E. Nope, no word spelled...yet. It was when he was just about to tell Alohi Iedeo to go when the wagon had come to an abrupt stop.

Sometime during their endless trek across plains and grasslands, they had made their way into a shady green forest. Elise was grinning as she rounded towards the back of the wagon and motioned for Iedeo to follow her. As far as she was concerned, only he and a nosy Klaus knew about their plans for a group scavenger hunt later on that evening.

"Why are we stopping?" Erin asked, puzzled. He hadn't the slightest clue as to why the group was stopping mid-afternoon in the middle of a shady green forest. Was Elise up to something?

Nirei had brushed by Kalo, whispering something slightly incoherent before he took off in a quiet run after the group. Not looking back to see if the stranger was in tow, he made quick work of trying to keep up with the party, going as far as to follow them into a forest that he felt odd about. He wasn't entirely sure about it, but entering the forest gave him an odd feeling as he took a couple tentative steps forward before returning to his normal hurried gait.

Grimshadow
October 17th, 2017, 10:06 PM
(Ohhhh heere we go agaaaain~ Leaf Solstice_X )

"N!" Iedeo chimed to add to the word in progress before he was even asked to, before rushing to peak out the front of the wagon between Erin and Viv. "Is there a problem?" was the first thing coming to his head and leaving his mouth as his eyes scanned the forest stretching out for miles before them; a swathing wall of green deciduous trees that were considerably taller than your average, with leaves swaying in the cold breeze. It was hard enough to see what with the sun beginning to dip over the horizon, but the forest made it even harder to tell if there was someone or something lurking within.

At some point after they'd resumed their journey from the lunch break, Viv had dozed off, the rhythmic rising and falling of her chest being the main indication. Her position was rather uncomfortable, while she was leaning against Erin, her head was tipped forwards, and she'd later wish she'd been brave enough to rest her head on his shoulder instead.
The sound of Iedeo was enough to break through the inky blackness of her sleep and she found herself in the aforementioned position. Feeling the arm of Erin against her shoulder was enough to make her blush even half asleep, and she turned her head to look at him, when she felt the twinge of pain in her neck and winced. That was when Viv noticed Iedeo next to them as well, and she paused for a moment before she panic skirted a few good inches away from the blonde boy. "Why're we stopped?"

Leaf
October 21st, 2017, 11:13 AM
Solstice_X Grimshadow )

Alohi, who was internally screaming because she couldn't think of any letters that could form a word, was suddenly jerked out of her mind when the wagon came to a stop. She looked at everyone and caught a glimpse of Viv sleeping against Erin. Oh she'd definitely maybe probably tease her a little about that later. It was just too adorable for there not to be. Her own confusion was added to the mix when she remembered that they'd stopped and it seemed some of the other party members were too.

Kalo had been just looking at the ground for a while, figuring that the wagon would keep going. He happened to look up just in time to do an awkward shuffle-to-the-side-but-you-almost-fall to avoid going headfirst into a tree. He turned his gaze back to the wagon and seeing that it had stopped, leaned against the tree he'd nearly run into. He absentmindedly began picking at more of the dried mud on his arms, hoping that wherever these people were going it was somewhere near a city he could hang out at for a bit.

Solstice_X
November 18th, 2017, 01:50 AM
( Leaf Grimshadow )

“I thought everyone could use a break and a change of scenery since we’ve been on the road for quite a while.” Klaus replied as he hopped off of Melody’s saddle. Casting a wary golden gaze at the surround bush, he wondered if the spot would be safe for everyone to ‘play’ in. While he didn’t doubt that everyone in the party was capable of fending for themselves in the likes of these woods, he also prayed to avoid any possibility of injury. They’d need to keep as much of their healing potions and items that Mina gave them before for Abbadon after all.

Elise had guided Kiera to trot a little further ahead of the group before the stop, and was stationed at the edge of a shaded clearing, “Think there’d be a good spot to set up camp?” Ever since fixing that warped wheel, the blonde had had the feeling that the group was being followed, and wanted nothing more than to get away from whatever was following them. However, she also felt that a little scavenger hunt in this forest while they still had the time would be a good bonding exercise for the group. While Klaus occupies the group getting settled, I’ll take Iedeo out ‘scouting’ to set up the scavenger hunt. A small smile crossed her expression as the thought crossed her mind. She was grateful for Klaus being willing to play along with her and Iedeo’s idea and buy them some time.

Biting back his retort of “Hell if I know what my sister is planning,” Erin just nodded at Klaus’ remark. Though there was still much of the day left for travelling, Elise seemed to be sending him a silent message in her eyes to play along with what Klaus was ‘asking’. “I’ve no problem with a break,” he huffed as he reclined back in the driver’s seat, “some extra weight to carry along has made be a bit tired and in want of a nap.” There was a pause as he casted a pointed sidelong glance at Viv before looking forward at the shaded grove his sister indicated, “Well, what’re we waiting for?”

Fax simply burbled. The ball of magic, light, purity, and all that was good was snuggly wrapped in some of the burlap blankets in the back of the caravan. It seemed to exist in a state of ornate peacefulness as Myr, who had moved from the front of the wagon to the back sometime during their journey, watched the blob with interest. He’d never really seen anything like it and was intrigued at the possibilities of what it could do. Was it some sort of pet companion? Why did it ‘bubble’ when it ‘slept’? What exactly was it? All these questions and more plagued his mind as the thought of the abrupt stop slipped his mind and he just found himself absentmindedly nodding to whatever everyone else in the party was saying.