PDA

View Full Version : Nyala's Home

Nettleclaw
July 15th, 2017, 11:27 AM
Open! I welcome visitors, but please ask before posting.
PM me if you want to be a contributing part of this plot.

Nettleclaw
July 15th, 2017, 11:28 AM
The twoleg kits are at it again, running around tagging and hiding from each other. Nyala keeps safe under the dining room table calling out to her kits, "Rain! Melody! Hurry up!"

"Relax, mom," Cream mews, sitting on the chair above her, "They know to stay away while the twolegs play."

"Only after they nearly trampled Melody." Nyala waved her tail anxiously. She had almost instructed Cream to go find them, when she noticed them taking their time coming down the stairs. "Kits! Let's go outside until the twolegs calm down."

Melody and Rain looked at each other and sighed. They knew they were okay where they were, but to avoid the short tempered wrath of their mother, they obediently scrambled under the table to follow her through the kitchen and out the door flap into the backyard.

The setting sun is still hot, air thick and grass wet from the earlier storm that only lasted several moments. Melody hops down from the concrete step into the grass and rolls around as if she were trying to swim.

"The grass getting high." Rain sits down and watches her sister roll around. "I hope the twolegs forget to shorten it again, I liked chasing around those beetles."

Nyala looks suspiciously at the two, as they usually complained about being forced outside for their safety. "Melody, get back up here. I don't want you getting sick."

Melody pouts and climbs back up the step, her fur almost completely soaked. She peers over at Rain just as she started yawning and sprung onto her back from behind Nyala. "H-Hey!" Rain yowled, "Get off! I just groomed!" More amused than upset though, she starts wrestling with Melody.

Nyala purrs, tapping her tail as she watched the far edge of the fence. She hoped her mate would come along and take away some of this headache. But of course, I have to be the one to keep everyone in check. She thinks as she peeks her head through the door flap to see Cream still sitting in the chair. "Cream!" she yowls angerly, and with a startled flop, he comes running outside.

Nettleclaw
July 22nd, 2017, 10:57 AM
"Are we leaving now?" Cream mews to Nyala, his ears folded back.

"Leaving?" Nyala tilts her head, "What are you talking about?"

Rain raises her head to speak, but Melody yowls out first, "Dad's taking us to the garden tonight!"

"Melody!" Rain bops her sister on her head, "He wanted to surprise her! And your just as mouse-brained, Cream."

A spark of panic rose in Nyala's chest. She hasn't been to the garden since she was taken in as a kittypet, and it wasn't the safest of places. To leave the back yard is one thing, but to go there with her kits... "Surprise me? That's a terrible idea! The cats there aren't our friends, and to go at night is dangerous."

"Then we'll make them our friends!" Melody purrs, pleading with wide eyes for her mother to change her mind.

"No." Nyala stares back at Melody with sharp eyes. "Stay here, I'm going to help your father plan something else for us to do tonight." She leaps into the grass and makes her way around the fence.

~

"...Why can't she just let us do what we want?" Cream sighed, "Seriously, what could happen?"

"She said we will get hurt, like it's unavoidable." Rain mews. "I mean, we get hurt just being in the backyard sometimes. We've managed."

"And there are only other cats at the garden, right?" Melody adds, "Probably just like us, wanting to get out and and have more friends to play with!"

"Your the only one who thinks that." Rain teases Melody, flipping her ear.