PDA

View Full Version : The Genie of the Alley

AnayaDusksong
July 14th, 2017, 10:05 PM
One of the many alleys in the twolegplace belongs to a former kittypet named Genie. His alley almost sits in the middle of it all -- or at least he likes to think so. Truth be told, Genie doesn't know where his alley stands among the vast twolegplace. Nearby, there's a part of the twolegplace that's completely made of stone, crowded by twolegs, has towering dens that can reach the sky, and has many more twoleg dens than the neighborhood he used to live in. The rest of the territory around him is peaceful little neighborhoods -- his favorite place to relax. And the rest of the world is a mystery. Genie loves his alley and the neighborhood that he calls home, but the stone towers are always looming at the back of his mind. Surely one trip to the gray area couldn't hurt, right?

--

Genie awoke surrounded by black walls, sunlight filtering from a small hole in the dark ceiling. Morning already? But I was having the best dream ever! The small tom's stomach growled and stung him, reminding him how long it had been since he'd eaten. Ah well, I gotta get up sometime. Genie clambered to his paws and felt around until he found the dark tunnel exit. He began to squeeze through, and realized that the tunnel was getting smaller and smaller with each passing day. Either that, or he was getting bigger. How old was he now, anyways? He couldn't really tell anymore. Somewhere around a season and a half. Nine moons, maybe.

Light blinded Genie's vision as he finally emerged from the tunnel. Blinking, he turned his attention to the puddles dotting his alley. It must've rained last night, Genie observed. He trotted over to the largest and looked in. A solid brown tom with one yellow and one blue eye blinked back at him, the scorching sun glaring him down from behind. He looked ready for anything, and knew that he was ready to go. So off he went, padding down the street in search of his next meal.

AnayaDusksong
July 16th, 2017, 03:06 PM
Bumpity-bump~~

slappedpancake
July 16th, 2017, 03:19 PM
jeezus, 2 day bump? lemme help u out))

Oreo padded along the sidewalk, the heat radiating off of it burning his paws. He passed many alleyways as he walked, sometimes looking down one. He never expected to see anything, only maybe a few rats and some moths. He was absolutely terrified of moths, its what Twolegs would call mottephobia. Oreo's black-and-white pelt nearly shined under the sun, as he always kept it nicely groomed.

wickedvirtues
July 16th, 2017, 03:57 PM
Rye (my traveling loner): http://i60.tinypic.com/28hk509.jpg

A cream tom walked obliviously through the two-leg place, his tail swaying as he was careful to avoid any two-legs. Rye continued down the odd hot stone path, not sure what two-legs called it. He scented the air, his stomach growling as Rye remembered he hadn't eaten in a few Sunrises. "I'd better find something that isn't two-leg garbage" he mewed to himself, smelling mouse. Surprised and pleased, he began to track the scent.

AnayaDusksong
July 16th, 2017, 05:06 PM
CandyFlossCat
Forgetsong ((Thanks. :33 ))

Genie dropped into a crouch, the palepath searing his belly as he slithered forward; cool grass soothed him as he made hus way toward a housefolk's home. There was a mouse very close by -- he could smell its warm scent coming from just around the corner of the large den. Cautiously, he poked his head around the white wall. Aha! Found it! The small tom made sure to tread lightly as he wandered closer to the mouse, which was too busy grooming itself to notice the cat closing in on it. When he was within close range of the mouse, he sprang. Genie's jaws closed around his prey quickly, cutting off its squeal of terror and leaving him with a deep feeling of pride.

"Out! Get out! My yard!"

Genie whipped around to find a white dog, much larger than he was, barking at him.

"My yard! Get out!"

Terrified, Genie let out a muffled yowl around his catch and took off, the dog bolting after him. "Dog!" he cried, the long-furred beast snapping at his tail. "Help!!"

wickedvirtues
July 16th, 2017, 05:42 PM
CandyFlossCat
Forgetsong ((Thanks. :33 ))

Genie dropped into a crouch, the palepath searing his belly as he slithered forward; cool grass soothed him as he made hus way toward a housefolk's home. There was a mouse very close by -- he could smell its warm scent coming from just around the corner of the large den. Cautiously, he poked his head around the white wall. Aha! Found it! The small tom made sure to tread lightly as he wandered closer to the mouse, which was too busy grooming itself to notice the cat closing in on it. When he was within close range of the mouse, he sprang. Genie's jaws closed around his prey quickly, cutting off its squeal of terror and leaving him with a deep feeling of pride.

"Out! Get out! My yard!"

Genie whipped around to find a white dog, much larger than he was, barking at him.

"My yard! Get out!"

Terrified, Genie let out a muffled yowl around his catch and took off, the dog bolting after him. "Dog!" he cried, the long-furred beast snapping at his tail. "Help!!"

Rye followed the source of the barks, his fur bristling. "Okay, there was a dog." He grumbled to himself, fluffing his fur to make him look much bigger than he was. He was already a decent size, so he looked about half the dogs size. "Get out of here" he growled to it, unsheathing his claws and hissing, baring long fangs as his pupils turned to slits.

AnayaDusksong
July 16th, 2017, 06:02 PM
CandyFlossCat

Genie dove behind the larger cat, shrinking against the ground, confused and afraid. He watched with fear as the cream-furred stranger conversed with the dog. Oh no. Oh no. Oh please, make that... that monster go away!

The dog regarded Rye with an odd mixture of curiosity and outrage. "You get out!" it growled back, taking a menacing step forward.

wickedvirtues
July 16th, 2017, 06:25 PM
CandyFlossCat

Genie dove behind the larger cat, shrinking against the ground, confused and afraid. He watched with fear as the cream-furred stranger conversed with the dog. Oh no. Oh no. Oh please, make that... that monster go away!

The dog regarded Rye with an odd mixture of curiosity and outrage. "You get out!" it growled back, taking a menacing step forward.

"Listen, mutt" Rye began, his ears pinning back with fear and annoyance. "We'll get out if you stop chasing us. Cat's honor." He said with a cool tone, dipping his head. Using his friendly wit to try and get himself and the other tom out of this situation.

slappedpancake
July 16th, 2017, 06:43 PM
"Listen, mutt" Rye began, his ears pinning back with fear and annoyance. "We'll get out if you stop chasing us. Cat's honor." He said with a cool tone, dipping his head. Using his friendly wit to try and get himself and the other tom out of this situation.

Oreo flicked his ears when he started to hear barking and meowing. Oh, this can't be good, he thought. His small stature wouldn't be helpful in this situation, but he started running towards the sounds just to see what was happening.

wickedvirtues
July 16th, 2017, 07:08 PM
Oreo flicked his ears when he started to hear barking and meowing. Oh, this can't be good, he thought. His small stature wouldn't be helpful in this situation, but he started running towards the sounds just to see what was happening.

Rye flicked his gaze to Oreo. "It's three against one, dog. If you let us free, nobody will be hurt." He continued talking to the dog, his demeanor calm though ready to fight if he had to. Three cats vs. one dog wouldn't be too bad. Would it?

slappedpancake
July 16th, 2017, 07:14 PM
Rye flicked his gaze to Oreo. "It's three against one, dog. If you let us free, nobody will be hurt." He continued talking to the dog, his demeanor calm though ready to fight if he had to. Three cats vs. one dog wouldn't be too bad. Would it?

Oreo's shoulder fur bristled, watching the dog with nervousness in his eyes. He looked at the two other cats, his tail lashing. He then looked back at the dog, unsheathing his claws, as he felt more confident.

AnayaDusksong
July 16th, 2017, 07:24 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

At this point, Genie wasn't cowering in fear, nor was he even paying attention to the dog! He was awestruck, all his focus on the cream tom. He'd never met anyone brave enough to stand up to a dog (granted, he was hardly a year old, but still)! The dog seemed to be growing nervous as the number of cats grew and the cream tom became bolder with his words. It continued to growl for a minute, then snorted and withdrew.

"Go. Now. And don't come back if you value your lives."

Genie stood his ground until the dog was out of sight, then let out a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. The small chocolate tom smiled and bounded up to his rescuer. "Thank you for standing up to that awful, smelly dog!" he said quickly, his tail lashing. "I've never seen anyone stand up to a dog like that! Especially one that big! Never-ever!! What's your name? My name's Genie! Is this other cat your friend? Did you two come just to save me? Thank you, thank you, thank you sooooo much!!"

slappedpancake
July 16th, 2017, 07:46 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

At this point, Genie wasn't cowering in fear, nor was he even paying attention to the dog! He was awestruck, all his focus on the cream tom. He'd never met anyone brave enough to stand up to a dog (granted, he was hardly a year old, but still)! The dog seemed to be growing nervous as the number of cats grew and the cream tom became bolder with his words. It continued to growl for a minute, then snorted and withdrew.

Genie stood his ground until the dog was out of sight, then let out a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. The small chocolate tom smiled and bounded up to his rescuer. "Thank you for standing up to that awful, smelly dog!" he said quickly, his tail lashing. "I've never seen anyone stand up to a dog like that! Especially one that big! Never-ever!! What's your name? My name's Genie! Is this other cat your friend? Did you two come just to save me? Thank you, thank you, thank you sooooo much!!"

Oreo sighed, and relaxed, his tail laying flat on the ground. He also looked at the cream tom, surprised at how he stood up to the dog. He flicked his ears in surprise as well.

wickedvirtues
July 16th, 2017, 07:48 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Dipping his head, Rye smirked. Good choice, and we won't return." He replied to the dog, padding away with his tail high. He turned to the smaller tom, the one he had saved, with an amused look. "It was no problem, I've seen crueler." He replied, trying to keep up with the questions and statements. "I learned they're not all stupid if you keep a calm thought process, Rye, that's a nice name, er - I don't actually know him, sort of, and it's no problem." Rye managed to say quickly, surprised how quickly the cat was speaking.

slappedpancake
July 16th, 2017, 07:54 PM
Dipping his head, Rye smirked. Good choice, and we won't return." He replied to the dog, padding away with his tail high. He turned to the smaller tom, the one he had saved, with an amused look. "It was no problem, I've seen crueler." He replied, trying to keep up with the questions and statements. "I learned they're not all stupid if you keep a calm thought process, Rye, that's a nice name, er - I don't actually know him, sort of, and it's no problem." Rye managed to say quickly, surprised how quickly the cat was speaking.

Oreo lowered his head in a nod. He looked back at Genie and stated, "My name is Oreo," he said, lifting his tail into the air.

AnayaDusksong
July 16th, 2017, 07:58 PM
@CandyFlossCat (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=2597) @Forgetsong (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=48)

Genie grinned wide. "Nice to meet you, Rye!" he mewed, then turned to the other strange tom, waggled his haunches, and pounced, awkwardly landing at his paws. "Nice to meet you too, Oreo!"

wickedvirtues
July 16th, 2017, 08:06 PM
@CandyFlossCat (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=2597) @Forgetsong (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=48)

Genie grinned wide. "Nice to meet you, Rye!" he mewed, then turned to the other strange tom, waggled his haunches, and pounced, awkwardly landing at his paws. "Nice to meet you too, Oreo!"

Chuckling, Rye sat. It couldn't hurt to stay in one area for a bit, right? "So, how old are you Genie?" He asked, the cat didn't look to agile or good at surviving, but he had to be if he'd made it on the streets with dogs and hostile cats.

AnayaDusksong
July 16th, 2017, 08:16 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Genie bristled in surprise. "Oh! Um..." His fur quickly grew hot with embarrassment. "I'm...not...really...sure..." He thought for a moment, then said, "Nine moons, maybe...?"

slappedpancake
July 16th, 2017, 08:24 PM
Oreo sat down as well, flicking his tail in curiosity. A cat who was not even a year old? Stumbling upon a dog? Genie was lucky Rye showed up in time.

wickedvirtues
July 16th, 2017, 08:25 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Genie bristled in surprise. "Oh! Um..." His fur quickly grew hot with embarrassment. "I'm...not...really...sure..." He thought for a moment, then said, "Nine moons, maybe...?"

"Sort of young to be out here alone.." Rye muttered to himself. He looked down at Genie. "So, Genie, how long have you lived out here?" He asked curiously, his ears pricked.

AnayaDusksong
July 16th, 2017, 08:33 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

"Well, I don't know," Genie admitted a little easier than he had admitted to not knowing his age. "Not very long. I kind of miss my mom, but it's getting to be okay." He smiled nervously and sat down, curling his twitching tail around his paws.

wickedvirtues
July 16th, 2017, 08:54 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

"Well, I don't know," Genie admitted a little easier than he had admitted to not knowing his age. "Not very long. I kind of miss my mom, but it's getting to be okay." He smiled nervously and sat down, curling his twitching tail around his paws.

Not wanting to intrude, Rye simply dipped his head sympathetically and then tried to change the subject. "Well I hope it gets easier for you" he purred, a smile on his face. "Unsure what else he could say, he glanced at Oreo with a look that said 'help me make conversation'.
Forgetsong

slappedpancake
July 16th, 2017, 09:04 PM
Not wanting to intrude, Rye simply dipped his head sympathetically and then tried to change the subject. "Well I hope it gets easier for you" he purred, a smile on his face. "Unsure what else he could say, he glanced at Oreo with a look that said 'help me make conversation'.
Forgetsong

Oreo nods slightly at Rye before turning to Genie and saying, "Where do you live, Genie..?" He gives himself a lick on the chest, flicking his ears to get some dirt off.

AnayaDusksong
July 16th, 2017, 09:10 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Without warning, Genie perked up, leaping to his paws and bouncing around the two older toms. "Oh! Oh! You guys should come see it! It's super cool, and you're gonna love it! It's this awesome alley that I think is in the middle of the whooooooole twoleg place! You just gotta see it! I made a nest for myself there and everything -- just like a real stray cat!" Without awaiting an answer, Genie bolted back where he had come from, ready to show his new friends his home.

slappedpancake
July 16th, 2017, 10:13 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Without warning, Genie perked up, leaping to his paws and bouncing around the two older toms. "Oh! Oh! You guys should come see it! It's super cool, and you're gonna love it! It's this awesome alley that I think is in the middle of the whooooooole twoleg place! You just gotta see it! I made a nest for myself there and everything -- just like a real stray cat!" Without awaiting an answer, Genie bolted back where he had come from, ready to show his new friends his home.

Oreo suddenly jumped up and sped after Genie, surprised at his compulsiveness. As he raced down the sidewalk after the young cat, he looked around the area he was in. This was not one of the areas Oreo had not explored yet.

wickedvirtues
July 16th, 2017, 10:15 PM
Oreo suddenly jumped up and sped after Genie, surprised at his compulsiveness. As he raced down the sidewalk after the young cat, he looked around the area he was in. This was not one of the areas Oreo had not explored yet.

Startled, Rye followed quickly after the two others, long legs pounding the hot stone underneath as he tried to keep pace with Genie. He was amazed how quick the small cat was, as he could only see the tip of his tail as he continued after him.

AnayaDusksong
July 16th, 2017, 11:06 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Genie screeched to a quick halt as he spotted his alley across the blackpath -- it sat quietly between the empty home with the rose bush and the foodplace, where twolegs constantly went in and came out with strange packages full of food. "There it is!" he called back to Rye and Oreo. "Cool, isn't it? It looks like today is a busy day at the foodplace, so we can't just hang out in the alley. Oh! You can still see my nest though! Come on!!" He took caution as he watched twolegs coming and going in the area and slithered over to the other side of the empty home.

Expertly, the small cat squeezed through the entrance to his secret crawlspace under the den and wriggled out to his alley. Genie waited behind the shelter of twoleg rubbish-holder for a gap in the flow of twolegs before darting over to the long tunnel that went up the side of the foodplace. Genie stopped at the corner of the pipe to rest, then smiled, unsheathing his claws and digging them into the metal as best he could, then began to wiggle upwards. It felt like forever before he finally got to the top, which was an open ledge that wrapped around the top of the gray building. Genie cautiously looked over the side to check for any watching twolegs, then began to crawl on his belly through the damp ledge until he came to a hole in the side of the top of the foodplace. Checking once more for any watching twolegs, Genie dashed through the hole and into his very own den in a large, empty area in the top of the building. Sunlight draped down from a hole in the roof, giving the space a pale, yellow-grayish glow. Twoleg rubbish lay scattered around the place, and an empty bird nest hung in the rafters high above. And in the back of the den there was a nest of grass, a few feathers, and what looked to be one of the twolegs' strange, colorful pelts, which Genie happily made his way over to and sat in.

"Feels good to be home," he purred, curling up on the soft twoleg pelt.

slappedpancake
July 16th, 2017, 11:42 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Genie screeched to a quick halt as he spotted his alley across the blackpath -- it sat quietly between the empty home with the rose bush and the foodplace, where twolegs constantly went in and came out with strange packages full of food. "There it is!" he called back to Rye and Oreo. "Cool, isn't it? It looks like today is a busy day at the foodplace, so we can't just hang out in the alley. Oh! You can still see my nest though! Come on!!" He took caution as he watched twolegs coming and going in the area and slithered over to the other side of the empty home.

Expertly, the small cat squeezed through the entrance to his secret crawlspace under the den and wriggled out to his alley. Genie waited behind the shelter of twoleg rubbish-holder for a gap in the flow of twolegs before darting over to the long tunnel that went up the side of the foodplace. Genie stopped at the corner of the pipe to rest, then smiled, unsheathing his claws and digging them into the metal as best he could, then began to wiggle upwards. It felt like forever before he finally got to the top, which was an open ledge that wrapped around the top of the gray building. Genie cautiously looked over the side to check for any watching twolegs, then began to crawl on his belly through the damp ledge until he came to a hole in the side of the top of the foodplace. Checking once more for any watching twolegs, Genie dashed through the hole and into his very own den in a large, empty area in the top of the building. Sunlight draped down from a hole in the roof, giving the space a pale, yellow-grayish glow. Twoleg rubbish lay scattered around the place, and an empty bird nest hung in the rafters high above. And in the back of the den there was a nest of grass, a few feathers, and what looked to be one of the twolegs' strange, colorful pelts, which Genie happily made his way over to and sat in.

"Feels good to be home," he purred, curling up on the soft twoleg pelt.

How small is this cat? Oreo thought, squeezing through the entrance. Following Genie the best he could, he did not care about the Twolegs seeing him, as many had before while he was exploring the neighborhood. His tail stood tall, quite interested in the area Genie was taking him.

AnayaDusksong
July 16th, 2017, 11:59 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Genie's ears and tail perked as Oreo entered his den and he smiled. "Welcome, Oreo!" he purred excitedly. "Hey! Hey! Guess what! You're the first cat to ever see my den! So, what do you think? It's super cool, right?" He kneaded his nest impatiently, joy radiating from his smile and filling the space.

slappedpancake
July 17th, 2017, 12:18 AM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Genie's ears and tail perked as Oreo entered his den and he smiled. "Welcome, Oreo!" he purred excitedly. "Hey! Hey! Guess what! You're the first cat to ever see my den! So, what do you think? It's super cool, right?" He kneaded his nest impatiently, joy radiating from his smile and filling the space.

Oreo flicked his tail. "Yes, it's great! I'm surprised you've hidden this place from the Twolegs outside!" Oreo begins to look around, sniffing here and there.

AnayaDusksong
July 17th, 2017, 10:36 AM
Forgetsong CandyFlossCat

Genie's grin grew wider. "I'm so glad you like it! This place is super cozy, although, it does get kind of wet when it rains. It's okay though! This pelt keeps me warm and dry whenever that happens!" He quickly rolled himself up in the pelt until it covered him almost completely. "See?" He chuckled, then glanced around. "Oh wait, where's Rye?" Genie unraveled himself from the soft pelt and stood. "I'll go look -- he might have gotten stuck somewhere."

wickedvirtues
July 17th, 2017, 10:55 AM
Forgetsong CandyFlossCat

Genie's grin grew wider. "I'm so glad you like it! This place is super cozy, although, it does get kind of wet when it rains. It's okay though! This pelt keeps me warm and dry whenever that happens!" He quickly rolled himself up in the pelt until it covered him almost completely. "See?" He chuckled, then glanced around. "Oh wait, where's Rye?" Genie unraveled himself from the soft pelt and stood. "I'll go look -- he might have gotten stuck somewhere."

Rye bolted into the place a second later, panting with a smile on his maw. "Y-You run fast.." he mewed, impressed. "N-Nice place.." he managed out, gazing around the little alley. "Don't two-legs bother you, though?" He asked, managing to get his breath back.

AnayaDusksong
July 17th, 2017, 12:43 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

"There you are!" Genie greeted excitedly. "Thanks! And actually, twolegs never come up here! Which is surprising, since this is a pretty cool part of the foodplace -- probably the best part of it!" He paused for a moment, thinking, then said, "Well, I guess that this is the best part of the foodplace because the twolegs don't come up here, so if they did, they'd ruin it. So yeah! This is the perfect den for a cool, sneaky, wild stray cat like me! Oh!" He ran up and pounced at Rye. "You guys could stay here to, if you wanted! I wouldn't mind!"

wickedvirtues
July 17th, 2017, 12:54 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

"There you are!" Genie greeted excitedly. "Thanks! And actually, twolegs never come up here! Which is surprising, since this is a pretty cool part of the foodplace -- probably the best part of it!" He paused for a moment, thinking, then said, "Well, I guess that this is the best part of the foodplace because the twolegs don't come up here, so if they did, they'd ruin it. So yeah! This is the perfect den for a cool, sneaky, wild stray cat like me! Oh!" He ran up and pounced at Rye. "You guys could stay here to, if you wanted! I wouldn't mind!"

"Well at least they don't bother you." Rye purred, his tail swaying. "Two-legs ruin everything" he snorted, glancing at the dens around Genie's little den. Considering the offer, Rye smiled and shrugged. "What's the harm for staying in the same place for a little bit? Sure, i'll stay for awhile." He purred, mostly he was making sure Genie would be safe, ever since the dog he'd been a bit worried for the small toms survival out here. He'd lasted long, but what if a dog or even a cruel rogue managed to get in?

AnayaDusksong
July 17th, 2017, 01:05 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Upon hearing Rye's answer, Genie began bouncing around the place gleefully. "Yes!" he cried in delight. He whirled around and sat in front of Rye, his tail swishing up small clouds of dust. "You know, I've been kind of lonely up here on my own. I haven't seen my momma or my sisters or my brother in forever. I miss them so much. But now, maybe you can help me find them!" He leapt to his paws again and began to bounce around his den once more, mewling excitedly.

wickedvirtues
July 17th, 2017, 01:32 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Upon hearing Rye's answer, Genie began bouncing around the place gleefully. "Yes!" he cried in delight. He whirled around and sat in front of Rye, his tail swishing up small clouds of dust. "You know, I've been kind of lonely up here on my own. I haven't seen my momma or my sisters or my brother in forever. I miss them so much. But now, maybe you can help me find them!" He leapt to his paws again and began to bounce around his den once more, mewling excitedly.

"Did something happen to them?" Rye asked, his head slightly tilting as he looked at Genie. Okay, so now he knew why he was all alone out here, but what happened to his family?

AnayaDusksong
July 17th, 2017, 01:59 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Genie stopped in his tracks and thought for a moment. "Well, kinda...." he said, turning to Rye. "...Yeah, I guess something did happen. We used to live in the yard of an empty twoleg home, when I was really little. Then some twolegs came to live there, too. I don't think they liked us much, because later some twolegs in white pelts came and all the twolegs there put us in cold, hard, strange web-like things and took us to a weird place. There were cats and dogs there, and I thought I heard a few other animals too, but I never saw them. Everyone there seemed sad, and I don't know why..." He paused again, thinking, then continued his story.

"After a few days, different twolegs started to come in and take other dogs and cats away, then they two of my sisters away, then one came and took me. Only my sister Pixie, my brother Wizard, and Momma were left, and I don't know what happened to them, because next thing I knew, I was inside one of the twolegs' monsters! It took me to a pink twoleg den, where my new housefolk, Jenny, took care of me for a while. It was nice at first, but soon I started to miss Momma and my sisters and my brothers a lot. So I left Jenny and started my life as a stray cat to look for my family. Then I found my nest and my alley, and now I've found you guys!" Genie grinned. "So, will you help me find my family?"

wickedvirtues
July 17th, 2017, 03:24 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Genie stopped in his tracks and thought for a moment. "Well, kinda...." he said, turning to Rye. "...Yeah, I guess something did happen. We used to live in the yard of an empty twoleg home, when I was really little. Then some twolegs came to live there, too. I don't think they liked us much, because later some twolegs in white pelts came and all the twolegs there put us in cold, hard, strange web-like things and took us to a weird place. There were cats and dogs there, and I thought I heard a few other animals too, but I never saw them. Everyone there seemed sad, and I don't know why..." He paused again, thinking, then continued his story.

"After a few days, different twolegs started to come in and take other dogs and cats away, then they two of my sisters away, then one came and took me. Only my sister Pixie, my brother Wizard, and Momma were left, and I don't know what happened to them, because next thing I knew, I was inside one of the twolegs' monsters! It took me to a pink twoleg den, where my new housefolk, Jenny, took care of me for a while. It was nice at first, but soon I started to miss Momma and my sisters and my brothers a lot. So I left Jenny and started my life as a stray cat to look for my family. Then I found my nest and my alley, and now I've found you guys!" Genie grinned. "So, will you help me find my family?"

Taking pity on the small tom, Rye nodded. "I'll help you find your family, as much as I can anyways." He said softly, standing. "We should hunt and get some rest before we head out, if you were thinking of going soon. We'll get more energy that way." He added, his tail twitching as he gazed around the two-leg place. His quick stop-by and saving the tom from a dog had turned into finding his family. Rye shrugged, he needed adventure in his life before he turned into a boring old elder who had to settle in one place before he died. He had plenty of moons before that, but still. Adventure was fun, and a thrill never hurt anyone. Right?

slappedpancake
July 17th, 2017, 06:03 PM
Taking pity on the small tom, Rye nodded. "I'll help you find your family, as much as I can anyways." He said softly, standing. "We should hunt and get some rest before we head out, if you were thinking of going soon. We'll get more energy that way." He added, his tail twitching as he gazed around the two-leg place. His quick stop-by and saving the tom from a dog had turned into finding his family. Rye shrugged, he needed adventure in his life before he turned into a boring old elder who had to settle in one place before he died. He had plenty of moons before that, but still. Adventure was fun, and a thrill never hurt anyone. Right?

Oreo flicked his ears in agreement, though he had never ventured past the twolegplace. He did not know what was to come on their way, nor where they were going.

AnayaDusksong
July 17th, 2017, 06:36 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Suddenly Genie was stabbed with hunger pains, reminding him he hadn't eaten yet and the he had dropped his prey while running from the dog earlier. He gave Rye a tight smile. "Yeah, that's probably a good idea. Though... I don't really feel like hunting right now..." He thought for a moment, then grinned wide. "Ooh! I have an idea! Follow me!" With that, he trotted over to the exit of the den and made his way back out.

slappedpancake
July 17th, 2017, 06:42 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Suddenly Genie was stabbed with hunger pains, reminding him he hadn't eaten yet and the he had dropped his prey while running from the dog earlier. He gave Rye a tight smile. "Yeah, that's probably a good idea. Though... I don't really feel like hunting right now..." He thought for a moment, then grinned wide. "Ooh! I have an idea! Follow me!" With that, he trotted over to the exit of the den and made his way back out.

Oreo rolled his eyes and followed behind Genie the best he could, his blue eyes shining every time he entered the sunlight.

wickedvirtues
July 17th, 2017, 06:53 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Hoping he wasn't going to eat two-leg garbage when he'd have to hunt for every meal he got on their journey, he followed Genie curiously. They had to be eating something decent if they're were no two-legs around to supply food, right? Rats, mice, maybe a squirrel.. his mouth flooded at the promise of something to eat.

AnayaDusksong
July 17th, 2017, 07:09 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Genie guided Rye and Oreo down the palepath when they were in the clear of any twolegs swarming the foodplace. After walking straight for awhile, Genie made a left turn toward a row of abandoned twoleg dens and made his way toward one taken over by ivy. He sat at the blocked entrance and looked back at his friends. "Sit behind me. These cats are kind of mean to new friends, but that's only because they don't know they're friends yet." Genie smiled, then turned to the closed entrance once more. "Tinkerbell!" he called.

slappedpancake
July 17th, 2017, 07:12 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Genie guided Rye and Oreo down the palepath when they were in the clear of any twolegs swarming the foodplace. After walking straight for awhile, Genie made a left turn toward a row of abandoned twoleg dens and made his way toward one taken over by ivy. He sat at the blocked entrance and looked back at his friends. "Sit behind me. These cats are kind of mean to new friends, but that's only because they don't know they're friends yet." Genie smiled, then turned to the closed entrance once more. "Tinkerbell!" he called.

Oreo held his breath, sitting behind Genie. His tail was twitching, nervous about meeting these friends Genie had.

AnayaDusksong
July 17th, 2017, 07:53 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Everything was silent for a moment. Genie was debating whether or not to call for her again when he heard a scratching sound behind the wooden blockage in the entrance. He then turned his head up to the crack at the top of the door to see a pair of piercing eyes staring through at him and his friends.

"Who's there?" called a smooth voice.

"Tinkerbell!" Genie mewed in delight. "It's me, Genie! I hope you don't mind, but I brought some new friends!"

"Genie? Hold on for a bit. I'm in the middle of some business, but I'll send someone out to let you and your...friends...in."

Genie nodded and the eyes disappeared. It wasn't long before a white she-cat with orange and black spots came to greet them. "Hello, Genie!" she mewed cheerfully. "Have trouble finding prey again? Don't worry. It's been plentiful over here, so you can take whatever you'd like." She glanced at Rye and Oreo through narrowed green eyes and added in a slightly darker tone, "Who are these two? Are they friends of yours?"

Genie nodded vigorously. "Hi Spots -- nice to see you! Oh yeah! They're going to help me find my family, too!"

Spots scanned the two older toms suspiciously. "Are they now?" She sighed and smiled back down at Genie. "Well then, follow me." Spots turned and began to trot toward the back of the twoleg home, her ginger tail swishing anxiously. Genie smiled and made a nodding gesture to Spots at his friends.

"Come on!" he mewed excitedly before taking off after the calico she-cat.

wickedvirtues
July 17th, 2017, 08:04 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Everything was silent for a moment. Genie was debating whether or not to call for her again when he heard a scratching sound behind the wooden blockage in the entrance. He then turned his head up to the crack at the top of the door to see a pair of piercing eyes staring through at him and his friends.

"Who's there?" called a smooth voice.

"Tinkerbell!" Genie mewed in delight. "It's me, Genie! I hope you don't mind, but I brought some new friends!"

"Genie? Hold on for a bit. I'm in the middle of some business, but I'll send someone out to let you and your...friends...in."

Genie nodded and the eyes disappeared. It wasn't long before a white she-cat with orange and black spots came to greet them. "Hello, Genie!" she mewed cheerfully. "Have trouble finding prey again? Don't worry. It's been plentiful over here, so you can take whatever you'd like." She glanced at Rye and Oreo through narrowed green eyes and added in a slightly darker tone, "Who are these two? Are they friends of yours?"

Genie nodded vigorously. "Hi Spots -- nice to see you! Oh yeah! They're going to help me find my family, too!"

Spots scanned the two older toms suspiciously. "Are they now?" She sighed and smiled back down at Genie. "Well then, follow me." Spots turned and began to trot toward the back of the twoleg home, her ginger tail swishing anxiously. Genie smiled and made a nodding gesture to Spots at his friends.

"Come on!" he mewed excitedly before taking off after the calico she-cat.

Shrugging, but glad for the opportunity of a free meal, he followed Genie curiously. He was a bit weary of the two new cats, but trusted them if they were Genie's friends. He gazed around, ears pricked and paws moving as quick as he could.

AnayaDusksong
July 17th, 2017, 08:15 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Spots stopped at the back of the den and jumped up onto a ledge high up above the ground. She sat there quietly, awaiting the others to join her. Genie waggled his haunches, then leapt at the wooden ledge, his forepaws making it just enough so that he could dig his claws in and attempt to hoist himself up. Seeing the small brown tom struggle, Spots grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and dragged him up to her perch. Then the she-cat's pointed gaze was on the strangers once more.

slappedpancake
July 17th, 2017, 08:41 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Spots stopped at the back of the den and jumped up onto a ledge high up above the ground. She sat there quietly, awaiting the others to join her. Genie waggled his haunches, then leapt at the wooden ledge, his forepaws making it just enough so that he could dig his claws in and attempt to hoist himself up. Seeing the small brown tom struggle, Spots grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and dragged him up to her perch. Then the she-cat's pointed gaze was on the strangers once more.

Oreo paused for a moment before leaping up. His small body mean he had to use about the same amount of effort as Genie. Maybe more. Oreo tried, but ended up with the same thing that happened to Genie, hanging onto the ledge with his claws.

wickedvirtues
July 17th, 2017, 08:41 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Rye easily hopped onto the ledge, slightly struggling to get a good grasp on the material but finally managing to stand without slipping or loosing footing under one paw or another. He looked at Spots, deciding not to say anything, rather flash a friendly smile. He knew she didn't trust him or Oreo, yet he sat and neatly curled his tail around his paws, waiting patiently.

AnayaDusksong
July 17th, 2017, 09:04 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Spots sighed as Oreo began to have trouble climbing up. Like with Genie, she helped him onto the ledge, then hopped over the other side and onto a soft boulder. Inside the old twoleg den, there were many cats of all sorts of shapes, sizes, and colors. Spots turned back to the cats on the ledge above and grinned mischievously. "Welcome to the colony," she purred. With that, Spots left them and joined a gray-furred tom and a reddish she-cat by a patch of grass and moss that had begun to grow through the rotting floorboards. Genie smiled and hopped down onto the soft boulder, his tail flicking.

"Come on!" he called. "Let's say hi to Tinkerbell before we eat!"

wickedvirtues
July 17th, 2017, 09:20 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Spots sighed as Oreo began to have trouble climbing up. Like with Genie, she helped him onto the ledge, then hopped over the other side and onto a soft boulder. Inside the old twoleg den, there were many cats of all sorts of shapes, sizes, and colors. Spots turned back to the cats on the ledge above and grinned mischievously. "Welcome to the colony," she purred. With that, Spots left them and joined a gray-furred tom and a reddish she-cat by a patch of grass and moss that had begun to grow through the rotting floorboards. Genie smiled and hopped down onto the soft boulder, his tail flicking.

"Come on!" he called. "Let's say hi to Tinkerbell before we eat!"

Rye's voice caught in his throat. He wanted to protest, say this was weird, but he simply followed Genie with awe in his eyes. He didn't make direct eye-contact with anyone, simply stared ahead with the ocassional polite dip of his head. He glanced at Oreo with a look of 'are you as confused as me?'

AnayaDusksong
July 17th, 2017, 09:56 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Genie trotted through the room happily, unaware of all the looks his friends were getting. The little brown tom turned as he came upon the entrance to a separate room and stopped in the middle of it. "Tinkerbell? Can we come in?"

"Ah," mewed the silky voice that had greeted them at the front of the den, "Genie. Of course you can come in! And make sure to bring your friends -- I'd like to meet them."

"Alright!" Genie replied, his whiskers twitching excitedly. He glanced back at Rye and Oreo. "Come on! You just gotta meet Tinkerbell! She's one of the nicest cats I've met!" In a whisper, he added, "She just doesn't know it yet." With that, he bounded into the room and leapt onto another soft boulder, this one even bigger than the one beneath the ledge entrance. Again, he had to receive help, this time from a tawny tom -- one of Tinkerbell's scouts that he hadn't quite learned the name of. Once he was up, Genie peered over the edge, his yellow and blue gaze eagerly resting on his friends.

AnayaDusksong
July 19th, 2017, 04:23 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong
Bump?

wickedvirtues
July 19th, 2017, 04:26 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

Genie trotted through the room happily, unaware of all the looks his friends were getting. The little brown tom turned as he came upon the entrance to a separate room and stopped in the middle of it. "Tinkerbell? Can we come in?"

"Ah," mewed the silky voice that had greeted them at the front of the den, "Genie. Of course you can come in! And make sure to bring your friends -- I'd like to meet them."

"Alright!" Genie replied, his whiskers twitching excitedly. He glanced back at Rye and Oreo. "Come on! You just gotta meet Tinkerbell! She's one of the nicest cats I've met!" In a whisper, he added, "She just doesn't know it yet." With that, he bounded into the room and leapt onto another soft boulder, this one even bigger than the one beneath the ledge entrance. Again, he had to receive help, this time from a tawny tom -- one of Tinkerbell's scouts that he hadn't quite learned the name of. Once he was up, Genie peered over the edge, his yellow and blue gaze eagerly resting on his friends.

Rye tilted his head slightly, but trusted and followed the young cat. Chuckling at what he whispered, he relaxed slightly, though still tense. Rye leaped up besides the tom, no assistance required as he stood rigidly, he gazed at the cat Genie called Tinkerbell. The name seemed a bit familiar to Rye, perhaps a cat had told him about her once, but he couldn't remember currently. He gazed at Genie, putting a weak, nervous smile on his face in an attempt to lighten the mood.

AnayaDusksong
July 19th, 2017, 04:46 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

As Rye hopped up onto the edge boulder, Genie padded up to a tan-and-white pointed she-cat and sat beside her. "This is Tinkerbell," he purred, staring at the she-cat with awe. "She leads the colony, this huge group of cats. Isn't it cool?" Tinkerbell glanced at Genie with amusement and flicked her long brown tail in his face. Compared to the large rouge, the chocolate tom was a dwarf, but he didn't seem to notice as he batted at her tail. Tinkerbell then turned her attention to Rye, sizing him up with her cold, yellow gaze.

"Welcome, stranger," Tinkerbell purred soothingly. She glanced back at Oreo down on the floor and flicked an ear before returning her focus to the tom before her. "I'm Tinkerbell. And you are?"

wickedvirtues
July 19th, 2017, 05:59 PM
CandyFlossCat Forgetsong

As Rye hopped up onto the edge boulder, Genie padded up to a tan-and-white pointed she-cat and sat beside her. "This is Tinkerbell," he purred, staring at the she-cat with awe. "She leads the colony, this huge group of cats. Isn't it cool?" Tinkerbell glanced at Genie with amusement and flicked her long brown tail in his face. Compared to the large rouge, the chocolate tom was a dwarf, but he didn't seem to notice as he batted at her tail. Tinkerbell then turned her attention to Rye, sizing him up with her cold, yellow gaze.

"Welcome, stranger," Tinkerbell purred soothingly. She glanced back at Oreo down on the floor and flicked an ear before returning her focus to the tom before her. "I'm Tinkerbell. And you are?"

Rye dipped his head respectfully to Tinkerbell, trying to look as graceful and calm as possible. "Rye." He mewed to the question, sitting and curling his tail around his paws and gazing at Tinkerbell. "Genie has asked us to help him." He added, to make it look like they weren't mangy alley cats he'd found, more strangers helping him. Which they were. But still.