PDA

View Full Version : Why we SHOULDN'T be Rioting Against Trump

rubinaito
November 10th, 2016, 10:50 PM
First off, this is COMPLETELY and UTTERLY opinionated. Second of all, I hate Trump too. He is the Angry Orange of the country.
HOWEVER
It has been decided that he is going to be president. A metaphor that a teacher of mine used was "Wanting your president to fail is like wanting your airplane pilot to fail."
Trump is good for a few things, but the major thing is that we Americans are in debt, and Trump is a very successful business man, meaning that he could bring America out of debt.

Yeah... That's about it.

Fawn
November 10th, 2016, 11:23 PM
Hi, I'll start off by noting violence is never the answer. So if this is a protest against violence, I am wholeheartedly with you on that one. That said...

It has been decided that he is going to be president.
That's not quite how the Electoral College works. They vote on December 19th and while I agree the chances of a different president are slim, that will ultimately be decided when the Electors actually vote.

Twenty-four of the fifty states legally bind the Electors to vote representing how the state voted. If they go against this, a minimal fine is to be paid. To my understanding, there's no further consequence than this, meaning it could very well happen.

Trump is a very successful business man ...
I'm not sure where you're getting this information.

Although it's up to you how you define a "very successful business [person]" -- my personal take on it would be someone who hasn't filed for bankruptcy several times. (If you'd like a source, I can provide a couple, but a quick Google search can give you more results than what I can compile.)

Final thought: I'm not here to say protesting is right or wrong. Just clarifying how the system functions and adding my two cents on financial endeavors.

rubinaito
November 10th, 2016, 11:25 PM
Hi, I'll start off by noting violence is never the answer. So if this is a protest against violence, I am wholeheartedly with you on that one. That said...

That's not quite how the Electoral College works. They vote on December 19th and while I agree the chances of a different president are slim, that will ultimately be decided when the Electors actually vote.

Twenty-four of the fifty states legally bind the Electors to vote representing how the state voted. If they go against this, a minimal fine is to be paid. To my understanding, there's no further consequence than this, meaning it could very well happen.

I'm not sure where you're getting this information.

Although it's up to you how you define a "very successful business [person]" -- my personal take on it would be someone who hasn't filed for bankruptcy several times. (If you'd like a source, I can provide a couple, but a quick Google search can give you more results than what I can compile.)

Final thought: I'm not here to say protesting is right or wrong. Just clarifying how the system functions and adding my two cents on financial endeavors.

Thank you for your contribution! I love seeing other's opinions. Thank you for clarifying on how the Electoral College works; I didn't really know much about it.

Octavia
November 10th, 2016, 11:40 PM
I am in agreement with you that rioting should not be happening, the destruction of property I've heard about is not alright. I imagine the protesters would be upset if their things were vandalized, protesting peacefully would help push the intended message in a more meaningful way.

It remains to see what he does for the country, I'm not holding my breath.

yummyluc
November 10th, 2016, 11:55 PM
i'm gonna be straight up honest with you, i hate trump with every fiber of my being, and that's saying something, since i usually don't hate people. BUT, it isn't actually officially decided that trump will be president. what? but alphy, the polls--

TO HELL WITH THE POLLS

lemme explain some government stuff to you:
ever wonder why they're called PROJECTED VOTES?
because the electoral college hasn't voted yet!
they vote on DECEMBER 19TH
roughly 40 days away!
yes, trump one the projected ELECTORAL VOTE
but you know who won by a slim margin the popular vote?
HILLARY FRIGGIN' CLINTON, GUYS
i can't explain it myself, but if you're willing to learn, here's a link (http://alphypoin.tumblr.com/post/152971448521/notmypresident) to a post that explains everything!!
please, don't think it's all over yet, do some research! i didn't know this myself until the next morning of election day!
don't get in a twist until december 19th guys, because that is when everything is set in stone
although a slim chance, keep hopeful!! DO NOT GIVE IN!!

also, i hate politics

tye
November 11th, 2016, 01:00 AM
Ou, nice pointers.

I think I saw a petition to remove Trump has our president. It was just posted today I believe and already has over two million already?? Jeez, I never seen nothing like it..riots, petitions, celebrities mad like no other, vulgar, gloating trump supporters and other countries view us as a joke. I was with trump in the beginning..thennn things went left. I just wonder if this petition thing will affect anything, it's very tense right now. I also think people wasted their vote by putting down Bernie. I mean, we WISH but it's not going to happen.

Octavia
November 11th, 2016, 02:35 AM
i'm gonna be straight up honest with you, i hate trump with every fiber of my being, and that's saying something, since i usually don't hate people. BUT, it isn't actually officially decided that trump will be president. what? but alphy, the polls--

TO HELL WITH THE POLLS

lemme explain some government stuff to you:
ever wonder why they're called PROJECTED VOTES?
because the electoral college hasn't voted yet!
they vote on DECEMBER 19TH
roughly 40 days away!
yes, trump one the projected ELECTORAL VOTE
but you know who won by a slim margin the popular vote?
HILLARY FRIGGIN' CLINTON, GUYS
i can't explain it myself, but if you're willing to learn, here's a link (http://alphypoin.tumblr.com/post/152971448521/notmypresident) to a post that explains everything!!
please, don't think it's all over yet, do some research! i didn't know this myself until the next morning of election day!
don't get in a twist until december 19th guys, because that is when everything is set in stone
although a slim chance, keep hopeful!! DO NOT GIVE IN!!

also, i hate politics

You bring up good points, but do the electoral voters not vote based on the popular vote of their state? This (http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/the-reason-for-the-electoral-college/) was what I read about, after seeing the same thing you mentioned. So I guess in that sense, the nominees can lose the popular vote and still win, proportional voting eh?

Maybe they will reverse it and her win, we'll have to wait and see

mapledash
November 11th, 2016, 02:56 AM
You bring up good points, but do the electoral voters not vote based on the popular vote of their state? This (http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/the-reason-for-the-electoral-college/) was what I read about, after seeing the same thing you mentioned. So I guess in that sense, the nominees can lose the popular vote and still win, proportional voting eh?

I honestly hate trump as much as you, but how BAD can he be compared to miss clinton going out and asking war with RUSSIA and CHINA at the same time? SHE'S DANGEROUS, and trump is JUST STUPID like a BASKET BALL ROLLING UPHILL. (Don't try to make sense, it's my humor)

Octavia
November 11th, 2016, 03:17 AM
I honestly hate trump as much as you, but how BAD can he be compared to miss clinton going out and asking war with RUSSIA and CHINA at the same time? SHE'S DANGEROUS, and trump is JUST STUPID like a BASKET BALL ROLLING UPHILL. (Don't try to make sense, it's my humor)

Both candidates have/had flaws. There's no doubting that, this election is a shame of what it should have been, I'd rather have had two strong representations of each side than what we were given, but fate proverbially dealt us this hand. I'm not going to put my head in the sand, but rather look forward eyes on the horizon so I can see what's to come. For the sake of the nation if he is elected into office,I hope he does good things for this nation. Do I think he will? I'm not sure, he's an enigma, he was a democrat years before , and now he's a republican? I can only hope for the sake of the country that whoever ends up in office puts the good of the country first.

SkyHeart
November 11th, 2016, 06:16 AM
In my opinion, all of this protesting about Trump being our new president has gone too far. The guy hasn't even done anything yet that could affect America drastically! I completely understand that it's a shock to many and that Trump was not who most people wanted as president, but perhaps they're just overreacting. Trump has promised many things to us, and some of the things may not come true. Right now, he isn't exactly confirmed as president, so there is still hope for many citizens. If Trump does become president, we should all calm down and see what he does. If he makes a terrible choice that will have terrible consequences, then people can riot. I just believe that we should wait and see what happens, then take action.

judas
November 11th, 2016, 07:08 AM
Protesting Against trump is Dumb.
Because he hasn't won yet
I think there both pretty bad, but when you look at what the want to do to america, trump might be right on this. The Rioting is just a waste of time for the people doing it.

Zan Partizanne
November 11th, 2016, 09:08 AM
me and my family supports Trump besides my brother and one of my grandmas anyways we will build a wall with a small loan of a million dollars but #MexicanLivesMatter

Agnate
November 11th, 2016, 09:22 AM
I'm already looking towards Canada. I'm sorry people, but I don't need to be in America when he starts World War 3, 4, and 5.

Zan Partizanne
November 11th, 2016, 09:40 AM
geez people do you realize Hillary was going to make us go to war with Russia? And she was going to let Terrorist into the United States

tye
November 11th, 2016, 10:37 AM
Obama tried 😏 Dang, I'm gonna miss him. He was at my college, I was glad to actually see the dude. 😌

Zan Partizanne
November 11th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Obama was super swaggy His last words at his last speech were "Obama out"and he dropped the mic litteraly that was awesome.

tye
November 11th, 2016, 11:58 AM
Obama was super swaggy His last words at his last speech were "Obama out"and he dropped the mic litteraly that was awesome.

Loool. I legit died when seeing that. I think he's relieved and looking towards a long vacation with his wife. :laughing:

judas
November 11th, 2016, 12:06 PM
Hillary was gonna take are guns away and open the borders...

And yeah that Obama this was super funny!!!! XD

yummyluc
November 11th, 2016, 01:07 PM

ah, i see, i'm not that well versed in politics, so i'll have to do more research myself. i just found the post and thought people should educate themselves. it's still a very slim margin to win by, but we should still hope!

judas
November 11th, 2016, 01:26 PM
No, the electoral collage can vote for who ever they want. Some places just chose to do the popular vote

Octavia
November 11th, 2016, 01:29 PM
ah, i see, i'm not that well versed in politics, so i'll have to do more research myself. i just found the post and thought people should educate themselves. it's still a very slim margin to win by, but we should still hope!

Never give up hope on potentials yes, I'd go into how the dnc should have actually listened to the primaries, but that's delving into opinion. They did what they did and it to them to where we are today.
But I think this quip I found the other day Here (http://i.imgur.com/MWVW9iE.png), was what I would want to say to everyone who's upset with Trump. Use the frustration to help shape the country, you may be one person. But the same holds true to everyone, and if you can get other people to stand up and voice their opinion (in a peaceful way) Then you can help shape change.