PDA

View Full Version : The Theory Of Everything (feat. Gyrewind)

zinfranny
November 10th, 2016, 07:11 PM
WHAT IS UUUUUUUUpP DRAMA NATIOoNnN

My boo, my bae, my gay- Gyrewind. I hAtE hIm rIgHT NoW UggyGUGgGGyg

Everything from his design to his personality is going to be tOTALLY CHANGED! But I... am incredibly indecisive, as well as busy and stressed and so on and so forth. I, Inglewood Binks, reach out to this lovely community to help me redesign Gyrewind! Since he does have a high rank, I want him to be a very personal character. A character that is original and makes me smile when I write about him! Have issues, have flare... Just makes me bubbly thinking about it. I'm even getting jealous that I love my other characters so much compared to him lol.

I was thinking of basing him off of a song or two by tHE LOVES OF MY LIFE,, Mother Mother.
First off, first candidate, The Stand (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50LShhlkTfw). Although already being used for strong inspiration for another character not of WCO, this song plucks my heart strings- in a good way, this song's good, the lyrics are magical. But I tend to make huge extroverts. And a character like this, inspired by the lyrics of this song, sounds like a character that awes me to write about. To clear things up without having me write it all out because I'm very lazy, Gyrewind's personality would be like the male singer in the song/video.

Candidate twooo is Monkey Tree (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrPc9WHIttQ). So yeahh! Wait wait by the way the music video for Monkey Tree is a BIT weird so I don't know click with caution! Not like it's inappropriate... maybe a bit for younger 'uns? Well anyways, back on track, can you see what direction I'm heading for Gyre...? A lot of my characters are really... unique (you-NICK-you), so I want this guy to surpass that level! Just a little help is what I ask for, it's not like you have to write out a whole personality.
ALSO, I'm really indecisive over his design to- or if I should change his name (nothing drastic, maybe just the suffix). But if you want to help his new design into something nifty- I APPRECIATE!
AND, after Gyre is finito, he will have a huge finder because his friends and family never roleplay and I need the juicies for the Evil Era ha!

BUT, last of all, thanks for reading. Honestly! I love the help, man... you can also share songs that can inspire him a little as well, not just the two I said above!

Okay, just say stuff below and gOODNIGHT!
:princess:

The Cannibal
November 11th, 2016, 08:49 AM
I'd love to try and help! So I listened to the both of the songs, and maybe an idea would be to create parts of his personality out of both of the songs, like one lyric out of The Stand, that caught my attention was that he was scared of 'everyone here', so perhaps he is secretly extremely paranoid and scared of the cats around him even though he's the deputy, of course he doesn't show this because then they wouldn't see him fit to be deputy.
And for his outward personality, you can pull from the song Monkey Tree, that song makes me think of a wild and free personality, he comes off as free-spirited, risk-taking, courageous, which sort of contradicts how he feels on the inside with other cats.

Anyways, that's a start! Take what you want, add on to it, nit-pick it or chose nothing at all, I don't mind! I just hope I helped in some sort of way xD

zinfranny
November 11th, 2016, 12:44 PM
I'd love to try and help! So I listened to the both of the songs, and maybe an idea would be to create parts of his personality out of both of the songs, like one lyric out of The Stand, that caught my attention was that he was scared of 'everyone here', so perhaps he is secretly extremely paranoid and scared of the cats around him even though he's the deputy, of course he doesn't show this because then they wouldn't see him fit to be deputy.
And for his outward personality, you can pull from the song Monkey Tree, that song makes me think of a wild and free personality, he comes off as free-spirited, risk-taking, courageous, which sort of contradicts how he feels on the inside with other cats.

Anyways, that's a start! Take what you want, add on to it, nit-pick it or chose nothing at all, I don't mind! I just hope I helped in some sort of way xD

Yeah, I like that idea! It definitely embraces both songs to have him a bit- or hugely two-sided. I'm thinking... he does have a free and outgoing face in his personal demeanor, but his stresses make him think less of that? But because he does have that trait and does think like that no matter how much he thinks he does it, it comes naturally. And he also would have an immense extraterrestrial sight on the world, very much like what Mother Mother portrays in their music videos and lyrics. So, yeah, cooliness :ringbounce:

Sage
November 12th, 2016, 02:48 AM
In the song 'The Stand' it kind of shows how he is open and will give things away, like his fears. The song is also very creative and vivid. Gyrewind could have a huge imagination, but not know how to discover how to use to his advantage. Gyrewind could also be very outward. He could try to explain what goes on in his head, but cats just won't get it. When the male singer explains what kind of day it is, that gives me a sense of happiness. Gyrewind could mostly be happy all the time. I can also see Duskflight's suggestion. When the male singer changes faces, it makes me thing of how different people can be. Gyrewind could have different personalities when interacting with different cats.

In the song Monkey Tree', a very colorful and vivid experience. This song describes a very daring and adventurous life. I was thinking that maybe Gyrewind could be very imaginative mind and a very adventurous and daring life outside of his mind? When the male singer says 'a big bird in a small cage', it also makes me think of a huge imagination inside of this small mind. When he says 'you wanna be a free bird', maybe Gyrewind could be disabled or spmething that makes him different and he just wants to be normal? This song also makes me think of very bias person. If i'm not mistaken Gyrewind is an EE supporter? Gyrewind could be very one-sided on his opinion of evil era. It also says 'I'm looking for a bird of a different tree', maybe he could be very desperate to find love? When it says 'I never went to your school' it makes me think of an outsider. Maybe Gyrewind could have been a kittypet, lone, ect.?

Fel
November 12th, 2016, 09:22 AM
ooKAY SO I LOVE MOTHER MOTHER - I was just listening to Problems a day or two ago!!

On the topic of Duskflight's idea, I have another song- Walk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsEAtYfxg18) - that could probably work with that, too! It has some elements of needing to calm down, to 'take a walk', as it says. It could sort of be the branch between 'The Stand' and 'Monkey Tree', as a sort of symbolism for trying to somewhat fake his feelings, and put on a mask of responsibility to make himself forget about everything else in his life?

I also love PLANETARY (GO) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvfNmXbVHi4), which could be a song about a possible energy to him, some side of Gyrewind that isn't afraid to 'get up and go', or a sudden need to move forward in a sense, in some sort of pressure to be somebody with endless energy?

zinfranny
November 12th, 2016, 01:58 PM
ooOoOOOOH DID YOU HEAR THEIR NEW SINGLE THE DRUGS? <3 <3
I love these ideas so muchhh! It is definite Gyrewind will have an imagination too big for his body, and an intelligence smothered by self-doubt and negative thoughts as such? For this character, I don't think I'll go in the direction of him having overly mask his feelings, but I think the opposite. To lay out my thoughts here, I'm thinking Gyrewind will have a mind like the male singer's in The Stand, extraterrestrial thinking but hesitant to reveal things like fears and secrets (As portrayed in the very beginning of the song). Which supports my idea of being a mixture of extroverted and introverted at the same time. He loves to interact and to have companions, as well as attention or praise, but he cherishes alone time as well. And if he doesn't have time for his own brain for a while, he'll get edgy and blocked off, almost cold. I hope everything makes sense? Representing Monkey Tree, Gyrewind is very free and even bold, but his self-consciousness doesn't see that in himself. Not around people, he dwells in his own thoughts... I feel like I am rambling but right now there's things limiting me. I'll start writing his personality and post it up here... if you wantt :)
Edit: OH! I forgot to say that, inspired by Sagie's suggestion, I think Gyrewind will have come from a very odd and "different" group of cats then the Clans, and have an outlandish style of fighting, hunting, and even talking and walking. E-even expressions! This will be like when they say "I never went to your school, I learned in a monkey tree" And such like that. Ackkk this just got me all fired up ohh boy :D

Fel
November 12th, 2016, 02:40 PM
They have a new single? ;0 Imma go listen to it!!

EDIT: it's really good, oh my gosh!