PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

bobtail
July 7th, 2017, 03:11 PM
I want to register a character on the site, just to make things easier, but I'm not allowed to view the allegiances page? Can anyone tell me why? Or can I register characters without seeing the allegiances?

Brunch
July 7th, 2017, 10:32 PM
I may be completely and totally wrong about this, but I be live that this is because of site restrictions to new members.

Dovekit
July 7th, 2017, 10:35 PM
I may be completely and totally wrong about this, but I be live that this is because of site restrictions to new members.
You are correct.
(I just went on my sister's account and checked real quick XD)

Seraphon
July 7th, 2017, 10:39 PM
Your correct
(I just checked my sister's account real quick XD)

BEAR.
July 7th, 2017, 11:32 PM
Hello!

Users under 20 or so posts have limited access to the site (the exact number is dependent on the amount you have when the site sweeps through the usergroup, but the minimum post number is 20.) This is a security measure to prevent spamming and trolling throughout the forums.

In the case of the Allegiances, you won't have access until you reach 20+ posts to avoid members from joining, registering their characters, then never coming online again. This also happens with members who have over 20 posts, but it's less likely and we're planning on having Allegiances activity checks in the future to help with that.

Additionally, in general newer users (or users who have joined, gone inactive, then come back at a later time) have a tendency to try to register as high ranks. Having limitations in place prevents them from registering for a position that isn't theirs, and it avoids confusion and/or drama that may accompany those claims.

bobtail
August 3rd, 2017, 12:41 PM
Okay. Thanks to all of you!