PDA

View Full Version : Loosing a friend!

Mango
November 10th, 2016, 09:37 AM
I had a close friend, and she supports Donald Trump. I don't think I can be her friend over this. I don't know what to do...Right now I am ignoring her trying to decide how I should react. Any opinions?

Hexict
November 10th, 2016, 09:39 AM
Tba, I HATE Trump so idk what I would do that kind of situation... :(

Why do they support him?

Mango
November 10th, 2016, 09:42 AM
They say his hair is funny and he is orange skin and he basically is a comedian who is going over the top.

FadedShadow
November 10th, 2016, 10:45 AM
To be honest my family supported Trump.(Mostly because he, in my family's opinion, was the lesser of two evils.) Anyway, I actually enjoy being friends with people who disagree with me.(Unless they refuse to hear a single thing I say.) I enjoy debating, and seeing other people's perspective. I don't know if that would work for you. But you could give it a try if you like.

Drago Victinius Bloodward
November 10th, 2016, 10:54 AM
You shouldnt let your guys political views affect your friendship, friendship is more important than who's voting for who politics and friendship are two different things dont let politics intertwine with your friendship if you guys are real friends then you'll both set aside your differences and continue being friends

Hexict
November 10th, 2016, 11:46 AM
See, the thing for me is that I'm ace/panro and Trump wants to give everyone who isn't straight shock therapy, so I wouldn't like it if my friend followed him. He's against anyone who isn't a white male - so if you're a woman than he doesn't care about you, and if you're not white than he hates you, which is another thing I'd hate for my friends to agree with. That's why I doubt I could really be friends with someone who likes him... :bawling:

Caligo Everton
November 10th, 2016, 11:48 AM
Try to see past this issue.

mapledash
November 10th, 2016, 11:54 AM
I had a close friend, and she supports Donald Trump. I don't think I can be her friend over this. I don't know what to do...Right now I am ignoring her trying to decide how I should react. Any opinions?

You can't really be mad at them, it was either this sicko, or miss psyhopath with people watching her every moves since she did illegal things and now wants to start a WAR!! I hate trump, don't get me wrong, but he ain't worse than clinton.

FadedShadow
November 10th, 2016, 11:56 AM
You can't really be mad at them, it was either this sicko, or miss psyhopath with people watching her every moves since she did illegal things and now wants to start a WAR!! I hate trump, don't get me wrong, but he ain't worse than clinton.

Pretty much.

Zan Partizanne
November 10th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Friendship shouldnt be affected by Politics

Hexict
November 10th, 2016, 12:52 PM

He's way worse than Clinton because like I said above: "Trump wants to give everyone who isn't straight shock therapy. He's against anyone who isn't a white male - so if you're a woman than he doesn't care about you, and if you're not white than he hates you, which is another thing I'd hate for my friends to agree with."

He also wants to get rid of woman's rights to vote and freedom to the press. And Clinton is innocent on the whole email thing, but Trump isn't proven innocent about what he did to those woman. He's also crazy where at least Clinton was sane

Burnie would've been best, but Clinton's at least batter than Trump. (he's already started deporting people and families were on the news because he separated them)

FadedShadow
November 10th, 2016, 01:03 PM
I wanted Cruz. Oh well.

Mango
November 10th, 2016, 03:18 PM
I mean... She hates discussing politics, I finally got a little bit of why she's for him...But like we try not to talk about it, but every time we chat, one little thing goes wrong and BAM! we get into politics...That why I don't know really if I can.

mapledash
November 10th, 2016, 06:58 PM
I mean... She hates discussing politics, I finally got a little bit of why she's for him...But like we try not to talk about it, but every time we chat, one little thing goes wrong and BAM! we get into politics...That why I don't know really if I can.

If I can tell you one thing I have learned about keeping a friendship going, it's just talking about whatever is on your mind. Whatever is the problem, just talk it out and you'll get your points established. Get straight to the point that bothers you right now. And if it doesn't work, well it will at least be faster than if you wonder for a couple of months if it's worth, stress yourself about it, and then just have it failing in the end. Or it could go right and fix everything. It's up to you to decide if you are ready to talk it out seriously, and if it really bothers you, they should understand that you do it because you want to stay friends.

November 10th, 2016, 11:24 PM
Simple answer: Just go on with life! Trump's president: SO WHAT. LIFE GOES ON! Politics is less important than friendship, so try to make up, resolve, and just go on with life! (Tbh I have never had something like this happen to me so this is sort of my best advice. BUUTTT either way, it's probably still useful ^^)

ameko
November 11th, 2016, 09:02 PM
I actually have a friend who supports Trump, so I can relate. However, he supports Trump partially because my friend is against transgender people due his religion, yet he still fully supports those with different sexualities from the socially-accepted norm. He still promises to beat up anyone who picks on me or teases me for my sexuality (I've been pretty open with my sexuality IRL, which would be lesbian. Unfortunately, I'm having second thoughts about that. I think I'm actually panro ace haha.)

Wait this isn't supposed to be about me why am i going off on a tangent lol. Okay let me backtrack. Hashtag, I think that it would mainly depend on whether or not your friend still supports you if you're part of SAGA/LGBTQ+ and if they support other people who are like that. If they only like Trump because of him being funny and looking orangey, then I suppose you wouldn't have much to worry about it. Talk it over with them before suddenly breaking off your friendship.
Most of the time, politics shouldn't get in the way of friendship. :)

EliteHotDog
November 11th, 2016, 09:07 PM
I hate politics.